LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 am
Hi everybody!!

I thought a lot about this deck because I wanted an all elf (except for frodo) fellowship side to get ready for everything. I played only a few times with this deck and it did pretty well choking and killing the few minions my opponent could play.

The strategy is pretty simple, just try to get Galadriel as soon as possible and the only twilight you’ll be adding in the fellowship phase is with the bows and gwemegil. This deck has some weapons against all threats like orcs, uruks, nazgul and erestor can prevent a crutial wound on a companion from hate. Haldir’s brothers wound orcs and uruks, dinendal and calaglin help you run, elrond, celeborn and friends of old help you reuse your allies. The rest is pretty straight forward.

Here is the deck list:

Ring and Ring-bearer
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane

Companions
1x 1R30 Arwen, Daughter of Elrond (s)
1x 0P13 Legolas, Greenleaf (s)
1x 1U48 Haldir, Elf of the Golden Wood

Allies
1x 3U10 Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
2x 1R34 Celeborn, Lord of Lorien
1x 3U12 Dinendal, Silent Scout
2x 3R13 Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
1x 3C14 Erestor, Chief Advisor to Elrond
3x 1R45 Galadriel, Lady of Light
2x 1U56 Orophin, Lorien Bowman
1x 1U57 Rumil, Elven Protector
1x 1C286 Bounder

Possessions
1x 1R47 Gwemegil
1x 3C108 Frying Pan
3x 1C41 Elven Bow

Conditions
1x 1R66 The Tale of Gil-galad
1x 1C317 There and Back Again

Events
2x 1R36 Curse Their Foul Feet!
3x 1C37 Defiance
2x 3C16 Friends of Old
2x 2R19 Release the Angry Flood
2x 2R20 Secret Sentinels
2x 1U65 Swan-ship of the Galadhrim

I took off 1 Rumil because I’ve chosen frying pan instead of hobbit sword. I’m really thinking of including 1 more galadriel, but I don’t know, the deck is already big and I don’t know what to throw away.

The only issue about this deck, I think is how to get rids of events you won’t use like curse their foul feet when your fighting nazguls... but so far I had no problems about it.

Hope to get some feedback!! Very Happy suggestions are welcome!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMO cut erestor for certain one celeborn and add another galadriel maybe if you need it if not don’t cut cele. Maybe cut a release the angry flood opr if tere is a way you could tell with your friends what deck they areplaying with , if they use orcs, use CtFF and Erestor, if its nazzies use RtAf, but neither of the aforementioned cards.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:59 pm
Yeah, it’s definitely a meta thing, but I’m designing it (at least I’m trying to) to be a good deck agains all the bad fellas disregarding of local meta. And I really love this deck!!

Maybe you’re right about erestor, the question is whether to put in another galadriel or another celeborn...

Thank’s for repplying!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Sting tends to be better than Frying Pan, since it makes Dinendal unnecessary. Power According to His Stature takes care of wounding minions for you. Gwemegil, while great, does not make Arwen a real beatstick unless you add in 2 Asfaloth (one for before sites 4-5 and one for after). Elrond, Lord of Rivendell tends to be better, since he thins out your hand, AND can heal Bilbo, Retired Adventurer to re-use PATHS. Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir is also better, since you don’t have all that twilight to hog, and he can heal Bounder, or Bilbo (allowing you to fetch TWO Shire cards). Then again, Frodo without the full package (Mithril Coat and Elbereth! Gilthoniel!) is not that tough... But I guess enough archery could keep him alive.
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Most of the Elven events should be easy to get rid of. Especially things like Friends of Old. Curse Their Foul Feet! would be costlier to get rid of, but it would reveal your opponent’s hand, even if they didn’t play Orcs. Orcs are, however, two of the major decktypes (grind and swarm) in FOTR block.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:12 am
Thank you guys for replying!

Felipe, I don’t have sting, believe it or not, this is why I’m sticking to frying pan Wink! This bilbo engine sounds interesting, I just might give it a shot. I think you are right about elrond, I’ll test the drawing card one.

Your right CG, maybe it’s not that bad at all.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block