LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:36 pm
good topic. and good overview of cards, but isn’t site manipulation any sort of messing with sites? like laying the next one, replacing the current one, traveled leader changing any in current region.

i don’t know if a decklist really fits into this article. not every article needs a decklist.

the biggest problem i have with this article is that you say "As you can see, Sites do put a whole new dimension on the LOTR cards. Just remember, whatever build your are working with, site manipulation can be an option if your cards really rely around them."

this is an excellent conclusion, but in the beginning, you don’t convince the reader of how important they are before you start looking at the cards. i think site manipulation is incredibly powerful in a subtle way, it can really mess up decks that rely on certain sites, but your goal is not to appeal to people who already think site manipulation is important, but rather, your goal is to convince every reader that it is important, and show them ways to use it. you did a good job showing, by reviewing each card, but it really isn’t convincing.

overall, good article, and a 4 from macheteman.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 pm
NBarden wrote:

EDIT: Okay, I read through it. Anduril is an artifact, not a possession. Also, it plays sites 3 and 6, the sanctuaries. Also, a Shadow section mentioning Nelya and some other cards like that would be nice.

What do you mean by playing sites 3 and 6? It says to play the Fellowship’s site 2 and 5. Please tell me what you mean.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:23 pm
Yeah, I guess you’re right. I didn’t think about that. d'oh!

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I knew there was something I forgot to mention when I reviewed this.
good catch NB.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:02 pm
Glamdring wrote:
Switching is called replacing a site. I am discussing site Manipulation.

Actually, Site Manipulation includes all forms of playing sites and replacing sites on the adventure path, so card like Nelya ought to be included in this article.

Right now the article looks like a 3, but with proper editing (Nelya MUST be included!) it could jump up to a 4 or 5.

- AC

P.S. Oh, and Anduril, Flame of the West plays sites 3 & 6. It says that if you are at any site 2 or 5, play the next site (which would be site 3 if you are at site 2, and site 6 if you are at site 5).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:39 pm
Oh, I guess I didn’t know that. Thanks for the tip AC!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest