LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
22 Lands:
4 Quicksand
18 Swamp

2 Creatures:
2 Dimir House Guard

4 Enchantments:
4 Phyrexian Arena

10 Artifacts:
4 The Rack
4 Phyrexian Totem
2 Muse Vessel

14 Sorceries:
4 Blackmail
4 Stupor
4 Damnation
2 Persecute

8 Instants:
4 Funeral Charm
4 Last Gasp

SIDEBOARD
1 Persecute
4 Extirpate
4 Fellwar Stone
3 Sudden Death
3 Cruel Edict

Ok, back to explain the strategy behind this one. It’s pretty simple, you make them discard as much as you can, wipe out the table with Damnation, and swing with safe totems because their hands are empty and they can’t pull out any nasty tricks. Muse Vessel CAN be used to PLAY their spells (if they are any good) after sideboarding, but it’s here mainly because once you’ve emptied their hands, they can’t have any tricks up their sleeves. They draw, they either play the card, or it’s going away.

EDIT: Added in The Rack over Ravenous Rats, just plain better.
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in totalI don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 pm
i think you need skelatal vampire as another finisher.

also, run nightmare void, it is insane.

other then that, it looks ok. But i like my list a little more, however, this is MBdiscard, mine was MBC. Not much of a difference but a differnce there is.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:54 pm
I’ve actually found that splashing green for discard can be fun.

T1: Birds of Paradise
T2: Hippie
T3: Stupor + cry of contrition haunting hippie. Now even removal is going to make them discard more.

And of course, you can play the slower route...

T1: Ravdual
T2: Magus of Library
T3: Draw extra, play land, play dark confidant
T4: OMG you have a lot of card advantage. You’re now gassed up to as many stupors, rats, and blackmails as you can shake a fist at. Even persecute and funeral charm can find homes because with your rampant drawing, if you trade one card for one, you’ll win eventually.
MadHornist
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:57 am
Mono black discard w/o 4x The Rack?

4 Racks seem like an auto include. They stop opponents with aggro decks from playing as fast as possible just to eliminate discard targets.

If you run Muse Vessel you MUST run Fellwar Stone in a mono color deck. I’d either sideboard the Muse Vessels or maindeck the stones. Regardless, they do provide some acceleration for you.

If you want to stay more focused, take out the vessels to make room for racks and sideboard them in when you play someone running Black. (hehe, that rhymes).
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:17 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, I opened a pack with The Rack yesterday, and it struck me. I forgot about it... I’ll re-organize the decklist, maybe losing the rats...
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)