LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
Gillian
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:11 pm
NBarden wrote:
Nice article. Now for the strategy.

Where’s Sam? Suppose by some freak accident Frodo gets killed (Which is very likely). There has to be a Sam to take the ring. Sam, Needer of Vittles is perfect for this, because Merry’s going to be constantly thrown into play, so you can also peel off Daddy Twofoot’s Burdens.

Another idea you may think of is adding Long Live the Halflings. This is an awesome card for this strategy and it would be cool to see it used. Of course, you would need to use Measure of Comfort or the like...

I’m still witholding my vote.

Where’s Sam?

Sam becomes Ringbarer only if Frodo dies, so there is reason for playing him in Isildur version.
One done three to go.

In two versions there is +5 pump for Frodo, and he also have ring that give him Hunter 3. If that is not enough, oponent diserved victory, and I won’t have hard feelings.

In first version if I replace Rohan companion with Sam, Needer of Vittles, there will be three companion with strength 3.
Frodo has Sting, ring with Hunter 3, and second breakfast.
Merry has Merry’s Sword.
Sam has only 3 strenth, and considering Rohan gives much twilight, he will usually be death long time before Frodo.
Sam has 5 resistance, and he is ringbound companion, so there is no help for him from Long Live the Halflings and Measure of Comfort.

Sam, Great Elf Warrior has bigger strength. If he spots Merry, Frodo and himself he has 6 strength, but that is still not hard to overwhelm.

This is a risky fellowship, assigning ring-bearer means that he might die. Rohan companions are strong even without ringbarer assigned to shrimish, he doesn’t have to fight all the time. When he does there are many described ways which can protect him.
Sometimes that is not enough, there is no fellowship that can’t be killed, and that it is good.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I will excuse your grammar errors, because aside form them , this article is sweet. 5 from me, and a GP.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gillian
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:34 am
Thank you, now I will have better average, and 3gp, and that will be enough for signature. Beside that what is use of GP?
NBarden
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:03 pm
d'oh! I forgot to mention this. Would you be able to add an expanded decklist? Make sure it includes Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir and Bounder.

Also, the tale of the great ring is indispensable. I recommend including it in all three deck with the Frodo RB.

Anyway, you get a 4. Good work.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
olorin_hr
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:22 pm
A nice take on strategies available to Rohan after ROS. Excellent effort.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:05 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
As people have said, there are some nice ideas here, however, well, this IS an Article Contest, not a deck Contest, so even though the guys let this one by, I DO believe that grammar and writing style IS an issue. Now, as I said, I liked what I saw, so I’m not saying you should quite writing. However, what I suggest is: carefully check for a better formatting (which you already did, great improvement by the way), and after finishing the article, submitting it to a trustworthy member (I’d suggest AC, not because the others can’t be trusted, but because he’s a moderator, so working for the improvement of an article, and thus, the site itself, is "kind" of in his line of work) to help you formatting the English of it. Now, this could get annoying over time, so you could also try to arrange something with the member, say, paying him in store credit or something, even if only a symbolic amount. Anyway, just some thoughts. I don’t think the guys will be so nice over time, if you don’t do something about your writing.
I don't like YOU.
Gillian
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:49 am
Thanks on advice Felipe.
I won’t release article next time without giving it on check to someone before.
Dalibor
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:20 am
From my part of view, deck with Isildur as ring-bearer is nice. It’s quite best of all of these other’s. Strategy is also very very fine...
The way that deck made (cc), is only thing that I realy like to see. These day’s it is rarely .
Also i like the combat style of your fp...but i mentioned before.
The other deck’s with frod-master as ringbearer is quite strange to me. Neutral But hey, it is only me Mr. Green . When you play Aragorn, Defender of Rohan in same deck as Frodo, and assuredly rohan, is quite risky. Even u have few pump’s for frodo.
Anyway, i will rate your article as 5, although the deck with frodo is as i said rsiky. But however Isildur deck is super-duper( and i just could use it Shhh ). But remember, deck does’t need always r. card’s to be great!
And it is nice to see effort although english is foreign language to u!

cc=close combat
Gillian
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:58 am
Dalibor wrote:
But remember, deck does’t need always r. card’s to be great!

Yes deck needs foils to be great.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Gillian wrote:
Dalibor wrote:
But remember, deck does’t need always r. card’s to be great!

Yes deck needs foils to be great.

This is going in my signature FOR SURE! Laughing
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest