LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Nope, it’s not. But Wrath of God is, and a lot of people play it. Btw, I’ve actually decided to try it out as GWr, with a black splash. Just wait, and you’ll see... Wink
I don't like YOU.
bandfreak9
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:02 pm
Why not Pulmonic Sliver
It’s a good finishing card and gets rid of the threat of Wrath of God
And if you really wanted to not lose any slivers you could add in Cloudstone Curio
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:47 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Pulmonic Sliver costs too much. It’s cool, but too expensive for my tastes. Probably could work as a one-of, maybe...
I don't like YOU.
bandfreak9
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:57 pm
I know but I bought Sliver Evolution and it has saved me from my friend’s deck with Wrath of God many times
bandfreak9
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:08 pm
Hey but what do you think about Cloudstone Curio would that work
Cobra
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 pm
I love slivers... the last time I played Magic: The Gathering in any remotely competitive way was during Tempest block. Very Happy

La_Sin_Grail wrote:
I don’t like darkheart sliver much, anyway, as lifegain in general isn’t very good.

For some reason, I really like having the ability to sacrifice my own creatures at will. Laughing Even if the benefit is minor, it’s still very useful against cards like Lightning Helix or Consume Spirit, or anything that threatens to take control of my creatures, or really any time a sliver is about to die or become useless.

It might even help against Wrath of God/Damnation -- sac everything in response, and the life gain gives you all sorts of time to recover your board position.

bandfreak9 wrote:
And if you really wanted to not lose any slivers you could add in Cloudstone Curio.

I’m not sure how Curio would help this particular deck. But there could be some cool combos with other sorts of sliver decks, for example:

Cloudstone Curio + Quick Sliver:
In response to combat damage, a targeted kill spell, etc., play Quick Sliver and take the sliver that’s about to die back into hand.

Cloudstone Curio + Dormant Sliver:
Build a huge sliver army with all that card-drawing, then return Dormant Sliver to your hand so your army can attack! After that, if you have extra mana, you can use it to draw extra cards by playing Dormant Sliver (draw a card, return a cheap sliver to hand), then replaying the cheap sliver (draw a card, return Dormant Sliver to hand).
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bandfreak9
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:28 pm
No I meant that if your opponent played Wrath of God you could play a new sliver and get back an old sliver that brought your slivers the best bonuses
Then Repeat

Of course it is taking up space but it is a fast and cheap way to build up your defenses again
Cobra
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:23 am
It doesn’t work that way, though. Cloudstone Curio returns cards to your hand from play, not from the graveyard.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bandfreak9
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 am
Sorry my bad my friend who is attempting to teach me told me that thats not how it worked about 10 minutes ago which I now understand but I still like what you described earlier good ideas
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:17 pm
Yeah, um... pulmonic sliver doesn’t eliminate the wrath threat at all. All it does is ensure you have a pretty good shot at recovering from wrath.

As for sacrificing slivers, I’d prefer Cautery sliver, so you can ping things, or necrotic sliver to kill things. As for gaining life before wrath hits... if they’re playing wrath and they can deal you twenty, they’ll be able to wrath and deal you thirty, too. I’d find darkheart sliver to be far better against agro than control, but I don’t think it’s enough to justify adding another color, green.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)