LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Okay, I’d just like to say, if you consider this blasphemy to your precious card game, say so, and I’ll leave this thread to rot and die. My attempts at this over in the LotR forums didn’t go so well, and I understand if you consider this too... childish? for your tastes.

But anyways, if you *don’t* consider this blasphemy, I’d love to hear your feedback, since, basically, I’m a MTG n00b and I’m trying to make DC’s. Yeah, this could cause some trouble.

So, let me get started. I’m going to begin this with one of my favorite Naruto families, the Hyuga.

Now, to give you a feel for why I made these cards the way I did, I’ll give you a brief overview. If you simply can’t stand to read this, move on to the cards, and thanks for your time.

First: The Hyuga family is the oldest and most distinguished family in Kohona (the Ninja Village). Also, their main purpose is to protect the Hokage (the leader of the village) and the village’s secrets. Because of these traits, I decided to put them in White.

I also needed to give them a special ability that brought thier cards together. What better to tie them together than their family trait, the Byakugan Eyes? These eyes give the user a few special abilities:

1) The ability to see the opponent’s chakra (energy) flowing through thier body. This allows the user to strike at the chakra circulatory system (the body’s way of circulating energy).

2) Nearly 360 degree vision. The users of the Byakugan can see an attack coming from any direction.

3) Another technique of the family is the ability to project their chakra through thier body’s and into the surrounding their environment. This allows them to block attacks with thier chakra, and physically inject their chakra into the opponent’s circulatory system. This stopps the opponent’s energy from circulating.

So, how to put those abilities in the game? The first things I needed to put in were ways to prevent damage, like I did in Eight Trigrams Heavenly Spin and Protection of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms.

The ’energy reduction’ theme was a bit harder. One way seems obvious: land destruction. But since land destruction is such a powerful theme, I didn’t think I could make this a theme with EVERY card, since it would seriously inhibit the opponent. Perhaps too seriously.

Neji Hyuga once said that life was bound by fate. Everyone had a destiny, and they couldn’t change it.

In MTG, this could translate as: You get a hand. You get to draw. But no matter how much you Mulligan or shuffle your deck, you’re still stuck with the same cards. And in the end, I’m still going to flush them all down the drain.

That’s right, topdeck discarding. Thier ’unescapable fate’ is losing thier entire deck.

Also, this fits with the ’losing resources’ tie-in to the Byakugan. Perfect, isn’t it?

Finally, I want ways to reveal my opponent’s hand and possibly the top of their library. This fits with the ’fate’ theme, and also the Byakugan lets its user see what’s coming.

Finally, the inhibition theme. After being hit by Byakugan users, the opponent’s enery is halted. How can this be exemplified in the game? Why, by tapping creatures, of course!

So, now that the boring stuff is over, let’s move on to the cards:

Neji, Hyuga Prodigy 2WhiteWhite
Legendary Creature – Chuunin Ninja
Ninjutsu-1WhiteWhite Bushido 2. Byakugan. (Each time this creature does damage to a player, that player discards the top card of their library.)
A creature that blocks Neji does not untap during its owner’s untap step.
"The outcome of this match has already been decided, Uzumaki Naruto."
3/2

Hinata, Shy Hyuga White
Legendary Creature - Genin Ninja
Byakugan. Bushido 2.
A creature that blocks Hinata does not untap during its owner’s untap step.
"I will try!"
0/2

Hanabi, Talented Hyuga 1White
Legendary Creature - Genin Ninja
Byakugan. Bushido 2.
Each time you play a white jutsu, target opponent must pay 1 or discard the top card of his/her library.
"She is even weaker than Hanabi, five years her junior." -Hiashi Hyuga
1/2

(by the way, I’m sure you’ve seen cards with the type Instant-Arcane. I’m giving my cards Instant-Jutsu, just so certain abilities and cards I make can simply affect the cards I’m making, and not do anything silly like let you take back Wrath of God 20 times.)

Hiashi, Hyuga Master 3WhiteWhite
Legendary Creature - Jonin Ninja
Byakugan. Ninjutsu-3White.
Each time Hiashi does damage to an opponent, take a white jutsu from your discard pile back into hand.
Tap: Target player discards the top card of their library.
"Hakkeshu; Dai Kaiten!"
3/4

Hizashi, Head of the Branch Family 3WhiteWhite
Legendary Creature - Jonin Ninja
Byakugan. Vigilance.
Creatures that block Hizashi do not untap during their owner’s next untap step.
Tap: Target opponent reveals their hand. Place one revealed card on the top of their library.
The Branch Family exists only to protect the Head Family.
3/4

Gentle Fist Style 2WhiteWhiteWhite
Enchantment-Jutsu
Each time a creature you control does damage to a player, that player discards the top card of their library.
Creatures with Byakugan counters on them have Byakugan.
White: Move a Byakugan counter from here to a creature you control.
2White: Add a Byakugan counter here.
You do not need physical strength to be destructive.

Eight Trigrams Empty Palm White
Instant-Jutsu
If you control a creature with Byakugan, tap target creature.
My chakra thrust will stop them!

Eight Trigrams Heavenly Spin 3WhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
You may remove a White card from your hand from the game instead of paying this card’s mana cost.
Prevent all damage done to target creature with Byakugan this turn.
There is no weakness in his defense!

Eight Trigrams Two Palms! White
Instant-Jutsu
If you control a creature with byakugan, tap target creature or target opponent discards the top card of their library.
"Get ready!"

Eight Trigrams Four Palms! WhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Two Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
Target opponent discards a land or the top 2 cards of their library.
"This jutsu will cut off all his chakra!"

Eight Trigrams Eight Palms! 1WhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Four Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
Target opponent sacrifices a creature or discards the top 4 cards of thier library.
Say good-bye to your circulation.

Eight Trigrams Sixteen Palms 2WhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Eight Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
Target opponent taps 3 of his creatures or discards the top 6 cards of thier library.
Two more!

Eight Trigrams Thirty-Two Palms 2WhiteWhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Sixteen Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
You may remove a White card from your hand from the game instead of paying this card’s mana cost.
Target opponent sacrifices 2 creatures or discards the top 8 cards of thier library.
Almost there!

Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms! 3WhiteWhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Thirty-Two Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
Target opponent discards the top 10 cards of thier library.
Jyuukenhou, Hakke Rokujuu Yonshou!

Eight Trigrams One Hundred and Twenty-Eight Palms! 4WhiteWhiteWhite
Instant-Jutsu
Only play this Instant if you control a creature with Byakugan and a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms!’ is in your discard pile.
Target opponet discards the top 12 cards of their library.
This is the Hyuga Clan’s ultimate move!

Protection of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms 3White
Instant-Jutsu
If there is a card titled ’Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms!’ in your discard pile, you don’t pay the mana cost of this card.
Destroy all creatures blocking or being blocked by a creature with Byakugan.
"Naruto... Believe in me... I can do this!"

Time of Peace 3WhiteWhiteWhite
Instant
You may remove a white card in your hand from the game instead of playing this card’s mana cost.
Tap all creatures. They do not untap during their owner’s next untap steps.
"For a long time, there has been peace in Konoha..."

Noble Sacrifice WhiteWhite
Instant
Sacrifice a creature. Target creature with Byakugan is +X/+Z, where X is the sacrificed creature’s power, and Z is its toughness.
"I did this of my own free will."

It is Your Fate 1White
Enchantment
Enchant player.
Play only if you control a creature with Byakugan. At the start of enchanted player’s upkeep, they reveal the top card of their library. You may place that card on top of or beneath their library.
"It is your destiny. Nothing you can do to change it."

Loser 2White
Sorcery
Play only if you control a creature with Byakugan. Target creature is -0/-3 and cannot block until the end of the turn.
"You are a loser. You will always be a loser, because that’s what a loser is. A loser. There is nothing else a loser can be but a loser. The fact that you are a loser has already been decided, and when something is decided it cannot be changed because it is decided!"

Gotta love that lore (or whatever it happens to be called in MTG).

Anyways, like I said, call me a blasphemer and I’ll desert this thread. If not, I welcome your advice on how to make this cards more... ’proper’.

GP for reviews, yadda yadda.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards