LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:47 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
2 ●Sam, Charged by Gandalf Shire
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 10
Skirmish Exert Sam and spot X Ring-Bound hobbits to make the Ring-Bearer Strength +X.
Response If the Ring-Bearer is killed, exert Sam to make him the Ring-Bearer, he is resistance -5
U78

1 Tea for Two Shire
Event – Skirmish
For each hobbit you can spot, make another companion strength +1 (Limit +4)
U79

2 The Master Shire
Event – Fellowship
Exert 3 companions to play Tom Bombadil from your draw deck
C80

7 ●Tom Bombadil, From the Old Woods[Shire]
Companion – Maia
Str 12
Vit 4
Res 10
Tom Bombadil may not skirmish a minion with strength less then 10. Maneuver Exert Tom Bombadil and two other companions to ignore the first sentance of Tom Bombadil text Regroup Exert Tom Bombadil X times and spot X Ring-Bound Hobbits to Remove X Burdens
R81

1 Would You Like Some Eggs? Shire
Event – Fellowship
Exert a hobbit to play a Shire possession from your draw deck.
C82
Last edited by legoles3333 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:39 am
legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 10
Each other hobbit is strength +1. Fellowship Exert Sam to wound a minion. Skirmish Exert Sam and spot X hobbits to make the Ring-Bearer Strength +X.
Response If the Ring-Bearer is killed, exert Sam to make him the Ring-Bearer, he is resistance -5
U78

Unless I’ve completely missed something, his fellowship ability does absolutely nothing, unless they’re using that Gollum card that suspends the phase and plays Gollum. Really cool ideas, but this guy is just too powerful. Compare to sam, steadfast friend. Needs to cut two out of three of those abilities at least.

1 Tea for Two Shire
Event – Skirmish
For each hobbit you can spot, make another companion strength +1 (Limit +4)
U79

Overshadows many other Shire pumps (see incognito, halfling deftness, a marvel and sworn companion for examples). Maybe limit the hobbits to having resistance 7 or more, limit the site to dwellings or forests, or make a hobbit exert, and certainly make the pump only apply on hobbits.

2 The Master Shire
Event – Fellowship
C80

Fun.

5 ●Tom Bombadil, From the Old Woods[Shire]
Companion – Maia
Str 12
Vit 4
Ring Res 10
Tom Bombadil may not skirmish a minion with strength less then 10. If Tom Bombadil is the Ring-Bearer, ignore the first sentence of his text. Regroup Exert Tom Bombadil X times and spot X Ring-Bound Hobbits to Remove X Burdens
R81

I adamantly object to this card on both rules and stroyline levels. Let’s go for storyline first:
1) In the scene with Tom Bombadil (p130 of the Fellowship of the Ring, in my copy) this happens:

’Show me the precious ring!’ he suddenly said...
... Then Tom put the Ring round the end of his little finger and held it up to the candlelight... There was NO SIGN OF TOM DISAPPEARING.
Tom laughed again, and then he spun the Ring in the air - and it vanished in a flash...
... He [Frodo] was perhaps trifle annoyed with Tom for SEEMING TO MAKE SO LIGHT OF WHAT EVEN GANDALF THOUGHT SO PERILOUSLY IMPORTANT.’

The whole point of that scene is that the Ring has no effect whatsoever on Tom, and he couldn’t possibly be the Ring-bearer, because it’s not important to him.

2) Also, it’s very clear that Tom’s power only applies VERY NEAR his home. After you’re past the Barrow-Downs, Tom can’t help you, not ever. Making him even a companion, therefore, seems to me ridiculous.

Rules-wise now:
1) A STRENGTH 12 RING-BEARER WITH THE SAME RESISTANCE AS FRODO? WHAT IS THE POINT?
2) A Ring-bearer that can remove burdens so easily is crazy.
3) An ARB with no cultural specification whatsoever, this guy goes into EVERY SINGLE DECK simply because he’s strength 12.

All in all, I love Tom Bombadil, but I seriously object to him being a companion, and even more a Ring-bearer. He should be a follower or an ally like the one they printed.

2 Would You Like Some Eggs? Shire
Event – Fellowship
Exert a hobbit to play a possession from your draw deck.
C82

Shire possession. Fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Changed Bombadil a lot
Here's My Trade List
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am
Sorry for being so critical by the way, but I’m a serious purist!
He’s interesting, but I think I’d make no way for him to ignore his game text, then he’d be even more interesting to play with.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
Companion – Hobbit
Str 3
Vit 4
Res 10
Each other hobbit is strength +1. Skirmish Exert Sam and spot X hobbits to make the Ring-Bearer Strength +X.
U78
make it X ring-bound hobbits. and cut the first ability

2 The Master Shire
Event – Fellowship
C80
i guess

5 ●Tom Bombadil, From the Old Woods[Shire]
Companion – Maia
Str 12
Vit 4
Res 10
Tom Bombadil may not skirmish a minion with strength less then 10. Maneuver Exert Tom Bombadil and two other companions to ignore the first sentance of Tom Bombadil text Regroup Exert Tom Bombadil X times and spot X Ring-Bound Hobbits to Remove X Burdens
R81
sentence not sentance. I guess make him cost 6-7 since he is a companion

2 Would You Like Some Eggs? Shire
Event – Fellowship
Exert a hobbit to play a Shire possession from your draw deck.
C82

cool! cut cost to 0-1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:25 am
ok to keep my mind up while i work on shire, ill be spoiling my 10 premiums 2 at a time
Ok, Here’s a bunch cards

0 Frodo, First of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 10
Fellowship If you can spot 6 other fellowship companions, Minions cannot be assigned to skirmish Frodo by a shadow player.
P1

4 Gandalf, Second of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Wizard
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Gandalf to play the fellowship’s next site. Regroup: Exert Gandalf twice to discard a shadow card (limit once per turn)
P2
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 am; edited 3 times in totalHere's My Trade List
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
ok to keep my mind up while i work on shire, ill be spoiling my 10 premiums 2 at a time
Ok, Here’s a bunch cards

0 Frodo, First of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Hobbit
Strength 3
Vitality 4
Resistance 12
Fellowship If you can spot 8 other fellowship companions, Frodo cannot be assigned to skirmish by a shadow player.
P1
cool

4 Gandalf, Second of theNOLINK Nine Walkers
Companion - Wizard
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Fellowship or Regroup: Exert Gandalf to play the fellowship’s next site. Regroup: Exert Gandalf twice to discard a shadow card (except a Minion) (limit once per turn)
P2

cool! cut the except a minion.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:26 pm
editid, anyone else?
Here's My Trade List
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:41 pm
actually i think frodo’s text is worded wrong. u want minions cannot assigned to skirmish frodo by the shadow player. and cut the required number to 6
"DáinIronfoot"
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:52 pm
k here’s the next 2

4 Aragorn, Third of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship. Ranger. Assignment: Exert Aragorn and spot 3 other Fellowship companions to make Aragorn Defender +1. Regroup: Exert Aragorn to play the fellowship’s next site.
P3

2 Legolas, Fourth of the NineNOLINK Walkers
Companion - Elf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship. Archer. Archery: Exert Legolas and another Fellowship companion to wound a minion.
P4
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards