LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Sharp Dragon
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 am
--- description ---
Skyshroud Underlings v1.5 Colors G/B

--- end description ---

Taking that massive number of saprolings, and the mega powers of slivers, and making them some times more then a dozen a turn, and even on your opponent’s turn.

Creatures

1x Thelon of Havenwood
2x Thallid Shell-Dweller
4x Deathspore Thallid
4x Psychotrope Thallid
4x Sporesower Thallid
4x Thallid
2x Might Sliver
2x Reflex Sliver
3x Gemhide Sliver
3x Spinneret Sliver

Artifacts

2x Hivestone

Enchantments

2x Verdant Embrace
2x Fist of Ironwood
2x Doubling Season

Instants

4x Sprout

Lands

5x Swamp
15x Forest

Total cards- 61

Concept in action.

Using hivestone, This deck takes advantage of all the best Thallids to create a army of overwhelming Fungal freaks with Sliver Powers. This symbiotic relation was inspired by the use of Slivers and Saprolings in Skyshroud’s underbrush.

Mana is not a problem when you drop hivestone second turn, and a gemhide after that. Spinneret Sliver gives protection from flight, and Now with Hast coming from Reflex Sliver, You could make and ungodly number of hasted mana making and even card drawing, or even life gaining monsters hordes.

The new and only new Thallid in the V1.5 deck make is the new Psychotrope Thallid, This cost three, 1/1 creature allows you to draw a card just by paying one mana and sacking a Saproling, but if Hivestone and Gemhide Sliver are in play, that makes each Saproling able to tap and sack themselves to draw a card, this is a big help when you have so much power to dig out of the deck.
MadHornist
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:03 pm
With all that Mana production, you might want to throw in a couple of X spells like Wurmcalling or even a Stream of Life.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:13 pm
Shh, don’t mention pure life-gain cards around here or you’ll never hear the end of it! Wink

The X-cost spells are a good idea though. With tons of mana available in any color (add in that last Gemhide Sliver!), I’m liking Consume Spirit or Demonfire.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bandfreak9
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 pm
I was gonna say put in Pollenbright Wings but then I saw the color scheme but with gemhide sliver it is possible it’s a little expensive but flying and more tokens
I’m not sure what to take out but seems like a solid deck

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)