LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
ingold55
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:33 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail looked at Imhis.

"You have no problem with killing your own?! what happened so many years ago that made you so bitter?!"

everyone stopped and looked at Durail and Imhis,

"I suggest you mind your own business Durail. You are crossing on dangerous ground." Imhis said in an intemidating voice.

Durail stopped and looked at the man, how could such a bitterness come to a man?

He could not ponder it long, because they had to move on to do their job.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:12 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Sven a Blacksmith from Pellanor was not in his environment. He was used to the smoke of the smoldering iron, the steam coming from the hot metal. Sven didn’t know what his purpose that drove him to it, maybe it was the stories of his king, Aragorn going off the explore and fight in battles where he skirmished against forces 5 times bigger and still come out victorious or go against the will of a ghost and make him submit. The boy was also inspired by the stories of old Numenor. When Soldiers fought against the raw power of Sauron and spilled the blood of orcs across the whole of middle earth. The boy wanted glory, and the smell of dead enemies and a bloodied blade of his trusty sword on his war horse. He wanted it, and to come home to his peers with and orc scimitar, and the orc’s head to go with it. The girls would run away and the boys would just wish they were there with him, And Aragorn would go to his parents and say, “Your son is one of the best warriors in Gondor.” Then He would be the hero. That was 2 months ago, he is now marching, marching oh terrible marching. That accursed tool of Hades, that makes men get up at the crack of dawn and rest when you stumble in the gloom of night. The boy’s captain was a particularly nasty fellow who got the bad end of a Mumak in the previous war. His story is another tedious and long one that every recruit has to endure, but that is not what this is about.

One day they were marching and they came upon some hurried tracks and a hastily put out fire. Our expert trackers were boggled by the tracks, but once they found out there was a great commotion. “Troll, orcs from Khand most likely,” said one tracker, “This is no ordinary troll track,” said a wizened old man, “I saw these tracks the day we were at the Towers of the Teeth, They are the tracks of the accursed tribe of Gagnut!” At this there was an even bigger commotion. “Gagnut!” was the murmer going through the camp, “so it is trolls then, may their bodies rot in their graves” said the captain with an ominous vengeance, “so...be it.” he said with a strong but quavering voice.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:48 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin listened to Imhis’s plan. "are you up to it?" he asked Pustachio "I guess" the hobbit replied. Pustachio ran forward yelling and waving his arms. This was the crucial part if they fired on him he would be dead and they would have to think of another plan, but no 6,8,10,12 of them ran out to chase the hobbit, "ready Corvus?""When have i not been" 6 second later 4 of them were on the ground,2 continued racing after Pustachio but the other 6 charged them.2 more arrows hit, Then a throwing dagger from Imhis cut out another one.While Corvus, Imhis, and Durail took out the other 3, Tuilin shot one of Pustachio’s pursuers. Then pustachio spun around and thrust his dagger into the corsairs belly. The corsair stumbled back and fell dead. Pustachio fell to his knees crying and saying "I didn’t want to kill him just to get him to stop chasing me, oh why, why did I kill him." Tuilin looked to Durail "do you want to handle this?" "I think we all should."

I will let someone else do that dialogue, dialogue isn’t my strong point in RPG’ing, if i have one Very Happy

After they had Comforted Pustachio, they quickly set sail for the temple, and whatever secrets and enemies waited inside.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:49 pm
If Gagnut was any less ruthless and cruel, his followers would have deserted him long ago, they were used to his oddities and quirks, for one, he had a portion of their clan in southern ithilien harvesting chestnut on a plantation, anougher one was that he always seemed to know the way to go, like a ranger in far away Eredgion, Gagnut had them traveling in the desert for 2 weeks, until at last they reached their destination,

Umbar is mainly inhabited by men, a few orcs are still said to lurk in the alleys, castaways from the fall of Sauron. Southrons come to trade their goods to the local Umbarians, Umbar is known as the City of the Corsairs, but the city also has a fair amount of respectable citizens, but the shaman was not among the wealthy quarter, he was in the wharf quarter, the corsair’s playground and asylem.

Gagnut came into the outskirts of the town at dawn, the caravans from the deep south were arriving and the streets were starting to get busy, Gagnut and his clan were a strange site in the city, and were met with queer looks from the local population.

Gagnut made it through there, and then came up to the Corsair’s Quarter.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Imhis rushed to the docks and swiftly began untying a boat. "Durail!" He called, "Help me get these boats loose!" Soon, three small boats lay drifting in the water, each bearing some of the companions. As quick as they could, they moved towords the temple. Soon, they were at the shore.

They slowly approached the temple’s great gates. They were securely padlocked. "What are we going to do now?" Pustachio asked. In reply, Imhis simply stepped forward and drew out his sword. It was the first time he had to draw it in the presence of the others, normally he only fought with throwing knives. The blade was a strange, silvery color and did not have any notches or wear apparent on it. In contrast, the padlock of the door was well rusted and looked weak. Imhis slowly reached back, then swung with lighting speed. His sword easily shattered the rusted lock. As he put it back in its sheath, Corvus noted that it seemed to have been unaffected by the colision.

Together, they stepped into the first room of the temple. The first thing they noticed was its largeness, it seemed as if most of this temple was one giant room. The second thing they saw was that the temple had no roof; it was fully open to the elements. Thinking back to the seige of osgiliath, Tuilin thought, A Nazgul and his mount could easily come through this ceiling... Even though the nazgul were long gone, this thought still disturbed him.

"There are three doors here," Imhis said. "Only one will lead to what we seek. I suggest..." but he was cut off by the sudden sound of stone scraping against stone. One of the great doors was opening. Out came a legion of southrons, apparently surprised to see the company. Many had bows hung across their backs, and swords hanging by their sides. They were wearing heavy traveling cloaks, and their skin was far darker than the skin of normal Haradrim.

The group charged, the southrons had no time to draw their bows. Metal clashed against metal as the two groups collided, swords raised. Many southrons fell, but more seemed to come. Suddenly, a deep voice barked an order in the Haradrim tongue. The southrons retreated for a moment, then parted to let one warrior through. He was wearing a cloak like the others, but it was far less tattered and had slight gold trimmings. He had a sword at his side, but nothing more. He was at least a head taller than all of his men, he was obviously the leader. His hood was thrown back to show skin nearly as dark as midnight, thin lips and deep set, shadowy eyes.

"Hello, noble warriors," he said, in unmistakable Gondorian language. "I am impressed to see you have come this far, it seems we are evenly matched in our tracking skills. I would have you know, however, that your quest ends here. I am Dâuridam. I will be your killer." Then, he raised one hand, and the mass of southrons reeled back in fear. He began speaking under his breath, and all of the group immediately recognized him for what he was: a soerceror. Corvus quickly nocked and let loose and arrow, Imhis threw many daggers, but from Dâuridam’s hand came a thick black cloud of smoke, obscuring their vision. All weapons missed their mark. From within the growing blackness, they heard the sorceror’s voice; "Kill them, kill them all!" The horde of southrons rushed forward, only their faces visible in front of the growing black mass.

"Retreat! Retreat!" Durail shouted, the group retreated quickly into the open space. Arrows flew by their heads, but the Southrons could see just as poorly in the growing dark as they could. As the shadow spread around them, they saw Dâuridam rushing toward the exit, surrounded on all sides by armored warriors. He turned for a moment to look at them, smiling and raising his hand. Clenched tight in his fist was a long dagger, with black handle and blood-red blade. This was the relic they had been searching for. But before they could move to intercept him, the darkness was already upon them, and they were forced to flee once more.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:27 pm
Gagnut was less feared by drunken pirates, some of them still stood their distance, but the less sober thought he was a tree, and they told him so, but they woundn’t think about much after they were thrown against the wall by a "limb".

Gagnut’s followers went about basicly the same fashion, leaving crumpled forms of unconsious pirates strewn across the street. After a half hour, they made it to the door of the shaman’s house.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
ingold55
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:20 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Durail watched with the others as the sourcerer ran out of the temple with the dagger.

"Get him!" Durail yelled. "I will hold them off!"

Corvus and Tuilin went immediatly with Berethor and Pustachio, but Imhis held back.

He locked eyes with Durail, he was about to say something, when Durail spoke.

"Get going, Imhis! the longer you linger, to more time our enemy has to flee!" He nodded at Imhis, pulled two throwing daggers, and jumped around the corner.
Imhis looked toward the hall for a few seconds, drew a dagger threw it at a southron, and ran out the door.

Durail lept around the corner, a fierce look in his eyes. in mid-air, he hurled his two daggers, and pulled Flame. As he landed, another dagger flew past his ear and landed in a southron. a few southrons had pulled their swords, but the rest still had their bows out. they sent two volleys at Durail, but to none found their mark. by this time, Durail was nearly on the southrons, and lunged himself into their ranks. The archers scattered, but the swords men came charging. Durail put all his fighting knowledge into use. ducking, parrying, slicing, punching, stabbing kicking. By the time he had finished off most of the southroners, other swords men came to their friends aid.
they had to get to the others who had escaped, but Durail kept them at bay.
Just when victory seamed near, Durial heard a heavy footstep.

turning, Durail looked at his approaching enemy. in his hands he bore two pole arms, his golden armor shown bright.

The easterling had arrived...
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin watched as the sorcerer fled from the temple the dagger they needed in his hand. Tuilin felt useless, he could never fight sorcerers, Durail yelled at them to chase him and they started off running at full tilt. Then Tuilin stopped, "I have to go help Durail, he might need and I will be of no help versus this new threat, Corvus and Imhis it is up to you," He quickly spoke. Imhis yelled back"Good luck and try to stay alive we could use both of you." Tuilin started running before the words were out of Imhis’s mouth.. He saw Durail surrounded by enemies dueling an easterling and trying to fight dozens of other southrons at the same time. Tuilin stopped 100 feet away from him, nocked an arrow and fired. A southron fell and most of them diverged to attack him, Tuilin fired off 4 more arrows before they were upon them. His training took over as he fought his sword flashed a southron fell to the ground a dagger suddenly was in ones neck, he dodged and kciked sending another one into some of his comrades taking a spear from a dead body he hurled it sending another one to death. Slowly he battled to the temple he was near the middle of it, still fighting while Durail and the golden easterling were battling just outside. Tuilin had an idea mentally he probed his sword he could feel the southrons weapons on him but he had to finish this task, he took most of the energy and flung it at the pillars of the temple. They started creaking the southrons looked, trying to decide whether to flee or kill him. Tuilin started running forcing his way through them. He felt their bamboo spears cut his armor and him Then he sent out every last bit of energy. The result was explosive. Literally, As he threw himself out of the temple it came crashing down on the southrons inside. As it crumbled on them 3 bamboo spears flew out one missed one hit his armor, but the other one pierced his side. He gasped in pain he had been wounded minorly multiple times and the pain the spear added was to much. He fell into the merciful realm of unconsciousness.

Tuilin isn’t dead just hurt. again:) if this post was to outlandish or messed up someones plans, post in the OCC and i can edit it
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:35 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
The boy was afraid. Gagnut was a foe that could not be conquered by power alone. At the Black gate he fought with fury, at Bree he was rumered to have slaughtered an entire regiment of elves, and at his most recent fight he was told to have charged through an entire army of elves at Moria just because he wanted to...or IT wanted to. Gagnut the cursed, Gagnut the foul, but worst of all, Gagnut the beast. Everyone one in this small detachment knew it. "We must find that accursed thing before it gets to the plague," said the gnarled Captain. "Sez who you old gezer," said a voice from the exausted soldiers from which the comment was met with snickers. If I find that rascal who said that I will turn you in to the desert to begon with your kind, we are a forerunner to the army, and we need to get Gagnut. Now look here, this camp is only 2-3 days old and heads toward the old road to...Umbar!" The last word he said with fear. "Umbar, so it is that hole of Hades that the creature is off to," said the boy to himself. "To Umbar, double time, straglers will be thrashed," said the seargent. "We will give whats coming to old Gagnut yet, RUUNNNNNN!!!!"
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:14 am
Imhis was right behind the others as they raced out of the temple. They rounded a corner, only to come face-to-face with the sorceror, hand stretched out. Berethor was the first to round the corner, and the magician’s spell caught him full in the chest. He was thrown back, crashing into Pustachio as he went. Corvus and Imhis rushed him, but with a flourish of his blade, Dâuridam parried both thier strikes. With unnatural speed, Dâuridam came back at them, sword spinning faster than the eye could follow. Corvus was pushed back, and with a sweep of his hand, the magician sent him flying back into the temple lake. Sword still flying in elaborate arcs, Dâuridam advanced on Imhis. Imhis’s sword was there, ready to parry the sorceror, and his own strike threw him back. Imhis pressed his advantage, swinging around to strike at Dâuridam’s back. The southron parried, but a well-placed kick sent him sprawling to the ground. Dâuridam turned over, already muttering a spell, but it was too late, Imhis’s sword was already hurling down... but it stopped. Imhis stared down at the face of his own master.

The southron smiled, and calmly finished his spell. Imhis was blown off his feet and fell hard. His enemy stood, and took the form of Dâuridam again.

"Hello, Imhis. It has been too long." By now, it had his old master’s face again.

"Who... what are you?"

"A changeling. A shapeshifter. Have you not heard of these? ’Tis not hard for a spellcaster to gain such power." He smiled evily, and began to step towards Imhis. Corvus, still dripping wet, charged from the shore. Surpirsed, Dâuridam turned around to face the elf. Their blades met, then the southron retreated. Imhis struggled to his feet. Now, the two, the assassin and the elf, turned to face the sorceror.

"But... who are you? Really?" Imhis asked. The magician laughed.

"I am many. I am you old master..." As he spoke, his shape began to change; "I am Dâuridam," now, he gained the features of a Gondorian noble, "I am Dolenalkar. I am so much more. Now, let’s see what form will disturb you most..." He turned to Corvus, and spoke a rapid spell. The words pierced Corvus’s mind like a spell, searching for people in his memories. His form shuffled between that of Silvarin, Durail, even Imhis as well, but finally settled on that of a young elven warrior. The form of Lyon smiled up at Corvus.

"This loss is fresh. It will cause you more pain." The figure’s voice was still that of a Gondorian, but becoming more elvish with each syllable. It drew its sword, and charged the unsuspecting elf. It was at this moment that the temple caved in. The changeling looked up in surprise. In this moment, Imhis threw three throwing daggers at him. They pierced the magician’s side, arm, and leg, his blood splattered the ground. For a second, Corvus looked at it in shock, but he seemed to recover himself quickly. Imhis and Corvus charged the injured magician. Suddenly, from the sky, a winged serpent decended, hissing and snapping at the two warriors, who stumbled back in surprise. Dâuridam leaped onto its back, changing back into Dolenalkar’s form, and commanded the beast into the sky.

"Another day then, my warriors. But know this. It is I who have the prize this time!"

And flourishing the dagger, he dissapeared into the skies.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing