LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
How many cards should we make per contest?

Three  
75%
  [ 3 ]  75%

Four  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Five  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

Other (please explain)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:41 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
Okay, my Finish the Card DC contest is ready to get started, as soon as I find out the answer to my poll (hint, hint), so here’s a general overview of how the rules are different here.

First of all, a deck of these only has either good guys or bad guys. The force can be borne by any Jedi or Sith companion -- or minion. (That being said, it does slightly penalize its bearer.) At the start of the game, only the good guys have the Force. When the Chosen One (i. e. Ringbearer) is killed, the minion who killed him gets the Force. (If he was killed outside a skirmish, or if the minion who killed him is ineligible, the Sith player chooses who gets the Force.) Then the Jedi player can kill him to get the Force back.

Whoever has the Force is like the Free Peoples player in LotRTCG -- his guys stay in play, his opponents are discarded - meaning companions and minions should be very much equal.
This also means, since all characters can be used on offense or defense, that versions of some characters will have hugely different stats, and that companions could cost as much as 8!
Minions have Force Aptitude (resistance) too; no roaming or site numbers.

The first team to control the force for nine sites wins.

To make changing control easier, in the Assignment phase, the players take turns assigning an unassigned companion to an unassigned minion. If, as usually happens, one player has more characters than another, those characters are ignored if the player controls the Force but may double-team as usual if that player does not.

What do you think? Wacky system? Innovative system? Stupid system? Please post below and let me know. (Oh - and answer the poll so I can start the contest.)
"Forth Eorlingas!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:20 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Sounds interesting. Definately innovative, and I think it would actually work...though some games could drag on FOREVER like that.

I voted for three, since I think any more than that at one time might be tough, at least until we get ore familiar with these.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:23 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
The nine sites don’t have to be consecutive -- you just leave your marker there while you don’t have the force.
"Forth Eorlingas!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:25 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Oh. Well then that wouldn’t be quite so long.

I like the "hot potato" feel of it. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
3 at a time IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PeterPot
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:50 pm
Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Posts: 157 Location: On the Back of my fat old Unicorn
I think 5 but i guess I’m out voted.
Please don't give me gp. Please!!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards