LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
62%
  [ 10 ]  62%

31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
macheteman
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:11 pm
here is a crazy combo with the pippin engine that killz wounding and corruption decks, but it only works in Open format.

Pippin engine with 4x Home and Hearth AND 4x The Shire Countryside.

if you are at a dwelling site, play pippin, remove 4 burdens with Home and Hearth, that kicks in and you remove twenty (20) wounds from companions, 4x on the ring-bearer. plus remove either a burden or wound with pippin’s text.

wicked...
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:20 pm
Hence the banning of the shire countryside
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:30 pm
wasn’t it erland that did it in? i’m pretty sure it was. there is an article about it somewhere. but yeah, its a broken card all around. it should have been unique. at least.
Last edited by macheteman on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Nice article, I have about 4 alternate ring-bearers and I had no idea what to do with them (I mainly splashed with the same culture) really well written i was excited the entire time, I’ll give you a five a 5
zli_deda
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 am
U forgot a smeagol AH,not lisening,for burden remowal...
4x PATHS in each deck,becouse only solo smeagol can choake (site manipulation), other decks is missing that very immportant element,so wen they are confronted with forest nazguls withaut PATHS that is game los!!!!!

But immportant is that I can not see use of this artickle...
sorry Embarassed
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm
I’m aware that PATHS is a good card, but if you’d have looked through all the review you would have seen my reason for not including it. Adding burdens against Nazgul is pretty risky, and burdens are one thing the decks can’t take. And how is PATHS going to kill 2-4 vitality minions?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 pm
Yeah, PATHS is probably at its worst against Forest Nazgul. They thrive on burdens, and they have high vitality. So I don’t really see how zli_deda can say that if you fight Forest Nazgul without PATHS you’ll lose. Rolling Eyes

zli_deda wrote:
U forgot a smeagol AH,not lisening,for burden remowal...

First off, this is a Solo article. Solo means alone, so a Solo deck has 1 companion, not 2.

Secondly, even if you did add Smeagol, Always Helps, you could only use his ability once since it would add 2 threats and there would only be 2 companions. So you’d have to add threat removal as well, which would seriously dilute the deck.

Sorry, but you might want to rethink your reviews a bit. They don’t seem to make any sense. Think

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
and burdens are one thing the decks can’t take. And how is PATHS going to kill 2-4 vitality minions?

you play 2-4 of them Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:00 am
*bump*

Last day of the contest, and there are three contestants within 0.1 points of each other.

This is probably the closest competition in CC history...
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Well, sorry to break the stalemate, but what can I say? NBarden’s article is INCREDIBLY COOL, and must’ve taken SOME work in conceiving each decklist, studying possible cards, and such. How could I bear to give him anything short of a 5? Applause
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest