LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

83%
  [ 5 ]  83%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Pywils
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 pm
Unfournately right now, Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation doesnt look too playable. The deck i made once around him was a mess.

However, not only was your article fairly well written, but it was really interesting. I don’t think people appreciate this type of article as much because your trying to do something extremely weird, and people don’t see it working, but you found that como well.
I’m giving it a high 4.
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 pm
Thank ya kindly! Hopefully I can keep improving it because it has gotten better since I first thought it up, but it still needs a lot of work. I appreciate your feedback though, very much. Take care.
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:01 am
bobtheorc wrote:
Good job OneFathom.
It looks like you fixed whatever problems you had.
4 from me.
As stated before the deck isn’t great, but if articles could only be written about tier 1 decks, well, there wouldn’t be much variety among articles now would there?
Good job thinking up that Rohhirim Scout combo.

Well said BobtheORc! If I enjoy the article (which I did) and it adds a little to my collective knowledge (which it did), it’s already accomplished quite a bit. We can’t all spend five hours playtesting a deck and then five hours writing an article about how good it is (NBarden I’m talking toyou). I’m giving it a 4.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:37 am
yerkamig wrote:
We can’t all spend five hours playtesting a deck and then five hours writing an article about how good it is (NBarden I’m talking toyou). I’m giving it a 4.

Huh? Playtesting? I write the article in 30 minutes, then decide maybe I outta make sure it works, and see how quickly my brother dies against it. If it takes a run to win, the shadow stinks, if I kill at site 4-5 average, 2-3, good. If I die, scrap the article and write a new one.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
OneFathom
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:14 pm
Yerkamig:

I’m glad you got something out of the article, that was my intention. It may not be the best deck ever constructed, but it’s fun to try and make something, so to speak, out of nothing. Thanks!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the deck you construct doesn’t have to be totally killer, just solid. Its hard to find the balance between a well-written article, and a good deck how much to award to each.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
OneFathom
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 pm
You’re right SoP! It still needs to be tightened up and for a few cards to be dropped. I’ll keep fooling around with it and see what I can do.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:17 pm
ok, now that i understand what is going on Laughing. i’ll give this a vote. 4 from macheteman.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:14 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
That’s a cool combo, and I like the idea of Machine-Gun Butterbur. Why do you have to use it for a Gandalf, BoO deck? I think a better use would be to include it in an Inspiration-type deck, actually. With Woodland Onod, you could see quite a nasty deck...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest