LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow...that was remarkably fast. Thanks, EL!

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Hadhod, Warrior of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Signet: Thorin
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Dwarven card, Hadhod’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: If Hadhod is in a skirmish, exert him to play a Dwarven skirmish event from your draw deck.
“‘We’ll see about that!’”

Pretty cool. Reminds me of Leofric. If that’s how you spell it...

Yeah, I got a little inspiration from there, actually. So I guess he’s like Gimli AND Leofric combined. Razz

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Gimli, Defender of Helm’s Deep Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Berethor
Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, Gimli is strength +1.
While at a battleground, Gimli is strength +1.
Assignment: Exert Gimli to make a minion lose fierce until the regroup phase.
“‘It does my heart good to be so close to the mountains...this is good quality rock.’”

Seems like a fairly good Gimli. The assignment ability is pretty cool... but perhaps add another cost (adding a threat, perhaps?) to make it work. It could be a TAD overpowered as is. I dont know though, I’m not a very good judge of these things. The strength bonuses are nice as well.

I’ll leave it for now and see if anyone else thinks it’s overpowered. If so, I’ll probably do just that...add a threat as well.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Map of the Mines Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarven card.
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, draw a card for each of the following you can spot: Dwarf, Elf, ranger. Discard a card if you can spot a Moria card.
“‘It would appear we have discovered the last delving of the Dwarves. The great Mithril Pit....So what do we wait for? Let us follow it!’”

Its a cool card... but in the right deck, that card drawing could be very powerful...

TOO powerful? That requires some pretty specific fellowships....

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Battle Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is defender +1 and is strength +1 for each minion in his skirmish.
When played at an underground or mountain site, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
A traditional double-bladed weapon, the result of generations of craft.

A NON-UNIQUE axe that makes Defender+1? That’s powerful. Perhaps... defender+1 at an underground or mountain site? and then you could change the cost reduction ability for something else... or make it start as 1 cost.

Hmmm. I’ll play around with it.

Actually, I think I’ll just make it unique. There’s plenty of other weapons other Dwarves can use.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2War Hammer of Helm Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
While bearer is not wounded, he is strength +1.
A rare artifact of Dwarven heritage, powerful and deadly.

This is a cool card. Nice, simple, and strong. Dwarven style, all the way.

Thanks! That’s the kind of response I like to hear. Very Happy

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Mithril Piercing Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Each minion skirmishing bearer that does not bear armor is strength -1.
An axe using a rare design for tunnels too narrow to swing in.

Cool... but it probably doesn’t need to be unique.

The only reason I did that is because it’s an artifact. I didn’t want Dwarven artifacts to get out of hand.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Velvet Hauberk Dwarven
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from weapons and strength bonuses from hand weapons.
Velvet overshirt and skirt lined with sturdy chain-mail.

Mithril-Coat does the same thing, for unique and cost 2. Well, mostly the same thing. Maybe up the cost to 2?

Yeah, that’s a good point. I’ll up it to 2.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Dragon Helm of the Second Age Dwarven
Artifact • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
While skirmishing a Moria minion, bearer is strength +1.
An ancient mithril and bronze helm, made with craft long past.

I doubt it needs to be unique. Or you could lower the cost. After all, its a lot like dwarven armor, just with an itty-bitty strength bonus. Very Happy

The difference, though, is that a Dwarf can bear this AND armor. Plus it’s another artifact, and really should be an artifact according to the storyline of The Third Age.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Moria Battle Shield Dwarven
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, add 2 (or 1 if at an underground site) to prevent that.
Dwarven hardwood shields were built for tunnel combat and banded in steel and bronze.

This way, no dwarves would ever take wounds. Combine this with the possession above, and overwhelming wouldn’t be much of an issue, either. Something else needs to happen to prevent those wounds (threat-adding, maybe?) Though there are plenty of threat-adding effects already... maybe you could make a card for Dwarven threat removal... Wink

Yikes. Okay, I’ll add a threat or something.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Wrath of Moria Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion. Then, if that Dwarf is at a mountain site, exert that minion.
An enraged Dwarf with an axe is an unwelcome sight for any Orc...and was a short one for Saruman’s Uruk-hai at Helm’s Deep.

The lore is amazing. The ability is nice. Maybe make it a maneuver event, though? It would be *slightly* more useful.

Amazingly bad lore? Razz

I thought about making it a maneuver event, but I wanted to further distinguish it from Here Lies Balin, Son of Fundin and Baruk Khazad. Is that okay?

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Cleaving Wound Dwarven
Condition
If a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon wins a skirmish, exert that Dwarf to play this condition on a minion in that skirmish.
At the start of each skirmish, wound bearer.
Dwarven axes leave deep wounds.

Amazingly cool and unique. Good against fierce, or double-moving. Waaaiiiit, this also triggers at the start of OTHER minions’ skirmishes??? That’s awesome!

Good. I was worried it might be overpowered.

elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Goblin Bane Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf to wound an Orc (or wound a Moria Orc twice).
The hatred the Dwarves of Moria have for their kingdom’s new residents runs deep.

Meh. It’s pretty specific. But cool.

Yes, but Moria makes a pretty big return in three of my five sets, including this one.

Thanks for all the reviews, EL. Have a GP for your efforts. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm
Okay, much like I just did for Dwarves, here’s a whole bunch of Elven events and conditions, as well as couple of the Elves that will be using them. Smile

Because there’s so many cards, I’ll refrain from comment for most of them and let you just soak them all in...and I’ll let people tackle them in groups, as many as they feel they can review at a time. Enjoy!

3Idrial, She-Elf Elven
Companion • Elf
While skirmishing a Nazgûl, Wraith, or Balrog, Idrial is strength +2.
Each time you play an Elven spell, you may exert Idrial to remove a burden or a threat.
“‘Return to the shadow, slave of Sauron.’”

I really, really need to get my hands on a copy of The Third Age’s script. It’s getting tough to do anything with good lore....

Anyway, like her first version, Maiden of Lothlórien, this version of Idrial keys off of Elven spells (most of which we’ll finally get to below). She’s also a bit Arwen-esque in her other text, getting a big boost against certain nasty minions.

2Aranel, Elf of Lothlórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. Ranger.
While at a forest or plains site, Aranel is strength +1.
Archery: Exert Aranel to wound a roaming minion; Aranel does not add to the fellowship archery total.
Idrial’s brother Aranel has long guarded the perimeter of Galadriel’s realm, including the outskirts of Rohan.

The fact that’s an archer gives reason to consider him, and then you notice that he has an easy strength boost and can also do some archery wounding, like a mini-Greenleaf. He’s not spectacular, but he’s still awfully nice and pretty well-rounded, especially with that ranger thrown in. Not a bad splash for several Elven decks. At least, that was my hope when I made him.

2 Lórien Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, this companion is strength +1.
At the start of each archery phase, if this companion is at a forest or plains site, you may exert him and add a threat to make the fellowship archery total +1.

Just a representative of the dozen or so Elves you find roaming around the outskirts of Rohan in the Third Age game. Better than the average non-unique Elf, and like Aranel, pretty flexible with little strength and archery boosts.

2Legolas, Defender of Helm’s Deep Elven
Companion • Elf
While Legolas bears a hand weapon, he is damage +1.
Each time you play an Elven skirmish event, you may make Legolas strength +1. Then, if Legolas is at a battleground, you may exert him to make him strength +1 again.
“‘This is a fight we cannot win. It will become a massacre.’”

I was very surprised when I played The Third Age and got to the part of the Battle of Helm’s Deep where Legolas joined my party. First I was simply surprised he was with me at all--other than Gandalf for a brief stint much earlier in the game, Legolas was the first familiar face to join my party for any amount of time--and then I was stunned to see him not with his bow out, but his long-knives! I know Legolas did plenty of "knife-work" at Helm’s Deep, but I was very surprised he was exclusively a melee fighter while with my party.

This card represents that. He has the same subtitle as this set’s Gimli, and for good reason. He can become more like a common Dwarf than an Elf with his text. A damage +1 companion that gets stronger with skirmish events and battlegrounds? Sounds like a Dwarf to me.

Forget all that fancy-schmancy archery stuff. If you’re looking for a pure butt-kicker version of the Fellowship’s elf companion, look no further than Defender of Helm’s Deep.

Now, on to the events and conditions. Brace yourself: there’s a bunch. Here’s where I’ll (mostly) stop blabbering and let you read and examine for yourself. All I’ll say is that if a couple of these seem very familiar, that’s probably because you saw something very similar in my Dwarven cards back on page 2.

1 Lórien Wrath Elven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Elf strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he or she is at a battleground or sanctuary; he or she is bearing a hand weapon, he or she is an archer, he or she is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai.

1 Woodland Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion. Then, if that Elf is at a forest site, exert that minion.
Years of guarding their realms from Orcs has given the Elves of Mirkwood and Lothlórien unmatched skill in battle, skills which proved invaluable against the Uruks at Helm’s Deep.

2 Uruk Hewer Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to wound a minion. Then, if that Elf bears a hand weapon, make that Elf strength +2 (or +3 if that minion is an Uruk-hai).
Though known across Middle-Earth for his skill with the bow, it was Legolas’ knife-work that was the doom of many Uruk-hai on the Deeping Wall.

1 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +2 (or +3 if bearing a hand weapon).
Elven swords are long, curved, waisted blades...excellent for broad, punishing sweeps.

1 Weakening Slash Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert your Elf to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf and make that minion strength -2.
Unlike many they fought, the Elves focused on precision rather than brute force, knowing just where to land their blows to cripple their enemy.

1 Stunning Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf skirmishing a fierce minion to make that Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins that skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
The accurate blows of the Elves can completely disrupt and confound an unprepared foe.

0 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish
If an Elf is assigned to a skirmish, exert that Elf and add [X] to make a Shadow player add X exertions to minions in that skirmish.
The normally serene Elves are more than capable of mustering their own battle frenzy and overpowering foes when the time is right.

1 Aimed Shot Elven
Event • Archery
Choose one: exert an Elf and make the fellowship archery -1 (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion; or exert an Elven archer to wound a minion; that Elf does not add to the fellowship archery total.
An Elf with a bow never misses his target unless he means to.

Now we get into something that may make you uneasy: Elven spells. I was loathe to do such a thing when spells have been so clearly tied to only Wizards until now, but I think it’s necessary if I’m going to import some of Idrial’s most powerful skills from the game. With only a very small handful of exceptions, these are the only Elven spells I have planned, so it’s a very small number compared to those of Gandalf and Saruman. Let me know what you think about not only the cards, but the idea, too. Thanks!

0 Loudwater Fury Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Spot a unique Elf and discard a card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf. If the fellowship is at a sanctuary or river site, exert that minion again.
The Elves have a unique connection to Middle-Earth, able to summon spirits of water for aid.

1 Gift of Galadriel Elven
Condition • Support Area
Spell.
Skirmish or Regroup: Spot a unique Elf and discard an Elven card from hand (or discard a non-Elven card from hand and exert an Elf) to heal a companion.
There are few greater comforts to the wounded and weary than the compassion and power of the Elves.

1 Haste of the Elves Elven
Event • Response
Spell.
If the assignment phase is about to end, exert an Elf to choose one: make a minion lose lurker or fierce until the end of the turn; or name a companion whose skirmish must be resolved before any others.
Elves have long preferred stealth and speed over sheer power in battle.

1 Cleansing Waters Elven
Event • Assignment or Regroup
Spell.
Exert a unique Elf to discard all Shadow conditions on a character. Then you may add 1 and discard an Elven card from hand to take this card back into hand.
The dark powers of the Shadow cannot stand long against the light of the Valar.

3 Aura of the Valar Elven
Condition • Support Area
Spell. Toil 1.
Regroup: Add 1 and exert an Elf to play a companion stacked here as if played from hand. Then choose one: discard this condition; or discard a card from hand and add a threat.
Response: If your companion is about to be killed, if there are no cards stacked here, discard an Elven card from hand to stack that companion here instead.
“‘What grace has been given to me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared.’”

3 Water Stallion Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell. Toil 1.
Spot a unique Elf and add [X] to wound X minions skirmishing unbound companions.
The very waters of Middle-Earth will respond to a properly-attuned Elf.

Again, take your time with these...I’m not expecting the quick review EL gave me last time again. (I certainly wouldn’t MIND it, but.... Rolling Eyes) Be blunt. If a card isn’t very good, tell me. If the lore stinks, let me know. If you hate Elven spells and think the whole idea should be scrapped, give me good reason and yell all you want. Be honest. That’s all I ask. Very Happy

EDIT: Made several changes after SoP’s reviews. Anyone else? A GP to anyone who tackles all these. I know it’s a chore. Anxious
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:31 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, much like I just did for Dwarves, here’s a whole bunch of Elven events and conditions, as well as couple of the Elves that will be using them. Smile

Because there’s so many cards, I’ll refrain from comment for most of them and let you just soak them all in...and I’ll let people tackle them in groups, as many as they feel they can review at a time. Enjoy!
I’m bored so I will try to review them all.

3Idrial, She-Elf Elven
Companion • Elf
Each time you play an Elven spell, you may exert Idrial to remove a burden or a threat.
she has to many things she will be + about. cut balrog and she is good.

Companion • Elf
Archer. Ranger.
Archery: Exert Aranel to make the fellowship archery total +1 for each roaming minion you can spot (limit +3).
Idrial’s brother Aranel has long guarded the perimeter of Galadriel’s realm, including the outskirts of Rohan.
second ability is to good. how about, exert aranel to wound a roaming minion.

2 Lórien Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
At the start of each archery phase, if this companion is at a forest or plains site, you may exert him and another Elf to make the fellowship archery total +1.
how about exert him and add a threat? 2 exertions just isn’t worth it.

Companion • Elf
Each time you play an Elven skirmish event, you may exert Legolas to make him strength +1 (or +2 if at a battleground).
IDK if that lore was his exact wording. How about just make it, each time you play an Elven event make legolas strength +1? Oh I am just going to review the pumps I have something to say about, so the ones I didn’t reveiw were great.

2 Uruk Hewer Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to wound a minion. Then, if that Elf bears a hand weapon, exert that minion (twice if that minion is an Uruk-hai).
Though known across Middle-Earth for his skill with the bow, it was Legolas’ knife-work that was the doom of many Uruk-hai on the Deeping Wall.
how about then, if that Elf bears a hand wepaon make it strength +2? or +3 if skirmishing a uruk-hai?

1 Weakening Slash Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert your Elf to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf and make that minion strength -2.
Unlike many they fought, the Elves focused on precision rather than brute force, knowing just where to land their blows to cripple their enemy.
how about, to exhaust that minion?

0 Gil-Galad Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish
If an Elf is assigned to a skirmish, exert that Elf twice (or once if Idrial) and add [X] to make a Shadow player add X exertions to minions in that skirmish.
The normally serene Elves are more than capable of mustering their own battle frenzy and overpowering foes when the time is right.
wost title ever, maybe elven rampage, or elven fury or something. should be(or once if that elf is Idrial) I think. also only make it once, otherwise it stinks.

1 Aimed Shot Elven
Event • Archery
Choose one: exert an Elf and make the fellowship archery -1 (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion; or exert an Elven archer to wound a minion.
ID get it did you mean the second ability to be that elf doesn’t add to the elven archery total? if not make it

1 [b]Aimed Shot
Elven
Event • Archery
Choose one: spot an Elf and make the fellowship archery -1 (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion; or exert an Elven archer to wound a minion.
An Elf with a bow never misses his target unless he means to.[/b]

0 Loudwater Fury Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Spot a unique Elf and discard a card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf. If the fellowship is at a sanctuary or river site, exert that minion again.
The Elves have a unique connection to Middle-Earth, able to summon spirits of water for aid.
with the optional thing make it make threat minion strength -2 IMHO

3 Water Stallion Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell. Toil 1.
Spot a unique Elf and add [X] to wound X minions.

way overpowered just make it to wound a minion it is skirmishing X times. or minions skirmishing unbound companions.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:58 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Idrial, She-Elf Elven
Companion • Elf

I would rather cut Wraith than Balrog. But I’ll consider that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
Archer. Ranger.
Archery: Exert Aranel to make the fellowship archery total +1 for each roaming minion you can spot (limit +3).

second ability is to good. how about, exert aranel to wound a roaming minion.

Wow, yeah. I must have been tired when I made that. I’ll change it as you recommended.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Lórien Scout Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
At the start of each archery phase, if this companion is at a forest or plains site, you may exert him and another Elf to make the fellowship archery total +1.

how about exert him and add a threat? 2 exertions just isn’t worth it.

Not too keen on the threat, but I’ll do that for now until I (maybe) think of something else.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
Each time you play an Elven skirmish event, you may exert Legolas to make him strength +1 (or +2 if at a battleground).

IDK if that lore was his exact wording. How about just make it, each time you play an Elven event make legolas strength +1?

That’s his exact wording in The Third Age. I hope to replace it with other lore eventually.

Not sure why you want the strength part changed. Is it overpowered or something?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Uruk Hewer Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to wound a minion. Then, if that Elf bears a hand weapon, exert that minion (twice if that minion is an Uruk-hai).

how about then, if that Elf bears a hand wepaon make it strength +2? or +3 if skirmishing a uruk-hai?

You mean instead of the exertion? Because I was trying to go for something other than the standard strength pump....

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Weakening Slash Elven
Event • Skirmish

how about, to exhaust that minion?

Not a bad idea...I might do that for Uruk Hewer, actually. But in this case, it’s specifically a strength reducer because that’s basically what the skill does in-game.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish
If an Elf is assigned to a skirmish, exert that Elf twice (or once if Idrial) and add [X] to make a Shadow player add X exertions to minions in that skirmish.

wost title ever, maybe elven rampage, or elven fury or something. should be(or once if that elf is Idrial) I think. also only make it once, otherwise it stinks.

Yeah, I’m not fond of the title, either. But that’s what it’s called in-game. I’ll change it to "Elven Rampage".

And you mean make it one exertion no matter which Elf it is?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Aimed Shot Elven
Event • Archery
Choose one: exert an Elf and make the fellowship archery -1 (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion; or exert an Elven archer to wound a minion.

ID get it did you mean the second ability to be that elf doesn’t add to the elven archery total? if not make it

You’re right, I should make sure that archer doesn’t add to the archery total. I’ll fix that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 [b]Loudwater Fury Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.

I understand why you recommend that, but again, I’m trying to stick close to what the ability does in-game. The Elves have plenty of strength reducers already, IMO.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Water Stallion Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell. Toil 1.
Spot a unique Elf and add [X] to wound X minions.

way overpowered just make it to wound a minion it is skirmishing X times. or minions skirmishing unbound companions.

I’ll change it to minions skirmishing unbound companions.

Thanks for taking the time for that, SoP. GP for you. Smile

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
[quote="DáinIronfoot"]
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Idrial, She-Elf Elven
Companion • Elf

well, it would be more useful if it was wraith balrogs aren’t exactly the most common minions

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf

IDK if that lore was his exact wording. How about just make it, each time you play an Elven event make legolas strength +1?

That’s his exact wording in The Third Age. I hope to replace it with other lore eventually.
Not sure why you want the strength part changed. Is it overpowered or something?
no I actually thought it was underpowered.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Uruk Hewer Elven
Event • Skirmish

You mean instead of the exertion? Because I was trying to go for something other than the standard strength pump....
yweah instead of the exertion/s. I think it has more utility that way.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish

And you mean make it one exertion no matter which Elf it is?
yep

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Loudwater Fury Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.

I understand why you recommend that, but again, I’m trying to stick close to what the ability does in-game. The Elves have plenty of strength reducers already, IMO.
but ti would give it exertions AND strength Smile

YEAH! GP!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

well, it would be more useful if it was wraith balrogs aren’t exactly the most common minions

True. Eh, I think I’ll just leave it as is. I know it’s wordy, but Idrial is really useful against a certain Balrog in-game, so I’d rather not drop that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf

no I actually thought it was underpowered.

Huh. Okay, I’ll change it like this, then:

Each time you play an Elven skirmish event, you may make Legolas strength +1. Then, if Legolas is at a battleground, you may exert him to make him strength +1 again.

Wordy, but how’s that?

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Uruk Hewer Elven
Event • Skirmish

yweah instead of the exertion/s. I think it has more utility that way.

All right, I’ll do that.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Loudwater Fury Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spell.

but ti would give it exertions AND strength Smile

I already changed Uruk Hewer. No (more) soup for you! Razz

No, seriously, I’d rather leave this one like it is. The strength thing makes little sense if you see the ability in the game.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

YEAH! GP!

Absolutely. That’s a lot of cards to review! I appreciate it. Smile

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:01 pm
yeah I like that legolas a lot more. with idrial fine, after all it is your DC.
NO MORE SOUP? Shocked Very Happy
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm
Still a good amount of cards this time, but not nearly as many as I’ve done in recent posts here. Razz

Here’s a few Elven weapons and other armaments. Enjoy!

0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
This well-balanced sword can be used with one or two hands.

Might seem pretty weak, but it gives the "normal" strength boost of other Elven swords for free.

2 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

Much more in line with other Elven swords Decipher has made. Normal +1 boost and an ability to reduce minions’ strength.

2Lune Silver Scimitar Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While in a fierce skirmish, bearer is strength +1.
Each time a minion is wounded or exerts in a skirmish involving bearer, that minion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.
An blade of unique Elven design from the Second Age that bites deeply.

I know it does a lot, but that’s why A.) it’s unique and B.) costs 2.

2Forlindon Mithril Falchion Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time you play an Elven tale or Elven spell, bearer is strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit +3).
A broad-bladed, slightly curved Elven blade spoken of in tales of Second Age battles.

Same story here. You can get up to a +4 boost with this blade if you spend a little time working at it. Not too shabby, eh?

0 Elven Battle Helm Elven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during the skirmish phase, discard this possession to prevent that.
A gold-plated steel helm built for increased visibility.

Haven’t seen a helm for a while, huh? This is just the first of three, too. Smile

2 Battle Helm of Lórien Elven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard an Elven card from hand (or discard a non-Elven card from hand and add a threat) to prevent that.
A swan-shaped, open-faced helm that offers excellent protection and visibility.

I THINK it’s balanced. What do you think?

2Silver Tiara of Caras Galadhon Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf. Bearer may not bear another artifact (except for hand weapons).
Each time bearer must exert as a cost, you may add a threat instead.
Regroup: Discard Silver Tiara of Caras Galadhon and exert bearer to remove 2 burdens.
A finely wrought gift from the realm of Lórien that grants special power to the wearer.

Idrial has a LOT of different pendants in The Third Age, so I decided to just one as a representative of all of them. Would another one or two be okay? I don’t want to go overboard....

2Galadhrim Spirit Warding Pendant Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may exert bearer to remove a burden.
Response: If a spell is played, you may add a threat or a burden to return that spell to its owner’s hand.
A pendant imbued with ancient Elves power and wisdom, given to the kin of ancient woodland Elves.

Again, this is several in-game pendants rolled into one. Much like the Tiera, it’s pretty powerful, so I figured it ought to be unique.

EDIT: Changes made after NB’s and AC’s reviews.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:16 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Still a good amount of cards this time, but not nearly as many as I’ve done in recent posts here. Razz

Here’s a few Elven weapons and other armaments. Enjoy!

0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Might seem pretty weak, but it gives the "normal" strength boost of other Elven swords for free.

You said it all. Give me a reason to use it over blade of lindon or sword of the fallen

1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

Much more in line with other Elven swords Decipher has made. Normal +1 boost and an ability to reduce minions’ strength.

Nice. Definitely going in some Elladan/Elrohir chokes...

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time a minion is wounded or exerts in a skirmish involving bearer, that minion is strength -1 until the regroup phase.

I know it does a lot, but that’s why A.) it’s unique and B.) costs 2.

Hm...I would still use sword of the fallen. Give it a cooler special.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time you play an Elven tale or Elven spell, bearer is strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit +3).
A broad-bladed, slightly curved Elven blade spoken of in tales of Second Age battles.

Same story here. You can get up to a +4 boost with this blade if you spend a little time working at it. Not too shabby, eh?

Whoa! Works in the fellowship phase to.

Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound during the skirmish phase, discard this possession to prevent that.

Haven’t seen a helm for a while, huh? This is just the first of three, too. Smile

Nice

1 Battle Helm of Lórien Elven
Artifact • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard an Elven card from hand (or discard a non-Elven card from hand and add a threat) to prevent that.

I THINK it’s balanced. What do you think?

Nice. Now why would you use the other one...

2Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a unique Elf. Bearer may not bear another artifact (except for hand weapons).
Regroup: Discard Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon and then exert bearer to remove 2 burdens.
A finely wrought gift from the realm of Lórien that grants special power to the wearer.

First of all, its tiara, not tiera. Exert bearer to remove two burdens, discard this artifact...Nice.

Idrial has a LOT of different pendants in The Third Age, so I decided to just one as a representative of all of them. Would another one or two be okay? I don’t want to go overboard....

Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
Response: If a spell is played, you may add a threat or a burden to return that spell to its owner’s hand.
A pendant imbued with ancient Elves power and wisdom, given to the kin of ancient woodland Elves.

Again, this is several in-game pendants rolled into one. Much like the Tiera, it’s pretty powerful, so I figured it ought to be unique.

Hm...kinda, underpowered. Think Needs something.

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

BBB (Balanced But Bland).
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

I think it should cost 2. That’s a powerful ability there.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Awesome. I’d make it non-unique.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Cool.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.

Good.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Battle Helm of Lórien Elven
Artifact • Helm
Bearer must be an Elf.

I don’t think it should be an artifact; a possession seems better. That being said, this is so powerful it seems like it should cost 3.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Regroup: Discard Silver Tiera of Caras Galadhon and then exert bearer to remove 2 burdens.

Drop the word ’then’ in the regroup phase, and I like it.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1

Both abilities seem extremely powerful... I’d use it without hesitation even if it only had one of those abilities.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards