LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 am
I dont know about that, Frodo, Courteous Halfling says that Shadow cards cannot discard cards from hand or from the draw deck, not Shadow players. That would seem to imply that he can prevent said cards from working.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:31 am
Yeah, good point. i think TheJord is right, it stopps the cards from working.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:33 pm
I’m pretty sure there was a question over this before, and Frodo doesn’t stop those shadow cards, since it forces the free peoples player to discard cards. Other shadow cards simply discard cards, and those would be stopped.

The difference in wording makes all the difference.

And besides, I could argue that since Desperate Defense of the Ring couldn’t make the free peoples player discard cards, then they’d HAVE to add burdens. But I know that’s not how it works.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
TheJord
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 pm
No I am pretty sure that if it says Shadow cards can not discard cards that would mean all Shadow cards, this doesnt seem to difficult to understand to me.

I do agree with elf lvr on the Desperate Defence of the Ring, Frodo, Courteous Halfling would force you to add the burden. That is a published rule in the comprehensive rules that if one action prevents a variable action (ie something with 2 possible outcomes) the other one activates automatically. The example Decipher use is if a shadow player plays Morgul Destroyer and the FP chooses to wound the RB then prevents it with a card such as Sapling of the White Tree, then the FP has to add 2 threats.

But back to the point, Frodo, Courteous Halfling prevents any cards that a Shadow player ues from discarding cards. Period. It may activate other unfortunate events... burdens, threats etc... but absolutely no shadow cards can discard cards.

I await a possible humbling when someone quotes the rulebook on this.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:06 am
Nice article, mm. Smile Even with Gloin, Son of Groin, cycling looks tough. Your paragraphs could be broken up a little more, but otherwise, a well written article! I give it a 4. Applause
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am
thanks for the vote AP. the reason the deck is so big is because the shadow side relys heavily on discarding cards from hand.

-mm
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 am
True, but setting up early is also an issue. If your opponent’s fellowship can get beefed early (Dwarves, etc.), double-moving would be an easy decision, especially if the Gothmog bomb wasn’t setting up well, due to poor drawing or cycling. Smile
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if you paired it with say... the dwarven cycle engine it could probably work.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:20 pm
Neat article, nice to see more on Sauron beseigers, especially wounding I like. Will think a while and read more before voting. Smile
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:58 am
any more comments or votes?
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest