LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
macheteman
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:54 pm
well, it’s interesting. i was hoping to see a little more strategy on the end, but there wasn’t. all-in-all not the greatest article, but i think this deck is playable. the article kind-of lacked meat. most of it was just going over the cards. it had two paragraphs in the biginning, one in the middle slimming the deck down, and one at the end. the first two had an introductory feel, and the last just told how to switch-out the gandalfs. plus there was no conclusion. i’ll wait, but i think it needs more meat.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:55 pm
I inserted correct links for the RoS cards, plus I added a couple of overview paragraphs at the end, and a summarizing sentence. Thanks for the reviews! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thank you its a lot nicer with he links.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Wow, definetely better! Will wait for more changes. Wink
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:18 pm
Read, review, and rate! Give me some feedback! Very Happy
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:20 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Could have sworn I’d reviewed this already, but apparently not.

I envisioned this type of deck once I saw Woodland Onod and Orc Beater myself, and I don’t even play the game! But I must say, you’ve done a very good job of making a good, working deck focused around them. I especially love the sneaky way of getting Gandalf cheap, then replacing him with a better version. Bravo! Applause

One suggestion, though:

I’d put Ragadast’s Staff on him and give Gandalf a Wizard Staff. Hear me out here:

Radagast can now become your when-needed archery sponge with his +1 vitality, but not so much that he’s killed off. You can still divide some wounds to Gandalf and others. The trade-off, I think, is worth it, because with all that double and triple moving, you’ll be able to draw a LOT of cards along the way.

You COULD still leave Gandalf with the staff you’ve chosen, but I think muster wouldn’t be quite as critical with all the cards Radagast would be drawing with his staff, and the vitality bonus isn’t critical now either. So this turns Gandalf into more of a fighter AND lets you reduce minion’s strength and work well with Frodo’s ability, letting you make minions assigned to him weaker and trigger Frodo’s built-in strength boost. In a pinch, you can use it on any other companion that needs it, too.

Just a thought. Take it for what it’s worth. Razz

Excellent article, though. You get a 5 from me, my friend!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 pm
Good suggestion; I edited the article accordingly. The only drawback, though, is that the fellowship has to double move to activate the text of Radagast’s Staff. Thanks for the review and the vote! Very Happy
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:56 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Good suggestion; I edited the article accordingly. The only drawback, though, is that the fellowship has to double move to activate the text of Radagast’s Staff. Thanks for the review and the vote! Very Happy

True, but I figured that since you’re going to be doing some double (and triple) moving anyway, it was a good time for it. Glad you liked the idea. Very Happy

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
corvus
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Why not use 3 copies of the big G, since there is no point in keeping another Leader of Men in your deck...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:06 pm
corvus wrote:
Why not use 3 copies of the big G, since there is no point in keeping another Leader of Men in your deck...

That’s a very good thought. Or better still, replace one of those Leader of Men with Gandalf, Mithrandir in case you try and swap your Gandalf later in the sitepath (when his big drawback wouldn’t hurt you as much). Couldn’t hurt to have it just in case the right opporunity comes along. If not, just use him to heal/prevent wounds/etc. Gandalf, Greyhame wouldn’t be bad either, since you could use him to get characters back from the discard pile....

Corvus is right...it seems kinda silly to have two Leader of Men in there. Replace one with Leader of the Company or, as I recommend, another version that gives you options depending on how the game is playing out.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest