LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:52 am
legoles3333 wrote:
Changes made GP to the both of you as soon as i can manage

0 ●Frodo, Halfling Wonder Shire
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Ring Res 10
While you can spot Sam, Frodo’s resistance +1. Fellowship Exert Frodo to play a Possession on him from your draw deck.
C70

Make it ’strength +1’ instead of resistance or lower his resistance to 9, 11 resistance seems a bit too weird to me. I’d also make the ability a Shire possession, especially if you change it to strength. Nice ideas.

2 ●Frodo, Bilbo’s Nephew Shire
Companion – Hobbit
Str 5
Vit 4
Res 7
You may play Frodo any time you could play a maneuver event. When you play Frodo spot Gandalf to remove a threat. Assignment Exert Frodo twice to play a companion.
R71

I’d switch these two subtitles, this one seems a lot more like a wanderer than the other. Also, I’d specify ’... play a companion from hand.’ I like it, but if you really want him to have strength 5 you’ll need to bring his resistance down to 5 or 6. Personally, I’d leave him at strength 3.

1 Jump! Shire
Event – Maneuver
Discard a Hobbit Companion to Discard a minion.
C72

I think you make cards that discard minions too early too readily. Maybe this card should be limited to certain sites and/or certain regions, and should probably have its cost increased to 2 at least. Nice title!

1 Hobbit Child Shire
Follower
Str +1
Aid 1
Bearer must be a hobbit. Skirmish Exert Bearer to make another hobbit strength +2
U73

Take out the original strength bonus and this is still really cool.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
Changes made GP to the both of you as soon as i can manage

Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Ring Res 10
While you can spot Sam, Frodo’s resistance +1. Fellowship Exert Frodo to play a Possession on him from your draw deck.
C70
make it shire possession and uncapitalize possession. cool

Companion – Hobbit
Str 5
Vit 4
Res 7
You may play Frodo any time you could play a maneuver event. When you play Frodo spot Gandalf to remove a threat. Assignment Exert Frodo twice to play a companion.
R71
should be you may spot gandalf to remove a threat. interesting...

1 Jump! Shire
Event – Maneuver
Discard a Hobbit Companion to Discard a minion.
C72
maybe discard a hobbit companion to discard a minion with strength X where X is that hobbits resistance + its vitality. that would be cool

1 Hobbit Child Shire
Follower
Str +1
Aid 1
Bearer must be a hobbit. Skirmish Exert Bearer to make another hobbit strength +2
U73

make it give a resistance boost of 2 and no strength boost for the permanent stats
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:16 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
changes made, next Shire batch coming tomorrow
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
A remark on Halfling Wonder...contractions in cards are generally a no-no...make it say "Frodo is..."
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:42 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Ring Res 10
While you can spot Sam, Frodo’s strength +1. Fellowship Exert Frodo to play a Shire possession on him from your draw deck.
C70

I’d change his Fellowship special ability to "At the start of the fellowship phase, exert..." He just seems he has the possibility to be overpowered, since he’s able to setup quickly, especially with The One Ring, The Ring of Doom! You play something on him (Most likely a hobbit sword), transfer it, exert to grab another, rinse-repeat.

legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 5
Vit 4
Res 7
You may play Frodo any time you could play a maneuver event. When you play Frodo you may spot Gandalf to remove a threat. Assignment Exert Frodo twice to play a companion.
R71

Make his Assignment action a Maneuver action.

legoles3333 wrote:
2 Jump! Shire
Event – Maneuver
Discard a Hobbit Companion and exert another Hobbit companion to Discard a minion.
C72

Ok I guess, might up the rarity to Uncommon.

legoles3333 wrote:
1 Hobbit Child Shire
Follower
Res +2
Aid 1
U73

Sure!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:38 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Next Shire cards

1 ●Merry, Mr. Brandybuck Shire
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Skirmish Exert Merry twice to cancel a skirmish involving another hobbit the Shadow player may wound a minion to prevent this. Regroup Exert Merry to heal another companion for each of the following you can spot, Frodo, Sam, Pippin.
U74

1 ●Pippin, Mischievous Took[Shire]
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Pippin is strength +2 for each Ring-Bound companion assigned to skirmish. Maneuver Exert Pippin twice to remove a burden.
U75

1 ●Red Book of West March, Bilbo’s Saga Shire
Possession
Res +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit. While Bearer is Bilbo, this possession is an Artifact
Fellowship or Regroup Exert Bearer to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing opponents site if nessecary).
R76

2 ●Rosie Cotton, Green Dragon Employee Shire
Str 3
Vit 3
Res 7
Sam is strength +2. at the Start of the Fellowship phase you may exert Rosie cotton to play a Shire condition from your draw deck. If Rosie Cotten is assigned to skirmish, wound two companions.
C77
Last edited by legoles3333 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:45 am; edited 4 times in totalHere's My Trade List
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 am
legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Skirmish Exert Merry to cancel involving another hobbit (except the Ring-Bearer). Regroup Exert Merry to heal another companion for each of the following you can spot, Frodo, Sam, Pippin.
U74

Cancel what, a skirmish? Way overpowered...remove the skirmish special ability...well you know what, in fact I’d suggest doing the card over.

legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Pippin is strength +2 for each Ring-Bound companion assigned to skirmish. Maneuver Exert Pippin twice to remove a burden.
U75

Ok good.

legoles3333 wrote:
0 ●Red Book of West March, Bilbo’s Story Shire
Possession
Res +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit. While Bearer is Bilbo, this possession is considered a Artifact
Fellowship or Regroup Exert Bearer to play the fellowship’s next site (limit once per turn)
R76

Finally, sitepath manipulation for Shire! Thumbs Up

legoles3333 wrote:
2 ●Rosie Cotton, Barmaid Shire
Str 3
Vit 3
Res 7
Sam is strength +2 Fellowship Exert Rosie cotton to play a condition from your draw deck.
C77

That name’s already taken. Razz I’d have her fellowship ability only pull Shire conditions, and I’d make it at the start of the fellowship phase.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:12 am
few changes made, better?
Here's My Trade List
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
Next Shire cards

Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Skirmish Exert Merry twice to cancel a skirmish involving another hobbit (except the Ring-Bearer). Regroup Exert Merry to heal another companion for each of the following you can spot, Frodo, Sam, Pippin.
U74

You don’t need the parentheses, it is now impossible to cancel a skirmish involving the Ring-bearer. Take his resistance down to 8. Cool card.

Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
U75

Compare to Merry, Loyal companion. I’d probably take his resistance down to 8 as well, but it’s very nice.

Possession
Res +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit. While Bearer is Bilbo, this possession is considered a Artifact
Fellowship or Regroup Exert Bearer to play the fellowship’s next site (limit once per turn)
R76

Can’t it have a better subtitle? Like Bilbo’s Legacy, or the Tale of the Great Ring or something. Weird thing on Bilbo. You probably need to specify it’s an artifact instead of a possession. Take it’s cost up to 1 or 2. Great ideas on that one. Oh yeah, compare to thror’s map.

Str 3
Vit 3
Res 7
Sam is strength +2. at the Start of the Fellowship phase you may exert Rosie cotton to play a Shire condition from your draw deck.
C77

I’d probably bring her resistance down to 6, but Foresight’s right about the ’at the start of the fellowship phase’ thing, you should change Frodo accordingly.

Good stuff.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
Next Shire cards

Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
Skirmish Exert Merry twice to cancel a skirmish involving another hobbit (except the Ring-Bearer). Regroup Exert Merry to heal another companion for each of the following you can spot, Frodo, Sam, Pippin.
U74
give the shadow a way to prevent the first ability

Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 9
U75
why not

Possession
Res +1
R76
I guess

Str 3
Vit 3
Res 7
Sam is strength +2. at the Start of the Fellowship phase you may exert Rosie cotton to play a Shire condition from your draw deck.
C77

cool it should have some drawback to being assigned
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards