LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
44%
  [ 4 ]  44%

22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

33%
  [ 3 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 9
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:05 pm
--- description ---
A major overview on the Ringwraith Culture.
--- end description ---
Welcome to my Wraith article! Here, I will mainly discuss my favorite shadow culture, Ringwraith, the one I use most for deck-building.

If you find it difficult to navigate (you probably won’t) just use the find tool (CTRL+F) to jump to where you want to.

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Why Wraith ?
3. Decklists
3.1. Corruption and Burdens
3.1.1. The Revised Twilight Nazgûl
3.1.1.1. How to Beat it
3.1.2. Turbo-Force Corruption
3.1.2.1. How to Beat it
3.1.3. The Time of Corruption
3.1.3.1. How to Beat it
3.2. Wounds and Threats
3.2.1. Old School Nazgûl
3.2.1.1. How to Beat it
3.2.2. Morgul Orcs: Wounds on the Ring-bearer
3.2.2.1. How to Beat it
3.2.3. Gothmog Archery
3.2.3.1. How to Beat it
3.2.4. Forest Nazgûl
3.2.4.1. How to Beat it
4. Keep Experimenting!
4.1. The Rule of 5
4.2. Wounds/Exertions
4.3. Threats
4.4. Burdens
5. Conclusion
6. Special Thanks

1. Introduction
Ever since the old days of Fellowship block, no culture has roused more fear into your opponent than the very mention of the names "Nazgûl", and since the RotK release, "Morcs". For a good reason, too. Using Burdens, wounds, and serious Beatdown/Skirmishing power, Wraiths have won an huge amount of tournaments past, and still are. Here I will discuss most, if not all, the possible types of Wraith decks that exist.

2. Why Wraith ?

First off, the Wraith culture and Gollum are the only traditional shadow cultures that are not becoming obsolete, meaning, having a new, broader culture replace it. The classic cultures Moria, Sauron, Dunland, Raider, Isengard are now sitting in their dead "box" with nothing or very little changes happening to them.

This introduces some huge gaming possibilities with Wraith! Since every set now released (Rise of Saruman just recently) adds to this culture, it just gets better and better. It is the largest, and most extensive shadow culture that currently exists, and is still going strong!

3. Decklists

Here I included some example decklists (most of which designed by me, a couple designed by others, see the Special Thanks section).
3.1. Corruption and Burdens

Corruption, especially in Wraith, has been very attractive strategy for many players to use. Burden strategies aren’t as viable to use as wounding, but are very fun to use, and have the ability to take anyone by surprise.

3.1.1. The Revised Twilight Nazgûl, 40 cards

This build is brutal, wounding the ring-bearer, dumping on burdens, and wounding him more. This is a great rendition of the original Fellowship Block Twilight Nazgûl.

18 Minions:
4 The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgûl
4 Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
4 Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
4 Morgul Brute
2 Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin

4 Possessions:
4 Nazgûl Sword

10 Conditions:
4 Drawn to Its Power
2 His Terrible Servants
4 In the Ringwraith’s Wake

8 Events:
4 Resistance Becomes Unbearable
4 Wraith-World

This build puts its entire focus on either killing or corrupting the Ring-bearer. Play a couple of Nazgûl, play a Morgul Brute, Resistance becomes unbearable forces him to put on the Ring, then a Witch-King winning a skirmish with a sword, or Wraith-world will finish him off. Not too difficult to play! Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin is a killer, especially because he’s fierce, and with a sword is really cool. If a companion dies, they have to watch out for In the Ringwraith’s wake!

3.1.1.1. How to beat it
Needless to say, archery is a big problem, as the Nazgûl that exert themselves to death are vulnerable to wounding, although His Terrible Servants helps out some. Choking is another problem, because it is already difficult to play the more expensive Nazgûl.

3.1.2. Turbo-Force Corruption, 35 Cards

Adding burdens with brute force, this deck can easily add up to 5 burdens at one site, when set up right. It recycles events, manipulates sites, and could give you an easy win by site 6!

20 Minions:
4 Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One
4 Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
4 Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One
3 Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow
3 Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders
2 The Mouth of Sauron, Lieutenant of Barad-dur

2 Possessions:
2 Ithil Stone

4 Conditions:
4 Sense of Obligation

10 Events:
4 Keening Wail
4 Between Nazgul and Prey
2 Dark Swooping Shadows

Suggested Sites:
0 Courtyard Parapet
0 Woody-end

This deck uses the cards Ulaire Enquea, thrall of the one, Sense of obligation, and keening Wail to add a lot of burdens. Most the Nazgûl are enduring, and you exert them a lot with Keening wail and Witch-king.

They will have to be very wary on who to assign to, thanks to Sense of Obligation, and Between Nazgul and prey, and also the Mouth of Sauron. That’s it in a nutshell.

3.1.2.1. How to beat it

Condition-discard will weaken this deck pretty bad, though you may be able to pull it off if you add enough burdens with Enquea, and Between Nazgul and prey. In addition, cards that prevent you from using the skirmish special abilities would really hurt, (i.e. Concealment).

3.1.3. The One and Only Auto-Corruption, 36 cards

This deck is the awesome example of the only attainable infinite combo in expanded format (so far). It deserves the name, “Auto-Corrupt”, because once a certain condition is reached, corruption is inevitable.

16 Minions:
3 Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One
2 Ulaire Cantea, Thrall of the One
2 Ulaire Nelya, Thrall of the One
2 Ulaire Lemenya, Thrall of the One
2 The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Riders
2 Morgul Squealer
2 Morgul Skulker
1 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul

2 Artifacts:
2 Ring of Rancor

2 Possessions:
2 Shadowy Mount

8 Conditions:
4 Lingering Shadow
4 Gates of the Dead City

8 Events:
4 Dark Fell About Him
2 Keening Wail
2 Dark Swooping Shadows

Suggested Sites:
Courtyard Parapet
Neekerbreeker’s Bog

This deck utilizes the ever-popular combo Gates of the Dead City + Dark fell about him for an extremely wicked effect. First, it goes for exhausting a companion or two during the beginning of the game with Gates of the Dead city. This is easy with all the burden-adding cards such as Keening Wail, Dark Swooping Shadows, and Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One.

Then, Once the Fellowship reaches region 2, the fun begins! He is immediately bombed with Dark fell about him, made even more broken with Lingering Shadow on that exhausted companion, and he’ll have to continually exert the companion you’re healing, making an infinite combo.

3.1.3.1. How to beat it

If they can find some way to discard your minions before the regroup, it’s a good chance this deck will fail. Ithilien Blade, Steadfast Champion, Dismay our enemies, etc. Directed wounding will have a good shot, rather than just archery, denying you to place the wounds.

3.2. Wounds and Threats

Wounds and threats are less “radical” than corruption decks, as they can adapt to changes during gameplay easier, and generally more versatile than burdens. A good Wraith wounding deck has several options to try, making them really adaptable and are more all-purpose.

3.2.1. Old School Nazgûl, 40 Cards

Back in the days of Fellowship Block, this was a very popular and powerful deck (and still is), that won an insane amount of tournaments. It only plays 1-2 Nazgûl per shadow, and kills companions off with the powerful Blade tip + Black breath Combo.

18 Minions:
4 The Witch-king, Lord of Angmar
3 Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul
2 Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur
2 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
2 Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur

9 Possessions:
4 Nazgûl Sword
3 Morgul Blade
2 The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame

12 Conditions:
4 Blade Tip
4 Black Breath
3 Drawn to its Power
1 Wreathed in Shadow

In spite of its age, this deck can still pack a punch, maybe even win an expanded format Tournament! It uses the powerful combination of conditions, Blade Tip and Black Breath, to get rid of choice companions. Burdens are exploited to a small extent for some powerful effects. Nelya is really powerful with only two burdens, the Swords start to kick in when it reaches three, when it goes up to four, Toldea begins to eat companions, and finally if the burden count reaches five, Enquea goes crazy.

3.2.1.1. How to beat it

Anything with powerful Condition Discarding will have a good chance beating this deck (i.e. Kingsfoil, Pallando, Grown suddenly tall). Decks packing major wounding cards such as Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien really put some dents into this build, as wreathed in shadows can only reduce the archery total. Large companions aren’t too hard to beat, but not being able to win as many skirmishes will prevent blade tip from activating (why we have Morgul Blade, don’t we?).

3.2.2. Morgul Orcs: Wounds on the Ring-bearer, 34 Cards

This deck packs a large concentration of cheap minions and uses mainly threats, wounds, and some burdens to exhaust companions, and then goes for the kill with some strong, fierce, Nazgûl.

29 Minions:
3 The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
4 Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
4 Morgul Brute
4 Morgul Destroyer
4 Morgul Spearman
2 Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders
2 Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening
1 Ulaire Otsea, seventh of the Nine Riders
1 Ulaire Attea, Thrall of the One
1 Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
1 Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds
1 Morgul Squealer
1 Gollum, Dark as Darkness

2 Conditions:
1 Flung Into the Fray
1 Out of Sight and Shot

3 Events:
3 Captured by the Ring

Suggested Sites:
0 Woody-end
0 Buckland Homestead
1 Neekerbreeker’s Bog
1 City Gates

This is one of, if not the, most powerful Wraith deck. Usually you can’t go to a single tournament without seeing this deck, or a very similar version. When considering a new Free Peoples side, everyone is forced to consider how it will perform against Morcs and Nazgûl, because it will be one of the most common match-ups you’ll play against.

This deck is so powerful because it puts its threats and exertions to good use. The classic Ulaire Cantea, faster than winds is very deadly against builds packing powerful possessions. If they were foolish enough to bid at least three burdens, Nelya recycling Neekerbreeker’s bog will almost all the time ensure an easy win. If things aren’t going right, preparing a quick swarm with cheap minions is relatively easy to execute with Woody-end, Flung Into the Fray, Out of sight and shot, Morgul squealer, etc.

3.2.2.1. How to beat it
I really don’t know what could beat this build, because I have never yet lost with it. Getting some really bad hands can hurt, and some super-strong companions (Durin III, Ents) could be a slight problem.

3.2.3. Gothmog Archery, 34 Cards

The ever-popular Morc Archery deck is really tough to play against (I know from experience). This kind of build uses the traditional Gollum, Dark as Darkness splash to strategically get rid of the Pincushion Frodo by exerting him, and then they have to place the arrows on the important fighting companions, and then a little skirmishing power will go for the kill against whoever is still surviving.

22 Minions
2 Gothmog, Morgul Commander
4 Morgul Ambusher
4 Morgul Creeper
4 Morgul Lurker
2 Ulaire Cantea, Faster than Winds
2 Gorbag, Covetous Captain
2 Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders
1 Morgul Squealer
1 Gollum, Dark as Darkness

8 Conditions:
4 Streaming to the Field
2 Flung into the Fray
1 Fat One Wants it
1 Heavy Burden

4 Events:
4 Captured by the Ring

Suggested Sites:
0 Courtyard Parapet
0 Anduin Banks
1 Neekerbreeker’s Bog
1 City Gates

The basic Morc archery goes all out to max the threats, get initiative with Streaming to the field, and shoot, shoot, shoot. Anduin banks and Neekerbreeker’s Bog definitely goes well with this deck, to give a few more wounds out. As I mentioned, Gollum exerts the Ring-bearer, preventing the dreaded pincushion, and plus Gorbag, covetous Captain provides some extremely powerful skirmish-power.

3.2.3.1. How to beat it

Heavy condition discarding will bring this deck to its knees. Without Streaming to the field, or flung into the fray, it can’t do much. Bad hands hurt a lot, as it needs to set up early, to begin the archery bombs.

Also, fellowship that heal like crazy (Sudden Fury Hobbits w/ Fates Entwined) or huge tank companions that have a lot of vitality (i.e. Ents) could smash this deck easily.

3.2.4. Forest Nazgûl, 33 Cards
This deck gained enormous popularity within a very short time since the release of shadows and Black Rider, introducing into gameplay a new Wraith strategy. This kind of deck focuses on making your Nazgûl huge strengthwise and able to win every skirmish; also bringing to the table more Nazgûl than your opponent can handle, and some major recycling, and powerful sitepath manipulation.

18 Minions:
3 The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
4 Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow
3 Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
1 Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
1 Ulaire Nertea, Thrall of the One
1 Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One
2 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
2 Black Rider
1 Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders
1 Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion

2 Possessions:
2 The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame

11 Conditions:
4 Lost in the Woods
2 Hatred Stirred
1 Flung Into the Fray
2 Sauron’s Gaze
2 Out of Sight and Shot

3 Events:
4 Dark Approach

Suggested Adventure Path:
0 Buckland Homestead
0 Woody-end
0 The Angle
1 Neekerbreeker’s Bog
1 Hill of Sight

One of the most fun Wraith decks to play with, every turn you dump on them hordes of Nazgûl (made very cheap with Dark Approach). Lost in the woods make your Nazgûl very strong, and Sauron’s Gaze prevents them from using special abilities, helping your Nazgûl to win almost every single skirmish.

Winning fierce skirmishes triggers hatred stirred, enabling you to shuffle any Wraith card from your discard pile into your deck. And everyone’s fierce, so getting 4-7 wounds on your opponent each turn is not that difficult.

3.2.4.1. How to beat it

This deck is enormously dependant on keeping forest sites on the path, so cards preventing you from replacing sites will hurt, like Mount Doom, and rival site control/manipulation decks will hurt. (Think about it, someone using a site Control Uruk-hai deck for the shadow, could really punch a hole in the strategy) Also, this build has no defense against direct wounding/archery cards like Shadowplay, ranger’s bow, Double Shot, Eowyn, etc. Fellowships that use forest sites for powerful effects (i.e. Faramir’s Sword, Habits of Home) will also be a good bet.

4. Building your Wraith Deck

Sure, I composed a list for almost every single type of Ringwraith deck that exists. But what about "One of a Kind" decks, where you want to go exploring or building a deck where no one else has gone before? Here are some groups of very useful cards, to think about when venturing into building a unique Wraith deck:

4.1. The Rule of 5

A well-built Wraith deck should always include a way to challenge fellowships with a large companion count. Having this ability is crucial, because at least half the decks you’ll be playing against will break the "rule of 5". Here are some good cards:

Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul - The most budget-friendly, most splashable card you can use in Wraith deck. Spotting 6 companions or five burdens means you can say bye-bye to almost any companion of your choice. In Open Format, it is not at all uncommon to see this card everywhere, since it can be splashed in any deck, no matter what you’re playing.

Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin - The "standard" way to control the companion count. This card is somewhat easier to kill a companion with, as you don’t need to exert 3+ times to kill. Simply enough, survive to the skirmish, spot 6 companions and another Wraith card, an instant kill.

Unending Life - Having multiple copies of the card out (and spotting over five companions), can instantaneously make all your Nazgûl "explode". Plus the "discard to heal" ability is cool, needlessly to say.

4.2. Wounds/Exertions

To tell you the truth, wounds are my favorite Wraith strategy. Although I don’t usually use the old Fellowship cards, I have other ways of hurting them, like a Nelya engine recycling Neekerbreeker’s Bog, or just at the right time bomb him with Anduin Banks. Threats work wonders when mixed in with this strategy, since if someone dies, there go five wounds on all their exhausted companions.

Blade Tip - A transferable card, often used with its counterpart, Black Breath for a fatal blow that is very hard to survive. Would really complement wounding strategies, as 1 wound per turn is devastating.

Black Breath - I said above that this card is mostly used with Blade Tip. Another “transfer from your support area” card, it prevents wounds from being removed from the companion that bears it, and blade tip jacks up the wounds. Even if your opponent packs condition removal, it’s still often difficult for him to undo the damage already done.

Gates of the Dead City - I have been lately really interested in utilizing this card in my decks, partly because it is the exact opposite of Shire Countryside, and can be used for some extremely brutal combos (like the decklist I showed for it above). If used with burden-adding cards, you can quickly exhaust all their companions before the skirmish phase, and then go for the kill. Also I have to mention that this is, most of the time, an infinite combo with Dark fell about him which should be considered.

Flung Into the Fray - This is, in my opinion, one of the most awesome Wraith cards that has ever existed, and should be included in most, if not every, Ringwraith deck. Every regroup phase, stack your favorite Nazgûl (or Wraith Orc) on this condition, and every shadow, play him back! Plus, the ability to exert any companion you choose is impossible to ignore.

Ulaire Enquea, Sixth of the Nine Riders - Nazgûl are relatively expensive to bring out onto the table, so spotting two Nazgûl to use this card’s special text will be difficult, unless you’re playing against blowout fellowships. Even then, this wraith is very worthwhile to include in your deck.

4.3. Threats

When used correctly, threats can make your Wraith deck very powerful. Threats are cool to use, as they are potential wounds if someone gets killed. In addition you can get a lot of special bonuses by either spotting or removing them.

Ulaire Cantea, Faster than Winds - Any Wraith deck that uses threats should include at least one copy of this card. He provides the ability to add threats when you play him, and during the maneuver phase remove them to discard pesky possessions.

Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally threatening - Again, a really good threat-adding card. With a cost of 4, this card is really easy to put out on the table, and does not require you to spot anything. Unlike Ulaire Cantea, faster than Winds, he removes 1 to add a threat for each culture you can spot, rather than depending on the number of companions in play, so it’s almost always a guarantee to get at least one threat out.

The Witch-king, Morgul King - This is a must-have for decks putting complete force on threats. He has the ability to take back any Wraith card when you play him, plus denying pincushion Frodo the threat wounds is just brutal.

Ghastly Host - This card can help you get more Nazgûl out on the table. It costs just one threat to reduce the twilight cost of a Nazgûl by 2.

Morgul Destroyer - This cheap minion is ideal for either decks that take advantage of wounds on the ring-bearer, or threats, if your deck has the ability to add a lot of them. This card gives your opponent the option of adding two threats or wounding the ring-bearer,

Morgul Scimitar - This card is all for skirmish power! All you have to do is spot 5 threats (which is easy now because of all the threat adding cards), put it on a big, fierce Nazgûl, and steamroll the companions.

They Feel the Precious - Pretty basic, removes threats to prevent your Nazgûl from taking wounds. This card is really handy, making sure you can survive to at least the skirmish phase, and possibly regroup.

4.4. Burdens

With the release of the Black Rider Set came a host of burden-adding cards. This allowed for a lot of corruption opportunities to be experimented with, especially in combination with existing burdening strategies.

Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One - This card is the ultimate for modern burden-adding. As a skirmish action, you can heal him to add a burden, which can help you survive to the regroup easier. You just have to watch out for some scary cards like Eowyn, lady of Ithilien, Tolman Cotton, Farmer of Bywater.

Dark fell About Him - This is a great burden-adding card, provided that along with your corruption strategy you have ways to exhaust their companions. It is a regroup event, however, so make sure you’ll have enough twilight to play it (cost of 3), and are able to exert your Nazgûl twice. As I mentioned before, this is a terrific card to use in combination with Gates of the Dead City

Dark Swooping Shadows - Needless to say, a useful skirmish event, used to heal your enduring Nazgûl, and add a burden (or two threats).

Sense of Obligation - This is a condition you play on a companion, and is very useful as it makes the free peoples player think twice about who to assign minions to. At the end of the assignment phase, if they’ve made just one mistake on assigning, it’s going to be at least 1-3 burdens!

Keening Wail - This is an obviously good replacement for It wants to be found. It only requires you to spot a single Nazgûl to play it, but it has a toil 2 ability, letting you exert multiple Wraith minions to reduce its huge 7 twilight cost.

Drawn to its Power - If your Wraith corruption deck can kill companions during the skirmish phase easily, this card is great to experiment with. It’s not unique, so having multiples out in play could add a lot of burdens.

Dark Temptation - Another awesome burden card! This lets you, each time you play an Nazgûl, to convert two wounds on the Ring-bearer to a burden. This is a great addition to builds using lots of wounds on the Ring-bearer, like Morcs.

The Key to making your deck better is finding more cards that will compliment your strategy, in other words making every card work together for the same purpose.

What kind of deck should you use? It depends. It depends on what decks your opponents are running, and what you’re comfortable playing with. Know your build’s weaknesses, I can’t stress this enough. Be prepared! Remember that other players are smart, and will not overlook possiblities of losing to a particular strategy.

Remember that it takes patience and practice to make a winning deck. A good habit I recommend is taking notes on every game you play, recording the good and bad things you encounter each game, as well as how you died (or won, hopefully), etc.

5. Conclusion

Well, this concludes all of my work on this lengthy article. I hope it was as enjoyable for you to read through it as it was for me putting it together, and everyone reading this learned a lot. I wish you all good luck on building your Wraith decks!

6. Special Thanks

Here is a list of people I want to thank for helping me to put together this article.

Elf Lvr - For letting me borrow his Time of Corruption Deck.

Felipe Musco - For letting me borrow his Killer Nazgûl decklist from his Block Format: Only the Best Prevail! article. He also provided the formatting presented throughout the article, which I also give him credit for.

Macheteman - He let me use his Utterly Corrupt Corruption Combo for the article.

Nbarden - For introducing to us the Dark fell about Him + Gates of the dead city combo. It was because of him (and Macheteman) that I posted a decklist on it.

Connor Brace and Decipher - Don’t want to leave these guys out. I’m glad to have this great website and the awesome TCG.

You - For reading through this article.
Last edited by Celebrimbor on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in totalMy Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Glamdring
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:24 pm
Wow! You went through and explained the Wraith culture pretty thoroughly, and I enjoyed 99% of it.

EDIT: I would have give it a 5, but for some reason, CC wouldn’t let me give a vote.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:00 pm
i haven’t read the whole article yet, but i already noticed a couple problems concerning the decklists.

1. the twilight Nazgul deck is missing it wants to be found. that is a big problem, because that is the cheapest way to get the burdens early in the game. also, it is 40 cards. only a heavily cycling oriented nazgul deck should ever be that big, and you have no fell beast’s. i started out with a 45 card twilight nazgul deck with 4x fell beast, and i’ve had to reduce it to 35 cards with 2x fell beast to work properly. nazgul are generally unique, and cost too much to have a 40 card shadow deck without some major form of cycling.

2. your forest nazgul deck only has 3x dark approach. a forest nazgul deck ABSOLUTELY MUST have 4x dark approach.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:18 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
8 Conditions:
4 Drawn to its Power
2 His Terrible Servants

4 + 2 + 4 = 10. Eh?

Celebrimbor wrote:
3 Events:
3 Dark Approach

Forest Nazzies aren’t Forest Nazzies without 4 copies of Dark Approach. Speak to the hand

Plus, many of these decks are much too large to cycle properly and make the most of the cards in the decks. For example, the Old School Nazzies deck is 39 cards (even larger than the average Moria swarm deck). Shocked

Celebrimbor wrote:
3.1.1. The Revised Twilight Nazgûl, 40 cards

This build is brutal, wounding the ring-bearer, dumping on burdens, and wounding him more. This is a great rendition of the original Fellowship Block Twilight Nazgûl.

18 Minions:
4 The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgûl
4 Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
4 Morgul Brute
2 Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin

4 Possessions:
4 Nazgûl Sword

8 Conditions:
4 Drawn to its Power
2 His Terrible Servants

8 Events:
4 Resistance Becomes Unbearable
4 Wraith-world

Here, you say that the deck is 40 cards, yet 18 + 4 + 4 + 16 = 38. Eh?

I will read the article fully and vote later, but right now, it seems worthy of a high 3 or a low 4. Smile
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:29 pm
On your Blade Tip / Black Breath Nazzies, Where is Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight? Indispensable card.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm
In your turbo-force corruption deck (3.1.2.), you are missing The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders in the decklist. Thumbs Down
I had to put something here.
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:28 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well several problems in your Forestgul deck 1. Only 3 dark approach 2. hate to tell you this but usally 3+4+3+5+2+2 = 19 (this is for your minions) 3. in most situations, 4+2+1+2+3 = 12 not 8
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Pipeweed
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:06 am
You can’t run with 3 Dark Approach in a Forestgul deck!! You always need 4. This article could be touched up a bit, but I’m thinking of a high 3, because most of the decklists are very similar to most of us, and some have been discussed recently in the forums.

plus 3+4+3+5+2+2 = 19 (all the time)
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Glamdring wrote:
Wow! You went through and explained the Wraith culture pretty thoroughly, and I enjoyed 99% of it.

EDIT: I would have give it a 5, but for some reason, CC wouldn’t let me give a vote.

you have the same IP address probably.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm
It’s funny, first thing people notice are the errors! I’ll be editing them out, soon.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest