LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
JDRobinson
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:23 am
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Hey all. First one to post and just had a question. I have not played in a long time and just want to know with these new sets being released, what is the best new culture? With the new rules the game looks better than it use too. Very Happy
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
david_robertson
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:43 pm
According to my humble opinion, JD, the best new culture is the Orc Culture - it is much better to play with than the stupid Evil men.
The new Uruk-hai culture is not bad, but it needs many more cards to work well.
By the way, which is your favourite Free Peoples Culture? Question
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:07 pm
I’d have to say the Orcs are the best new culture hands down, basically because Goblin Hordes means their best minions keep coming back every turn. Nasty stuff for a swarm deck to have.

I’ve never gotten the Orc burdening strategy to work very well, though. Too many of the cards have "spot" requirements -- I always seemed to end up with something like Orc Miscreant, Porter Troll, Goblin Hordes, Bound to its Fate as my Shadow hand, and couldn’t play any of it. Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:23 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
JDRobinson
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:21 pm
Well David, I have been really happy with the elves lately.( Gil-Galad, Glorfendel, Arwen, Elrond ) Smile But I am really excited with the new Rohan. I cannot wait to have Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, and Theodred all out helping my ring-bearer. Big Beefy Rohan is always nice. Cool

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:37 pm
For the Shadow side, Orcs are awesome, but Wraiths are even better in my opinion. Forest Nazgul are very powerful, and Morcs are almost as powerful.

For the Free Peoples side, Dwarves are still dominating the tournaments, but Noble Leaders is good.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
david_robertson
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:06 pm
Have you seen the new Weta cards, guys?! Awesome! I can't wait!
Indeed, Rohan is a good culture - Theodred looks promising to say the least Very Happy And I had a Noble Leaders deck some time ago - it was great, but I'm happy now with my Elves: Galadriel as Ring-bearer (thanks, Conor, I got it using your perfect site Smile , Gil-Galad, Glorfindel, Legolas, Arwen, Cirdan and Elrond. Very effective against many Shadow decks:)
I agree with you, AnxiousChieftain - the Nazgul are powerful (but I hate playing with them - I prefer Orcs)
Would you gentlemen share some points of view over some of your favourite decks?
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:28 pm
Yeah, the new WETA stuff looks pretty cool. Here's the link:
http://decipher.fanhq.com/TCG/CardLists.aspx?gameID=7&listID=55

My all-time favorite deck is Ninja Gollum. I used it with a Free Peoples that played Saved From the Fire on Smeagol to pull the key Gollum cards, so it would set up fast. My final record with it was something like 37-3. Smile

My second-favorite was Wraiths/Morcs. I used a pretty standard build, no real surprises, but it was solid.

I've always sort of drifted between Free Peoples decks, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Rohan.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:53 pm
I just saw the new Weta cards Shocked They look so awesome. Can’t wait to throw Dain into the mix with the almighty Durin. The twin sons of Elrond are sweet too. I would like to know if they left out any text on the Horror of Harad. Laughing (and please, no more evil men. They are so boring). My deck is alot like Davids. Surprised Galadriel is R.B. with Glorfindel and Arwen start. Then Elrond, Gil-Galad, and machine-gun Legolas come into play. They all get bows and swords. Archery all the time. Anything that survives is quickly beat up. One question though, Can you spot a artifact on a ally? I have been out of the game for awhile and I would like to know. In the elf deck, I have ally Rosie with the Mount Doom Phial of Galadriel so it boosts Aoglos (along with elven rings).
JDRobinson
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:55 pm
SORRY GUYS! Sad I forgot to log in. The guest is me. Embarassed

Cobra
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:11 pm
Yeah, make sure you log in so you get credit for your posts everyone. Two more posts and you both get gold stars! Cool

Yes, you can play the MD Phial of Galadriel on Rosie, and Aiglos will spot the artifact for an extra +1 strength. But, surely there are better ways to use those two card slots?
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:24 am; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion