LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
AldenPond
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm
I tried to build and play test a dwarf deck along those lines mentioned in this thread as well as a swarm deck, but I tink the holes in the cards available to me are just too big. I don’t have any copies of Goblin Armory anymore (I traded then ones I had a couple years ago), as an example. I also hae, amazingly, only one goblin spear. For the dwarves, I have most of the cards, but lacking Gimli bearer of grudges and Durin III is a problem. I’m also lacking a handful of other cards for it, although I DID find a second copy of Baruk Khazad. I think the deck was also a little big the way I had it set up, something I’m going to try to fix. At any rate, it wasn’t fast enough, and I had some trouble getting Gimli powered up. Ring of Fury would help, another card I don’t have. Long story short, I’m going to buy some boxes. Any reccomendations? I was planning on at least 2 Fellowship and at least 2 Reflections. Any advice on other good sets I should look into? Remember I can’t afford much and this primarily movie block. Current sets are expensive Wink. I don’t have Aragorn’s bow, and I have only one copy of his ring. I only have one copy of last alliance. Basically think of the BEST cards and chances are I don’t have them Wink Thanks for all the advice thus far!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:51 pm
you may wany to look into buying some singles. that way you can get exactly what you need to fill in the holes. but you’re right, a reflections box would help.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
AldenPond
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 am
I thought about, and priced, the singles, but it’s just too much money. It would actually cost me considerably more than the boxes to buy what I would need... better the chance it on a few boxes and see what fate decides. Besides, I get a lot more cards that way, maybe something I could use in the future? Reflections is a no brainer, Fellowship I thought would help as well. But I’m unsuer about the usefulness of other sets (Two Towers? Realms?).
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:11 am
two towers could help if you go with isengard. another thing you might want to see about is the starter decks. they are pretty cheap and you could suppliment with the other cards you have. fellowship will definately help with the dwarves.
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:25 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Just remember...with Reflections, you only get 2 Reflections cards per booster pack. The rest are FOTR and TTT, so I don’t think you should even bother getting FOTR boxes.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:33 am
really? huh, i didn’t know that. i’ve never bought booster packs before.
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats