LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 am
Good points with the cards grashopper. I liked seeing Eowyn in there. True she boosts the cultures up to 4 which can hurt but she can give you the huge bonus of using "For the Mark" to get rid of a Pavise or otherwise hurtful posession. This used to be especially crucial to the standard decks when Towers Block still included Broad Bladed Sword and Easterling Polearm (headache!). I also liked the Gimli's Battle Axe choice!
Haves/Wants
Cobra
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:56 pm
Just for the record, this deck totally stomped me in an LOTR Online game the other day. Laughing I had a "hunting Uruk" Shadow side (pretty solid even though it's Hunter-block only) that has done very well in the past, but this time the arrows just tore through everything, and Grashopper's fellowship hardly even had to skirmish.

Based on the decklist here, I'd suggest ditching Sword of the Fallen (just not a very efficient card IMO) and adding extra copies of the cards that should be out early -- Aragorn, Forth the Three Hunters, maybe Ithilien Blade. I don't remember Swords showing up in our game though, so maybe you did this already... Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Grashopper
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:47 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
Cobra wrote:
Just for the record, this deck totally stomped me in an LOTR Online game the other day. Laughing I had a "hunting Uruk" Shadow side (pretty solid even though it's Hunter-block only) that has done very well in the past, but this time the arrows just tore through everything, and Grashopper's fellowship hardly even had to skirmish.

Based on the decklist here, I'd suggest ditching Sword of the Fallen (just not a very efficient card IMO) and adding extra copies of the cards that should be out early -- Aragorn, Forth the Three Hunters, maybe Ithilien Blade. I don't remember Swords showing up in our game though, so maybe you did this already... Cool

Thanks for the props, Conor. The deck I play online uses the same idea, but is honed to produce the max archery possible. There aren't any swords; as you note, they're not effiicient and hopefully you dont spend much time skirmishing. The biggest change is Hearts Raised, which allows you to cycle your hand while removing threats. Removing threats is key to being able to use Aragorn's Bow the whole game w/o having someone die. I'll try to remember to post my current deck list when I get home. The deck I made in this article is honed to sell the most Hunters Block cards. Wink
Check out this Online Strategy TCG:
StarChamber
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:46 pm
No offence to you, this deck is great, but is too expensive for the low budget hobbyists(myself included) The $8 Galadrial, the $10 rare ring and there goes my budget but beside that a pretty good deck.

Ciao,
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:00 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Gagnut wrote:
No offence to you, this deck is great, but is too expensive for the low budget hobbyists(myself included) The $8 Galadrial, the $10 rare ring and there goes my budget but beside that a pretty good deck.

Ciao,

you acidentally said that twice also good article overall

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest