LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
100%
  [ 5 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
bandfreak9
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:14 pm
Well I personally would like to see the GW build.
Interesting Crovax plus the two anthems hmm I’m not really sure but I don’t like the idea of Crovax with a fast paced agro if you had an anthem out maybe but if its anything like selensia your gonna have some probs with Crovax, of course by the time you get it out in a agro build you will either have won or lost. Just wanna see what you’ll do with it can’t wait till tomorrow
Andre
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:21 am
Well I personally would like to see the GW build. 2
The First
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:54 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Hmmmm... FM, two remarks:

1) what are you doing?? From where do you get that initial card pool? Are those your cards, or... sealed, boosters,.... ??? And what are you trying to do? Make a constructed deck? Or limited (well this prolly depending of the previous answer)? Will you be buying cards to make the deck better afterwards? Confused

2) Should have reserved 2 (or 3?) more text boxes, bc the way your going now, you will not get everything in the first post. Sad

It is indeed a cool article, I just do not get the point right now Wink
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:32 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
It’s written in the introductory part. That pool is dzejkej’s collection, that he sent me last month to try a budget-ish deck out of it. Since it was huge, I decided to write an article/journal in the entire process of deckbuilding, since it helps limited play in many points and constructed play in others, all at once. But for clarifying:
1) It’s a Constructed, Standard deck that’ll emerge out of it.
2) Yeah, I’ll be adding cards to it later, based on the budget available.
3) Cobra extend the limit on the main post so I can fit the article there, and even if it doesn’t fit, I’ll just ask him to move the other post (if I need one) up to be right below the article, so don’t worry.
4) The point is to teach players ABUNCH ofthings, butin a spaced out fashion so they have time to absorb it. So, they have learned (and can ask questions, as I said before) about raw card evaluation and about making sometimes hard choices, which is good for Limited, but they also have learned about researching, and about finding better tools for the same task,which is great for Constructed.
So, did I answer your questions? Wink (thanks for the compliment, I’m enjoying writing this one a lot! So easier on my back, much more laid back, and so on, so forth, which is great, since for May you jusy KNOW a "Breaking Future Sight" is coming, don’t you? Wink )
For now, I have an announcement to make. I’ll be leaving the informal poll open for the whole Easter. Due to pesronal issues, I’ll have to travelearlier than I thought, so I’m going in a few minutes,and I’ll only be back on sunday, but I’llhave a college paper to write then. So, I’m picking up again next monday, but I’m already brainstorming onboth ideas, so when I come back, it’s for something big. Wink I apologize for having to suspend the article, but hey, if I can get some Jhoira’s Time Bug down I mightbe able to unsuspend it faster! Laughing
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Updated again, first sketch of the first deck already up and running!
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:18 pm
Deck finished!
I don't like YOU.
c3poquino
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:55 pm
Well, I wish I could say something, but there’s really not much to say. I’m not fond of casual decks, but I do follow up to what you’re trying todo. From my point of view, you did a pretty good job, although I’d have gone with the Thallid theme myself, otherwise it just seems as a "clunkier" version of your own Green/White budget build. But that’s just me. However, as I said, pretty good job so far, you’re a far better teacher than I am, and bro’ll probably enjoy reading this one. I’m waiting for the Blue/Black build, just don’t do an Aeon Chronicler one... Wink
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:24 pm
Lol! Don’t worry, I won’t copy the deck from "10 decks in 10 weeks", if that’s what you meant, but BE pretty sure I might use the Chronicler, as he happens to be one solid finisher for budgetary reasons... Now that I think of it, perhaps I SHOULD’ve gone with the thallid deck. I’ll tell you what! I’ll work on the UB control build, and if there’s still time before the end of the month, I’ll do a Thallid one (hey, this is a contest after all, everything for a good score Wink )! Also, well, whilethis MAY seem as a clunkier version of my other budget build (do to a lot of one-ofs and two-ofs), the anthems and defensive/evasive creatures actually make it superior, in a sense that that other build simply cannot do anything against a semi-mirror, but with bigger beaters. And if they waste their Fortify to try and take out my team, too, I have Vitu-Ghazi in this one. Now, if they cast DOUBLE Fortify, that could be a problem... Think However, most of the time they’ll have been outrun by then, specially with our fliers. Try it out, you’ll be surprised.
I don't like YOU.
r2d2quino
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:17 pm
So, is this going forward? I was expecting to see the Control Deck.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:07 pm
Yes, since no questions were asked whatsoever, I’m returning tothe experiment on wednesday.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest