LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:26 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
This is my Gandalf Signet Deck

Frodo, Tired Traveler the one ring, ring of rings

Companions
2 Gandalf, Defender of the West (starting)
2 Aragorn, Driven By Need
2 Merry, Rohirrim Squire
2 Pippin, Sworn to Service
2 Sam, Great Elf Warrior

Possessions
Rangers Sword
Gandalf’s Staff walking stick
Glamdring Lightning Sword
4 Hobbit sword
Sting

Events
3 Orc-bane
3 Stout and Sturdy
4 Strength of Spirit

Conditions
3 Trust me as you once did
3 Gandalfs Wisdom

Basically use trust me as you once did to increase companions strength and Strength of Spirit to keep gandalf Heathly
macheteman
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:18 pm
the only other nazgul ring you may want to use is ring of rancor. because of the vitality bonus. i wouldn’t use ring of ire. the other possesions generally cost some twilight, and you usually need as much twilight as you can get to play the minions and events. but you could try them and see how they work.

i’ll try to find my last alliance decklist. and post it.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:59 pm
Gondor wraiths with besiegers IMO, or possibly Corsairs. A southron threat deck wouldn’t be bad, either...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:35 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ooh, corsairs would be really fun! Here’s a corsair decklist I’ve used...
Conditions (1)
1x Under Foot
Events (3)
3x Wind That Sped Ships
Minions (15)
3x Castamir of Umbar
4x Corsair Boatswain
3x Corsair Marauder
2x Corsair Plunderer
3x Corsair Ruffian
Possessions (12)
4x Black Sails of Umbar
2x Corsair Ballista
3x Corsair War Galley
3x Raider Halberd
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:19 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
if you want the initiative you should add harsh tongues its not as good as Corsair War Galley but it will give you the initiative faster
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:01 pm
I would disagree, for three reasons. First, Corsair Boatswain can fetch War Galley but not Harsh Tongues. Second, you don’t need to do anything to get that first token on War Galley, as opposed to removing 3 for HT. Third, War Galley can’t be discarded by condition discarders.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:54 pm
ok, my last alliance deck is a little messed up, but here is the general idea.

Starting
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

legolas, greenleaf
Glorfindel, revealed in wrath

Companions(this is where my deck is a little messed up. i believe i bought the deck right before they x-listed Galadriel, lady redeemed. but, since me and my friends play casually, and my deck only plays about 5 Elven events, we just changed her gametext to make it balanced. but, since the deck has no other condition removal, you may need to put a few seclution in or something. and you will need another Elven companion for security. and with the extra events, Cirdan could be a good choice, but he has a high twilight cost. or you could use hadafang to play on arwen, and use that for condition discard.)

2x Arwen, any ranger type will be fine.
2x some other elf companion (not elrond)
2x faramir, son of Denethor
3x Aragorn, Ranger of the North

Events
2x the counsil of elrond
3x defiance (valor works also)
3x sentinels of numenor

Possessions
2x sword of gondor
1x ranger’s sword (a new sword for aragorn is coming out soon, and is a good choice for this deck, it also gives a little condition removal from companions, and help against site control)
1x aragorn’s bow
2x elven sword
2x asfaloth
1x phial of galadriel (if you’re up against heavy corruption)
1x armor (if you have room)

Conditions
3x The last alliance of elves and men
1x the tale of Gil-galad
1x the saga of elendil

Artifacts
2x the sapling of the white tree
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x the shards of narsil

Allys
2x Elrond herald to Gil-galad

it is obviosly huge, and would need to be changed to work best against the opponants you will be up against. the general idea is to play your last alliance of elves and men onto your Gondor companions, and keep about 5 companions out, 3 being elves. (unless your opponant has no way to stop big fellowships.) aragorn is probably your main fighter, and can also wound minions well with his bow, like legolas. i usually put the tale of gil-galad on legolas, and the saga of elendil on aragorn. glorfindel is a big companion, especially with a sword, and a asfaloth. you could use might of numenor for healing, it has big potential and is cheaper than elrond, but is less consistant, and an event. the deck has some trouble with cycling sometimes, so shards of narsil comes in hany. (though, for me, it is at the dead bottom of the draw deck more often than not.)

i hope this helps, it would need a little work, but is a fun deck.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:28 pm
The Gandalf Signet deck is good. I wrote a strategy article on one like it once. But, isn’t Sting x-ed?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:46 pm
Sting is indeed X-ed, although it wasn’t in FOTR block.
AldenPond
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:48 pm
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I have been pretty busy, that said, I like the Gandalf Signet deck, but I’m missing too many cards, most notably sting, which I’m pretty sure I had, but can’t find. As noted earlier I could print the cards, but I prefer to play with the real thing.

I like the last alliance deck, and I have about 90% of the cards, unfortuantely I’m missing Aragorn’s bow, the sapling of the white tree, the shards of narsil, and I only have one copy of the last alliance of elves and men, (kinda’ key Wink) but assuming I could get those... if anyone has extra copies of those cards available for sale or trade feel free to PM me.

I still haven’t seen a moria swarm or balrog shadow or a dwarf based fellowship. I don’t know if their good, but if anyone has one to post that would be pretty cool. Also, like I said, I have tons of Isengard cards to form a shadow deck, direction there would be great. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has posted, it’s been very helpful.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats