LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:52 pm
Sorry for not posting

The band was coming along nicely, finding bored haradrim was not a difficult task, many haradrim wanted to kill more than hours of their time, mumak hearding was boring work, and don’t even get started on milking. Gagnut was not best at gathering troops, but he kknew that when the time came, he would be ready to shead the blood of many enemies before they could run away.

HE wished that he could have brought more of his trolls, but the only one that was not out gathering Gagnut’s tribute was a small troll name Gugbut, and Gugbut was by far the most incompetant fighting trolls Gagnut had ever laid hands one. But Gagnut was sure Gogbut would eventually improve, sometime.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
shieldelf
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:58 pm
I know I shouldn’t do this, but I want to clear something up.

As Elgalad’s men and elves marched towards where he thought the company should be, Elgalad got a bad feeling.

"What if they aren’t over here?" Elgalad thought. "I am sure that they were over here, but I can’t see them."

Just then, a scout can back.

"Sir, I can’t see anything. There’s nothing for the next 20 miles."

Elgalad pondered this.

"We will stay here. Tell the men to set up camp. We find the company, we stay here."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zurbog sneaked over to his hidden Haradrim while everyone else was sleeping.

"Take all your men and go to the nearest town. Stay there until I ask for you." He told the captain.

"Yes, sir," the captain replied.

When he saw that the Haradrim had reached the town, Zurbog sneaked back into the camp and tried to catch a few precious hours of sleep.
Last edited by shieldelf on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in totalElfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 am
Hareth threw himself on the ground for a few moments sleep. However, sleep did not come. He lay awake for several hours, pondering the events of the day. What was it that had caused the detachment to break of from the main body of troops? Was it the dust from the army that Zurbog had raised?

Hareth thought about his mission. Was assassinating the King of Rohan somewhat of a rash action? Yes. However, he had determined that he would kill the horse-lord or die trying.

"Curse Eomer of Rohan and his subjects," muttered Hareth, before settling into a fitful sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eomer of Rohan was stading outside in the cool night air outside of the Golden Hall. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his head. It was gone as quickly as it had came, but it was followed by a gnawing feeling of uneasiness. Turning to his bodyguard, Eomer said, "Double the body guards for the next several days. All is not right in Rohan. I fear some evil is creeping into our land, an evil that seeks to devour its king."

Turning aside, Eomer returned inside to retire for the night, unaware of the danger lurking just south of Gondor, waiting to strike him when he was at his weakest.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin was not blind. In fact as an elf he had quite incredible eye-sight. Tuilin had seen the dust cloud caused by the haradrim troop movements, and in consequence the 20 strong group had set up a little "surprise" for them. The haradrim were clustered around small fires. Tuilin saw another one walk into the circle of leaders and start talking. "Time to start the party" He though. He pulled a arrow from his quiver, oiled rags were wrapped around it. a small fire was next to him. He swept it through the fire aimed and released. That was the signal and all of a sudden fire arrows starting coming in from seemingly everywhere causing confusion and death among the haradrim. Regretfully, there were only 12 archers in their company, so while there was much confusion, casualties were limited. To the haradrim’s credit, they actually got some archers together and fired back. but in the dark of night, even with fire everywhere, it was near impossible for them to tell where there assailants were. Finally they started running, running for the safety of the city. They had stopped firing fire arrows, but for the next signal Tuilin double loaded and fired 2. He watched as the 8 remaining riders Rode down into the valley and started riding through the disordered ranks of foes.
They haradrim were to frightened and confused to offer any organized resistance at all. They riders pulled up a half-mile from the city and rode back. The party quickly got together again, 1 dead, 4 wounded were there casualties, but from a quick count, Tuilin guessed nearly 50 haradrim were dead from arrows and swords, and nearly another 50 had been wounded and trampled by their own comrades, he also guessed that at least 100 wounded had lived to make the city. The party went back to their camp, packed up and prepared to move on.

Posting as Eltlas
Eltlas wandered through the camp marveling at the destruction the small party had caused. Zurbog was extremely angry, Hareth seemed indifferent, but all Eltlas could think of, was how could they defeat the riders, if they could cause so much death so easily? he worded his concerns to hareth who replied"Suprise and good planning is won them this battle, and it is what will win us ours" Eltlas nodded, hareth was right. If the haradrim had banded together, they might have had a chance, instead they had gone into everyone-for-himself mode, and doomed many of them to their deaths consequently. Eltlas said to no one in particular, "their marksmanship is extremely good, and if I recognize these arrows, their is an elf in their midsts." No one appeared to have heard him, and he really didn’t care whether they had or not, he had something else, more pressing to think about.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Hareth stooped over and examined an arrow through the heart of one of the Haradrim. Turning to Zurbog, he snapped the arrow in his hand.

"Now do you understand why I told you to get 12 men? See the destruction you caused? From now on, I suggest you listen to orders. Get out of my sight!"

Hareth was extremely angry, but knew he could not remain angry at the young warrior for long, he knew he had simply been carried away with a desire to do his best.

Turning to Eltlas and Gagnut, he said. "We still have our band of 20. They think they have scattered us, but the element of surprise is back on our side. Thanks to Zurbog," Hareth continued, scowling, "gaining this element has cost us the lives of many Haradrim. However, our plan is now progressing smoothly, although it has cost us severely. Gagnut! Don’t let any of the men try to escape. Eltlas! We are going scouting. Zurbog! Stay out of trouble until we get back."

Climbing up the slope, Eltlas and Hareth saw the enemy camp lie still, as if something had never happened. Creeping back to the camp, he ordered the Haradrim to remain in their posts until morning, when the enemy would advance. Concealing themselves behin trees near the oasis, the Haradrim alternated watches throughout the night. Hareth again threw himself down on the ground to catch a few precious moments of sleep before the ambush the nest day.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
shieldelf
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 pm
Elgalad marched away angrily after getting yelled at by Hareth. He headed for the town where the remaining Haradrim were. Finding the captain, he started to talk.

"Get the men together, were leaving." Zurbog said.

"Everything alright, sir?" The captain asked.

"Just fine," Zurbog said angrily. "Lets go."

As they marched away, Zurbog looked back.

"He thinks I lost him the element of surprise, eh? Well, apparently, he doesn’t want me. I’ll leave and let things cool off a little.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:17 pm
"Who needs surprise?" Gagnut grunted more or less at the dead body on the ground, "These men don’t seem to be able to take very much" he said as he plucked an arrow out of his foot.

"It may be insane", Gagnut said to Hareth, "But I like the idea of a direct assult on the horse lord, it’s quicker that way."
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:18 pm
"No," replied Hareth. "We cannot launch a direct attack. If we launch a direct attack, some may escape, and we need to ensure the complete destruction."

"Eltlas, where did Zurbog go?"

After Eltlas replied that he didn’t know, Hareth heard the distinct sound of a horn of Rohan. "They are proceeding. Everyone, to your posts. We shall have to leave Zurbog wherever he is. Ready! Everyone have an arrows nocked and ready to fire!"

Hareth moved behind a tree, sharpened his knife until shavings fell of the sharpening stone. Sheathing it, he nocked an arrow, and waited.
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:32 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
shieldelf
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:09 pm
In a town not far from where Hareth was camping, Zurbog was thinking about what had happended a few days ago. Then he heard a horn of Rohan.

"Captain, grap as many men as you can in one minute then get ready to leave. You stay here with the rest of the men. I will be back later."

The captain had gathered 26 men. They set out to the camp. When they arrived the found the group all in hiding with arrows notched and ready to fire.

"I’m back." Zurbog told Hareth. "Me and the 26 men I brought will wait in the rear for you to call us. Then we will strike. The signal will be a flaming arrow fired into the air."

After getting a reply of agreement from Hareth, Zurbog and his men vanished into the shadows in the rear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elgalad still couldn’t see anyone from the company. The scouts had reported Haradrim, but he had gotten used to that. There had been many skirmishes with the Haradrim.

"I’ll leave them. I don’t want to get into another battle with these Haradrim all day." Elgalad thought.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Etllas really didn’t feel excited about the ambush. By the end of this day he would either be dead, or alive, and whether he felt excited or not, he doubted would have any effect on which one it was. He checked his spear and sharpened his dirks. He made sure his bow was ready. There really was nothing else he could do but wait.

Tuilin had been thinking (Riding is a very good chance to think), the ambush hadn’t seemed right for some reason. Yes it had gone off nearly without a hitch, and he doubted that that particular army would be back in action for a while, but still something seemed wrong. Suddenly it hit him like a thunderbolt. Why was there 500 haradrim armed and ready for action 5 miles from the nearest town, the closest landmark being a relatively unused road. "They were here to kill us" he thought. He moved forward and spoke these words to the leader of their group. The leader nodded and said"we will proceed with extra caution. He called out 2 horsemen and said" stay about half a mile forwards. come back and report every hour. The 2 men nodded and spurred their horses forward. Tuilin took his own measures, taking out his bow, nocking an arrow, and holding it in his free hand. "There" he said "Thats one life in my hands." He fell back to his place in line, feeling slightly better.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing