LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm
yeah. the starting fellowship doesn’t work. i’ll wait to see if you make some changes.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Pywils
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:32 am
right now its a 3 because you clearly havent even taken the time to playtest the deck, or someone would have seen that before me.
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:28 am
Just a quick little observation I made. Orc Pursuer does absolutely nothing for your Troll of Cirith Gorgor seeing its site reduction ability applies only to Sauron-culture orcs and not Sauron-culture minions. While it still is usable for your 3 Siege Troops, I don’t see much value in having a minion of these stats in your deck. While I realize the twilight cost is a large reason as to why they are here, maybe there is another Sauron minion, a cheap one, that might do just as well or better.

Also...

What about some Ithil Stones???? Add a couple of those in fa sho!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why doesn’t the starting fellowship work? faramir=1
denethor=2
pippin=1
=4
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 pm
Because to play Denethor you need to spot Faramir.

And to play Faramir for 1 you have to spot denethor.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:31 pm
Solution? Aragorn, Strider! But that would shoot the whole Isildur’s Heir strategy...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IC. Stink. I see how that could have been missed though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:20 pm
Right changes made:

yes there was a similar deck made and posted recently, if you took the time to read, you’ll see that was me posting the expanded version of this (which as said in the article was a prepatory version of this standard version.)

which also would mean grima, wormtongue is no problem at all.

And I have ten, not three minions to play the troll of cirith gorgor (seven if the siege troops are "unplayable", but it’s not hard to get 15 twilight in region three, plus any orc pursuer or mordor soldier’s I can stack on sites.)

It’s been playtested and it works well, probably not top tier, but when I checked the article contest didn’t specify that your deck had to be the best, but they certainly work.

Sorry about missing the Faramir thing, I’m so used to playing the expanded format noble leaders, that I forgot about denethor’s two gondor men requirement. Starting fellowship improved, and a steward’s legacy added, as it’s really useful for defeating minions pre-skirmish.

Added 3 more Sauron minions, and some extra healing/possesions for guarded city in the free peoples. 38 seems like a lot, but I’ve tested it, and almost all your cards go straight to the table, plus Denethor helps cycle, so it flows well enough to get the cards out.

Anything else?
LunaticFringe
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:20 am
"Grima, Wormtongue would kill this deck. Instant hand clog, unless you spread the possessions out."

Standard format deck, Wormtongue doesn’t apply.

"And your FP is just waiting for corruption to bash it over the head. Not sure how you’d solve that problem, Gondor is notoriously weak in anti-burden..."

That all depends on how the burdens are being applied. The core functionality of this FP side worked well enough nearly a year and a half ago with the release of Bloodlines with a simple Gandalf splash. New Orcs need the speed that Retribution provides, and Pallando controls that well enough. Scavenging Goblins die in manuver to Brego, protecting from swarming, and this can be expanded to larger minions with the use of Brego on Boromir, with the advent of Stewards Legacy. In fact you’re better off killing the big one with a couple exertions to Boromir since you can get away with overpumping a companion to kill the little punk handing off the spears. The Gandalf to use with this deck is The White Rider, given the sick synergy it has with Legacy. But you could still essentially do enough damage with Pallando to their condition base to get around the compounding burdens that the Orcs would do without sacrificing extra slots for Gandalf.

Pallando trumps Shapes. A realignment of the pump conditions in this deck would make for a difficult time for any Forestguls deck to succeed one on one, as 4x Nobles is just looking for a clogged hand, worse than anything that Shapes could do to you. And Enquea burdening doesn’t work either, much for the same reason that the orcs got beat- he can’t get out of the manuver phase.

Any deck considering Stewards Legacy should use it like a gun, and use it often. The Faramir text is damn near as good as the Boromir text, for the number of things it can shut off that can do you in. The last time I ran a build of Isildur’s Heir, I was running Leader of Men and a Ranger to start, and burning for Faramir, Dunadan of Gondor (along with Aragorn or Denethor, depending on what I had drawn to open). Dunadan Faramir is simply insane with Boromir carrying a Ranger’s Cloak, Narsil, and the Ring of Doom, and nets you another hit for The Highest Quality (= instant Pallando win). Gandalf would go second time that Saved came up, for a White Rider, Sent Back/Glamdring/Pallando, etc, based on my draw. The Gandalf package was heavy, because it made the setup so quick, and that the conditions themselves could be replenished with Guarded Cities that were never useless when drawn, where as conditions often would be (see Boromir above for what I mean).

All this thinking has me considering a rebuild...

As it was, though, it was a FP that could run in a desparate moment and win, but was more suited to being matched with a shadow that could stop for you, with good cycling. The condition requirements tie you down since the key pumps are unique, so the shadow must have good

I’d rate the article a 2, but more based on the lapses in the fact that the deck didn’t work as written, as opposed to the concepts shown therein.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:15 am
Consider adding Easterling Dispatcher.

EDIT: Never mind. I saw the spotting requirements. But hey, this troll would go good in a Men/Sauron hybrid deck. Maybe you can try that!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest