LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:54 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
reviving my dc set, all former posts have been changed, and re formatted, here’s a batch of elven cards

1●Bow of the Galadhrim, Mighty Weapon Elven
Possession - Ranged Weapon
Str +1,
Res +1
Bearer must be Legolas, Skirmish discard this possession and exert Legolas to discard a minion (or two minions if the first is a Nazgul)
R13

Maybe archery?

2 Council at Imladris Elven
Condition – Support Area
Each Elf gains Death Blow 2 discard this condition in the regroup phase if you cannot spot a minion.
C14

Um...odd title for the kind of card, maybe have something to do with the Attack on Helm’s Deep where Haldir dies, that would go with the death Blow concept.

2 Great Marksmanship Elven
Event – Maneuver
If you can spot more minions then companions, discard a minion until they are equal, after you have, wound an elf for each minion discarded
C15

Then. Not after you have.

4 ●Elrond, Ancient Lord of the Eldar Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 8,
Vit 4,
Res 8
Death Blow 2, at the start of each of your turns, spot another Elven companion to heal that companion, each elf is strength +1
R16

Powerful. Tone him down, like strength, maybe.

2 Elven Horse Elven
Possession – Mount
Str +2
Bearer must be an Elf. Maneuver Exert bearer to discard a minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
C17

So overpowered its not funny. Maybe exert bearer twice to discard a wounded minion in the archery phase?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:11 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
Ring The One Ring, From the Hand of Sauron
Str +1
Vit +1
Res +1
Assignment Add a Burden To wear The One Ring Until the Regroup Phase, each time the Ring-Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Skirmish Add a Burden to Wound Two Minions (Or One Minion Twice).
R1

I like this a lot! Reminds me of the new shadowfax and sting. But it should be more burdens (or something else as well) for taking a wound.

Ring The One Ring, Filled With Malice
Str +3,
Res -1
Skirmish Add A Burden To wear The One Ring Until the start of Regroup Phase, each time Bearer is about to take a wound, add a Burden.
Regroup Exert the Ring-Bearer twice to discard a minion.
U2

Doesn’t need to say ’until the start of the regroup phase’, that’s what ’until the regroup phase’ means. Very powerful.

Dwarven Axe-men Skill
1 Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each Dwarven Possession you spot (limit +3), And if at an Underground site, Damage +1.
C3

Now this is fine.

Dwarven And My Axe
3 Condition – Support Area
Toil 1 Each Dwarf bearing a weapon is strength +1
U4

I’m not sure. Compare this to Mountain Homestead. Unless there’s lots of possession discard in this set, I would consider raising the twilight cost of this card and/or making it unique.

Dwarven Axe of The Iron Hills
0 Possession – Hand Weapon
Str +2
Bearer Must Be a Dwarf. If you can spot another hand-weapon, bearer is strength +1.
C5

Should cost 1 - it’s better than Dwarven Axe.

Dwarven ●Dain, Of the Iron Hills
3 Companion,
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 7
Damage +1, Hunter 1, Death Blow 1, Each Dwarf is strength +1 for each companion with Death Blow you can spot (limit +3)
U6

Needs to be Dain Ironfoot, otherwise you’re inventing a new character. Also, I’d be a lot happier if his text was ’Dain Ironfoot is strength +1 for each Dwarf with Death Blow (limit +3)’, otherwise I think he’s too good.

Dwarven ●Durin III, Dwarven Ring-Master
4 Companion,
Str 8
Vit 4
Ringed Res 5
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves you may take a Dwarven card in hand from your discard pile (or two if you can spot a dwarf with Muster).
R7

THIS GUY IS INSANE! A strength 8 resistance 5 Ring-bearer! He’s going to kill you completely (unless you’re planning on no corruption whatsoever)! He should be less hard (the current Durin III has a base strength of 7) and have a built in resistance bonus like Gimli, Bearer of Grudges, maybe from Dwarves with Death Blow? Also, a Ring-bearer with Death Blow (without a Sam equivalent) is pretty useless, but I understand if you just want another guy with the keyword.

Dwarven ●Farin, Come from Afar
2 Companion,
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 7
Death Blow 1. While Farin is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai he is Strength +2. While Farin is skirmishing a man, he is Damage +1
U8

At least it’s a good version of Farin! I don’t think he really needs resistance 7, he’s good enough as it is.

Dwarven ●Gimli’s Battle Axe, Brought from the Lonely Mountain
1 Possession – Hand Weapon,
Str +2
Bearer must be Gimli. For each character with Death Blow you can spot, Gimli is strength +1 (limit +3). While you can spot three threats or two Hunter Companions, Gimli is Damage +1
R9

This card is too complicated and too powerful. I would give the card no base strength boost, then +1 strength for each Death Blow Dwarf (limit +3), then damage +1 for 2 Hunter dwarves, and raise its cost to 2.

Dwarven ●Gimli, Elf-Friend
2 Companion.
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 6
Damage +1. Death Blow 2. Skirmish If Gimli is about to be killed, exert 2 elf companions to cancel the skirmish, or if an elf is about to be overwhelmed, exert Gimli twice to cancel that skirmish.
R10

This card would be a lot cooler if, somehow, by saving the characters from being killed, you still triggered the death blow. Nice, nonetheless.

Dwarven ●Gimli, Skilled Axe-man
2 Companion,
Str 6
Vit 3
Res 6
Damage +1, Death Blow 1 if Gimli is bearing a Hand-Weapon, he is strength + 1 Skirmish Exert Gimli to make a companion strength +1 for each Hand-Weapon you can spot (limit +3).
C11

Cool, but his ability might need to be culturally enforced.

Dwarven Throwing Axe
1 Possession – Ranged Weapon
Str +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Discard this possession to add 1 to the fellowship archery total. Archery Exert bearer and discard this possession to discard a condition.
C12

This card is much better than Hand Axe. Adding to the archery should be an archery special ability, firstly, and for the second ability I’d be tempted to make the cost greater (say 2 exertions) as condition discard (certainly before the regroup phase) is not a Dwarven strength. Cool, though.

Str +1,
Res +1
Bearer must be Legolas, Skirmish discard this possession and exert Legolas to discard a minion (or two minions if the first is a Nazgul)
R13

I’d raise its cost to 2 and then take out the extra minion clause - it’s too good otherwise (unless you made it so that the minions you discard had to be unassigned (though, come to think of it, I suggest you do that anyway, or make it a regroup ability), or assigned to Legolas).

Condition – Support Area
Each Elf gains Death Blow 2 discard this condition in the regroup phase if you cannot spot a minion.
C14

Too expensive, unless there’s as much that plays off Elven death blow as there is Dwarven. If there isn’t, should cost 1 or 0, even - losing a guy is a big cost.

Event – Maneuver
If you can spot more minions then companions, discard a minion until they are equal, after you have, wound an elf for each minion discarded
C15

I like this one a lot, but currently you can use it for any free peoples culture and then not wound any elves if you can’t spot any. Needs to have a massive spotting requirement.

Companion - Elf
Str 8,
Vit 4,
Res 8
Death Blow 2, at the start of each of your turns, spot another Elven companion to heal that companion, each elf is strength +1
R16

Firstly, I’d consider removing ’Ancient’ from his subtitle. Secondly, with either one of the abilities he has, he would be an amazing card. Take one of them out (and if you keep the strength boost, make sure it’s OTHER elf, or take his strength down to 7 to compensate).

2 Elven Horse Elven
Possession – Mount
Str +2
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
C17

AAAH! OVERPOWERED! And a common! Compare this card to horse of rohan! Or Asfaloth! Get rid of the first ability (or make it much higher a cost), make the strength boost either less or apply only at plains (or forest) sites, and/or get rid of the exertion bit at the end.

A cool set of cards, though. GP, and I look forward to seeing more.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
reviving my dc set, all former posts have been changed, and re formatted, here’s a batch of elven cards

Str +1,
Res +1
R13
skirmish should have a colon after it. make it exert twice.

Condition – Support Area
C14
make it muster. no death blow.

Event – Maneuver
C15
nice

Companion - Elf
Str 8,
Vit 4,
Res 8
R16
way overpowered. make him cost 5 and have 1 less strength. also make it each OTHEr elf.

2 Elven Horse Elven
Possession – Mount
Str +2
C17

way overpowered cut the maneuver ability and make it each time it moves to an underground site discard it
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:00 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
Str +1,
Res +1
R13

The wording should be "or 2 minions if that minion is a Nazgul)." Smile

legoles3333 wrote:
Condition – Support Area
C14

Ouch! Make it unique. Thumbs Up

legoles3333 wrote:
Event – Maneuver
C15

Good, but the wording needs some editing. Instead of "after you have", put "Wound and Elf for each minion discarded in this way." Neat idea! Smile

legoles3333 wrote:
Companion - Elf
Str 8,
Vit 4,
Res 8
R16

I would drop it to death blow 1. Thumbs Up

legoles3333 wrote:
2 Elven Horse Elven
Possession – Mount
Str +2
C17

Way overpowered! A few exertions and there are no minions left! Shocked Drop the maneuver ability and the strength bonus, and give it a small resistance bonus. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Just thought of an awesome Elven Horse combo. Gil-Galad + Vilya + Aiglos = 6 dead minions. As a splash in an IB deck, I like.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:13 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
[quote="Thranduil"]
legoles3333 wrote:

Dwarven ●Durin III, Dwarven Ring-Master
4 Companion,
Str 8
Vit 4
Ringed Res 5
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves you may take a Dwarven card in hand from your discard pile (or two if you can spot a dwarf with Muster).
R7

THIS GUY IS INSANE! A strength 8 resistance 5 Ring-bearer! He’s going to kill you completely (unless you’re planning on no corruption whatsoever)! He should be less hard (the current Durin III has a base strength of 7) and have a built in resistance bonus like Gimli, Bearer of Grudges, maybe from Dwarves with Death Blow? Also, a Ring-bearer with Death Blow (without a Sam equivalent) is pretty useless, but I understand if you just want another guy with the keyword.

Thranduil

changed his strength and Res to 7, and his ability says IF he’s the Ring-Beraer
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:20 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
some changes made! GP to all!

2 Galadhrim Bow Elven
Possession – Ranged Weapon
Str + 1
Bearer must be an elf. While at a forest bearer is an Archer. Archery Exert Bearer twice to discard a minion (or 2 roaming minions).
U18

5 ●Gil-galad, Last King of the Elves Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 9,
Vit 4,
Ringed Res 7
Death Blow 4, Maneuver if Gil-Galad is the Ring-Bearer exert him to discard a minion (or 2 minions if the fellowship is in region 1)(limit once per phase). Each time the fellowship moves, wound Gil-galad twice or two other elves
R19

2 ●Haldir, Elven Leader Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Death Blow 2, Maneuver, Exert Haldir twice to discard a minion, Skirmish Wound Haldir to exert a minion twice
U20

2 Host of Elves Elven
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship Play an elf from your draw deck, you must then exert X elves where X is the twilight cost of the played elf (limit once per turn).
U21

2 ●Legolas, Deadly Archer Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Archer, Death Blow 1, While you can spot 2 other Elven Archers, the fellowship archery total is +1 Skirmish, if a Elven Skirmish event is played, exert Legolas to exert a minion.
U22
Last edited by legoles3333 on Wed May 09, 2007 5:34 pm; edited 4 times in totalHere's My Trade List
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 am
legoles3333 wrote:
some changes made! GP to all!

2 Galadhrim Bow Elven
Str + 1
Bearer must be an elf. While at a forest bearer is an Archer. Archery Exert Bearer twice to discard a minion (or 2 roaming minions).
U18

Kinda overpowered. Cut the strength boost and make the fellowship archery total -1 for the ability, cut the two roaming minions and make it trigger only at forests.

Companion - Elf
Str 9,
Vit 5,
Ringed Res 7
Death Blow 4, Maneuver if Gil-Galad is the Ring-Bearer exert him to discard a minion (or 2 minions if the fellowship is in region 1) Skirmish exert Gil-galad twice to make every other elf strength +2
R19

Needs a drawback

Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Death Blow 2, Hunter 1, Maneuver, Exert Haldir twice to discard a minion, Skirmish Wound Haldir to exert a minion twice
U20

Also OP. I would make it at a forest site. I like how you can wound him, I’d use him as a suicide bomber to activate his death blow after exerting a bunch of minions.

2 Host of Elves Elven
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship Play an elf from your draw deck, you must then exert X elves where X is the twilight cost of the played elf.
U21

Exert X elves to play an elf with from your draw deck with a twilight cost of X.

Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Archer, Death Blow 1, While you can spot 3 other Elven Companions, the fellowship archery total is +1 Skirmish, if a Elven Skirmish event is played, exert Legolas to wound a minion.
U22

Cool. Kinda OP, maybe exert to exert.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:07 pm
Sorry to keep going on about your Durin, but check out Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation. YOUR DURIN NEEDS A PHENOMENAL DRAWBACK, one as bad as Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms or Gandalf, or even worse.

legoles3333 wrote:
2 Galadhrim Bow Elven
Str + 1
U18

Don’t compare your discarding cards with Ithilien Blade, that is a card with an ability that should never appear often. Either take out the strength boost or take out the Archer, definitely take out the extra roaming minion, then make the discarding apply only at a forest site, and it would be a very powerful card.

Companion - Elf
Str 9,
Vit 5,
Ringed Res 7
Death Blow 4, Maneuver if Gil-Galad is the Ring-Bearer exert him to discard a minion (or 2 minions if the fellowship is in region 1) Skirmish exert Gil-galad twice to make every other elf strength +2
R19

I’ve made a similar point about Durin III, but I’m making it again. A ring-bearer with this guy’s stats is plain unfair! Firstly, both current Gil-Galads have vitality 4, not 5. Secondly, having both of those abilities is unbelievable, you should take out at least one if not both. Thirdly, give him another phenomenal drawback like the other alternate ring-bearers. Then he would be rock!

Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Death Blow 2, Hunter 1, Maneuver, Exert Haldir twice to discard a minion, Skirmish Wound Haldir to exert a minion twice
U20

Don’t throw hunter around so readily, remember that it effectively makes him a 2 cost 7/3/7 companion. He also needs cultural enforcement, otherwise he splashes into every deck, discards a minion and exerts another twice then goes straight to the dead pile. Skirmish ability works well with death blow. More of your death blow cards need texts like that.

2 Host of Elves Elven
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship Play an elf from your draw deck, you must then exert X elves where X is the twilight cost of the played elf.
U21

Very cool, but it needs to spot loads of elves to play it, and then it needs to be limited to once per turn.

Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Archer, Death Blow 1, While you can spot 3 other Elven Companions, the fellowship archery total is +1 Skirmish, if a Elven Skirmish event is played, exert Legolas to wound a minion.
U22

Take out the extra archery (compare to other legolas’, Legolas, Son of Thranduil, Legolas, Nimble Warrior and Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm). Make the skirmish ability wound a minion skirmishing legolas only. Cool otherwise.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:40 pm
edititd, Better?
Here's My Trade List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards