LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

71%
  [ 5 ]  71%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:47 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
A decklist?? I spent just about four paragraphs explaining the combo, then had a decklist, then spent two more solid paragraphs discussing strategy. Then I included matchups. A decklist??

And I don’t possibly see how the Aragorn’s Bow and Hearts Raised combo can have more than one deck. It’s not a strategy like Nazzie Corp or Rangers in general.

I miss the days when people didn’t need five decklists and a heap of strategy writing to give an article a decent rating...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:01 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Yes i DO think that this is plainly a decklist. A well-formed, strategy based, nice to the eye DECKLIST.

It has the major idea, major card’s usefuleness and possible matchups.

Don’t take me wrong, i liked it since it was small and interesting, but you need to expand this as a strategy. Just make one more thing: into the west. That should cover this type of strategy 99%.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think it is fine as it is, really he has lots of setup, a sample decklist, and match-ups. its a 5 article IMO(of course I am not very harsh with my ratings)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Yeah, you’re probably right... Think

Sorry for being so elitish CG...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:28 pm
No problem, I think my reaction was actually a bit over the top as well...

I did take a look at Into the West when writing this article, but I figured it wasn’t really worth it to include a lone Elf. In Expanded, with Greenleaf, I think I would consider it. I’ll probably have a look at including that rationale in my article.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Cool article. Since you’re playing Standard format though, you need to drop Sword of Gondor x4 and add a different weapon (I suggest Ithilien Blade).

I would also add a little tidbit during your strategy part explaining why you used Frodo instead of one of the 3 Gondor RBs.

You get a 4 and an extra GP from me. Good job!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:52 pm
Oops, I never noticed Sword of Gondor! Good catch on your part! [gp]
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:58 pm
Further reviews?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest