LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
100%
  [ 17 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 17
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:33 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I read through half of the article this morning and just finished it.
You did a great job of covering FoTR block format and the article was pretty easy to read overall. YOu fixed your s that were around this morning and have done a great job.
You get a well earned 5.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:35 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Embarassed
Thanks a lot! Very Happy
Who knows, if I get some positive feedback on this one (ok, I’ve already got it, but I’m still trying to convince myself to go through so much work yet again), I may be writing one on "casual" formats (all those I listed in the Open Discussion, since I tested those, as well as some you guys listed there, after I ask for permission from the submiters), INCLUDING decklists for them (although only a sample one, one Free Peoples and one Shadow, two tops)... Think

Include the Sauron swarms deck I made! So broken! But that’s really for open format... what kind of formats would you be including? Actually, this could be a discussion for a member’s lounge topic, unless you don’t mind us sidetracking on your article until we have the time to read it through?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:50 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
By all means, I mean, it’s related to another possible Article I might write, so, it "kinda" fits... Laughing
I’m writing on formats like "Evil Always Wins" (yes, including decklists Twisted Evil ), "Shire Only" (maybe) and stuff like it, which you can check here.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:29 pm
I actually read it all! Actually, if you don’t spend a TON of time mulling over each and every card in the decklists, it’s a fairly easy read.

I would have appreciated you including the "Sneak Bomb" style of swarms, (generating HUGE amounts of twilight with runners, 4 armories, and scimitars, then using the underdeeps of moria to play out millions of minions, and of course getting your goblin sneak stacked on goblin swarms) I think it is better than the traditional, and even if you don’t think so, I think it’s worth mentioning. Even with scimitars, swarms needs hand extension (although it technically it doesn’t extend your HAND, but it can give you more minions. Plus, it can cycle through your deck, starting with the bottom, cards you may not even get to play anyway.)
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:56 pm
Now edited, by elf lvr’s request, also featuring Sneak Bomb’s deck list (with costs) and a way to beat it! Thanks for the idea! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
maxidoodle
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:28 pm
Shocked

CRAP. There goes my chances of winning. Oh, well... There’s always next month...

This article is insane. I don’t even have to read it - I can tell just by looking at your headers and organization that this article owns. I will read it later, but it’s a 5 from me. Hands down. Homage Homage Homage
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:47 pm
Thanks, maxidoodle! Means a lot to me, after all, your Fruit Loops deck kicks ass, hands down, too! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:59 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Thanks, maxidoodle! Means a lot to me, after all, your Fruit Loops deck kicks ass, hands down, too! Very Happy

I beat his "Fruit Loops" deck all the time! Wink Very Happy Nonetheless, it is quite an impressive deck! Very Happy
TheShyzle
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:22 pm
Even though I have 2 articles in this month I would say you deserve to win by far. Great effort and Great Article. 5 from me as well. Things were so much simpler when there was only fellowship block cards and TT. Good job I hope you win. Applause
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:34 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Excellent article, it gets a 5 right off the bat. Just one or two little minor details to make it perfect...
    -You’ve got a no-link in your Goblin Sneak bomb. In your decklist, you have "Threats of the Unknown", where it should be Threat of the Unknown.
    -Is "library" a Magic term? You referred to Goblin Sneak as being able to "send those Goblin Runners to the bottom of your library".

Maybe I’ve got a shot at 2nd place.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest