LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)
jb_5150
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:12 pm
This is basic 1.5 burn. I’ve actually been putting this together slowly over the last few months. Theres not really much too it, just send as much fire at the dome as you can, only offing opposing critters when it is dire. Should do the job in 5-6 turns.

4x Lighting Bolt
4x Chain Lighting
4x Incinerate
4x Force Spike
4x Shock
3x Browbeat
2x Price of Progress

4x Jackal Pup
4x Spark Elemental
3x Ball Lightning

2x Cursed Scroll
2x Ensnaring Bridge

20x Mountain

Sideboard:
2x Price of Progress
4x Pyroclasm
4x Red Elemental Blast
2x Ensnaring Bridge
3x Bonesplitter

If you’ve ever played burn, you know there’s little strategy. Just fire for the face and hope they can’t outrun you to the finish. I run the ’splitters and Pyroclasms against my buddy’s evil elf deck, and board in the other two Price of Progress for a couple Shock if your against Landstill or pretty much any other Type 1.5 that isn’t monocolored. Can also add the Elemental Blasts against blue. Lemme know if you have any recommendations/ criticisms.
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:07 am
Thanks for the submission! Very Happy

I’d go for Rift Bolt over Spark Elemental, and definitely Lava Spike Red over Force Spike. Blue Wink

I’m not a fan of Jackal Pup... He’ll probably only get one swing (if any) before being blocked by a bigger creature, and he gives your opponent the chance to play cards like Faith’s Fetters.

I’m also not sold on those artifacts in the main deck. Again, it’s an invitation for Faith’s Fetters... And at any rate, I’d rather play cards that improve your odds of an early kill. (Char!)
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
jb_5150
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:33 am
whoops -- meant lava spike Smile

anyway, i like your suggestions. most of the cards you mention were printed during my magic haitus of a couple years, so i’m not so up-to-date on the sets until time spiral. i definitely like rift bolt idea, and i’d definitely main-deck a couple char or four if i had ’em.

jackal pup was added on a whim. i should board it against blue. not really a main-deck card against any type of critter deck.

also, the bridges are there because of my buddy’s elf deck, and the scrolls are there just ’cause they have a special place in my heart (tempest was when i started playing).

anyway, the fewer the non-land perms the better for this deck, so thanx for your help!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Legacy (Type 1.5)