LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Here is where the fun part of the strategy comes into play. Play Gandalf, Leader of Men in your starting fellowship with Huorn to conserve twilight; in region 2, then kill off Gandalf and use Traveled with Falls of Rauros to play Gandalf, Leader of Men. If that isn’t cool, then AC is a newbie. Wink

Just caught this...the second Gandalf should be Leader of the Company, not Leader of Men. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:13 pm
Gandalf, Mithrandir and Gandalf, Greyhame would both make the deck illegal in Standard. For the love of the people, though, I shall add Mithrandir (I figue his high stats will be helpful later in the site path, especially on a double or triple move to site 9). I will also drop a copy of Leader of Men.

Should I, though, drop both copies of Leader of Men and make my starting fellowship 2 Huorns? I will let the voice of the people decide this, but I am inclined to 1 Leader of Men and 1 Huorn.

Thanks for the comments, guys; they are much appreciated! Cool
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:24 pm
No no no...I very much like starting with a Huorn and Leader of Men. That part’s really neat. Smile I just thought the other Leader of Men in the deck could be dropped in favor of something more useful, like another Leader of the Company or Mithrandir.

Oh, and Standard, Schmandard. Razz I see your point, so perhaps you could add Mithrandir at the bottom of the article as an optional replacement for the third Leader of the Company.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 pm
I dropped a copy of Leader of Men, and kept the Huorn / Leader of Men starting fellowship. So, I have 2 spots left for Gandalf; should I use Leader of the Company, Mithrandir, or Greyhame? I am inclined to go with Mithrandir, because his strength could really come in handy later in the site path. Smile
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I dropped a copy of Leader of Men, and kept the Huorn / Leader of Men starting fellowship. So, I have 2 spots left for Gandalf; should I use Leader of the Company, Mithrandir, or Greyhame? I am inclined to go with Mithrandir, because his strength could really come in handy later in the site path. Smile

Agreed. Mithrandir would be my top choice as well, but only with at least one copy of Leader of the Company thrown in as well. LotC is a better, safer choice overall, but Mithrandir could be huge if you wait to play him until late in region 2 and especially if you can wait until region 3. And if it isn’t working out that way, just use Mithrandir for discarding/healing/whatever and use your fallback plan: LotC.

In addition to the starting Leader of Men, how many other Gandalfs do you want? 2 or 3? If 2, I’d go one LotC and one Mithrandir. If 3, I’d add a second LotC.

But that’s just me. I am but one simple reviewer.

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm
I am partial to a 1 LoM / 2 LoC / 1 Mithrandir split. If LoC was already in play and you got him in hand, you could easily discard him with Woodland Onod or Glamdring, Orc Beater. Any opinions on the Gandalf lineup? Smile
corvus
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:44 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
If you add Mithrandir i want you to add 4 roll of thunder and 4 deep in thought! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’d propose keeping it standard and maybe adding one copy of returned to get the Glamdring. In fact, that’s a great idea, i’m a genious... Mr. Green Confused Mr. Green
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:48 pm
How about a 1 M / 1 LoC / 1 LoM / 1 R split? Think
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMO mithrandir isn’t that necessary.
what about greyhame?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:00 pm
As I have said earlier, I am partial to Mithrandir because of his high strength. Plus, I’m not trying to grab companions from the discard pile; I’m just looking to get rid of them as quickly as possible to make the deck cycle as well as possible to due to its size. IMO. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest