LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
56%
  [ 9 ]  56%

31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:06 pm
Ugluk?!?! Knock Ugluk out and throw him in second!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 pm
I’m surprised you didn’t include Desert Lord as one of the most splashable minions. But maybe he wasn’t as good as all the others.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:46 pm
I think this was a very well written article! (at least better than I can write mine.) Anyway, you deserve a five from me. This article will be very handy in the future.

Spend wisely! (with GPs, and/or winning money)
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 am
Celebrimbor wrote:
I’m surprised you didn’t include Desert Lord as one of the most splashable minions. But maybe he wasn’t as good as all the others.

Actually, I forgot about him. d'oh!

I added a small section near the end that lists other possible candidates for the Top 10 minions, with Desert Lord & Orkish Footman included.

Thanks for pointin’ him out. GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah desert lord owns! thanks for adding him a GP since now this article deserves a 5, but at the time I voted it only deserved a 4.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I liked this very much, I love generic articles! They’re SO cool! And useful, too, to all audiences! Applause
I don't like YOU.
zli_deda
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 am
Grima that spots cultures is junk,i can not see his use?
I radher put on his place gollum her sneak,because U can not control spoting a cultures,but U can add a deagol on FP,and get greate sworm candy...

Desert lord??? not in top 10????

where is MoS-Lieutenant of Barad-dur ? for 3 is assuring that your gollum wins skirmish, excelen in coruption (trigers sense of obligation,the ring is mine!,ithil stone...)

sorry thats 3 mistakes, so only C for you Speak to the hand
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 pm
zli_deda wrote:
Grima that spots cultures is junk,i can not see his use?
I radher put on his place gollum her sneak,because U can not control spoting a cultures,but U can add a deagol on FP,and get greate sworm candy...

Um... Grima is insurance in case you run up against a multi-cultural deck. Some metas are full of this decktype, which is where Grima would shine. Some metas have few multi-cultural decks, and so Grima might not be as good.

Gollum, Her Sneak is not a good splash, because you would have to add Deagol to the Freeps side which could really mess up the consistency. He’s better left to decks focusing on running him & Deagol.

zli_deda wrote:
Desert lord??? not in top 10????

He’s good, I’ll admit that, but the other minions seem better to me than him. He is vulnerable to both maneuver & archery targeted exertions/wounds, which can make him a waste of 6 twilight.

zli_deda wrote:
where is MoS-Lieutenant of Barad-dur ? for 3 is assuring that your gollum wins skirmish, excelen in coruption (trigers sense of obligation,the ring is mine!,ithil stone...)

He does not ’assure that Gollum wins skirmish’, because the strongest companion isn’t necessarily the best. You might assign MoS to Aragorn only to have Gollum fight Faramir, Son of Denethor. And his corruption uses are limited to really only 1 decktype.

Thanks for the review anyways. Just remember that this article is focused on splash minions, not adding a package of a minion + extra cards.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:19 am
Bump for the last day of the contest! Good luck to all other contestants, maybe I’ll have better luck next month. Mr. Green

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 am
Good Luck AC! Don’t write it off as a loss, you’re only trailing first by 0.01 points.

May the best writer win.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest