LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:41 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Enough rambling. On to the cards!

2 Elfstone of Action Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
To play, spot an Elven card. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other elfstone.
If bearer has resistance 4 or more, each time bearer exerts to play an event of bearer’s culture or as a cost of his or her special ability, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).
the titles are kind of weird of course, ow. think about eowyn, or legolas greenleaf. but it is OK theres one thing since artifacts are permanent pretty much, i think that if say, bearer loses a skirmish, discard this artifact, or something like that. for other ones you might want different discard things, but I think all fo them should have something

1 Elfstone of Armor Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
To play, spot an Elven card. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
While bearer also bears armor, bearer is vitality +1.
fine by me

2 Elfstone of Health Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
To play, spot an Elven card. Bearer must be a companion.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during an archery or skirmish phase, add 1 to prevent that wound (limit once per turn).
how about with this one, if this companion heals discard this artifact.

2 Elfstone of Spirit Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Vitality -1
Resistance +1
If bearer has resistance 4 or more, each time an event is played of bearer’s culture, you may make bearer strength +1 until the end of the regroup phase.
same discard text methinks as the first one.

1 Elfstone of Slashing Defense Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
This artifact may be borne in addition to up to 2 other elfstones.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from hand weapons.
this one is fine it doesn’t need the discard thing.

1 Elfstone of Piercing Defense Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
The minion archery total is -1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from ranged weapons.
ditto above card

2 Elfstone of Shadow Protection Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
To play, spot an Elf or Wizard. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert bearer to return that event to its owner’s hand (limit once per phase).
it works, but make it once per turn IMHO

These next three are unique. They’d be way too powerful if they weren’t limited to the skirmish phase, but as is, I THINK they balance out okay. Let me know how wrong I am. Razz

1Elfstone of Nimble Crafting Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Skirmish: Exert bearer to take a non-unique possession into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
again how about if a free peoples possession bearer bears(optional that they are bearing it) is discarded discard this artifact.

2Elfstone of Fell Shadow Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Resistance -1
To play, spot a Shadow card. Bearer must be a companion. If bearer is Ring-bound, bearer is resistance -1.
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other elfstone (except Elfstone of Pure Light).
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add a burden to choose one of the following: remove all cards borne by a minion bearer is skirmishing, remove the gametext of a minion bearer is skirmishing, wound each minion bearer is skirmishing.
to much text. remove on of the options of things you can do. and add a discard text.

Let me know which, if either, works best.
I didn’t see the difference

2Elfstone of Pure Light Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +2
To play, spot an Elven artifact. Bearer must be a companion.
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other elfstone (except Elfstone of Fell Shadow).
At the start of bearer’s skirmish, exert bearer to choose one of the following: heal a companion, make a minion lose lurker or fierce, exert each minion bearer is skirmishing.
OK add discard text

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot! There’s one more elfstone that has nothing to do with The Third Age, which is okay since this set isn’t going to be all about The Third Age like I originally was thinking. Enjoy!

2Stone of Eärendil Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +1
To play, spot a unique Elf. Bearer must be Aragorn or a unique Elf.
At the start of each of your turns, you may remove a burden or heal another companion.
“For it is said that those who looked through this stone saw things that were withered or burned healed again or as they were in the grace of their youth, and that the hands of one who held it brought to all that they touched healing from hurt.”

its fine
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
If bearer has resistance 4 or more, each time bearer exerts to play an event of bearer’s culture or as a cost of his or her special ability, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).

the titles are kind of weird of course, ow. think about eowyn, or legolas greenleaf. but it is OK theres one thing since artifacts are permanent pretty much, i think that if say, bearer loses a skirmish, discard this artifact, or something like that. for other ones you might want different discard things, but I think all fo them should have something

Okay. But if I do that, I’m going to want to drop the cost to 1 or even 0.

Skipping the others with discard recommendations...I’ll consider everything you said.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert bearer to return that event to its owner’s hand (limit once per phase).

it works, but make it once per turn IMHO

Okay. I can do that.

And that gives me an idea...what if each of these worked only once per turn? Would they still require discard text then, or would they be okay to hold on to?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Skirmish: Exert bearer to take a non-unique possession into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.

again how about if a free peoples possession bearer bears(optional that they are bearing it) is discarded discard this artifact.

Not a bad idea. I’ll consider that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Resistance -1
To play, spot a Shadow card. Bearer must be a companion. If bearer is Ring-bound, bearer is resistance -1.
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other elfstone (except Elfstone of Pure Light).
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add a burden to choose one of the following: remove all cards borne by a minion bearer is skirmishing, remove the gametext of a minion bearer is skirmishing, wound each minion bearer is skirmishing.

to much text. remove on of the options of things you can do. and add a discard text.

Yeah, this one IS pretty wordy. I’ll clean it up...somehow.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Let me know which, if either, works best.

I didn’t see the difference

It was pretty minor: I moved around the "minion bearer is skirmishing" part.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +2
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other elfstone (except Elfstone of Fell Shadow).
At the start of bearer’s skirmish, exert bearer to choose one of the following: heal a companion, make a minion lose lurker or fierce, exert each minion bearer is skirmishing.

OK add discard text

I’m more reluctant to discard the unique elfstones because, well, they’re unique.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Stone of Eärendil Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +1
At the start of each of your turns, you may remove a burden or heal another companion.
“For it is said that those who looked through this stone saw things that were withered or burned healed again or as they were in the grace of their youth, and that the hands of one who held it brought to all that they touched healing from hurt.”

its fine

Okay, good.

Thanks for the review. Have a GP!

Another GP to anyone who tackles reviewing all those elfstones. I’d really like a second or even third opinion on them, as I’m...[/i]reluctant[/i] to make wholesale changes with discarding text and all. If someone else agrees, I’ll do it, but I’d prefer to weaken the cards than force discarding if I can avoid it. Any other suggestions?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:54 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
If bearer has resistance 5 or more, each time bearer exerts to play an event of bearer’s culture or as a cost of his or her special ability, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).

Yikes, I think I’d increase the resistance thingy to 6 or maybe even 7.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Elfstone of Armor Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
To play, spot an Elven card. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
While bearer also bears armor, bearer is vitality +1.

Cool.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during an archery or skirmish phase, add 1 to prevent that wound (limit once per turn).

I dunno... having 4 copies of this could absolutely kick butt. I’d have it add 2 instead of 1, or even better, add a threat to prevent the wound.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Elfstone of Spirit Enhancement Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Vitality -1
Resistance +1
If bearer has resistance 5 or more, each time an event is played of bearer’s culture, you may make bearer strength +1 until the end of the regroup phase.

Great!
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Elfstone of Slashing Defense Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from hand weapons.

Nice.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from ranged weapons.

Compared to Elven Cloak, it seems a bit better. I’d make it cost 2.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert bearer to return that event to its owner’s hand (limit twice per turn).

I’m pretty sure that this would benefit the Shadow player a lot... if I’m correct, the event would be played and it’s effect carried out, and then the Freeps would return it to hand.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone

Ooh... I’d say increase the cost to 2.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Resistance -1
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other non-unique elfstone (except Elfstone of Pure Light).

Wow... this would be crazy on the Ring-bearer. I’d make it always resistance -2, adn keep the extra -1 for Ring-bound.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +2
At the start of bearer’s skirmish, you may exert bearer to choose one of the following: heal a companion, make a minion lose lurker or fierce, exert each minion bearer is skirmishing.

The last part (exerting each minion he’s skirmishing) seems like it could be too good with Power According to His Stature. I’d make it only exert 1 minion bearer is skirmishing.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Stone of Eärendil Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +1

Cool idea, but I think it needs a cost for the ability.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:23 pm
Cool. I was hoping you’d show up. Smile You’ll get a GP as soon as I can give you one. (I just awarded SoP’s.)

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
If bearer has resistance 5 or more, each time bearer exerts to play an event of bearer’s culture or as a cost of his or her special ability, you may heal bearer (limit once per phase).

Yikes, I think I’d increase the resistance thingy to 6 or maybe even 7.

How about I raise it to 6 and limit it to twice per turn?

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone

I dunno... having 4 copies of this could absolutely kick butt. I’d have it add 2 instead of 1, or even better, add a threat to prevent the wound.

I like the threat idea. I’ll do that.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone

Compared to Elven Cloak, it seems a bit better. I’d make it cost 2.

Okay, I can do that.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert bearer to return that event to its owner’s hand (limit twice per turn).

I’m pretty sure that this would benefit the Shadow player a lot... if I’m correct, the event would be played and it’s effect carried out, and then the Freeps would return it to hand.

Hmm. Good point. How about:

If a Shadow event is played, exert bearer to prevent the effects of that event and return it to its owner’s hand (limit twice per turn).

That work?

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone

Ooh... I’d say increase the cost to 2.

Okay. I think I meant to have it at 2, actually. Probably a copy-and-pasting mistake there. Embarassed

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Strength +1
Resistance -1
This artifact may be borne in addition to 1 other non-unique elfstone (except Elfstone of Pure Light).

Wow... this would be crazy on the Ring-bearer. I’d make it always resistance -2, adn keep the extra -1 for Ring-bound.

Okay, I can do that. It’s balanced otherwise, though?

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +2
At the start of bearer’s skirmish, you may exert bearer to choose one of the following: heal a companion, make a minion lose lurker or fierce, exert each minion bearer is skirmishing.

The last part (exerting each minion he’s skirmishing) seems like it could be too good with Power According to His Stature. I’d make it only exert 1 minion bearer is skirmishing.

Would it be okay if I exerted one minion twice?

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Stone of Eärendil Elven
Artifact • Elfstone
Resistance +1

Cool idea, but I think it needs a cost for the ability.

Okay. How about I decrease the elfstone’s cost to 1 and require another 1 as a cost for the ability?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think the limit thing would work for most of them, but in the game I doubt elfstones effects last forever. if they do then just make it limit IMO.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:45 pm
In The Third Age, you can give any of your heroes up to four elfstones and they hold them like any other piece of equipment (shield, sword, etc.). For most elfstones, the effects last as long as they have that elfstone equipped. For some (Nimble Crafting, Fell Shadow, Pure Light) the elfstones actually give them new abilities and skills they can use in battle. But for all of them, the effects are lasting. Hence the reason I was loathe to just discard them here.

I’ll go back and see if more limits are appropriate, but I did cut several of them back to "twice per turn" or something like that. Let me know if you still see any that need tweaking and I’ll focus on those.

Thanks again for the review. I really appreciate it. I’ll try not to post so many cards at once in the future. Embarassed Didn’t realize there were so many until I actually posted it.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:50 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
In The Third Age, you can give any of your heroes up to four elfstones and they hold them like any other piece of equipment (shield, sword, etc.).

OK thanks as I see it your options with each of them are,
1 give them discard abilities
2. give them limit 1
3. make it so you can only bear 1.
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:54 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
In The Third Age, you can give any of your heroes up to four elfstones and they hold them like any other piece of equipment (shield, sword, etc.).

OK thanks as I see it your options with each of them are,
1 give them discard abilities
2. give them limit 1
3. make it so you can only bear 1.

I did think about limiting it to one per bearer. That WOULD make things much simpler....

I’ll have to think this through a little more. I may still leave some (like Slashing Defense, Piercing Defense, Armor Enhancement) able to be borne with other Elfstones, but I’ll certainly think about changing the others. I just need to chew on it for a little bit and decide what I’d like to do.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:37 pm
Still deciding what exactly to do about a couple of the Elfstones, but for now, here’s a slew of Dwarven cards, from possessions to artifacts to events. Because there’s so many cards, I’ll refrain from comment for most of them and let you just soak them all in...and I’ll let people tackle them in groups, as many as they feel they can review at a time. Enjoy!

4Hadhod, Warrior of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Signet: Thorin
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarven card, Hadhod’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: If Hadhod is in a skirmish, exert him to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your draw deck.
“‘We’ll see about that!’”

Our second version of Hadhod (the first, Dwarven Companion is back on the first page of this thread) is a little less splashable than the previous version. Whereas that one is pretty culture-non-specific, this one is clearly better with some Dwarven support around him. Still, he’s not entirely reliant on other Dwarves. He’s kind of like a beefed-up Gimli.

Speaking of whom....

2Gimli, Defender of Helm’s Deep Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Berethor
Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, Gimli is strength +1.
While at a battleground, Gimli is strength +1.
Assignment: Exert Gimli to make a minion lose fierce until the regroup phase.
“‘It does my heart good to be so close to the mountains...this is good quality rock.’”

Gimli is one of several familiar faces to appear in The Third Age, joining your party to fight alongside Berethor and company at the breached Deeping Wall (hence the unusual signet). Not much else to say about him. He’s pretty strong, but not overly so, I don’t think. His ability is focused on his in-game ability to stun minions...which is represented here by his ability to take away fierceness.

0Map of the Mines Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarven card.
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, draw a card for each of the following you can spot: Dwarf, Elf, ranger. Discard a card if you can spot a Moria card.
“‘It would appear we have discovered the last delving of the Dwarves. The great Mithril Pit....So what do we wait for? Let us follow it!’”

Finding this map is the initial reason Hadhod joins the party. It turns out to be their only guide out of a goblin-infested Moria.

Now a bunch of weapons and other equipment used by Hadhod, and several conditions and events representing the in-game skills of Gimli and Hadhod.

1 Steel Walking Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, tracker, or hunter, bearer is strength +1.
Erebor walking axes are both weapons and walking sticks.

2Battle Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is defender +1 and is strength +1 for each minion in his skirmish.
When played at an underground or mountain site, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
A traditional double-bladed weapon, the result of generations of craft.

2War Hammer of Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
While bearer is not wounded, he is strength +1.
A rare artifact of Dwarven heritage, powerful and deadly.

3Mithril Piercing Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer that does not bear armor is strength -1.
An axe using a rare design for tunnels too narrow to swing in.

2 Velvet Hauberk Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from weapons and strength bonuses from hand weapons.
Velvet overshirt and skirt lined with sturdy chain-mail.

2Mithril Scale-Mail Hauberk Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from weapons.
Armor crafted from unbreakable mithril scales, made for the greatest of Dwarven heroes.

2Dragon Helm of the Second Age Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
While skirmishing a Moria minion, bearer is strength +1.
An ancient mithril and bronze helm, made with craft long past.

1 Moria Battle Shield Dwarven
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, add 2 (or 1 if at an underground site) and a threat to prevent that.
Dwarven hardwood shields were built for tunnel combat and banded in steel and bronze.

1 Erebor Rage Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he is at a battleground or mountain site; he is bearing a hand weapon; he is in a fierce skirmish; he is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai.

1 Wrath of Moria Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion. Then, if that Dwarf is at a mountain site, exert that minion.
An enraged Dwarf with an axe is an unwelcome sight for any Orc...and was a short one for Saruman’s Uruk-hai at Helm’s Deep.

1 Stunning Cleave Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf skirmishing a fierce minion to make that Dwarf strength +2. If that Dwarf wins that skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
Years of guarding their realms from Orcs has given the Elves of Mirkwood and Lothlórien unmatched skill in battle, skills which proved invaluable against the Uruks at Helm’s Deep.

1 Cleaving Wound Dwarven
Condition
If a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon wins a skirmish, exert that Dwarf to play this condition on a minion in that skirmish.
At the start of each skirmish, wound bearer.
Dwarven axes leave deep wounds.

0 Goblin Bane Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf to wound an Orc (or wound a Moria Orc twice).
The hatred the Dwarves of Moria have for their kingdom’s new residents runs deep.

0 Rampage of Durin Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
If a Dwarf is assigned to a skirmish, exert that Dwarf twice (or once if Hadhod) and add [X] to wound a minion in that skirmish X times.
An enraged Dwarf can strike many blows before an enemy has any chance to react.

I know it’s a lot, so no rush on reviewing them all. I’ll bump the thread if it gets TOO low. Smile

EDIT: Couple tweaks based on EL’s quick review.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:02 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Still deciding what exactly to do about a couple of the Elfstones, but for now, here’s a slew of Dwarven cards, from possessions to artifacts to events. Because there’s so many cards, I’ll refrain from comment for most of them and let you just soak them all in...and I’ll let people tackle them in groups, as many as they feel they can review at a time. Enjoy!

4Hadhod, Warrior of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Signet: Thorin
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarven card, Hadhod’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: If Hadhod is in a skirmish, exert him to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your draw deck.
“‘We’ll see about that!’”
Pretty cool. Reminds me of Leofric. If that’s how you spell it...

Our second version of Hadhod (the first, Dwarven Companion is back on the first page of this thread) is a little less splashable than the previous version. Whereas that one is pretty culture-non-specific, this one is clearly better with some Dwarven support around him. Still, he’s not entirely reliant on other Dwarves. He’s kind of like a beefed-up Gimli.

Speaking of whom....

2Gimli, Defender of Helm’s Deep Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Berethor
Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, Gimli is strength +1.
While at a battleground, Gimli is strength +1.
Assignment: Exert Gimli to make a minion lose fierce until the regroup phase.
“‘It does my heart good to be so close to the mountains...this is good quality rock.’”
Seems like a fairly good Gimli. The assignment ability is pretty cool... but perhaps add another cost (adding a threat, perhaps?) to make it work. It could be a TAD overpowered as is. I dont know though, I’m not a very good judge of these things. The strength bonuses are nice as well.

Gimli is one of several familiar faces to appear in The Third Age, joining your party to fight alongside Berethor and company at the breached Deeping Wall (hence the unusual signet). Not much else to say about him. He’s pretty strong, but not overly so, I don’t think. His ability is focused on his in-game ability to stun minions...which is represented here by his ability to take away fierceness.

0Map of the Mines Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarven card.
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, draw a card for each of the following you can spot: Dwarf, Elf, ranger. Discard a card if you can spot a Moria card.
“‘It would appear we have discovered the last delving of the Dwarves. The great Mithril Pit....So what do we wait for? Let us follow it!’”

Finding this map is the initial reason Hadhod joins the party. It turns out to be their only guide out of a goblin-infested Moria.
Its a cool card... but in the right deck, that card drawing could be very powerful...

Now a bunch of weapons and other equipment used by Hadhod, and several conditions and events representing the in-game skills of Gimli and Hadhod.

1 Steel Walking Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, tracker, or hunter, bearer is strength +1.
Erebor walking axes are both weapons and walking sticks.
No complaints here.

2 Battle Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is defender +1 and is strength +1 for each minion in his skirmish.
When played at an underground or mountain site, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
A traditional double-bladed weapon, the result of generations of craft.
A NON-UNIQUE axe that makes Defender+1? That’s powerful. Perhaps... defender+1 at an underground or mountain site? and then you could change the cost reduction ability for something else... or make it start as 1 cost.

2War Hammer of Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
While bearer is not wounded, he is strength +1.
A rare artifact of Dwarven heritage, powerful and deadly.
This is a cool card. Nice, simple, and strong. Dwarven style, all the way.

3Mithril Piercing Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer that does not bear armor is strength -1.
An axe using a rare design for tunnels too narrow to swing in.
Cool... but it probably doesn’t need to be unique.

1 Velvet Hauberk Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from weapons and strength bonuses from hand weapons.
Velvet overshirt and skirt lined with sturdy chain-mail.
Mithril-Coat does the same thing, for unique and cost 2. Well, mostly the same thing. Maybe up the cost to 2?

2Mithril Scale-Mail Hauberk Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from weapons.
Armor crafted from unbreakable mithril scales, made for the greatest of Dwarven heroes.
Nice. Definately another Durin pumper.

2Dragon Helm of the Second Age Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
While skirmishing a Moria minion, bearer is strength +1.
An ancient mithril and bronze helm, made with craft long past.
I doubt it needs to be unique. Or you could lower the cost. After all, its a lot like dwarven armor, just with an itty-bitty strength bonus. Very Happy

1 Moria Battle Shield Dwarven
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, add 2 (or 1 if at an underground site) to prevent that.
Dwarven hardwood shields were built for tunnel combat and banded in steel and bronze.
This way, no dwarves would ever take wounds. Combine this with the possession above, and overwhelming wouldn’t be much of an issue, either. Something else needs to happen to prevent those wounds (threat-adding, maybe?) Though there are plenty of threat-adding effects already... maybe you could make a card for Dwarven threat removal... Wink

1 Erebor Rage Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he is at a battleground or mountain site; he is bearing a hand weapon; he is in a fierce skirmish; he is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai.
A lot like His Father’s Charge. It’s a pretty good card.

1 Wrath of Moria Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion. Then, if that Dwarf is at a mountain site, exert that minion.
An enraged Dwarf with an axe is an unwelcome sight for any Orc...and was a short one for Saruman’s Uruk-hai at Helm’s Deep.
The lore is amazing. The ability is nice. Maybe make it a maneuver event, though? It would be *slightly* more useful.

1 Stunning Cleave Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf skirmishing a fierce minion to make that Dwarf strength +2. If that Dwarf wins that skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
Years of guarding their realms from Orcs has given the Elves of Mirkwood and Lothlórien unmatched skill in battle, skills which proved invaluable against the Uruks at Helm’s Deep.
A nice event.

1 Cleaving Wound Dwarven
Condition
If a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon wins a skirmish, exert that Dwarf to play this condition on a minion in that skirmish.
At the start of each skirmish, wound bearer.
Dwarven axes leave deep wounds.
Amazingly cool and unique. Good against fierce, or double-moving. Waaaiiiit, this also triggers at the start of OTHER minions’ skirmishes??? That’s awesome!

0 Goblin Bane Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf to wound an Orc (or wound a Moria Orc twice).
The hatred the Dwarves of Moria have for their kingdom’s new residents runs deep.
Meh. It’s pretty specific. But cool.

0 Rampage of Durin Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
If a Dwarf is assigned to a skirmish, exert that Dwarf twice (or once if Hadhod) and add [X] to wound a minion in that skirmish X times.
An enraged Dwarf can strike many blows before an enemy has any chance to react.
Again, adding twilight is a poor cost, unless you really, really want to double. And if there’s a strong minion on the board, you want to kill it before doubling anyways. However, it does take exerting twice... its fairly balanced, I’d say.

I know it’s a lot, so no rush on reviewing them all. I’ll bump the thread if it gets TOO low. Smile
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards