LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:09 am
Hiya,

I have a set featuring 40 of the most memorable characters, locations, artifacts from the three movies. It’s called ’Icons’. Now I was planning on posting the cards here, and I was wondering what’s the most appropriate way to do it here. Just put all cards culture by culture in one thread? Or make a thread for each culture? And I’d like to use a poll to see of which culture to post next, can a poll be reset if I do it in one thread?

Anyway, here’s the division of cards per culture:

1- Ring
2- Dwarven
5- Elven
2- Gandalf
3- Gollum
5- Gondor
2- Isengard
2- Evil Men
1- Moria
2- Orc
4- Rohan
1- Sauron
4- Shire
2- Uruk-Hai
2- Wraith
2- Sites

40- Total

I hope for it to be a set with a somewhat epic feel. Anyway, suggestions and comments are always welcome. I opened a poll to see of which Free Peoples culture I should post the first cards.

And, I’ll reveal the One Ring as first card

The One Ring, Lost and Found Ring
Strength: +1
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may spot your possession and place it beneath your draw deck to take a possession from your draw deck into hand. Shuffle your draw deck.
Response: If the Ring-Bearer is about to take a wound, you may discard a card from hand to make him or her wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While the Ring-Bearer is wearing The One Ring, each time he or she is about to take a wound, add two burdens instead.
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu May 24, 2007 8:32 am; edited 13 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make it all one thread with only 40 cards.

that ring is sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:50 pm
Gandalf for me, let’s see what you have in store for those. Gandalf men would rock. Smile
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m giving some love to my fellow Dwarves. Thumbs Up

Neat Ring, by the way.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:57 pm
Elves.

Nice Ring. One of the most unique I’ve seen.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:37 pm
Have to go with Dwarven.
Great ring, but I’m slightly unclear on two points.
Firstly, I’m not sure if the first ability works as you think it does. It sounds like the possession you’re shuffling into the deck is already there when you’re taking a possession into hand, it should say, just to be clear, ’spot your possession to take a possession into hand from your draw deck, and (then) shuffle the spotted possession into your draw deck.’
And secondly, if you’re about to take a wound, do you have to discard a card from hand to put on the one ring? If so, it should be clearer (ie. ’you may discard a card from hand to wear the one ring until the regroup phase.’)

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:52 pm
Thanks for the comments, I reworded it, so I hope it’s a bit clearer.
legoles3333
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:38 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
i say elves!

BTW im guessing what the Moria and Sauron cards are
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:41 am
All three cultures have three votes. Very Happy I think I’ll just go through the set culture by culture then, starting with Dwarven. Here they are:

2 •Gimli, Dwarven Emissary Dwarven
Companion • Dwarven
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may remove two cards in the discard pile of that minion’s owner from the game of the same culture as that minion.
"They had no honor in life. They have none now in death."

0 •The Seven Rings of the Dwarves Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each Dwarven companion bearing a ring is strength +1.
Response: When your Dwarven companion at a mountain or underground site is about to take a wound, you may remove three Dwarven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard a Dwarven Ring that companion is bearing) to prevent that.
"Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Mon May 14, 2007 4:22 am; edited 2 times in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
All three cultures have three votes. Very Happy I think I’ll just go through the set culture by culture then, starting with Dwarven. Here they are:

2 •Gimli, Dwarven Emissary Dwarven
Companion • Dwarven
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may remove that minion from the game, and remove two cards in the discard pile of that minion’s owner from the game that have the same culture as that minion.
"They had no honor in life. They have none now in death."

Maybe a little too strong. Make it remove maybe only one extra card.

0 •The Seven Rings of the Dwarves Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each Dwarven companion wearing a Ring is strength +1.
Response: When your Dwarven companion at a mountain or underground site is about to take a wound, you may remove three Dwarven cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard your Dwarven Ring) to prevent that.
"Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls."

Should be "bearing a ring" or else only the ring-bearer will get the bonus when he "wears" the One Ring.
I would also make it discard a ring that dwarf is bearing.

Nice!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards