LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:50 pm
Much, but alternate (strong) Ring-bearers need drawbacks for using them. Look at the Isildur, Boromir, Faramir, Gandalf and Gimli ring-bearers, and all of them have a penalty, either for fighting, or for simply being. Durin III and Gil-Galad need big penalties.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:21 pm
Unless they are from T&D or course. Laughing
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
some changes made! GP to all!

2 Galadhrim Bow Elven
Possession – Ranged Weapon
Str + 1
Bearer must be an elf. While at a forest bearer is an Archer. Archery Exert Bearer twice to discard a minion (or 2 roaming minions).
U18
sure

5 ●Gil-galad, Last King of the Elves Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 9,
Vit 4,
Ringed Res 7
Death Blow 4, Maneuver if Gil-Galad is the Ring-Bearer exert him to discard a minion (or 2 minions if the fellowship is in region 1)
R19
what does DB do again?way OP. why not use him? he needs a big drawback.

2 ●Haldir, Elven Leader Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Death Blow 2, Maneuver, Exert Haldir twice to discard a minion, Skirmish Wound Haldir to exert a minion twice
U20
need a colon after skirmish. make the skirmish ability and add a threat.

2 Host of Elves Elven
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship Play an elf from your draw deck, you must then exert X elves where X is the twilight cost of the played elf (limit once per turn).
U21
hum...it works

2 ●Legolas, Deadly Archer Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 7
Archer, Death Blow 1, While you can spot 2 other Elven Archers, the fellowship archery total is +1 Skirmish, if a Elven Skirmish event is played, exert Legolas to exert a minion.
U22

cut death blow. oh you don’t need limit
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:50 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Thranduil wrote:
Much, but alternate (strong) Ring-bearers need drawbacks for using them. Look at the Isildur, Boromir, Faramir, Gandalf and Gimli ring-bearers, and all of them have a penalty, either for fighting, or for simply being. Durin III and Gil-Galad need big penalties.

Thranduil

ok added a drawback, any better? oh yeah Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:14 pm
Gil-Galad’s ability to discard minions during the maneuver is waaaay too powerful. Switch the phase to either regroup or put a limit on it.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm
Gil-Galad is much much better now! Good drawback, I like it! GP.
Now you need one for Durin III.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:32 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Tharundil: there is a drawback on durin
AKIE: made it limit once per phase
Here's My Trade List
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:01 am
No there isn’t.
legoles3333 wrote:
Dwarven ●Durin III, Dwarven Ring-Master
4 Companion,
Str 7
Vit 4
Ringed Res 7
Damage +1, Death Blow 3 If Durin is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves you may take a Dwarven card in hand from your discard pile then you must wound a companion
R7

That ability you have there is an amazing ability, with a justified high cost to balance it, it is not a drawback. A drawback would be, for example, ’At the start of each skirmish involving Durin III, wound 2 Dwarves or add 3 burdens.’ Note that there’s no good thing that you get out of it, only bad. (I’m also not saying that what I’ve just written is a good or a bad drawback, its just the first thing that came to my head).
I’d love to see another Dwarf ring-bearer, but as it is, there’s no reason to use Gimli with this card in play.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

legoles3333
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:55 pm
2 ●Legolas, Elven Marksman Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 8
Archer, Death Blow 2, Archery Exert Legolas and X Elven companions to discard a minion with vitality X.
R23

1 Lembas, Elven Food Elven
Possession
Bearer must be an Elf
Regroup Discard this possession to heal an elf twice.
C24

2 Speak no evil of the Lady Elven
Event – Maneuver
Exert an elf twice to discard a minion, or exert 2 elves to discard a condition
U25

3 The Last Homely House Elven
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1 Each Elf is Hunter 1. Discard this Condition at the start of the regroup phase.
C26
Last edited by legoles3333 on Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:57 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
2 ●Legolas, Elven Marksman Elven
Companion - Elf
Str 6,
Vit 3,
Res 8
Archer, Death Blow 2, Archery Exert 4 Elven Companions or exert Legolas and another Elven Companion twice to discard up to 2 minions.
R23

I think he’s too good, I would take out the first option and make it 1 minion.

1 Lembas, Elven Food Elven
Possession
Maneuver Exert Bearer or discard this Possession to discard a minion.
Regroup Discard this possession to heal an elf.
C24

Why is lembas discarding minions? With all the stuff exerting Elves and discarding minions already, I would take out the maneuver ability and leave the rest as it is though it does need something specifying who can bear it.

1 Speak no evil of the Lady Elven
Event – Maneuver
Exert an elf twice to discard a minion, or exert 2 elves to discard a possession or condition
U25

I would take out the possession discard, it is not a strength of the Elven culture, whereas (maneuver) condition discard is. Maybe raise its cost to 2?

3 The Last Homely House Elven
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1 Each Elf is Hunter 1. Discard this Condition at the start of the regroup phase.
C26

Why is the Last Homely House making people stronger? That sounds like something for the City of the Galadhrim or the caves in mirkwood. Cool card though.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards