LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Rumors of a strange force arising in the north...whispers of terrible things in the darkness. The north, where once roamed the Witch-King of Angmar. The north, where Mount Gundabad was, with its swarming goblins. The north, home to the Snowmen of Forochel, a strange people. Something was stirring in the north, the rumors said. And the rumors spoke truly. There was something awakening there.

None knew what it was. None had seen it in their lives. For it was something older than many men. Older, and forgotten. And it was awakening. Or so the whispers told. The nameless thing, coming from the north. To spread a darkness over the lands of Arnor and Mirkwood and Eriador and the rest of the Northlands. Only the act of heros could stop it.

Welcome to Realms of the North, the very first DC adventure! This is something I’ve just come up with, and it’s essentially a DC RPG. You’ll be making DCs in response to challenges, and your characters will grow as you progress. Because...your characters are actual DCs! That’s right, actual DCs!

When you sign up, you’ll get to choose your character’s name and race. Then, you’ll pick a culture template for your character. This will be one of the below templates. Essentially, they’re going to be very bland, very basic companions. Then, you’ll get to choose one of the customization options available for that culture. I do this so that you won’t have entirely bland companions, but instead will have a unique character from the start.

So...here’s the templates!

2•Title, Subtitle Dwarven
Companion • Race
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6

Options:
    -Damage +1.
    -Hunter 2.
    -"At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert this companion to make him/her strength +2 until the end of the turn."

2•Title, Subtitle Elven
Companion • Race
Strength: 6
Resistance: 7

Options:
    -Archer.
    -"While bearing a weapon, this companion gains hunter 1."
    -"While bearing a follower, this companion is Resistance +2."

2•Title, Subtitle Gandalf
Companion • Race
Strength: 4
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8

Options:
    -"Skirmish: Exert this companion to make a Man strength +2."
    -"While bearing a possession, this companion is Vitality +1."
    -"This companion is strength +1 for each Gandalf follower he/she bears (limit +3)."

2•Title, Subtitle Gondor
Companion • Race

Options:
    -Ranger.
    -Hunter 2.
    -"Fellowship: Exert this companion to heal a Man."

2•Title, Subtitle Rohan
Companion • Race

Options:
    -"Each companion bearing a possession is strength +1."
    -Valiant.
    -"Skirmish: Exert this companion to play a Rohan possession from hand."

1•Title, Subtitle Shire
Companion • Race
Strength: 3
Resistance: 9

Options:
    -"While this companion has Resistance 8 or more, he/she is strength +2."
    -"Fellowship: Discard a Shire follower to remove a burden."
    -"Regroup: Exert this companion and spot a pipeweed to heal another Shire companion."

Example:
I decide to make a Hobbit companion named Bolgo, Hobbit Scoundrel. Shire culture. And I decide on option #1 for his ability. So, I submit the following DC:

1•Bolgo, Hobbit Scoundrel Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While this companion has Resistance 8 or more, he is strength +2.
Although a rascal, Bolgo was a steady companion.
(Lore is optional)

All changes are permanent, although I’ll be enforcing a three-gametext rule here. In other words, your character can have only three different gametext variations. Keywords count as a half-variation. So you can have two keywords, a "While" gametext, and an ability, for example. If you want to add anything else, you’ll have to sacrifice something. Note: if you’re full, you have to sacrifice two keywords to be able to add a bit of gametext (unless you want to add a keyword).

So, submit characters here! I’ll be accepting submissions through Tuesday. So, get ready for some DC-making fun! And get ready to be creative. There’s plenty of adventures in store for you!

Background: All characters should be at the Prancing Pony Inn, for some random reason or another. There’s been whispers of a Shadow growing in the north, but nobody knows much about it. The tale will unfold from there...

Submission Template:
Name:
Race:
Personality:
History:
DC: (According to the above template)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
macheteman
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:46 am
Really cool idea! i think i’m confused about something though, do we get more abilityies/keywords as we go through the game? also, can we have multiple characters?
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:02 am
Name: Dirthon
Race: Man
Personality: Eager, adventurous, daring, etc.
History: Born to Dirthor and Ibelech of Ithilien some twenty years ago, became a ranger at age nineteen

2 • Dirthon, Son of Dirthor Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger.

Sounds fun..... Popcorn
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:16 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
Assuming I can find time, I’d like to try this...

2 Celebthir, Mirkwood Scout Elven
Companion * Elf
Archer.

Celebthir is a scout for King Thranduil. For many years, he has patrolled the forest. Now, however, the King grows uneasy, and wants word of the events in western lands. Celebthir was sent west to find Gildor Inglorion and give him a message, then return with one.

Personality: Celebthir is polite and thoughtful, as is usual for an Elf, but once he believes he has come to the best possible decision, he is eager to take action regardless of who or what tries to stop him. He considers it perseverance; some of his fellow scouts consider it simple stubborness.
Last edited by Eomer3rdMarshal on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total"Forth Eorlingas!"
macheteman
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 am
yeah, assuming i can find time...

Name: Ryle
Personality: Loyal, Adventurous, wanderer, cunning, resourceful etc...
History: Of the line of Girion, (and Bard) he was the third son, and left to seek his fortune when he was 16. roamed middle earth and fell in with rangers near lake Evendim. He formed a band of men know as the League of the Ortan. it has been three years since he left Dale.
DC:

2 •Ryle, Leader of the Ortans Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 4
Resistance: 8
While bearing a possession, this companion is Vitality +1.

cool idea CG.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:15 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Once again, assuming time Wink
The lore comes from Beowulf.

Name: Ectheow
Personality: rough, blunt, and direct.
History: A rider of Rohan who struck out on his own for fame & fortune. Especially fortune.

2 •Ectheow, Fortune Seeker Rohan
Companion - Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Skirmish: Exert this companion to play a Rohan possession from hand.
"’Let whoever can win glory before death!’"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:25 pm
Submission Template:
Name: Arthail
Personality: nimble, skilled fighter (although not as strong of a frame as a normal warrior), impulsive
History: Born of Dunedain blood, Arthail left home at age 17, hoping to join the Rangers of the North.
DC:

2 •Arthail, Keen Hunter Gondor
Companion • Man
Hunter 2.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:44 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Like pretty much everyone else, my participation will depend on how much time I have, but I’d like to at least give such a cool idea a try. Smile

Name: Rorin, Son of Balir, Descendant of Durin the Deathless
Race: Dwarf
Personality: Gruff, impulsive, and rough around the edges, but quite a loyal and wise-cracking companion once you get to know him. Like most Dwarves, Rorin is pretty hardy and strong, but not as quick as, say, Men and Elves.
History: Middle-aged Dwarf originally of the Iron Hills but a resident of Erebor since the death of Smaug. Close friend of Dwarves and the Men of Dale alike; familiar with Ryle.

2Rorin, Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Damage +1.

Is the subtitle something we will be able to change over time, too?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Definitely sounds interesting to try...

1 •Adalard, Hobbit of Whitfurrows Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While this companion has resistance 8 or more, he is strength +2.

Personality/History: One of the lesser sheriffs of the Shire, Adalard Bolger is named for a cousin on his mother’s side (a Took) and is a cousin (of varying degrees) of the Hobbits involved in the War of the Ring (except maybe Samwise...). He feels devoted to the Shire as a Sheriff, although he also isn’t expecting much to happen in his time (although he sometimes wishes it would).
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
can I make another elf companion?
Name: Tulin
Race: Elf
Personality: Outgoing
History: An elf with a grudge against orcs, a deadly marksmen, but somewhat lacking(for an elf) in the arena of swordfighting. He is an elven ranger, and as such feels kinship with the elven companies of mirkwood and lothlorien, as well as the dunedain, and has fought wiht them on humerous occasions
DC: (According to the above template)[/quote]

2•Tuilin, Elven Markman Elven
Companion • Race
Archer
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards