LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
73%
  [ 11 ]  73%

26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Fm’s has a good idea(it was funny I told him he should update it with strategy via IM then there are all these posts saying the same thing)
a 5.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:58 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Very neat. Good to know I could get in with a competitive deck on a low budget. Gives me ideas for the (potential) future.

You get a 5 from a player that would need something like this to get started.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
corvus
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:27 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I thank thee both for your great grades!

I added prices for each deck to help things out even more. (i did the calculations by heart, so new players, there’s a 1% possibility i made a mistake, sorry in advance!) Just a few comments: Moria is ridiculously cheap to build, and still kicks @$$3$ even like that, trully impressive! Smeagol, rare+ though he may be, he is an extremely cheap card (at 0,75$). All the othe cards he needs however are quite expensive while adding up, but hey, this IS as i said the Smeagol solo itself. The Easterlings are way too cheap, because Enquea’s 4 copies cost 1,5 each, so he is as expensive as the rest of the shadow.

Wow, that was a fun thing to do, thanks FM, it really showed me the POINT of my article.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:40 pm
corvus wrote:
Moria is ridiculously cheap to build, and still kicks @$$3$ even like that, trully impressive!

Woulda phrased it differently, but when you get 6 minions on the RB, with Ents, you know its a good swarm.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
corvus
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:43 pm
No offence meant, i just wanted to extravagate on it... Wink
Pywils
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:59 pm
wow, great job. But Moria will always dominate the how cheap-and-competitive can you get. Your whole deck cost 4.20 Shocked
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
corvus wrote:

Wow, that was a fun thing to do, thanks FM, it really showed me the POINT of my article.

Yeah, it’s satisfying whenb you find out your deck costs less than 10 bucks! Too bad the best I could do for competitive play in STANDARD Magic was in the 10-20 area... I wonder, how cheap can a Standard LOTR deck be nowadays (in my era it WAS really cheap, since all you needed was a rare Balrog and you were set... ah, golden ages, the dawn of Moria...)?
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:54 am
Hmm, that means a rare-user. It really depends. Give me your fav. shadow and fellowship races and i’ll make sth for ya FM.

Thanks Pywils. Smile
Apopatos
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:37 am
You should spend whole the week to write all these bro :/
Very intuitive and useful for new players like me. I’ve checked already dwarves with moria and worked fine. Looking forward to try few more decks too.
A big fat 5!
corvus
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:40 am
Wow, thanks dude! Hey, you’re from Greece too? We should meet in a Fantasy shop whenever you can! PM me about it!

Thanks, welcome to the forums and have your first gp. (use it for avatar and sig)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest