LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

21%
  [ 4 ]  21%

1 (Worst)  
73%
  [ 14 ]  73%

Total Votes : 19
scope491
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 am
--- description ---
Tips for using Dwarves and Elves together.
--- end description ---

Ok, as you may have noticed my title suggestes that DWARVES and ELVES were friends/allys. But in reallity they were not allys but they hated the other race. The reason why I named my essay this is because DWARVES and ELVES work [u]extremely[/u] well. Legolas(elven comrade) and Gimli(unbidden guest) are probably your best bet for Gimli and Legolas. Legolas can exert himself to make a minion skirmishing an unbound companion strength -1(or -2 if that companion is Gimli) and Gimli: exert him to make an unbound companion +1(or +2 if that companion is Legolas). There are also other cards, but that would take days to type. Uri is also a good card too have in your deck. Your best Elf is probably Halidir if you dont allow people to control sights, and if you do you should go with Balglin. Well, I hope this helps. And the most important part.......... the bows. If you get bows for you elves you can hurt the minions once(obviously) so there health is down. Then the DWARVES can use there DAMAGE +1 to kill the minions.

scope491 :
Last edited by scope491 on Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:06 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
this is not a really indepth article, it just says dwares and elves work well together. and then you name a few cards that work with each other. if you were to talk more about the dwarven, and elven cards that work well together, and give a stratagy, it would b ea better article. you just scrape the serface of why the elves work well with dwarves.
Earthshaker
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:11 pm
From a contest article I expect a little more then naming some companions.

Answers to questions like: "Why Legolas, (elven comrade) and not with woodland emissary ?

I know producing an article can cost a lot of sweat but to say; "there are also other cards". is in my opinion not the way to go.

That's why I voted a 2. Confused
Cobra
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:51 pm
Hardly an article, but I'll leave it here because I have some suggestions. Cool

Obviously the big issue is length (or rather, depth). Take a look at the top-rated articles here to get some idea of what our players expect. There's TONS of stuff to be said about Elves and Dwarves, from Shoulder to Shoulder archery back in 2001 to the My Axe Is Notched / Final Count combo to the Three Hunters deck about to be released. Give us more!

Also, most people would disagree with your card choices in terms of pure power. (Compare Haldir and Balglin with Glorfindel and Gil-galad, for example.) However, you could definitely take the "budget deck" approach -- tell us how to build the best possible Dwarf/Elf deck with no rares, to beat all other no-rare decks. Smile

If you do decide to write a more in-depth article, feel free to make a new post so people can update their ratings.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:11 am
I am sorry, but this article offends me. With its lack of depth. I love elves. Love them. LOVE. THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS SAY SOMETHING. if you have nothing to post, better to not post at all. I will admit my articles aren’t great either... Embarassed but still. There are millions of dwarf/elf combo cards and you mentioned like 3. I know you can do better than this. However, I would love to hear an article about this. I don’t think anyone else has gone into it much... and new subjects are the usual winners!
Chang
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:58 am
hey, good start. but like the others said give it some more depth. give us a deck with it. give it some gusto and write a winner. the least we’ll do is say, good try, here how to improve.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
sperzdechly
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:50 am
Read some other articles on this forum, lately there been posted two about Elves and Dwarves working together - try to learn something from them.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
a paragraph no decklist no indeph strategy. you get a 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Umm....I’d really like something thorough...that didn’t feel like a real article at all. It was just a short paragraph. You mentioned a classic Elf-Dwarf Combo, gave a vague explanation of why elves and dwarves work together, and that was all. Please be way more in-depth.

I’ll give you another chance to expand the article. Otherwise, it would get a 1 from me.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:49 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
This is no doubt the worst article I have ever seem.
Icredibly short with hardly any good or useful info and barely explores the topic. Also you didn’t even get some of teh formatting to work.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest