LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 3 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
The First
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:02 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
omnipotentnoel wrote:
i cant help but think that your deck i a rather poor proformer even at the budget standpoint. You need better creatures that Wolverine and Two headed Sliver. Replace these with Wee Dragonots and Flying Men. Also consider adding Remand, Mana Leak, or Runesnag so you can keep your opponents creature less and to counter their board control such as pyroclasm, WOG, Damnation, or wildfire.

Hi Mr. Omnipotent guy,

I can’t help but think that your thoughts are your own and that I cannot change them unless you actually play the deck. Laughing

It is actually a casual budget deck which you should play for fun. It is not meant to rule the FNM scene. It is an aggressive deck with all kinds of cards that I wanted to play for ages and that came toghether somehow in this deck. It is pretty good but I would advise Shhh to play something else against a dragonstorm for instance.

The Two-Headed Sliver is actually a good evasion critter. I have the feeling that most people don’t get that. Try it out. It is far from being a bad card. I do agree about the Flying Men and Wolverine though. Even though the Wolverine is pretty cool, the Men are just better.

About the counterspells: do you see any Gruul deck or Boros pack counterspells? Ok, except for Mana Tithe. I have never 2 mana free at the end of my turn. If I would have them, this deck would really * x4 (more than 1 word is possible here, be creative Question ).

I know that Damnation, Wrath of God, Pyroclasm and the like would destroy my creatures but atm I don’t see any solution for that and I don’t think that counterspells will fix that problem on the account that it will kill my tempo. Think

Thanks for taking an interest in my deck though.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Sorry to barge in, since this is not my article, but firstly, welcome to the boards.
Then, as both a newcomer and someone who’s talking about somebody else’s work (which means they’ve put time, effort and thought into it), don’t go saying things like "do this, do that". Start off by trying a "I think this deck has some problems in the ___ department, and that it’s weak against ____", and then going into "perhaps you could ____" and their variants. Then, before suggesting something and specially rating an article, please, read it. The ENTIRE DECK is focused around Wee Dragonauts, almost ALL the card explanations are around their interaction with Wee Dragonauts, and you suggest (actually, you tell him to) adding Dragonauts? What format do you play, where you can use more than 4 of each card? ’cause my Boros would LOVE having 8 Lightning Helix instead of 4 Volcanic Hammer...
I don't like YOU.
bandfreak9
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:51 pm
Felipe you can’t be so hard on the new kid thats partially the reason I was attracted to this website: No hardcore kill you if you’re wrong players
I do have to agree with you though just don’t be so harsh sarcastic comments are hurtful
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:40 pm
I don’t know, I just didn’t like the tone of the comments, and well, c’mon, that suggestion depicts TOTAL lack of reading... But I guess you’re right. But then again, as I said, it was not an unthoughtful comment, I haven’t been bad to you, and you’re a new user. But you read the stuff you’re reviewing thoroughly, and you let us answer, before you rate the articles, and this guy (I’m assuming it was him) gave me a straight 3 without even allowing me to talk back, and there’s still PLENTY of time ’till the end of the month! The only time I did something like this was to The First’s article, and because otherwise it would go unrated, since he posted it the last day of the month, and I even apologized to him for doing it, AND kept on discussing the article.
I don't like YOU.
The First
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
bandfreak9 wrote:
Felipe you can’t be so hard on the new kid thats partially the reason I was attracted to this website: No hardcore kill you if you’re wrong players
I do have to agree with you though just don’t be so harsh sarcastic comments are hurtful

I did not think that the post was that harsh. They are good pointers and his message content did in fact suggest that he did not read the article. Let alone the remark about the usage of counterspells in the posts below the first.

I think that Noel was more harsh than FM on that account.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 am
Thanks, dude! Homage
I don't like YOU.
bandfreak9
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 pm
Sorry the last comment seemed extremely sarcastic plus I was speed reading
r2d2quino
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:14 pm