LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:10 pm
NBarden wrote:
I was under the impression that these were supposed to be playable with all the rules of DC making...

Same here... Sad

NBarden wrote:
4 •Aragorn, Of the Three Hunters Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 9
Ranger. Hunter 1. Archer. Damage +1. Muster. Toil 2
Exert Aragorn twice and discard a Gondor or Shire card from play to have him replace Legolas or Gimli skirmishing a minion.
Each time the fellowship moves, spot Legolas to wound a wounded minion.
Skirmish: Exert Aragorn to discard a Dwarven, Elven, or Gondor card to play a Dwarven, Elven, or Gondor card from your draw deck. Make a companion of the same culture as the card played strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Exert Gimli and discard an Elven card from play to reconcile your hand.
I am Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, and you owe me your allegiance.
0R++1

Wow... Needs a phase on that first ability. Otherwise, I could see it. It is strange, although really only for the fact he has so much text and an ability that doesn’t need him at all...

SoP wrote:
0 Aragorn, Insanely Broken Gondor
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Damage +1, Enduring, Defender +5, Archer
Aragorn cannot take wounds. Araogrn is considered X-listed. Skirmish :Exert 4 companions to reduce Aragorn to the R-list, and put him and a shadow card in your deck, you may then take him from your deck and replace a companion in a skirmish with him.

Okay... But you can’t use the ability as it needs to be in play to use it (doesn’t say you can use it when he’s not in play). That being said, he combos well in casual (able to make X-list not have any effect) with Falls of Rauros (if it can be used when he’s not in play). Alternatively, when he’s in play, he can exert himself and 3 others when he’s in play to (effectively) heal him completely and put a shadow card into your deck. Repeat it - get an infinitely large deck, with all shadow cards...

I like the potential, and it gets a couple strange points for being enduring but unable to take wounds (as well as an ability to add Shadow cards to your deck and replace any companion while healing him completely) and a 0 cost.

DainIronfoot wrote:
4Aragorn, The Weird One Gondor
Comrade • Dude
Signet: J.R.R. Tolkien
Aragorn may only be played during the Shadow and regroup phases.
Each time a pipe or pipeweed is played, scream “yahoo!” and flip this card upside-down. If this card is already upside-down, Aragorn is strength +1, damage +1, and fierce until the end of the turn.
If Aragorn is killed, slap your opponent really, really hard.
Aragorn was a very, very strange man once he hit too much pipeweed, yo.

Other than having no rules for where to play a Comrade, it seems fully playable. And nice points (which don’t actually count towards this, unfortunately) for having a Tolkien signet.
Strange points for the screaming and flipping. Also for the slap (although I would probably have to remove the card so nobody I play with finds it...)

macheteman wrote:
4 •Aragorn, Jumping onto Bad-Guys Gondor
Companion • Man
Resistance: 8
At the start of the skirmish phase, you may add 2 threats and exert 2 Gondor men to transfer Aragorn to a minion he is skirmishing. When you transfer Aragon to a minion, make that minion strength -X where X is Aragorn’s strength.
If a minion Aragorn is born by is killed, transfer Aragorn back to your fellowship.
Regroup: If you can spot Aragorn being born by a minion, discard that minion, and remove Aragorn from the game.

Other than the fact that there are multiple skirmish phases, so the first ability would probably have to be worded "At the start of each skirmish phase", "each skirmish phase involving Aragorn", or "of the first skirmish phase". Change "born" to "borne".
I do like it. Strange points for the transfering of a companion to a minion. Also for the ’remove from game’ to discard (which could allow you to use multiples of these when he gets exhausted...

shieldelf wrote:
1337 Aragorn, Elite Weirdness Sauron
Companion - Man
Strength - 1337
Vitality - 1337
Resistance - 1337
Ranger, Archer, Defender 1337, Damage +1337, Enduring, Toil 1337
Maneuver: Exert Aragorn to make all companions 1337 until the regroup phase.
Aragorn is Hunter 1337 for each 1337 companions you can spot.
Aragorn was so 1337, he made Sauron think he worked for him.

Maneuver should be "to make each companion" with the hunter bonus being "for each 1337 companion you can spot".
Weird points for alternate culture/shadow culture on a companion. The flavor of the card is just reminiscint of an annoyance, so unfortunately doesn’t get strange points or a plus from me...

So, my vote goes to...
macheteman, for the combination of a very strange effect with the ability (and reason) to play it.

Dain would be second, because MECCG and Magic got his effect to not be that strange to me (although it shared most of the above traits)

Although, coolest single thing of note: Tolkien signet. Applause
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
shieldelf
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:12 pm
Maybe I should have specified, but the card didn’t need to be playable.

Dain is my vote.
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
D_I
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
shieldelf
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:39 pm
So the votes so far are:
DainIronfoot - 4
Machetman - 3
SickofPalantirs - 1
NBarden - 0
Shieldelf - 0 Sad
BattleWarg - 0
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hey I got a vote!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:32 pm
Man, I was hoping a Shire Hobbit version of Aragorn would at least get a vote...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:15 am
wait, i haven’t voted, and i’m for BW. his card was weird, and one of a kind. good job. plus it was playable.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:36 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yeah, I understand EXACTLY why you did that, BW. Truth be told, I toyed with the idea myself....

For those who don’t know, Aragorn was originally going to be a Hobbit named Trotter.

Anyway, it’s a very cool card, BW, and if this were a SERIOUS contest, I’d probably vote for it. But since it’s weird and wacky, I think the really weird and wacky cards are winning out.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yeah, I understand EXACTLY why you did that, BW. Truth be told, I toyed with the idea myself....

For those who don’t know, Aragorn was originally going to be a Hobbit named Trotter.

Anyway, it’s a very cool card, BW, and if this were a SERIOUS contest, I’d probably vote for it. But since it’s weird and wacky, I think the really weird and wacky cards are winning out.

what?you mean the ranger king was going to be named trotter?
"DáinIronfoot"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
what?you mean the ranger king was going to be named trotter?

No, no. Hobbit king. Wink

Ah, good times. That quote is definitely going to be in a sig soon. Razz
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards