LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:56 am
Hareth waited impatiently for his chance at vengeance. Finally, when he could bear the wait no longer, he turned and whispered to Eltlas, "I do not know why it is taking so long. I am going to scout the area ahead."

Eltlas nodded, and Hareth emerged from his hiding place. Moving towards the edge of the palm grove, Hareth proceeded along the tree line towards the crest of the hill. There he spotted the band of Rohan and sensed that something was not right. The band was approaching in a skirmish formation, very slowly, and prepared for battle. It was not likely that they would be as easily destroyed as had been supposed. After finishing his reconnaissance Hareth looked off to the horizon and saw Zurbog’s band maneuvering out of eyeshot of the company towards the rear of the band.

"Maybe Zurbog can do something right after all," Hareth muttered under his breath.

Creeping back to camp, Hareth called the band together, and explained the situation to them. "They appear to be suspicious. They are approaching slowly in a skirmish formation. We need to plan our assault carefully so it execute’s with flaw. We were expecting to catch them unprepared, so we assumed that a few volleys of arrows would eliminate most of them and the rest quickly dispatched in a skirmish. Not so. The element of surprise is still on our side, but may be thwarted easily. Here is our plan. Archers, draw a bead on the band’s archers, it is necessary to prevent loss of life. Gagnut, you will then charge and break their ranks, and they will then be weakened enough for a swift assault by the Haradrim. Any who escape will be easily cut down by Zurbog’s troops. Return to your posts. I will alert you and Zurbog when to attack by firing a flaming arrow into the air. As soon as you see me light the arrow, open fire."

Creeping back to his post. Hareth waited for the ambush to begin. "You are mine," he muttered under his breath. "Soon I will kill you and your accursed horse-king Eomer."

Eomer was speaking with his elven friend Legolas on the portico of the Golden Hall. Suddenly, a sharp pain struck Eomer in his head. It left as soon as it came. Turning to his friend Legolas, Eomer saw him gazing earnestly towards the south.

"I sense a shadow," said Legolas. "An evil is stirred that does not bode well for Rohan nor its King. A shadow is emerging from the land of Harad, which bodes evil for the free peoples of Middle earth"

Uneasy, Eomer turned away. He had sensed the very same thing the previous night. Turning to Haleth, the son of Hama, he instructed him to increase the guard seven-fold. "All is not right in the land of Rohan."
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 pm
"Fine, I will finially be able to kill something after having my ear talked off all week by you weaklings" Gagnut said to Hareth, Hareth knew that that was the Troll’s strange but sincere way of saying he was happy, but few outside of trolls know when their kind are pleased.

"There will be horse-flesh to feast on soon" Gagnut said to his Haradrim Assassin friend, "I’m going to bed, tell me when it is time to fight, and not sooner", with that the troll went to his tent and dreamed of skewering horses with his hammer*.

*One side of his hammer is a spike
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
shieldelf
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:28 pm
Zurbog and his troops settled into a lightly forested area just out of bowshot from where Hareth was hiding. He went up to Hareth to discuss a few more details during the middle of the night, when there was no moon.

"Do we need more men? They already suspect something, probably because of me, and they might have reinforcements coming," Zurbog asked Hareth.

"No, just get back to your men."

"Ok."

Zurbog slunk back into the shadows to wait with his men for the signal.
Last edited by shieldelf on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in totalElfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Gagnut realised that the battle was about to start the moment he walked into his tent, being a troll he didn’t immediatly know what was going on.
As he walked back up to Hareth, everyone giving him a strange look, he wished that he was smarter.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:17 pm
It was Hareth who saw the cloud of dust first. At first, it seemed small, like a dust cloud that could have been raised by a small animal. However, Hareth’s training had taught him to be alert to signs like this. The dust cloud did not cease, but began to grow larger. Hareth turned to Eltlas and said, "It is time."

Within a few minutes, the company from the north emerged in skirmish formation over the crest of the hill. Hareth lit a torch and waited. Finally, when the band was right before the eyes of the Haradrim, he lit an arrow.

A tremendous volley of arrows shot out from the palm trees, killing several of the company and wounding many others. Another volley shot forth, and scarce a man of Rohan was wounded. Then Hareth fired the flaming arrow into the air, and vaguely saw Gagnut charge the flanks of the company, killing many. Unsheathing his long knife, Hareth sprang into the midst of the company...
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Eltlas saw as arrows hit and soldiers fell. He fired an arrow, and then cursed as it missed. He pulled out his spear and watched as gagnut charged he ran in, brandishing his spear. Suddenly an arrow hit him. he collapsed in pain an arrow in his side.

Tuilin watched as soldiers and horses collapsed around him. Their formation was helping though, and several of them got arrows off into the haradrim archers. Then came a troll. Elves are not cursing creatures but Tuilin couldn’t help himself "%&$#!" he said. Drawing another arrow he fired it into the troll, knowing it would only serve to madden the creature. He drew another arrow and sent it into a haradrim archer who had been rising to fire. He spun his horse around and started galloping away, 4 riders still with him. the other 2 remaining attacked the troll, he saw one of them get hit with its hammer while the other one thrust his spear into the beast. Then he had to turn around as he drove his horse away.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
shieldelf
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:59 pm
Zurbog had his men ready as soon as the arrows flew into the sky. Now, as he watched Etlas fall and the riders coming in, he decided to charge the riders.

"Charge! To Etlas!" Zurbog shouted. "We must save him?"

As Zurbog and his men prepared to charge, he fired an arrow. He watched as a rider fell. Zurbog grinned in satisfaction.

"Now I can finally avenge the loss that I suffered." Zurbog said. "Attack the Horse-lords! Go to Etlas!"

Zurbog and his men charged towards where Etlas lay. The area between them was where the battle was now taking place.

"You," Zurbog said to a haradrim. "Take 12 of the men and go on the extreme left flank, I’ll take the remaining 13 and go on the extreme right flank."

When Zurbog reached Etlas, his force was down from 13 to 2, and noone from the left flank got to Etlas, but many riders were slain.

"Etlas, are you ok?" Zurbog asked.

Etlas replied...
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
"DO I look OK, i have an arrow in my side, and i got hit in the face with the but of a spear, thanks for sav-erg" with that he promptly fainted from blood loss.
(I don’t see anything i can do with Tuilin right now)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 pm
<just have to say, LOL>

Eomer was inside the Throne Room of Rohan pacing. Pacing is a very good thing to do if you are thinking, and at this particular moment, Eomer was thinking. What he was thinking about, I do not know. But he was thinking.

Eomer turned and walked to the portico of the Golden Hall. 70 men surrounded him, forming a human wall. Eomer dismissed them and turned to speak to his friend Legolas. He saw his friend legolas deep in thought, and did not disturb him. After eager gazing for several minutes, Legolas finally seemed to notice that Eomer was there.

"I sense a shadow passing on the border of Harad and Ithilien. I sense that the Haradrim are arisen today. Blood has been spilt this day. The blood of Rohan and Gondor has been mingled with the blood of Haradrim"

Eomer paused, and thought about what Legolas had said. The blood of Rohan? Then suddenly, a thought struck him. It was the embassy of Rohan that had been sent to Harad with the men of Gondor. Was this the blood of Rohan that Legolas had referred to?

Mournfully, Eomer remembered the hand-picked men he had sent on this mission to represent Rohan. Rohan’s finest had fallen that day.

Hareth could grant one thing to the northerners, they knew how to fight like men. Although they had been surprised and all but slaughtered, the few that remained fought bravely. Hareth defended himself with deftness and skill, but was unable to break the line of defenders. Until Gagnut charged.

"Finally! My revenge on Rohan has begun!" thought Hareth as the troll readied himself for a charge. "Curse Eomer and the horse-lords!" he shouted as he flung himself past a Rohirrim Spear and strove to kill the man. Suddenly, a Javelin caught him in the side, and Hareth fell to the ground. Pulling it up, Hareth thrust it back at the man who had thrown it, hitting him in the heart. Hareth began to lose blood now, but fought valiantly. The troll began his charge, and there was no stopping victory now. With that, Hareth fainted from loss of blood, murmuring, "Curse Eomer and the horse-lords."

In Rohan, Eomer was still contemplating the gravity of the situation when he felt a sharp pain in his head. As before it left quickly, but as it left, a feeling of unease crept over him. Ordering his bodyguards back on duty, he returned inside to the Throne Room.
shieldelf
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:21 pm
After Etlas had fainted, Zurbog had gotten into a fury. He left his men to guard Etlas, and charged the ranks of Rohan. Finding himself near to Gagnut, he shouted over the crowd. "Gagnut, fine day we are having, eh?"

"Yes, a fine day indeed!" Gagnut shouted back.

Zurbog was about to reply when he felt a spear pierce his side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elgalads scouts came back that day to report seeing a battle many leagues away.

"We must go there! The company is in trouble!" Elgalad told his captains.

As they set out, Elgalad thought about what to do. Should he attack head on? Should he wait to see if there were any survivers to fight for? Or should he ambush them?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zurbog woke in the town where his Haradrim were hiding in. His side was bandaged, and all that remained of his ambush group was lying on beds next to him. Sitting up, Zurbog thought "They are still alive. I must finish them off with all I have." Then he fell back into darkness.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing