LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 am
zli_deda wrote:
boring, there was nothing really creative or exciting.

The Rise of Saruman set is just getting into players’ hands; new strategies are being implemented, and metas will be changing. Saruman, Servant of Sauron combined with Ninja Gollum; Saruman, Coldly Still with Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings; the list goes on. I really do not see how you can say that nothing was creative or exciting.

zli_deda wrote:
and U forrgot to say that saruman follower is going to black list together with broken troll!!

As NBarden stated, I have no control in any way, shape, or form over what cards go to the X-list. I am not Decipher.

Thanks for defending me, NBarden. Nothing has really changed, though, since zli_deda also gave your article and AC’s article a 3. Good luck on winning! Smile
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Five cards that I predict will soon be sold out: the five new Sarumans.

Saruman, Coldly Still- QTY- 8
Saruman, Curunir- QTY- 10
Saruman, Instigator of Insurrection- QTY- 2
Saruman, Master of the White Hand- QTY- 1
Saruman, Servant of Sauron- QTY- 8

Almost sold out...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 am
I figured they would be gone pretty soon....I’m surprised more copies of Servant of Sauron haven’t been ordered, though. Maybe because he is $9.... Think
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:15 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Maybe because he is $9.... Think

As the pinnacle of LotR TCG fanaticism, I would not spend $9 on a card. I’d rather wait till he gets x-ed and buy him for $2. B/C he will get x-ed and then all the open players have dibs Wink
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
zli_deda wrote:
boring, there was nothing really creative or exciting.
and U forrgot to say that saruman follower is going to black list together with broken troll!!

WOW!!!! We have, right here on our very own humble community, the person in charge of Decipher’s X-List!!!! Madril lovers, grab your pitchforks and light the torches!!! Twisted Evil

Well, back on track, I’ve told this to other members before (and I really don’t care if they hate me for saying outloud, that’s just me being me, I say what other people think), so I can say it again:
If you don’t have something that’s:
a) Constructive;
b) Relevant;
c) New;
d) Nice;
e) Important;
to say about someone’s article, refrain from voting (you ARE still entitled to express your opinion, OF COURSE), because voting behind a POOR argument like THAT is... "Inconceivable"! (to you, UDC and Princess Bride lovers! Laughing ).
And, to keep up with my good argument friend NBarden, let’s attack it point-by-point, to see if it justifies voting, shall we?

1•"Boring": Well, sorry, but an article discussing the new Sarumans and their roles in metas, and possible meta changes, cannot be THAT boring, but I admit, the topic IS narrow (for instance, when I write these articles on a new MTG set, I write it on the whole set! *hint to AP* Wink ).

2•"Nothing really creative": NOW I beg to differ, after all, the pun with the set’s name and the discussion alone IS creative. And, to raise a valid point, EVERYONE saw this as "Saruman’s set", and while we DID get a lot of Sarumans, we didn’t get anything like Keeper of Isengard or anything, and people just forgot about this. AP revived what was the players’ great expectation, and tried to show that the set was still good, and that new Sarumans DO have a use, in the right place.

3•"going in the black list": Well, my opening joke pretty much summarizes it...

Well, now that I’m done with the sour-but-needed part...
While I understood what you were trying to do here, AP, as I mentioned before, I find the topic to be a bit narrow. Now, I’m aware that not all of you like big articles, but take a look at my article running for this month in the MTG section, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. You could’ve explored A LOT of possibilities, AND gotten:
a) A pretty darn amazing article; and
b) Quicker learning of the new meta, by going through the list of spoiled cards, and such.
While I like the effort, I’ll only give you a 4 this time, but hint to everyone:
Rise of Saruman isn’t fully spoiled yet, so, when it is, you can do a FULL article on it... Wink (otherwise, I’LL do it Laughing )
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 am
Thanks for reviewing, Felipe! Smile
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:51 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Most welcome! I was actually halfway through my post when I got your PM to review it, boy, did I have a laugh! Laughing
I don't like YOU.
Dalibor
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 am
i like this one strategy aticle, it is ok!
It is creative and well done!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 pm
Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed this article! Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest