LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

62%
  [ 5 ]  62%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Last Days of My House requires spotting 2 Rohan men or a hunter, neither of which is in my starting fellowship, so I would have to rely on drawing another companion just to play the card. I need four copies of the Riders anyway, since I only want them in my hand... and they require 2 Rohan companions to play. So I figured it was just safer to include the extra copies of other companions.

I’ve gotten enough votes to know I can’t win this month, but maybe I will smooth it over later.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
masswelter13
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:55 pm
Overall, pretty good deck...

Although I think that Hama, Northman, is better off out of the deck.

4 from me.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm
Notice I didn’t actually put Hama in the decklist. Razz
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
masswelter13
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 pm
Oops...

My bad... *slaps in face*

Alright.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:50 pm
elf lvr wrote:
--- description ---
Here’s a look at the emerging Rohan assign-the-ring-bearer-to-skirmish strategy... This deck is fun, and perhaps even tourney-worthy!
--- end description ---

Okay, here’s some links to the cards I use in the deck that don’t have auto-links...
...Hama, Northman...

...Hama, Northman
This guy stops strength and damage bonuses from possessions. A really neat effect, considering the emerging Warg decktype. And with Saruman, Coldly Still going on his rampage, this guy could really help....

May consider taking these guys out.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
did you see what he said a few posts ago? he didn’t actually include it in the deck, you might want to say that a little clearer though, he is pretty pathetic. at least for a R.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 pm
I know, I was just saying since he didn’t use them for the deck, he might want to take those sections out.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think he should keep them, and just say he didn’t use them.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm
Instead of Sam, Innocent Traveler I’d consider running Gamling, The Old in your starting fellowship. With Frodo being assigned to skirmish, Aragorn, Defender of Rohan will kick in and grant all of your Rohan companions hunter 1 and suddenly Gamling, The Old has the possibility of being strength 11! Certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Sam shouldn’t be absent from the decklist, however. Things can get pretty hectic when the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish. And Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs is certainly better than Hobbit Sword for Frodo.

Nice article, good deck. I’ve always loved Rohan; this new ’let the Ring-bearer fight’ strategy is awesome, in my opinion. Well done.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest