LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

83%
  [ 5 ]  83%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:29 pm
BobtheOrc:

Thanks for the positive feedback! Yeah, I agree, I don’t see the Rohirrim Scout winning too many games for me, but it was fun to construct. I’m going to try to keep addressing the concerns NBarden has been making to see if that would make potential reviewers vote more favorably. Thanks again for the vote and your feedback!
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:29 pm
well, the reason it seems unplayable is that the strategy centers around bringing Gandalf evnets back into hand, but most of those events are there to protect the strategy. so it doesn’t seem to get anywhere.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:33 pm
Macheteman:

Would you suggest focusing more on burden removal so the "machine gun" could kind of work like a free-people’s version of The Witch-King, Morgul King? That might be kind of interesting.
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:35 pm
Great article by the way on corruption. I enjoyed it. I don’t think I’d want to play against it, but it made for an intriguing read. I’ll be sure to vote.
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:39 pm
it is an idea, it would at least get you somewhere. this machine gun could really be effective for fellowship phase events. but with gandalf’s text discarding two Gandalf cards, you’ll have a tough time getting anything for the skirmish phase.

you could also run a two companion fellowship with rohirrim scout, and gandalf. use the machine-gun to peel off burdens, use only Rohan skirmish events, that way they won’t get discarded, and get some possessions to pump rohirrim scout up with. that’s another idea.

-macheteman
ROLF!!!
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm
That’s an interesting suggestion on solo fellowship phase events, but maybe I haven’t made the strategy clear enough, but the FP hand should never have to discard any cards when I move. If the strategy works the way I want it to you’ll only be discarding cards that have already been discarded, therefore leaving your hand to to combat your opponent (I.e Servant of the Secret Fire, Fury of the White Rider, etc.). Maybe I should make that more clear or maybe I’m just not getting what you’re trying to say about the strategy.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 pm
Or maybe throw in Gandalf’s Pipe, some Pipeweed, some Hobbit Allies and a few other pipes and take the burdens.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm
ok, i don’t think i understand how it works. after you use butterbur to get Gandalf events into hand, then you have to move, and when you move, you have to discard 2 Gandalf cards from hand right?
ROLF!!!
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:01 pm
Right! But the thing is you don’t have to use the cards from your original hand to discard. You might not have any. Barliman ensures you have 2 Gandalf cards to discard every time you move after the fellowship phase.
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:12 pm
ok, so that way you won’t have to add burdens, and any Gandalf cards over 2 you get to keep. ok, i see now. well you definitely won’t have a problem with corrupting yourself, but you’ll still be weak during the skirmish.
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest