LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:27 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The Road Ahead is the second of my five sets that make up the collection Wars of the Ring, the others being: Lasting Alliances, focused on The Hobbit and other pre-FotR events; The Way Into Mordor, focused on The Two Towers; The End Of All Things, originally my final set, focused on Return of the King; and my newest set The Third Age, a Reflections-style set focused on the game LOTR: The Third Age and other events from the time of Frodo’s journey that weren’t in the forefront of the books or movies, as well as a return to some of the material from Lasting Alliances.

This set, The Road Ahead, focuses on events from The Fellowship of the Ring. It continues several new aspects that were introduced in Lasting Alliances:

- A new culture based around Mirkwood (represented by the Green culture icon for the time being). Much like the Gollum culture, Green has both Free Peoples and Shadow cards. The FP side in this set is focused on the Wood-Elves--making Green a second Elven culture--and the Beornings. The Shadow side in this set centers around the Orcs (and Nazgûl) of Dol Guldur. It will be a MUCH smaller culture overall than the massive Green culture found in Lasting Alliances.

- A new unbound keyword, riddle, as well as a grand return of all-but-abandoned keywords like tale, weather, and tracker.

- An all-new strategy of capturing and rescuing characters on both the Free Peoples and Shadow side, working much like capturing and liberating sites.

- Dual-character cards, where two characters share the same card. They work together, fight together, and things go wrong, die together.

- Two new signets (remember those?): Elrond and Thorin. Signets have a big impact again in my sets, though resistance is still around as well.

I haven’t worked out full cardlists yet, but here are the cultures you can expect to see:

approx. 600 Cards: (currently 521 cards)
Ring The One Ring:
Dwarven Dwarves: 38
Elven Elves: 70
Gandalf Gandalf: 59
Gollum Gollum (Shadow): 11
Gondor Gondor: 41
Isengard Isengard: 56
Green Mirkwood (FP): 24
Green Mirkwood (Shadow): 10
Moria Moria: 83
Orc Orc: ?
Rohan Rohan: 9
Shire Shire: 55
Sauron Sauron: ?
Wraith Wraith: 63
Sites: ?

I don’t have exact figures on unfinished cultures yet, but as you can see, this set will probably be quite large. Razz Probably end up around 600 (yes, 600) cards. It’s at around 520 at the time of this writing, and we still have the Sauron culture to get through. And sites! Yeah, it’ll be AT LEAST 600 cards. Laughing

Here’s the Ring, and other spoilers will follow as I complete cultures.

The One Ring, So Small a Thing Ring
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Resistance -1
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, the Ring-bearer gains hunter 2, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add 2 burdens or a burden and a threat instead.
“‘Yet may I not even speak of it? For you seem ever to think only of its power in the hands of the Enemy: of its evil uses not of its good.’”

The One Ring, Treasured Heirloom Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each other companion of the Ring-bearer’s culture is resistance +1.
Maneuver or Skirmish: Add a burden or exert bearer to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add X burdens instead, where X is the current region number.
“‘But odd things may happen to people that have such treasures....It may have other powers than just making you vanish when you wish to.’”

If you have any comments about these or any other cards, please PM me, as I’d prefer to leave this thread solely for spoilers. Thanks! Very Happy
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:15 pm; edited 21 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:53 am
SHIRE:

2 A Night To Remember Shire
Event • Fellowship
Discard a pipeweed to remove a burden for each of the following you can spot: Bilbo, Frodo, Gandalf.
“‘I hear its going to be a party of special magnificence.’ ‘You know Bilbo. He’s got the whole place in an uproar.’”

1 A Plain Hobbit You Look Shire
Event • Response
If a Hobbit is about to lose a skirmish, make that Hobbit strength +1 for each possession and artifact he or she bears.
“‘But there is more about you now than appears on the surface.’”

2 A Quite Unexpected Direction Shire
Event • Response
Stealth.
If the fellowship moves to a forest site or moves from a dwelling, assign X exertions to Hobbit companions to make a Shadow player take X minions back into hand.
“‘But I am not going by road: it would be safer to wait here than that. If I go through the North-gate my departure from Buckland will be known at once, instead of being secret for several days at least, as it might be.’”

1 A Short Cut to Mushrooms Shire
Event • Maneuver
If the fellowship is at a dwelling or forest site, add a threat to heal 2 unbound Hobbits (or heal an unbound Hobbit twice).
“‘Let’s get into the lane and then we shan’t be trespassing. If we meet him, I’ll do the talking. He is a friend of Merry’s, and I used to come here with him a good deal at one time.’”

2Bilbo, Little Master Shire
Ally • Home 3 • Hobbit
Strength: 2
Vitality: 3
To play, spot an Elf.
Frodo is strength +1.
Fellowship: Exert Bilbo and add 1 to stack a tale from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
Regroup: Add 1 and a burden to heal Bilbo.
“‘Fancy that ring of mine causing such a disturbance!’”

0Bilbo, Very Rich and Peculiar Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Ringed Resistance: 8
Ring-bearer. Ring-bound.
The twilight cost of each artifact and tale played on Bilbo is -1.
While wearing The One Ring, each Shire stealth event is twilight cost -1.
Maneuver or Assignment: Add a burden or a threat to have Bilbo wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“‘Bilbo the silly hobbit started this affair, and Bilbo had better finish it, or himself.’”

0Bilbo’s Cloak and Hood Shire
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
“They had been locked up as if they were very precious, but they were so patched and weatherstained that their original colour could hardly be guessed: it might have been dark green. They were rather too large for him.”

0Bill the Pony, Tenth Companion Shire
Possession • Support Area
Discard Bill the Pony when at an underground site or if you cannot spot a Hobbit companion.
Fellowship: If there are fewer than 3 cards stacked here, add 1 to stack a possession here from hand, from a companion, or from a Shire or Gandalf ally.
Maneuver: Add 1 to play a possession stacked here as if played from hand.
“So Bill was going as the beast of burden, yet he was the only member of the Company that did not seem depressed.”

1 Blade of the Barrows Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Hobbit companion.
At the start of each skirmish phase, you may reveal a tale or skirmish event from hand to make bearer gain hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that card is a Shire card) until the regroup phase.
“For each of the hobbits he chose a dagger, long, leaf-shaped, and keen, of marvellous workmanship, damasked with serpent-forms in red and gold....the blades seemed untouched by time, unrusted, sharp, glittering in the sun.”

2 Bounder, Member of The Watch Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 4
Resistance: 7
To play, spot 3 Shire cards.
While the fellowship is in region 1 or at a dwelling site, this companion gains hunter 2.
“‘Who goes there?’”

1Farmer Maggot, Shrewd Fellow Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 8
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, Farmer Maggot is strength +1.
While in region 1, each unbound Hobbit gains hunter 1.
While in regions 1 and 2, each other unbound Hobbit is resistance +1.
“‘He’s a good friend to all the Brandybucks. Of course he’s a terror to trespassers, and keeps ferocious dogs – but after all, folk down here are near the border and have to be more on their guard.’”

1Fredegar Bolger, Cautious Conspirator Shire
Ally • Home 2 • Hobbit
To play, spot 3 Hobbits.
Each time the fellowship moves to a dwelling site, you may heal a Hobbit.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert Fredegar Bolger to discard a Shadow condition or Wraith minion.
“‘Still, I am very glad someone is stopping behind, who can tell Gandalf what you have done, when he turns up, as I am sure he will before long.’”

1Fredegar Bolger, Just a Decoy Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Signet: Frodo
Maneuver: If Fredegar Bulger is unwounded and the fellowship is at a sanctuary, remove him from the game to play a Hobbit companion from your draw deck.
Response: If another Hobbit is about to be discarded or killed, you may discard Fredegar Bolger instead.
“His task, according to the original plans of the conspirators, was to stay behind and deal with inquisitive folk, and to keep up as long as possible the pretence that Mr. Baggins was still living at Crickhollow.”

0Frodo, Favorite Nephew and Heir Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ringed Resistance: 10
Ring-bearer. Ring-bound.
Frodo may bear any card that plays on Bilbo.
Bilbo may bear any card that plays on Frodo.
Maneuver or Skirmish: Add a burden to have Frodo take off The One Ring.
“‘I am not made for perilous quests. I wish I had never seen the Ring! Why did it come to me? Why was I chosen?’”

3Frodo & Sam, Inseparable Shire
Companions • Hobbits
Strength: 6
Ringed Resistence: 12
If Frodo & Sam are the Ring-bearer, each time they exert or take a wound, add a burden.
Response: If a Shadow condition is about to be played on Frodo & Sam, exert them to discard it instead.
“‘A nice pickle we have landed ourselves in, Mr. Frodo!’”

1Frodo’s Pipe, Elegantly Carved Shire
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be Frodo.
When you play Frodo’s Pipe, you may play a pipeweed from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed and add (X), where X is the current region number, to remove a burden.
Fellowship: Discard Frodo’s Pipe to heal Frodo once for each Frodo signet you can spot.
While under Bilbo’s wing, Frodo enjoyed many benefits of the old hobbit’s wealth.

3Goldberry, Fair Lady Shire
Ally • Home 2
Vitality: 6
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, heal Goldberry and Tom Bombadil.
At the start of each maneuver phase, if the fellowship is at a river or dwelling, you may exert Goldberry X times, where X is the current region number, to heal a companion or remove a burden.
Maneuver or Regroup: Exert Goldberry twice (or once if the fellowship is at a river) to discard a weather condition. Limit once per turn.
“‘The rain has ended, and new waters are running downhill, under the stars. Let us now laugh and be glad!’”

1 Half the Shire’s Been Invited Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot X Hobbits to play a Hobbit or Shire follower from your draw deck whose twilight cost is (X) or less.
“‘Many people from other parts of the Shire were also asked; and there were even a few from outside the borders.’”

1 He Is The Master Shire
Event • Response
If a companion is about to take a wound, exert Tom Bombadil to prevent that wound.
“‘None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master: His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.’”

1 Heed No Nightly Noises! Shire
Event • Response
If a Shadow event is played, exert Tom Bombadil three times (or twice if the fellowship is at a dwelling or sanctuary) to cancel all effects of that event and discard it.
“‘Nothing passes doors or windows save moonlight and starlight and the wind off the hill-top.’”

1 Hobbit Pipe Shire
Possession • Pipe
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an unbound Hobbit.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed to heal bearer.
“‘...Hobbits first put it into pipes. Not even the Wizards first thought of that before we did.’”

1 Hobbit Pony Shire
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be an unbound Hobbit.
Discard this mount when at an underground site.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add 2 to heal bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to cancel a skirmish involving bearer. Any Shadow player may remove a burden or 2 threats to prevent this.
“‘They’ve more sense (in some ways) than you wandering hobbits have—more sense in their noses.’”

1 Hobbit Sword Shire (reprint)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
“‘Sharp blades are good to have, if Shire-folk go walking, east, south, or far away into dark and danger.’”

2 Horn-call of Buckland Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here for each Hobbit and Shire follower you can spot.
If a Shadow card with a twilight cost of (X) is played, remove X tokens from here to cancel all effects of that card and place it on top of its owner’s draw deck.
“‘AWAKE! FEAR! FIRE! FOES! AWAKE!’”

1 I Know The Tune For Him Shire
Event • Response
If a companion is about to be overwhelmed in a skirmish, exert Tom Bombadil (or spot him if you can spot a Tree in that skirmish) to prevent that companion from being overwhelmed until the end of that skirmish.
“‘What be you a-thinking of? You should not be waking. Eat earth! Dig deep! Drink water! Go to sleep! Bombadil is talking!’”

2 In The House of Tom Bombadil Shire
Event • Fellowship
Tale.
If the fellowship is at a dwelling or forest site, spot Tom Bombadil to remove a burden. Then, if you can spot Goldberry, you may exert her to heal a companion.
“The drink in their drinking-bowls seemed to be clear cold water, yet it went to their hearts like wine and set free their voices. The guests became suddenly aware that they were singing merrily, as if it was easier and more natural than talking.”

1 Let’s Get Out of Sight! Shire
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
If the fellowship is at a forest or river site, cancel a skirmish involving a Hobbit and a fierce minion. At any other site, make a Hobbit strength +2 and gain hunter 1 until the regroup phase.
“‘It may not matter much, but I would rather not be seen on the road – by anyone.’”

2 Laid Flat Shire
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
Cancel a skirmish involving a Hobbit and a minion whose vitality is lower than that Hobbit’s vitality.
“The other two ran quickly to the left and down into a little hollow not far from the road.”

2 Many Remarkable Stories Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot Tom Bombadil to play a tale (or, if the fellowship is at a forest or dwelling, 2 Shire tales) from your draw deck.
“‘It’s a good day for long tales, for questions and for answers, so Tom will start the talking.’”

1Merry, Inquisitive Conspirator Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While the fellowship is at a dwelling or river site, each Hobbit companion is resistance +1.
Each time a search card is played or a threat is added by a Shadow card, you may exert Merry to make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘We know the Ring is no laughing-matter; but we are going to do our best to help you against the Enemy.’”

1Merry, Sensible Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Signet: Gandalf
Regroup: If Merry is unwounded, exert him twice to play a Shire card (or, if you can spot Gandalf, a Gandalf card) from your draw deck.
“‘We can’t leave Frodo! Pippin and I always intended to go wherever he went, and we still do. But we did not realize what that would mean. It seemed different so far away, in the Shire or in Rivendell.’”

2Mithril-coat, Precious Gift Shire
Artifact • Armor
Bearer must be Frodo or Bilbo.
The minion archery total is -1. Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from weapons.
Response: If bearer is about to take any number of wounds, exert bearer to prevent all wounds to him until the end of the current phase.
“‘I have never seen or heard tell of one so fair. Is this the coat that Gandalf spoke of? Then he undervalued it. But it was well given!’”

1Mrs. Bracegirdle, Very Productive Shire
Ally • Home 1 • Hobbit
Strength: 1
Vitality: 2
Each time you play a Hobbit, you may heal Mrs. Bracegirdle.
Each time you draw a card, if that card is a Shire card, you may reveal that card and exert Mrs. Bracegirdle to draw another card (and heal Mrs. Bracegirdle if that Shire card is a follower).
“‘Are all these children yours? Good gracious!’”

1 One For The Shire! Shire
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Hobbit bearing a weapon to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that weapon is unique).
“‘The hobbit’s bite is deep! You have a good blade, Frodo son of Drogo!’”

1Pippin, Fool of a Took Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship: Play a Hobbit or Wizard to draw a card.
“‘We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up. There must be someone with intelligence in the party.’”

1Pippin, Steadfast Friend Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While the fellowship is in region 1, each companion is resistance +2.
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a forest or dwelling site, exert Pippin twice to cancel a skirmish involving a Hobbit (except the Ring-bearer).
“‘The country is rough round here, and there are bogs and all kinds of difficulties down in the Marish – I know the land in these parts. And if you are worrying about Black Riders, I can’t see that it is any worse meeting them on a road than in a wood or a field.’”

1Quickly and Quietly Shire
Condition • Support Area
Stealth.
Each time you play a Shire stealth card (including this condition), spot no more than 3 tokens here to add a Shire token here.
Response: If a minion is played, remove a token from here and spot an unwounded Hobbit companion to make that minion’s owner discard a card from hand of the same culture as that minion. If they cannot, wound that minion.
“‘I don’t want to be seen, but I want to see if it is another Black Rider.’”

1Rosie Cotton, Sweet Maiden Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While you can spot Sam, both he and Rosie Cotton are resistance +2.
Each time Sam or Tolman Cotton wins a skirmish, you may exert Rosie Cotton to remove a burden.
Each time Rosie Cotton loses a skirmish, exert Sam or add 2 burdens.
“‘Don’t worry, Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one.’”

2Sam, Eavesdropper Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 10
Ring-bound.
Each time you play a tale or stealth card, you may add 1 to heal Sam.
Response: If Frodo or Bilbo is killed while bearing The One Ring, make Sam the Ring-bearer; he is resistance -5.
“‘He’s in and out of Bag End. Crazy about stories of the old days he is, and he listens to all Mr. Bilbo’s tales. Mr. Bilbo has learned him his letters – meaning no harm, mark you, and I hope no harm will come of it.’”

1Sam’s Pipe, Comfort of Home Shire
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be Sam.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 1, discard a pipeweed to heal a companion or remove a burden.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 2, discard a pipeweed to heal a Hobbit companion or make a companion resistance +2 until the regroup phase.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 3, discard a pipeweed to heal Sam or make him resistance +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting. But I reckon I’ll miss them both before long.’”

2 Set of Deceitful Scoundrels Shire
Event • Maneuver
Add (X) and spot X Hobbit companions to heal another Hobbit X times.
“‘But bless you! I give in. I will take Gildor’s advice. If the danger were not so dark, I should dance for joy. Even so, I cannot help feeling happy; happier than I have felt for a long time.’”

1 Southern Star Shire
Pipeweed.
When you play this possession, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.
“But all accounts agree that Tobold Hornblower of Longbottom in the Southfarthing first grew the true pipe-weed in his gardens in the days of Isengrim the Second, about the year 1070 of Shire-reckoning. The best home-grown still comes from that district....”

1Sting, Elven-knife Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo or Frodo.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert him (or add 1 if there is an Orc involved in that skirmish) to play a Shire skirmish event from your draw deck.
“Then he drew it, and its polished and well-tended blade glittered suddenly, cold and bright.”

3 Stout Pony Shire
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Ring-bound Hobbit.
Discard this mount when at an underground site.
If bearer is the Ring-bearer and you can spot two mounted Hobbits, the move limit is +1.
“...sturdy little beasts of the kind loved by hobbits, not speedy, but good for a long day’s work.”

1The Gaffer, Speaker of Some Authority Shire
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid - Add 1 and a burden.
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
When you transfer The Gaffer to Sam or Rosie Cotton, heal bearer.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Shire tale you can spot (limit +4).
“‘Elves and Dragons! Cabbages and potatoes are better for me and you. Don’t go getting mixed up in the business of your betters, or you’ll land in trouble too big for you.’”

1The Road Goes Ever On and On Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a dwelling site, spot 2 Hobbits to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary). Discard this condition (or spot Bilbo to place this condition beneath your draw deck).
“‘...down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can.’”

5Three Is Company Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Toil 1. To play, spot 3 Shire companions.
When you play this condition, add 3 Shire tokens here.
Response: If a Hobbit is about to exert, remove a token from here to place no token for that exertion.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to remove a burden for each token here.
“‘I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There’s something mighty queer behind this.’”

1 Tobacco of the Southfarthing Shire
Pipeweed. To play, spot a Hobbit.
When you play this possession, you may draw a card from the bottom of your draw deck.
“‘How Old Toby came by the plant is not recorded, for to his dying day he would not tell.”

3Tom Bombadil, Eldest Shire
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +2
Aid(X). X is the current region number.
Discard any Shadow cards borne by or played on bearer.
“‘Don’t you know my name yet? That’s the only answer. Tell me, who are you, alone, yourself and nameless?’”

5Tom Bombadil, Oldest and Fatherless Shire
Ally • Home 2
Strength: 14
Vitality: 9
To play, remove a burden or 2 threats.
Each companion is resistance +1.
Maneuver: Spot 2 Shire companions and exert Tom Bombadil X times, where X is the fellowship’s site number, to remove a burden (limit twice per turn).
“‘Mark my words, my friends: Tom was here before the river and the trees; Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn.’”

3Trust To Friendship Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here for each Shire companion you can spot (limit 3).
Response: If a Hobbit is about to be overwhelmed, remove 2 tokens from here (or discard this condition) to wound that Hobbit instead.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to heal a Hobbit for each token here.
“‘It is true that if these hobbits understood the danger, they would not dare to go. But they would still wish to go, or wish that they dared, and be shamed and unhappy.’”

1Very Old Friends Shire
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Bilbo and Gandalf, each of them is resistance +1.
“‘You are an interfering old busybody, but I expect you know best, as usual.’”

1 We’re Coming Too! Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Ring-bound Hobbit to play Merry or Pippin from your draw deck or discard pile and heal a Ring-bound Hobbit.
“‘But that will leave no place for us! We don’t want to be left behind. We want to go with Frodo.’”

2 What About Breakfast? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot 4 Hobbits (or exert 2 Hobbits) to suspend the current phase. Begin a fellowship phase during which you may only play and use Shire cards (and cards borne by or stacked on Shire cards). When you are finished, resume the suspended phase.
“‘We’ve had one, yes. What about second breakfast?’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:30 pm
GANDALF:

3 An Urgent Errand Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
To play, exert a mounted Wizard. If that Wizard is Radagast, you may add a threat.
The move limit is +1 for each threat you can spot over 5.
“‘My news is evil....’”

2Barliman Butterbur, Worthy Innkeeper Gandalf
Ally • Home 1 • Man
To play, spot a Gandalf companion.
Fellowship: Each time you are about to draw a card, if the top card of your discard pile is a Gandalf card (except a character), you may exert Barliman Butterbur (or spot 2 Gandalf Hobbits and add 1) to draw that card instead.
“‘He thinks less than he talks, and slower; yet he can see through a brick wall in time (as they say in Bree).’”

1Bob, Ostler Gandalf
Ally • Home 1 • Hobbit
To play, spot Barliman Butterbur or Nob.
Fellowship: If you can spot 3 other Hobbits, you may play Bill the Pony from your draw deck or discard pile.
Regroup: Exert Bob to play a Free Peoples mount from your discard pile.
“‘A poor old half-starved creature it is, but he won’t part with it for less than thrice its worth, seeing how you’re placed, not if I knows Bill Ferny.’”

2Brand, Leader of the Bardings Gandalf
Companion • Man
Resistance: 6
While you can spot a Gandalf knight, Brand is a knight.
While you can spot a Gandalf archer, Brand is an archer.
Each other Gandalf archer and Gandalf knight is strength +1.
“‘He is a strong king, and his realm now reaches far south and east of Esgaroth.’”

1 Bree-Hobbit Gandalf
Ally • Home 1 • Hobbit
To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men or a Gandalf Hobbit.
Each time you play another Gandalf companion or Hobbit, heal this ally.
Maneuver: Exert this ally to heal a Gandalf Man or a Hobbit.
“But most of them had natural names, such as Banks, Brockhouse, Longholes, Sandheaver, and Tunnelly....There were several Underhills from Saddle, and as they could not imagine sharing a name without being related, they took Frodo to their hearts as a long-lost cousin.”

1Cirith of Dale Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
Each time you play a Dwarven tale, you may add a Gandalf token here.
Maneuver: Remove 2 tokens from here (or discard this condition) and discard a Gandalf or Dwarven card from hand to take a tale of that culture into hand from your draw deck.
“...they were written by many different hands, in runes, both of Moria and of Dale....”

2Dasron, Tradesman of Rhûn Gandalf
Ally • Home 3 [FotR] • Man
To play, spot a Gandalf Man.
When you play Dasron, you may reinforce a Free Peoples token.
Fellowship: Exert Dasron twice (or exert him once and remove a Free Peoples token) and discard a card from hand to place a Gandalf card from your discard pile on the bottom of your draw deck.
The men of the Long Lake has long been involved in trading (in particular food and drink) to Erebor and the Wood-elves of Mirkwood.

1Days Running Short Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Radagast or 2 Wizards.
The move limit is +1.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a threat or discard this condition.
“‘Then you must go now, for I have wasted time in looking for you....’”

2 Do Not Give Up Hope! Gandalf
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Add a threat to choose one: spot Gandalf to take a Gandalf or Shire card into hand from your discard pile; or play Gandalf from your discard pile.
“‘Gandalf is greater than you Shire-folk know – as a rule you can only see his jokes and toys. But this business of ours will be his greatest task.’”

3 Eagle of the Mountains Gandalf
Ally • [LA] & 3 [FotR] • Eagle
Strength: 8
Unhasty.
This ally gains each home site of each Eagle ally.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert this ally to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gandalf or Green card, you may take it into hand (and heal this ally if that card is a Wizard or Eagle).
“‘And the Eagles of the Mountains went far and wide, and they saw many things....’”

2 Endured Long Speech Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gandalf and a captured minion in your support area to examine an opponent’s hand. Discard X cards of that captured minion’s culture from that player’s hand, where X is the number of captured minions of that culture in your support area.
“‘He only wept and called us cruel, with many a gollum in his throat; and when we pressed him he whined and cringed, and rubbed his long hands, licking his fingers as if they pained him, as if he remembered some old torture.’”

2Finest Rockets Ever Seen Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot 3 Gandalf cards (or a Wizard companion) in the discard pile.
At the start of each turn, you may remove 2 Gandalf cards in your discard pile from the game to take a Gandalf spell into hand from your draw deck.
Regroup: Discard this condition to take a Gandalf spell into hand from your discard pile.
“‘...they burst in stars of blue and green, / or after thunder golden showers / came falling like a rain of flowers.’”

4 Flared and Sputtered Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Exert Gandalf and discard a Gandalf spell from hand to heal each other unbound companion.
“Picking up a faggot he held it aloft for a moment, and then with a word of command, ‘naur an edraith ammen!’, he thrust the end of his staff into the midst of it. At once a great spout of green and blue flame sprang out....”

1Galeroc, Swift Steed Gandalf
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Wizard.
When you play Galeroc, spot Gandalf to play a Gandalf support area possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Exert bearer twice to cancel a skirmish involving him.
“‘I have one advantage: there is no horse in Mordor or in Rohan that is as swift as Galeroc.’”

4Gandalf, Disturber of the Peace Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
If Gandalf is in your starting fellowship and you can spot a Ring-bound Hobbit, his twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Exert Gandalf twice (or once if you can spot a Ring-bound Hobbit) to take a tale into hand from your discard pile.
“‘If you’re referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved. All I did was give your uncle a little nudge out of the door.’”

4Gandalf, Grey Messenger Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Signet: Elrond
Muster. Toil 1. To play, spot an Elf.
While you can spot 4 Free Peoples races, at the start of each turn, you may draw a card.
“‘Gandalf will go; for this shall be his great task, and maybe the end of his labours.’”

1Gandalf’s Cart, Welcome Sight Gandalf
Fellowship or Regroup: Stack a Gandalf artifact or possession here from hand or from play.
Maneuver: Discard a Gandalf card from hand to play a card stacked here as if played from hand.
“It had a cargo of fireworks, as they rightly guessed. At Bilbo’s front door the old man began to unload: there were great bundles of fireworks of all sorts and shapes, each labelled with a large red G....”

0Gandalf’s Pipe, Wizard’s Comfort Gandalf
Possession • Pipe
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Fellowship or Regroup: Discard 2 pipeweeds (or a pipeweed and a tale) and spot X pipes to remove X burdens (limit 3).
“Gandalf sat down again and puffed at his pipe, as if lost in thought.”

2Gandalf’s Staff, Agency of Incantations Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time you play a spell during the maneuver or skirmish phase, the Shadow player must discard a card from hand or exert a minion.
“Gandalf stood up and strode forward, holding his staff aloft. ‘Listen, Hound of Sauron!’ he cried. ‘Gandalf is here. Fly, if you value your foul skin!’”

2Glamdring, Cold and White Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gandalf.
He is damage +1.
Each minion skirmishing Gandalf loses all hunter bonuses and cannot gain hunter bonuses.
“Glamdring glittered white in answer.”

1 Glimmering in the Gloom Gandalf
Event • Response
Spell.
If a minion uses its special ability in a skirmish, exert Gandalf (or you may spot him and add 1 instead if he is skirmishing that minion) to cancel the effect of that special ability.
“‘The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn.’”

0 Glittered White in Answer Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
If Gandalf bears a staff or hand weapon, exert him to discard a weapon borne by a minion Gandalf is skirmishing.
“There was a ringing clash and a stab of white fire.”

2 Go Back to the Shadow! Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
If Gandalf bears an artifact, exert him twice to discard a wounded minion he is skirmishing. Any Shadow player may wound that minion twice to prevent this.
“‘You cannot pass!’”

1 Goodbye, Dear Bilbo Gandalf
Event • Response
If a Hobbit is discarded, exert Gandalf to remove a burden or a threat.
“‘...until our next meeting.’”

6Gwaihir, Swiftest of the Great Eagles Gandalf
Ally • Home 5 [LA] & 3 [FotR] • Eagle
Strength: 11
Unhasty. Damage +1. Muster.
Each time the fellowship moves, add 1.
Assignment: Exert your Wizard or discard 3 cards from hand to allow Gwaihir to be assigned to a skirmish.
Maneuver: Exert Gwaihir twice (or once if you can spot 2 Wizards) to rescue a captured companion or ally. Limit once per phase.
“‘...Gwaihir the Windlord...came unlooked-for to Orthanc; and he found me standing on the pinnacle. Then I spoke to him and he bore me away....’”

2 Had To Be Harsh Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spot Gandalf to make a minion strength -2 (and exert that minion if it is unwounded or is a Gollum minion).
“‘I put the fear of fire on him, and wrung the true story out of him, bit by bit, together with much snivelling and snarling.’”

1 Harsh As Stone Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Exert Gandalf and add a burden or 2 threats to discard up to 3 conditions. Each Shadow player may draw a card.
“‘Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.’”

1Help Of All Things Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Radagast or exert your Wizard.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to make each Free Peoples Wizard, Eagle, and Tree strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: If you have initiative, exert your Wizard and add a threat to play an Eagle or Tree from your draw deck.
“‘Send out messages to all the beasts and birds that are your friends.’”

0 Hint of Anything Wrong Gandalf
Event • Response
Spell.
If a Shadow condition is about to played on (or transferred to) a companion, exert your Wizard twice (or exert Radagast once) to discard that condition instead.
“‘He sought me in good faith, and so persuaded me.’”

1 Hobbit-Lore Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Exert Gandalf and spot a Ring-bound Hobbit to make a companion resistance +1 for each Hobbit you can spot until the regroup phase (and heal that companion if you cannot spot a Hobbit companion with resistance 4 or less).
“‘Soft as butter they can be, and yet sometimes as tough as old tree-roots. I think it likely that some would resist the Rings far longer than most of the Wise would believe.’”

3Hold the Narrow Way Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Spell. Play this condition only during the assignment phase.
Gandalf is defender +X (limit +3), where X is the number of threats you can spot.
At the start of the regroup phase, remove X threats, where X is Gandalf’s vitality; if you cannot, add 2 burdens instead. Discard Gandalf and this condition.
“But Gandalf stood firm. ‘You cannot pass,’ he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell.”

3Hugin, Consel of the Lakemen Gandalf
Companion • Man
When played in your starting fellowship, Hugin’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time a Free Peoples card (except a character) is about to be discarded, you may exert Hugin to place that card on the bottom of your draw deck instead.
A former warrior and official counselor to the Master of Laketown, he had become one of his lands’ most respected emissaries.

0 I Liked White Better Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a spell is played, exert Gandalf to exert a Wizard minion.
Maneuver: Spot your Gandalf Wizard and discard this condition to discard an Isengard condition.
“‘And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.’”

2 I Will Do That Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Choose one: spot X Wizards to draw X cards; or spot 2 Wizards to play an Eagle or Tree from your draw deck.
“‘Stay a moment! We shall need your help....’”

1 Keep It Secret! Keep It Safe! Gandalf
Event • Response
If a Shadow card is about to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring, exert your Gandalf Wizard and add a burden instead.
“‘But if you take my advice you will use it very seldom, or not at all. At least I beg you not to use it in any way that will cause talk or rouse suspicion.’”

2Legendary Past Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Gandalf tale.
If you can spot 3 combined Gandalf and Shire tales, Gandalf is resistance +1.
If you can spot 4 combined Gandalf and Shire tales, Gandalf is resistance +1.
If you can spot 6 combined Gandalf and Shire tales, each companion is resistance +1.
“They knew him by sight, though he only appeared in Hobbiton occasionally and never stopped long; but neither they nor any but the oldest of their elders had seen one of his firework displays....”

2 Light In The Eastern Sky Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
If Gandalf is skirmishing a Balrog, Nazgûl, or Wraith, exert him twice to add his resistance to his strength until the end of that skirmish.
“‘...such light and flame cannot have been seen on Weathertop since the war-beacons of old.’”

1Narothal, Radagast’s Mount Green
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Wizard or Green Elf.
If bearer is Radagast, each time the fellowship moves, you may discard 2 cards (or 1 Gandalf or Green card) from hand to remove a threat.
“‘His dappled grey horse was standing by. When he saw me he lept to his feet. It was Radagast my cousin....’”

1 Naur an Edraith Ammen! Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Gandalf twice to make each wounded minion strength -1 (or -2 if Gandalf has resistance 6 or more) until the regroup phase.
“High in the air he tossed the blazing brand. It flared with a sudden white radiance like lightning; and his voice rolled like thunder....There was a roar and a crackle, and the tree above him burst into a leaf and bloom of blinding flame.”

2News Gathering Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Spot an Eagle to reveal the top card of your draw deck (limit twice per phase). Then you may exert that Eagle X times and discard this condition to take that card into your hand, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed; otherwise return that card to the top of your draw deck.
“‘That was Gwaihir the Windlord....I sent him before me to watch the River and gather tidings.’”

1 No Longer Concealed Gandalf
Event • Response
If a minion exerts, exert your Gandalf Wizard (or spot Gandalf) to exert that minion (or wound that minion if it is a Wizard).
“‘Well, the choices are, it seems, to submit to Sauron, or to yourself. I will take neither. Have you others to offer?’”

2Nob, Woolly-Footed Slowcoach Gandalf
Ally • Home 1 • Hobbit
While you can spot Barliman Butterbur, Nob’s twilight cost is -1.
Fellowship: Exert Nob to heal a Hobbit or a Gandalf Man ally.
Regroup: Discard a Shire or Gandalf possession from play or from hand to heal Nob.
“A cheery-looking hobbit bobbed out of a door, and seeing the travelers, stopped short and stared at them with great interest.”

1 Nuitho i’Ruith! Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Exert Gandalf to discard either a weather condition or a spell.
“‘It matters little who is the enemy, if we cannot beat off his attack.’”

2Ottar, Esgaroth Patrician Gandalf
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Each time you are about to draw a card, you may exert Ottar (or spot 2 other Gandalf Men and add 1) to draw a card from the bottom of your draw deck instead.
“‘Nowhere are there any men so friendly to us as the Men of Dale. They are good folk, the Bardings.’”

1 Professionally Interested Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves and you cannot spot a minion, add a burden.
Response: If a burden is about to be added as a result of The One Ring’s game text, you may exert Gandalf twice (or once if he has resistance 4 or more) to prevent that.
“‘I should like to know where it is, if you go wandering again. Also I think you have had it quite long enough. You won’t need it any more. Bilbo, unless I am quite mistaken.’”

4Radagast, Aiwendil Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
While you can spot another Wizard, each spell’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time an Isengard spell is played, you may add or remove a threat.
“Curumo was obliged to take Aiwendil to please Yavanna wife of Aulë....”

4Radagast, Bird-lover Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
To play, spot an Eagle or 2 Gandalf characters (except Men).
Fellowship: Exert Radagast twice to play an Eagle or Gandalf follower from your draw deck. Limit once per turn.
Maneuver: Exert Radagast and add a threat to make an Eagle strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘Radagast is, of course, a worthy Wizard...birds are especially his friends.’”

1Radagast’s Staff, Wand of the Wood Green
Artifact • Staff
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Radagast.
Response: If a Tree or Eagle is about to take a wound, exert Radagast twice to prevent that wound.
Response: If a companion skirmishing a Tree, Spider, or Creature is about to take a wound, exert Radagast and add 2 to prevent that.

2Resist With or Without Hope Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gandalf Men (or a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf).
While you can spot 2 threats, each Gandalf Man is strength +1.
While you can spot 4 threats, each Gandalf Man gains hunter 1.
While you can spot 6 threats, each minion skirmishing a Gandalf Man loses its game text (except card type and race) and is unable to gain game text.
“‘Already war is gathering on his eastern borders. If we make no answer, the Enemy may move Men of his rule to assail King Brand, and Dáin also.’”

1Riduan, Man of Dale Gandalf
Ally • Home 3 [FotR] & 8 [LA] • Man
To play, spot Gandalf or a Gandalf Man.
Maneuver: Exert Riduan and discard a card from hand to draw a card. If you draw a card of the same culture as the card you discarded, you may reveal it to heal a character of that culture.
King Brand of Dale was very interested in rumors of a hobbit in Rivendell, perhaps the same that a rider in black had sought from the king.

0 Some Great Need or Purpose Gandalf
Event • Response
Spell.
If a Shadow card just made you discard from hand or examined your hand, exert your Wizard (or spot Radagast) to draw a card for each Wizard companion you can spot.
“‘...what it is that makes him look to these distant and desolate parts, I cannot guess.’”

1 Stop Possessing It Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Gandalf Wizard to remove a burden.
“‘It is quite made up. Go away and leave it behind.’”

2 Surpassed the Old Days Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Gandalf Man (or exert a Dwarf). Plays on a river or dwelling site. Limit 1 per site.
This site’s Shadow number is -1.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may heal up to 2 Gandalf Men or Dwarves.
“‘You should see the waterways of Dale, Frodo, and the fountains, and the pools! You should see the stone-paved roads of many colours!’”

2 Tall and Menacing Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Gandalf to make him strength +1 for each Gandalf signet you can spot.
“Gandalf’s eyes flashed. ‘It will be my turn to get angry soon,’ he said. ‘If you say that again, I shall. Then you will see Gandalf the Grey uncloaked.’”

2The Nine Are Abroad Again Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Free Peoples Wizard.
Each time an opponent plays a Nazgûl or a minion with a twilight cost higher than 5, you may add a threat to draw a card and make that opponent discard a card from hand.
“‘They have crossed the River secretly and are moving westward. They have taken the guise of riders in black....’”

2Toys of Dale Gandalf
To play, spot a Gandalf companion.
When you play this possession, add a Gandalf token here for each of the following you can spot: Gandalf Man, Dwarf, Gandalf Wizard, and Hobbit.
Each time a Free Peoples possession is about to be discarded, you may remove 2 tokens from here or discard this possession to prevent that.
“Hundreds of musical crackers had been pulled. Most of them bore the mark DALE on them....”

2 Voice Like Thunder Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Make Gandalf strength +2 and damage +1. Then, if the fellowship is at a battleground or forest site, you may place a Gandalf event from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
“In the wavering firelight Gandalf seemed suddenly to grow: he rose up, a great menacing shape like the monument of some ancient king of stone set upon a hill.”

2Wandering Conjuror Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.
Each time you play a Gandalf spell (except during a skirmish), you may heal an unbound Hobbit.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase or moves to a new region, add a threat.
“...the old man was Gandalf the Wizard, whose fame in the Shire was due mainly to his skill with fires, smokes, and lights. His real business was far more difficult and dangerous, but the Shire-folk knew nothing about it.”

1 Waybread of Dale Gandalf
Possession
To play, spot a Gandalf Man companion. Bearer must be a companion.
Regroup: Discard this possession to remove a threat or draw 2 cards.
“‘I thought it was only a kind of cram, such as the Dale-men make for journeys in the wild.’”

1 White Fire Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spell.
Exert Gandalf twice to wound a minion X times, where X is Gandalf’s vitality.
“A blinding sheet of white flame sprang up. The bridge cracked. Right at the Balrog’s feet it broke....”

1 Words of Guard and Guiding Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Spell.
Response:
If a mount is about to be discarded, exert your Gandalf Wizard to place that mount beneath your draw deck instead. You may then reshuffle your draw deck.
Fellowship: Spot your Gandalf Wizard and discard this condition to play a mount from your discard pile.
“‘You are a wise beast, and have learned much in Rivendell. Make your way to places where you can find grass, and so come in time to Elrond’s house, or wherever you wish to go.’”

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 pm
WRAITH:

2 A Quite Expected Direction Wraith
Event • Response
Search. Toil 1.
If the fellowship moves to a forest site or moves from a dwelling, spot a Nazgûl to add 2 for each Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘But that can only mean going into the Old Forest! You can’t be thinking of doing that. It is quite as dangerous as Black Riders.’”

2 Barrow-wight Creeper Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Site: 2
Twilight. Enduring.
When you play this minion, you may spot another Wraith Wraith to play a Wraith possession or artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Round the corner a long arm was groping, walking on its fingers towards Sam...and towards the hilt of the sword that lay upon him.”

2 Black Rider’s Mount Wraith
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a hunter Nazgûl.
Bearer gains muster.
Discard this possession when at an underground or river site.
“‘Black horsemen have passed through Bree....’”

2 Black Shadow Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver or Regroup: Exert an unwounded Nazgûl to transfer this condition from your support area to a character that does not bear another condition.
The Free Peoples player cannot spot any game text (except card type and race) on bearer.
“‘I had an ugly dream, which I can’t remember. I went to pieces. I don’t know what came over me.’”

1 Blade of Steel Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
While skirmishing a character bearing a Wraith condition or Wraith possession, bearer is strength +1 (and fierce until the regroup phase).
“Swords were naked in their pale hands....”

1 Chill Mist Wraith
Condition
Weather. Plays on a site. Limit 1 per site.
To play, spot an enduring or twilight Wraith minion.
The twilight cost of each Wraith and Wraith search card played at this site is -1.
“As they went down the mist became colder and damper, and their hair hung lank and dripping on their foreheads. When they reached the bottom it was so cold that they halted and got out cloaks and hoods, which soon became bedewed with grey drops.”

2 Close Behind Wraith
Event • Maneuver or Regroup
Search.
Exert X mounted Nazgûl to exert X companions.
“He knew of nothing that would prevent them from crossing as easily as he had done; and he felt that it was useless to try to escape over the long uncertain path from the Ford to the edge of Rivendell....”

2 Cold Be Hand, Heart, and Bone Wraith
Event • Shadow
Play a Wraith Wraith to discard an opponent’s tale or follower.
“‘...and cold be sleep under stone: never mare to wake on stony bed, never, till the Sun fails and the Moon is dead.’”

1 Cold Lifelessness Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Limit 2 per bearer.
Response: If a Nazgûl wins a skirmish, transfer this condition from your support area to a character that lost that skirmish.
Each time the fellowship moves, the Free Peoples player must exert bearer or add 1.
“He wondered if he would remain maimed for life, and how they would now manage to continue their journey. He felt too weak to stand.”

2 Dark Incantation Wraith
Event • Regroup
Spot a twilight Wraith minion (or a Wraith Wraith) to add a burden or a 2 threats.
“‘In the black wind the stars shall die, and still on gold here let them lie, till the Dark Lord lifts his hand over dead sea and withered land.’”

4 Dark-Hearted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Enduring. Damage +1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
This minion is strength +1 for each weather condition you can spot.
“Everything in it is very much more alive, more aware of what is going on, so to speak, than things are in the Shire. And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you.”

1 Dead Kings and Queens Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play a Nazgûl or Wraith Wraith to add a Wraith token here.
Shadow: Play a Wraith Wraith; that Wraith’s twilight cost is -1 for each token here (limit -4). Discard this condition.
“‘A shadow came out of dark places far away, and the bones were stirred in the mounds.’”

2 Dread Steed Wraith
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
Bearer gains hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each non-hunter character skirmishing bearer must exert.
“‘He gave a sort of hiss. It might have been laughing, and it might not. Then he spurred his great horse right at me....’”

3 Dreadful Spell Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Vitality -1
Resistance -2
Skirmish: Heal an enduring Wraith minion or exert a non-enduring twilight Wraith minion to transfer this condition from your support area to a character in that skirmish that does not bear another condition.
Bearer may not be assigned to skirmishes by a Shadow player.
“Then a grip stronger and colder than iron seized him.”

10Evil Spirit of Cardolan Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Strength: 15
Twilight. Enduring. Fierce. Damage +1. Toil 1.
When you play Evil Spirit of Cardolan, you may play a Wraith card from your discard pile.
The fellowship archery total is -1 for each Wraith Wraith and Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘Here!’ said a voice, deep and cold, that seemed to come out of the ground. ‘I am waiting for you!’”

6Evil Spirit of Rhudaur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Strength: 12
Twilight. Enduring. While you can spot another Wraith Wraith, threats cannot be removed (except by Wraith cards).
Regroup: Heal Evil Spirit of Rhudaur twice to wound a companion.
Regroup: Heal Evil Spirit of Rhudaur twice to capture a companion.
“Trembling he looked up, in time to see a tall dark figure like a shadow against the stars. It leaned over him. He thought there were two eyes, very cold though lit with a pale light that seemed to come from some remote distance.”

3 Fear Filled His Mind Wraith
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
Exert a twilight Nazgûl to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the Ring-bearer bears a Wraith condition or is wearing The One Ring).
“Their cold eyes glittered, and they called to him with fell voices.”

0 Fear of Discovery Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Exert a mounted or hunter Nazgûl to make the opponent choose to either exert 2 companions or make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
“He hardly dared to breathe, and yet the desire to get it out of his pocket became so strong that he began slowly to move his hand. He felt that he had only to slip it on, and then he would be safe.”

2Fog on the Barrow-Downs Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot a Wraith Wraith.
Each time you play a Wraith weather card, you may exert or heal a Nazgûl or Wraith Wraith.
“They found that they were upon an island in the fog....a cold grey shadow sprang up in the East behind. The fog rolled up to the walls and rose above them, and as it mounted it bent over their heads until it became a roof....”

1 Harsh and Chilling Laughter Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Nazgûl strength +1 for each of the following that is true: it is at a plains or battleground site; it is a twilight or enduring Nazgûl; it is skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith condition; it is skirmishing a companion with resistance 3 or less; it is in a fierce skirmish.
“‘Come back! Come back!’ they called. ‘To Mordor we will take you!’”

1 Hope Faded Wraith
Event • Shadow
Search.
Spot a mounted Nazgûl with X vitality to reveal up to X cards from the top of your draw deck. Take each Wraith card revealed into hand and discard the rest.
“There seemed no chance of reaching the Ford before he was cut off by the others that had lain in ambush.”

3 Icy Claws Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Vitality -1
Resistance -1
Limit 1 per bearer.
Skirmish: Discard a weapon borne by a Nazgûl (or remove 2 if that Nazgûl bears a Morgul Blade) to transfer this condition from your support area to a character skirmishing that Nazgûl.
“‘Frodo has been touched by the weapons of the Enemy, and there is some poison or evil at work that is beyond my skill to drive out.’”

2 Ill Will of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a forest site during the regroup phase, spot a Tree minion to make the Free Peoples player choose to either add a threat or exert 2 companions.
“The air seemed heavy and the making of words wearisome. Just behind them a large branch fell from an old overhanging tree with a crash into the path. The trees seemed to close in before them.”

3Immeasurably Dreary Wraith
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Wraith Wraith.
Each time you play a Wraith event, you may heal an enduring Wraith minion to add a Wraith token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Wraith token from here to exert a Wraith minion.
Regroup: Remove X Wraith tokens from here to take a Wraith event with a twilight cost of [X] into hand from your discard pile.
“Out of the formless stream of sad but horrible sounds, strings of words would now and again shape themselves: grim, hard, cold words, heartless and miserable.”

2 Larger and Darker Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Nazgûl strength -2 (or -3 if that Nazgûl is mounted).
“At the same moment the black horses leaped down the hill in pursuit, and from the Riders came a terrible cry, such as Frodo had heard filling the woods with horror in the Eastfarthing far away.”

1 Long Sword of the Barrows Wraith
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a twilight Wraith minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove 2 to add a burden.
“...across their three necks lay one long naked sword.”

2Looming Darkness Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather. To play, spot a Wraith Wraith.
Each time the fellowship moves, spot another Wraith weather card to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each Wraith Wraith you can spot.
“...the light was now gone, and clinging night had closed about him, so that it was impossible to be sure of any direction.”

1 Morgul Blade, Weapon of Black Sorcery Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Resistance -1
Plays on a Nazgûl.
If bearer is a Nazgûl, bearer is strength +1 (or +2 if a twilight Nazgûl).
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Response: If bearer is a Nazgûl and he wins a skirmish, exert bearer to transfer this possession to a companion in that skirmish.
“‘...both the knife and the hand that held it glowed with a pale light.’”

1 No Cry Came From Him Wraith
Event • Maneuver
You may remove 2 or a threat to play this event during the regroup phase.
Exert a twilight Nazgûl to exert a companion bearing a Wraith condition.
“A breath of deadly cold pierced him like a spear....”

8Old Man Willow, Angry and Resentful Wraith
Minion • Tree
Vitality: 5
Damage +1. Fierce. Hunter 1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard Old Man Willow.
While you can spot a Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Shadow: Exert Old Man Willow twice to take a Wraith weather card into hand from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert Old Man Willow and a Wraith Tree to make a Tree strength +2 or strength -2.
“...his heart was rotten, but his strength was green; and he was cunning, and a master of winds, and his song and thought ran through the woods on both sides of the river.”

8Old Man Willow, The Great Willow Wraith
Minion • Tree
Lurker. Damage +1.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard Old Man Willow.
While you can spot another Wraith Tree or Wraith weather card, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
The twilight cost of each other Tree and Wraith weather card is -1.
“There was a sound as of a wind rising and spreading outwards to the branches of all the other trees round about, as though they had dropped a stone into the quiet slumber of the river-valley and set up ripples of anger that ran out over the whole Forest.”

1 Open, In the Name of Mordor! Wraith
Event • Shadow
Search.
If the current site is a dwelling or forest site, exert your Nazgûl to replace that site with your site of the same number.
“At a second blow the door yielded and fell back, with timbers burst and lock broken. The black figures passed swiftly in.”

2Queerness of the Wood Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
To play, spot 3 Trees (or 2 Tree minions).
The Free Peoples player may not reveal cards from your hand or any draw deck.
Each time the Free Peoples player is about to draw a card, you may exert a Wraith Tree to prevent that.
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site.
“...they could see little but mists over the damp and deep-cut valley; and beyond it the southern half of the Forest faded from view.”

0 Ring of Men Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
When you play this artifact, you may exert bearer (or heal bearer if he is enduring) to add a threat.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to his owner’s hand.
“Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die....”

0Ring of Rampancy Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl. While you can spot a burden, bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Unless bearer is enduring, exert him X times to make him strength +X.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to his or her owner’s hand and remove a burden.
“‘Long ago they fell under the dominion of the One....’”

0Seen Clearly Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each Nazgûl gains ambush 1 (or ambush 2 if that Nazgûl is a twilight Nazgûl).
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a twilight Nazgûl or this condition.
“...they appeared to have cast aside their hoods and black cloaks, and they were robed in white and grey.”

1Shadowed Land Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Each Tree is strength +1 (or +2 if the fellowship is in region 1).
Discard this condition if the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or plains site.
“But after a while the air began to get hot and stuffy. The trees drew close again on either side, and they could no longer see far ahead.”

4 Shadowy Barrow-wight Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring. Fierce. While you can spot a Wraith weather condition, this minion’s twilight cost is -1.
Shadow: Exert this minion twice to take a Wraith search or weather card into hand from your discard pile.
“Out of the east the biting wind was blowing. To his right there loomed against the westward stars a dark black shape. A great barrow stood there.”

4 Spell of the Mound Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Exert an unwounded Wraith Wraith to transfer this condition from your support area to a character that does not bear another condition.
Bearer may not be assigned to skirmishes by the Free Peoples player.
“He turned, and there in the cold glow he saw lying beside him Sam, Pippin, and Merry. They were on their backs, and their faces looked deathly pale....”

2Sword of Amon Lanc, Blade of the East Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Úlairë Khamûl.
If he does not have any other damage bonuses, Úlairë Khamûl is damage +1.
Each time Úlairë Khamûl wins a skirmish, you may add a threat (or, if that skirmish was a fierce skirmish, remove a threat to add a burden).
The weapons of the Nine are wrought with sorcery.

2Sword of Minas Morgul, Dark Rider’s Blade Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Úlairë Lemenya or a hunter Nazgûl.
If bearer is Úlairë Lemenya, he is damage +1.
Skirmish: Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him to discard a card borne by a companion in that skirmish.

1 Terror Seized Him Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot a companion bearing a Wraith card and exert your Nazgûl twice (or heal an enduring Nazgûl twice) to add a threat for each Nazgûl and Wraith Wraith you can spot.
“A feeling of fear had been growing on him all day, and he was unable to rest or go to bed; there was a brooding threat in the breathless night-air. As he stared out into the gloom, a black shadow moved under the trees; the gate seemed to open of its own accord and close again without a sound.”

2The Pale Blade, Sword of Morgul Steel Wraith
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be the Witch-king.
While you can spot 2 burdens, the Witch-king gains hunter 2.
While you can spot 4 burdens, the Witch-king is damage +1.
“In one hand he held a long sword....”

8The Witch-king, Morgul-lord of the Black Riders Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Site: 3
Fierce.
Each mounted Nazgûl gains hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert The Witch-king twice and spot another Nazgûl to play a Wraith condition from your draw deck. If that condition may be transferred to a companion, you may transfer it to an eligible bearer (except the Ring-bearer), ignoring normal transferring requirements.
“Then the leader, who was now half across the Ford, stood up menacing in his stirrups, and raised up his hand. Frodo was stricken dumb.”

8The Witch-king, Tall and Merciless Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Twilight. Enduring. Fierce.
Each time a Wraith condition or Wraith possession is played on or transferred to a companion, you may heal The Witch-king to exert that companion.
“The third was taller than the others....He sprang forward and bore down on Frodo.”

2The Witch-king’s Steed, Bred by the Dark Lord Wraith
Possession • Mount
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
If bearer is The Witch-king, at the start of each assignment phase, you may choose to make him gain lurker or choose to make the Free Peoples player resolve his skirmish before all others.
“‘The Ring! The Ring!’ they cried with deadly voices; and immediately their leader urged his horse forward into the water....”

4 Tree of the Old Forest Wraith
Minion • Tree
Enduring. Fierce.
If the fellowship is not at a forest or river site, discard this minion.
“...often dark and strange, and filled with a hatred of things that go free upon the earth, gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning: destroyers and usurpers.”

3 Twisted Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Hunter 3.
If the fellowship is not at a forest, marsh, or river site, discard this minion.
If the fellowship is at a forest site, the Free Peoples player cannot replace that site.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary).
“‘Whenever one comes inside one finds open tracks; but they seem to shift and change from time to time in a queer fashion.’”

10Úlairë Attëa & Úlairë Cantëa, Sentries of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minions • Nazgûl
Strength: 20
Fierce. Hunter 2.
Each time you play a Nazgûl (including Úlairë Attëa & Úlairë Cantëa), you may wound an unwounded companion.
Skirmish: Exert Úlairë Attëa & Úlairë Cantëa to discard a condition or possession borne by a character they are skirmishing.
“...two galloped madly towards the Ford to cut off his escape. They seemed to him to run like the wind and to grow swiftly larger and darker....”

6Úlairë Enquëa, Dim and Dark Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Twilight. Fierce.
Each time Úlairë Enquëa wins a fierce skirmish, you may add a burden (or 2 burdens if you can spot 6 companions) or 2 threats.
Wraith cards borne by companions cannot be discarded.
“In their white faces burned keen and merciless eyes....”

6Úlairë Khamûl, Shadow of the East Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Lurker. Fierce. Hunter 1.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot 3 threats or exert Úlairë Khamûl to discard a follower or take a Wraith search card into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“But as they looked it seemed to move and sway this way and that, as if searching the ground. It then crawled, or went crouching, back into the gloom....”

6Úlairë Khamûl, The Black Easterling Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Twilight. Lurker. Hunter 2.
While you can spot 3 burdens or the Ring-bearer is exhausted, Úlairë Khamûl is fierce.
Each time Úlairë Khamûl wins a fierce skirmish, you may add a threat.
“Of Khamûl it is said that he was the most ready of all the Nazgûl, after the Black Captain himself, to percieve the presence of the Ring....”

4Úlairë Lemenya, Rider in Black Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 9
Each mounted Nazgûl gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if at a forest site).
Each time you play a Wraith mount, you may take a Wraith search card into hand from your draw deck.
“As Frodo watched he saw something dark pass across the lighter space between two trees, and then halt. It looked like the black shade of a horse led by a smaller black shadow.”

5Úlairë Nelya, Dim and Dark Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 10
Twilight.
While you can spot 4 burdens, Úlairë Nelya is fierce.
Each twilight Nazgûl skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith card is damage +1.
“Over the lip of the little dell, on the side away from the hill, they felt, rather than saw, a shadow rise, one shadow or more than one.”

4Úlairë Nertëa, Rider in Black Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 1.
The twilight cost of each Wraith mount and Wraith search card is -1.
When you play Úlairë Nertëa, you may add a threat for each mounted Nazgûl you can spot.
“‘It’s from Hobbiton that this here black rider comes, unless there’s more than one. And I know where he’s going to.’”

4Úlairë Otsëa, Dim and Dark Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Twilight. Hunter 1.
While you can spot 4 conditions, Úlairë Otsëa is fierce.
At the start of each fierce skirmish involving Úlairë Otsëa, you may exert him to play or transfer a Wraith card that is able to be borne by a companion onto a companion in that skirmish.
“Their eyes fell on him and pierced him, as they rushed towards him.”

6Úlairë Toldëa, Rider in Black Wraith
Minion • Nazgûl
Fierce. Hunter 1.
Assignment: Exert Úlairë Toldëa twice (or once if at a forest site) to assign a companion (except the Ring-bearer) to skirmish a mounted Nazgûl. Limit once per phase.
“...on it sat a large man, who seemed to crouch in the saddle, wrapped in a great black cloak and hood, so that only his boots in the high stirrups showed below; his face was shadowed and invisible.”

3Under the Dark Lord’s Dominion Wraith
Condition
To play, exert 3 Nazgûl (or exert the Witch-king). Plays only during the skirmish phase. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
If the total number of burdens and threats is at least 14 and you can spot 2 Nazgûl (or a twilight Nazgûl), the Ring-bearer is corrupted.
“‘He’s passing into the shadow world. He will soon become a wraith like them.’”

2 Very Unfriendly Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Free Peoples character, follower, or possession is played, you may heal or exert a Wraith Tree.
Regroup: Spot 2 Tree minions and discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site.
“‘They do say the trees do actually move, and can surround strangers and hem them in.’”

4 Watchful Tree Wraith
Minion • Tree
Fierce. Hunter 2.
This minion is strength +1 for each other Wraith Tree you can spot.
“‘I thought all the trees were whispering to each other, passing news and plots along in an unintelligible language; and the branches swayed and groped without any wind.’”

3 Wight of the Cairns Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring. While you can spot another Wraith Wraith, this minion’s twilight cost is -1.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot 2 other Wraith minions to play a Wraith artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Barrow-wights walked in the hollow places with a clink of rings on cold fingers, and gold chains in the wind.’”

3Willow-wind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
To play, exert 2 Tree minions (or Old Man Willow).
The Free Peoples player may not use special abilities during an archery or skirmish phase.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Tree minion, remove 2 threats, or discard this condition.
“It seemed to him that he could hardly hear the sound of his own shrill voice: it was blown away from him by the willow-wind and drowned in a clamour of leaves, as soon as the words left his mouth. He felt desperate: lost and witless.”

2 With a Pale Light Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Exert a twilight Nazgûl to choose one: exert a companion in that Nazgûl’s skirmish; or play (or transfer) a Wraith condition or Wraith possession onto an eligible bearer in that Nazgûl’s skirmish.
“A shrill cry rang out in the night; and he felt a pain like a dart of poisoned ice pierce his left shoulder.”

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 am
GONDOR:

1All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter Gondor
Condition
Resistance +1
Tale. Bearer must be Aragorn.
Maneuver: Return this condition to your hand to heal a companion.
“‘From the ashes a fire shall be woken, / A light from the shadows shall spring; / Renewed shall be blade that was broken: / The crownless again shall be king.’”

4Aragorn, Estel Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger. Hunter 1. Each other ranger gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that ranger is an Elf).
While you can spot 2 other Elven Elves, Aragorn may be spotted as an Elven Elf (except by possessions).
Each time the fellowship moves to a sanctuary, you may spot an Elf ally whose home is that site to heal Aragorn.
“‘Anirne hene beriad i chên lîn. Ned Imladris nauthant e le beriathar aen.’”

4Aragorn, The Dúnadan Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger.
While you can spot 2 threats and Aragorn has at least 3 vitality, the move limit is +1.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add 2 (or 1 if the fellowship is moving from a marsh or forest site) to remove a threat.
“He was taking a wandering course with many turns and doublings, to put off any pursuit.”

1Aragorn’s Bow, Bow of the North Gondor
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a ranger.
Bearer gains hunter 1.
Archery: Add a threat or discard 2 Gondor cards from hand to exert a minion (or wound a minion if bearer is Aragorn).
The longbows of the Dúnedain are simple weapons, but very lethal in skilled hands.

1Aragorn’s Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is a ranger.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or forest site, remove 1.
“A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face....”

1Aragorn’s Pipe, Curiously Carved Gondor
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Gondor companion.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes, and add (X) to remove X threats.
Fellowship: If bearer is Aragorn, discard a pipeweed to heal a companion (twice if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
“He felt that black shapes were advancing to smother him; but when he sat up he saw nothing but the back of Strider sitting hunched up, smoking his pipe, and watching.”

0 Asëa Aranion Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a ranger.
Fellowship: Discard this possession and add a threat to heal a companion or discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
“...it is a healing plant that the Men of the West brought to Middle-earth. ‘Athelas’ they named it, and it grows now sparsely and only near places where they dwelt or camped of old; and it is not known in the North, except to some of those who wander in the Wild.”

1Blade of Gondor, Bane of the Uruk-hai Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Boromir.
If Boromir is wounded or in a fierce skirmish, he is damage +1.
Skirmish: Add a threat and exert Boromir (or spot 2 unbound Hobbits) to wound an Uruk-hai (twice if skirmishing Boromir) or an Orc.
Boromir’s sword was like its owner: big, broad, and powerful.

3Boromir, Defender of the Little Ones Gondor
Companion • Man
Ring-bound. Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Skirmish: If Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace an unbound Hobbit in a skirmish.
“‘Have hope! I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk.’”

3Boromir, Tall and Proud Gondor
Companion • Man
While Boromir bears a Gondor possession or artifact, he is defender +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if Boromir is unwounded, you may heal a Man companion.
“‘Believe not that in the land of Gondor the blood of Númenor is spent, nor all its pride and dignity forgotten.’”

0Boromir’s Cloak Gondor (reprint)
Possession • Cloak
Bearer must be Boromir.
Maneuver: Exert Boromir to discard a weather condition.
“He was cloaked and booted as if for a journey on horseback; and indeed though his garments were rich, and his cloak was lined with fur, they were stained with long travel.”

1Boromir’s Dagger Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: If bearer is Boromir, exert him or discard this possession to wound a minion he is skirmishing. That minion’s owner may take 2 of his or her cards from play into hand to prevent this.
Unusually for a dagger, the wide blade was fullered so that in all respects it resembled the tip of Boromir’s sword.

2Boromir’s Steed Gondor
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 1 or 2, you may exert bearer (or spot bearer, if bearer is Boromir) to heal a Gondor Man.
Response: If the fellowship moves from a site in region 3 or moves to an underground site, discard Boromir’s Steed.
“When I was sent out as a messenger, I passed through the Gap by the skirts of the White Mountains, and crossed the Isen and the Greyflood into Northerland. A long and wearisome journey.”

1Buzzing With Excitement Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale from play to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: Gondor ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.
“Frodo’s vanishing trick; the appearance of the black horsemen; the robbing of the stables; and not least the news that Strider the Ranger had joined the mysterious hobbits, made such a tale as would last for many uneventful years.”

0 Elendil’s Valor Gondor (reprint)
Event • Maneuver
Tale. Make a Gondor companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘...his sword of steel was valiant, / of adamant his helmet tall, / an eagle-plume upon his crest, / upon his breast an emerald.’”

0 Fierce Defense Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Exert 2 Gondor Men to wound each minion assigned to skirmish those Men.
“Boromir and Aragorn slew many. When thirteen had fallen the rest fled shrieking....”

2 Fought Bravely Gondor
Event • Response
Toil 1.
If your Man companion was just placed in the dead pile, each companion of that culture is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘You have kept your honor....be at peace, son of Gondor.’”

2 He Cannot Stand Alone! Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Choose one: exert a Gondor Man not assigned to a skirmish to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength +3; or exert 2 Gondor Men not assigned to skirmishes to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength +5.
“‘Elendil!’ he shouted. ‘I am with you, Gandalf!’ `Gondor!’ cried Boromir and leaped after him.’”

1 Here We Find Tokens Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a companion is about to be discarded or placed in the dead pile, exert a Gondor companion to return each possession and artifact borne by that companion to your hand. Discard this condition.
“‘They were borne by the hobbits. Doubtless the Orcs despoiled them, but feared to keep the knives....I will take these things, hoping against hope, to give them back.’”

1 Hold True to Each Other Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Gondor Man to make that Man, a Dwarf, or an Elf strength +1 for each Hobbit you spot (limit +4).
“‘We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death. Not while we have strength left.’”

0Horn of Boromir, The Horn of Gondor Gondor
Possession • Horn
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Boromir.
Maneuver: Exert Boromir and discard X cards from hand to prevent a minion with vitality X from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
“Loud the challenge rang and bellowed...for a moment the orcs quailed and the fiery shadow halted.”

0 Let’s Hunt Some Orc Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Gondor Man and a Dwarf to make each of them damage +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘We must follow the Orcs, if there is hope that any of our Company are living prisoners.’”

2 Might of Gondor Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man enduring until the regroup phase.
“‘Gondor wanes, you say. But Gondor stands, and even the end of its strength is still very strong.’”

1 Mighty Horn-call Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot Boromir (or a Gondor companion bearing a horn) to make another companion strength +2 (or +3 if at a battleground). If that companion wins his or her skirmish, you may place this event on the bottom of your draw deck.
“Then suddenly with a deep-throated call a great horn blew, and the blasts of it smote the hills and echoed in the hollows, rising in a mighty shout above the roaring of the falls.”

0 Mysterious Wanderers Gondor
Event • Regroup
Tale.
Spot a Gondor Man to remove 1 for each ranger you can spot.
“The Bree-folk called them Rangers, and knew nothing of their origin. They were taller and darker than the Men of Bree and were believed to have strange powers of sight and hearing...but they were now few and rarely seen.”

0 No Mere Ranger Gondor (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Exert Aragorn to make another companion strength +2 (or +3 if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
“‘But there are few left in Middle-earth like Aragorn son of Arathorn.’”

0 People of the Old Kings Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) and add a burden to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Only a Ranger! My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the North of the great people, the Men of the West. They have helped me before; and I shall need their help in the days to come....’”

1Ranger’s Sword, Weapon of Strider Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Aragorn.
If the Ring-bearer is wounded, Aragorn is damage +1 (and defender +1 if the Ring-bearer is exhausted).
While the Ring-bearer or 3 Ring-bound companions are assigned to a skirmish, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
“‘You have my sword.’”

0Ring of Barahir, Heirloom of the North Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.
While you can spot 3 races in the fellowship, Aragorn is resistance +1.
While you can spot 4 races in the fellowship, each companion is resistance +1.
“For this ring was like two twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured....”

2 Save My People Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Spot a unique Gondor companion to remove all threats and heal up to 3 Gondor companions. Then place that companion in the dead pile.
“‘You have conquered. Few have gained such a victory. Be at peace! Minas Tirith shall not fall!’”

0 Sharp Affray Gondor
Event • Archery or Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Man and an Elf to make each Orc and Uruk-hai strength -1 until the regroup phase.
Legolas and Aragorn felled many goblins with their bows before they ever broke through.

1 Sires of Old Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Make Aragorn strength +1 for each Gondor tale and Gondor artifact you can spot (limit +5).
“Frodo turned and saw Strider, and yet not Strider; for the weatherworn Ranger was no longer there. In the stern sat Aragorn son of Arathorn, proud and erect, guiding the boat with skillful strokes; his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was blowing in the wind, a light was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land.”

2The Departure of Boromir Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While you can spot a unique Gondor companion in the dead pile, each Gondor companion with resistance 4 or more is strength +1.
“‘Beneath Amon Hen I heard his cry. There many foes he fought. His cloven shield, his broken sword, they to the water brought. His head so proud, his face so fair, his limbs they laid to rest; and Rauros, golden Rauros-falls, bore him upon its breast.’”

3The Shards of Narsil, Broken Heirloom Gondor
Artifact • Support Area
Each time a Gondor Man wins a skirmish, place a Gondor token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here to make an unbound Gondor or Elven companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from here to take a Gondor or Elven tale into hand from your discard pile.
Fellowship: Discard The Shards of Narsil to take Narsil or Andúril into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘But the time is near when it shall be forged anew.’”

1Seek for the Sword That Was Broken Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Riddle. To play, spot a Gondor Man and an Elf.
Each time you play a Gondor tale, place a Gondor token here.
Maneuver: Remove a Gondor token from here to draw a card. If that card is a Shadow card, discard it.
“‘In Imladris it dwells; / There shall be counsels taken / Stronger than Morgul-spells. / There shall be shown a token / That Doom is near at hand, / For Isildur’s Bane shall waken, / And the Halfling forth shall stand.’”

0 Still Sharp Gondor (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Spot The Shards of Narsil to make a Gondor companion strength +3 and damage +1.
“‘For the Sword that was Broken is the Sword of Elendil that broke beneath him when he fell. It has been treasured by his heirs when all other heirlooms were lost....’”

0 Swordarm of the White Tower Gondor (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor companion strength +2 (or +4 if he is defender +1).
“‘By our valour the wild folk of the East are still restrained, and the terror of Morgul kept at bay; and thus alone are peace and freedom maintained in the lands behind us, bulwark of the West.’”

2Tales of the Old Days Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor tale from hand to make a Gondor or Shire companion strength +1 for each tale you can spot (limit +4).
“He knew many histories and legends of long ago, of Elves and Men and the good and evil deeds of the Elder Days.”

2Travel Light Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove from the game 3 other Gondor conditions in your discard pile to play this condition from your discard pile.
Regroup: Exert a Gondor companion, spot 2 other companions of different races, and discard X possessions (where X is the current region number) to make the move limit +1 and make each companion gain hunter 1 until the regroup phase. Discard this conditon.
“‘Leave all that can be spared behind! We will press on by day and dark!’”

1Watch-tower of Amon Sûl Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each Gondor companion skirmishing a Wraith minion is strength +1.
Response: If a Wraith minion is played, spot a Gondor companion and return this condition to your hand to exert that minion.
“‘The Men of the West did not live here; though in their latter days they defended the hills for a while against the evil that came out of Angmar....long before, in the first days of the North Kingdom, they built a great watch-tower on Weathertop, Amon Sûl they called it.’”

0 You Will Need My Strength Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (or +4 if you can spot 4 burdens).
“‘It is not the way of the Men of Minas Tirith to desert their friends at need....’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 4 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:48 pm
ELVEN:

1Amanthon, Elf of Lórien Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard Amanthon to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘But now alas! unless you should at some time return hither, you must be content with our gift. May it serve you well!’”

2Amrion, Lórien Watchman Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Archer.
Archery: Exert Amrion to wound a Moria minion.
“A head appeared suddenly through the hole in the flet. Frodo sat up in alarm and saw that it was a grey-hooded Elf. He looked towards the hobbits....`Yrch!’ said the Elf in a hissing whisper, and cast on to the flet the rope-ladder rolled up.”

2Arwen, Lady of Rivendell Elven
Companion • Elf
At the end of each assignment phase, if Arwen is not assigned to a skirmish, you may heal Aragorn or an Elf.
While the fellowship is at a forest or dwelling site, each minion skirmishing Arwen is strength -1 (or -2 if that site is a sanctuary).
“So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen; Arwen, daughter of Elrond, in whom it was said that the likeness of Lúthien had come on earth again; and she was called Undómiel, for she was the Evenstar of her people.”

2Arwen, Noble Maiden Elven
Companion • Elf
Ranger.
When you play Arwen, you may play an Elven possession or Elven artifact on her from your draw deck.
While Arwen is mounted, each minion skirmishing her is strength -2.
“‘If you want him, come and claim him!’”

0 Arwen’s Fate Elven (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Tale.
Exert Arwen to make Aragorn strength +3, or exert Aragorn to make Arwen strength +3.
“‘I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.’”

2Asfaloth, Gleaming in the Shadows Elven
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Glorfindel or Arwen.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a forest or plains site, exert bearer and the Ring-bearer to make the move limit +1 for this turn. Limit once per turn.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make a Wraith or mounted minion skirmishing bearer strength -2. Limit once per skirmish.
“‘His pace is light and smooth; and if danger presses too near, he will bear you away with a speed that even the black steeds of the enemy cannot rival.’”

1Belt of Lórien Elven
Possession • Belt
Resistance +1
To play, spot an Elf. Bearer must be a Man companion.
Each time the fellowship moves from a sanctuary, you may heal bearer.
Assignment: If bearer is Boromir, discard this possession to make him defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“The Lady bowed her head, and she turned then to Boromir, and to him she gave a belt of gold....”

0 Both No and Yes Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elf to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, take it into hand and heal a companion of that card’s culture. If it is a Shadow card, discard it and exert a companion.
“‘Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.’”

1Bow of the Galadhrim, Great Bow of Lórien Elven
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While at a forest or river site, bearer gains hunter 1.
If bearer is Legolas, each time he wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal him.
“‘My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin.’”

2Celeborn, Ageless Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, heal an Elf ally whose home is any site 6.
Fellowship: Exert Celeborn twice to play an Elven tale from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Eight that are here yet nine there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him.’”

2Celeborn, Lord of Caras Galadhon Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Signet: Aragorn
Fellowship: Spot Galadriel and exert her or Celeborn to play an Elven possession from your draw deck.
Maneuver: Exert Celeborn to make each Elven ally whose home is any site 6 strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘I will do what I can to aid you, each according to his wish and need....’”

2 Courage In Unlikely Places Elven
Event • Skirmish
Spot an Elf to reveal the top card of your draw deck. Make a minion skirmishing a non-Elf companion strength -X, where X is the twilight cost of the revealed card. Then, if that minion is roaming, make it strength -1.
“‘Is it not enough to know that they are servants of the Enemy? Flee them! Speak no words to them! They are deadly.’”

0Elf-Warden’s Horn Elven
Possession • Horn
To play, spot Galadriel, Celeborn, or Haldir. Bearer must be an Elf.
Fellowship: Exert bearer to take an Elven follower or Elven ally into hand from your draw deck. Reshuffle your draw deck.
Maneuver: Exert bearer twice and spot an Elven ally. Until the regroup phase, that ally is strength +2 and participates in archery fire and skirmishes.
“One of the Elf-wardens then blew a clear note on a small horn, and it was answered three times from far above.”

4Elrond, Greatest of Lore-masters Elven
Ally • Home 3 [LA] & 3 [FotR] • Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves (or an Elven ally).
When the fellowship moves from site 3 [FotR] or 3 [LA], heal each companion and each Elven ally whose home is any site 3.
Fellowship: Exert Elrond to draw a card. If that card is an Elven card, you may add 2 to heal another character.
“‘Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.’”

4Elrond, The Halfelven Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may heal an unbound companion.
Skirmish: Exert Elrond to make a minion skirmishing an Elf or Man strength -1 (or -2 if that Elf or Man has the Elrond signet).
“‘Now at this last we must take a hard road, a road unforeseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be.’”

1 Elven Bracers Elven
Possession • Bracers
Bearer must be an Elven archer.
While you have initiative, each time bearer is about to exert during the archery phase, you may add a burden instead (limit twice per phase).
Archery: If the shadow has initiative, discard this possession and make the fellowship archery total -X (to a minimum of 0) to wound a minion X times. That minion’s owner may discard a Shadow possession or remove (X) to prevent this.

1 Elven Cloak, Fair Garment Elven
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
To play, spot an Elf. Bearer must be a companion.
While the fellowship is at a forest or sanctuary, the minion archery total is -1.
“For each they had provided a hood and cloak, made according to his size, of the light but warm silken stuff that the Galadhrim wove. It was hard to say of what colour they were: grey with the hue of twilight under the trees they seemed to be; and yet if they were moved, or set in another light, they were green as shadowed leaves, or brown as fallow fields by night, dusk-silver as water under the stars.”

2 Elven Exile Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, spot an Elf.
Fellowship: Play an Elven tale to make this companion strength +1 until the regroup phase (limit +3).
Fellowship: Exert this companion and spot another Elf to heal a Hobbit or another Elf.
“‘This is indeed wonderful! Three hobbits in a wood at night! We have not seen such a thing since Bilbo went away. What is the meaning of it?’”

2Erestor, Elven Counsellor Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Each time a companion with the Elrond signet wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to reinforce a token of that companion’s culture.
Response: If an unbound companion with resistance 4 or more is about to take a wound, exert Erestor and discard an Elven card from hand to prevent that wound.
“‘What strength have we for the finding of the Fire in which it was made?’”

2Fair, Many-Pillared Halls Elven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
At the start of each turn, you may make X Dwarves resistance +1 until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Elves you can spot.
“She looked upon Gimli, who sat glowering and sad, and she smiled. And the Dwarf, hearing the names given in his own ancient tongue, looked up and met her eyes; and it seemed to him that he looked suddenly into the heart of an enemy and saw there love and understanding.”

3Galadriel, Grave and Beautiful Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elf ally whose home is any site 6.
Fellowship: Exert Galadriel twice to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile (or exert her once if that card is the Phial of Galadriel or The Mirror of Galadriel).
“‘In this phial is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out. Remember Galadriel and her Mirror!’”

3Galadriel, Lady of Lórien Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Signet: Aragorn
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elven ally whose home is any site 6.
Each time a river or forest site is played, you may remove 2.
Each time you play an Elven possession or Elven artifact, you may exert Galadriel and spot another Elf to remove 1.
“‘I will not give you counsel, saying do this, or do that. For not in doing or contriving, nor in choosing between this course and another, can I avail; but only in knowing what was and is, and in part also what shall be.’”

2Galdor, Messenger of the Havens Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Each time the fellowship moves to a dwelling or river site, you may exert Galdor to return a minion to its owner’s hand (or discard that minion if it is roaming).
“‘And yet we see that Sauron can torture and destroy the very hills. What power still remains lies with us, here in Imladris, or with Cirdan at the Havens, or in Lórien. But have they the strength, have we here the strength to withstand the Enemy, the coming of Sauron at the last, when all else is overthrown?’”

1Gift of the Evenstar, Star Jewel Elven
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
To play, spot Arwen. Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may exert an Elf to reinforce an Elven or Gondor token (or 2 tokens if that Elf is Arwen).
“...his dark cloak was thrown back, and he seemed to be clad in elven-mail, and a star shone on his breast.”

2Gildor Inglorion, Elven Exile Elven
Ally • Home 2 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Each time a Nazgûl is played, you may draw a card.
Maneuver: Exert Gildor X times to make each roaming minion strength -X until the regroup phase. Then, if that minion is a Nazgûl, make it strength -1.
“‘I do not think the Road will prove too hard for your courage.’”

4Glorfindel, The Golden-Haired Elven
Companion • Elf
Ranger. Hunter 2.
While the fellowship is at a forest and you can spot another ranger, Glorfindel’s twilight cost is -2.
Response: If a minion wins a skirmish at a forest, river, or sanctuary, exert Glorfindel to wound that minion (twice if it is a Nazgûl or roaming minion).
“‘There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine....’”

2Golradir, Rivendell Councilor Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, spot an Elf.
Skirmish: Exert Golradir to make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -­1 (or -2 if that minion is roaming).
“Beside Glorfindel there were several other counsellors of Elrond’s household....”

2 Good Hope Elven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1. Spot an Elf with resistance 6 or more to discard a Shadow condition (or 2 weather conditions).
“The storm had troubled him little, and he alone of the Company remained still light of heart.”

2Hadafang, Throng Cleaver Elven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Vitalty +1
Bearer must be Elrond or Arwen.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make each Orc and Nazgûl skirmishing bearer strength -1.
“Aen estar Hadhafang I chatholhen, thand around dan I thang an I arwen.”

2Haldir, Guide of Northern Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Haldir is strength +1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: forest, river, sanctuary.
Fellowship: Exert Haldir to play an Elf ally whose home is any site 6 from your draw deck.
“‘You do not look evil! And since you come with an Elf of our kindred, we are willing to befriend you, as Elrond asked; though it is not our custom to lead strangers through our land.’”

2Hall of Fire Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elves.
The twilight cost of each Elven tale is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Fellowship: Discard this condition and X tales to heal X companions.
“‘Here you will hear many songs and tales-if you can keep awake....There is always a fire here, all the year round, but there is little other light.’”

2 High Elf Elven
Ally • Home 2 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Fellowship: Exert this ally to make a companion resistance +1 (or +2 if that companion is not the Ring-bearer) until the regroup phase.
“‘O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! / We still remember, we who dwell / In this far land beneath the trees, / Thy starlight on the Western Seas.’”

2Hold To Your Purpose Elven
Condition • Support Area
If Frodo is the Ring-bearer, each companion with the Frodo signet is Ring-bound.
“‘The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom....May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.’”

1 I Go To Find the Sun! Elven
Event • Skirmish
Stealth. Make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -2. If that Elf wins this skirmish, and the fellowship is at a forest, mountain, or battleground site, you may remove a burden.
“With that he sprang forth nimbly, and then Frodo noticed as if for the first time, though he had long known it, that the Elf had no boots, but wore only light shoes, as he always did, and his feet made little imprint in the snow.”

1 I Will Take The Ring Elven
At any site 3, spot an Elf and add 1 to transfer The One Ring and all burdens to another eligible bearer.
At any other site, exert 2 Elves to heal the Ring-bearer and remove a burden.
“‘But if you take it freely, I will say that your choice is right; and though all the mighty elf-friends of old, Hador, and Húrin, and Túrin, and Beren himself were assembled together your seat should be among them.’”

3Idrial, Servant of Galadriel Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf. If that Elf is Galadriel, Idrial’s twilight cost is -1.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, dwelling, or sanctuary, you may heal a companion.
“‘You are indeed high in the favour of the Lady!’”

1Knife of the Galadhrim, Foe of Morgoth’s Realm Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Galadriel). Bearer must be Aragorn.
At the end of each skirmish involving Aragorn, you may exert him or discard this weapon to exert a minion in that skirmish.
“‘The blade that is drawn from this sheath shall not be stained or broken even in defeat.’”

2Legandir, Elf of Lórien Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Fellowship or Maneuver: Exert Legandir twice (or discard him) to play an Elven ally whose home is any site 6 from your draw deck or discard pile.
“Three small gray boats had been made ready for the travellers, and in these the Elves stowed their goods.”

2Legolas, Thranduilion Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.
“Gandalf walked in front....The others were in file behind, and Legolas whose eyes were keen was the rearguard.”

1 Lembas Elven (reprint)
Possession
To play, spot 3 Elves. Bearer must be a companion.
Regroup: Discard this possession to reconcile your hand.
“Sam thought that it tasted far better, somehow, than it had for a good while....”

2Lindir, Orator Elven
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf or a Hobbit.
Fellowship: Exert Lindir to take a tale or riddle into hand from your discard pile.
“‘You know you are never tired of reciting your own verses. But really we cannot answer your question at one hearing!’”

2 Mending Fast Elven
Event • Fellowship
Spot Elrond to choose one: heal a character with the Elrond signet twice; or discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
“‘You will soon be sound again. Elrond has cured you....’”

5 Messages Far and Wide Elven
Toil 2.
Spot X Elf allies to examine the top X cards of your draw deck. Replace those cards in any order.
“‘The Wandering Companies shall know of your journey, and those that have power for good shall be on the watch.’”

2 Miruvor, Cordial of Imladris Elven
Possession
Resistance +1
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Elrond). Bearer must be an Elf or Gandalf Wizard.
Maneuver: Discard this possession to heal a companion, discard a card borne by a companion, or remove a burden.
“As soon as Frodo had swallowed a little of the warm and fragrant liquor he felt a new strength of heart, and the heavy drowsiness left his limbs. The others also revived and found fresh hope and vigour.”

0Nenya, Ring of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, you may exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to heal each companion with resistance 7 or more.
Maneuver: Place an Elven card from hand on top of your draw deck and add (X) to heal X Elf allies whose home is any site 6. Discard this artifact.
“...it glittered like polished gold overlaid with silver light, and a white stone in it twinkled as if the Even-star had come down to rest upon her hand.”

2 O Lórien! Elven
Event • Skirmish
Tale.
If the fellowship is at a forest or sanctuary, exert 2 Elves to cancel a skirmish involving an unbound companion.
“‘I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew: / Of wind I sang, a wind there came and in the branches blew.’”

2 O Pilgrim Grey! Elven
Event • Regroup
Tale.
Spot 3 Elves and a non-Elf companion in the dead or discard pile to heal each companion of the same culture (and heal each companion of another culture if you can spot Gandalf in the dead or discard pile).
“Often they heard nearby Elvish voices singing, and knew that they were making songs of lamentation for his fall, for they caught his name among the sweet sad words that they could not understand.”

2Orophin, Border-Guard of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Orophin gains hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a forest site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Orophin is an archer.
“‘Orophin has now gone in haste back to our dwellings to warn our people. None of the Orcs will ever return out of Lórien.’”

1 Passed Like Shadows Elven
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
Heal an Elf (or cancel that Elf’s skirmish if he or she has more vitality than the total vitality of the minions he or she is skirmishing).
“‘...for Elves (even more than hobbits) could walk when they wished without sound or footfall.’”

0Phial of Galadriel, Gift of the Lady Elven
Artifact • Phial
To play, spot an Elven Elf. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
Each Ring-bound companion is resistance +1.
Regroup: Discard this artifact to remove a burden or 2 threats.
“She held up a small crystal phial: it glittered as she moved it, and rays of white light sprang from her hand. ‘In this phial,’ she said, `is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you.’”

2Rúmil, Marchwarden of the Nimrodel Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Rúmil is strength +1.
While the fellowship is at a river site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Rúmil is an archer.
“Rúmil, who had remained on the other side, drew back the last one, slung it on his shoulder, and with a wave of his hand went away, back to Nimrodel to keep watch.”

1 Shot in the Dark Elven
Event • Archery
Spot an Elf archer and make the fellowship archery total -2 (or -1 if the fellowship is at a forest) to wound a minion.
“Suddenly the great bow of Lórien sang. Shrill went the arrow from the elven-string.”

1 Shrill Went the Arrow Elven
Event • Archery
If Legolas is an archer (or you can spot 3 Elf archers), make the fellowship archery total +1.
“‘Praised be the bow of Galadriel, and the hand and eye of Legolas! That was a mighty shot in the dark, my friend!’”

1Soil from Lórien Elven
Possession • Box
Resistance +1
To play, spot an Elf.
Bearer must be Sam.
Each time the fellowship moves to a forest or dwelling site, you may heal Sam or remove a burden.
Maneuver: Exert Sam twice or discard Soil from Lórien to make the current site gain forest.
“‘For you little gardener and lover of trees,’ she said to Sam, `I have only a small gift.’ She put into his hand a little box of plain grey wood, unadorned save for a single silver rune upon the lid.”

2 Song of Elbereth Elven
Event • Skirmish
Tale.
Exert an Elf at a dwelling or sanctuary to cancel a skirmish involving that Elf.
“‘A Elbereth Gilthoniel, / silivren penna míriel / o menel aglar elenath! / Na-chaered palan-díriel / o galadhremmin ennorath, / Fanuilos, le linnathon / nef aear, sí nef aearon!’”

2Speak No Evil! Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Galadriel).
Each time the fellowship moves to sanctuary, heal each companion with resistance 4 or more and exert each companion with resistance 3 or less.
“‘There is in her and in this land no evil, unless a man bring it hither himself. Then let him beware!’”

1Strands of Elven Hair, Treasured Gift Elven
Possession
Resistance +1
To play, spot 2 Elves (or Galadriel). Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Fellowship or Maneuver: If bearer is Gimli, add 1 and remove an Elven or Dwarven token to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven or Dwarven card, you may heal Gimli. Limit once per phase.
“‘It is said that the skill of the Dwarves is in their hands rather than in their tongues, yet that is not true of Gimli.’”

1The Choice of Luthien Elven (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Maneuver: Exert Arwen to heal Aragorn, or exert Aragorn to heal Arwen.
“‘...after a brief time walking alive once more in the green woods, together they passed, long ago, beyond the confines of this world. So it is that Lúthien Tinúviel alone of the Elf-kindred has died indeed and left the world, and they have lost her whom they most loved.’”

3The Great Council Elven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot an Elven Elf. When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
Fellowship: Spot a companion and remove a token from here to play a tale of that companion’s culture from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Remove a token from here to reveal the top card of your draw deck, then heal a companion whose culture matches the revealed card.
“Much was said of events in the world outside, especially in the South, and in the wide lands east of the Mountains.”

2The Mirror of Galadriel, Reflector of Elf-magic Elven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves (or Galadriel).
Each Elven ally whose home is any site 6 is strength +1.
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, take it into hand and remove a burden. If it is a Shadow card, exert X companions, where X is the twilight cost of that card (minimum 1).
“‘Will you look into the mirror?’”

2The Tale of the Ring Elven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot an Elven Elf. When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each burden you can spot.
Each time you play another tale, you may remove 2 tokens from here to remove a burden.
“For it is a long tale, full of deeds great and terrible, and briefly though Elrond spoke, the sun rode up the sky, and the morning was passing ere he ceased.”

0The Tower Hills Elven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each Elven tale you can spot (including this condition).
Each time you play a Shire or Gondor tale, you may remove a token from here to remove 1 (or remove 2 tokens from here to remove a burden).
“‘For the Elves of the High Kindred had not yet forsaken Middle-earth, and they dwelt still at that time at the Grey Havens away to the west, and in other places within reach of the Shire.’”

1 The White Arrows of Lorien, Carved of Mallorn Wood Elven
Possession • Arrow
Bearer must be an Elf archer.
At the start of each archery phase, you may remove an Elven token or discard this possession to exert a minion; bearer does not add to the fellowship archery total.
Lothlorien arrows fly true thanks to the feathers of the great swan.

0 Time for Speech and Merriment Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elf to reveal the top of your draw deck. If that revealed card is a Free Peoples card, take it into hand and heal a companion of that card’s culture. If that revealed card is a Shadow card, discard it and exert a companion.
“‘This is poor fare, for we are lodging in the greenwood far from our halls. If ever you are our guests at home, we will treat you better.’”

1 Tree-People Elven
Event • Skirmish
Stealth. Make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -2. Then, if that Elf is at a forest site, draw a card.
“‘I will climb up. I am at home among trees, by root or bough....’”

2 Under Cover of Night Elven
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 1, exert 2 Elves (or Elrond) to cancel a skirmish involving a companion.
At any other site, exert 2 Elves to make a companion strength +3.
“‘You should fear the many eyes of the servants of Sauron....Soon now his spies on foot and wing will be abroad in the northern lands. Even of the sky above you must beware as you go on your way.’”

0Vilya, Ring of Sapphire Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Elrond.
Each time the fellowship moves to a dwelling or sanctuary, you may exert Elrond and discard a card from hand to remove a burden or a threat.
Maneuver: Place an Elven card from hand on top of your draw deck and add (X) to heal X Elf allies whose home is any site 3. Discard this artifact.
“‘Those who made them did not desire strength or domination or hoarded wealth, but understanding, making, and healing, to preserve all things unstained.’”

2 Voice of Nimrodel Elven (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Tale.
Exert an Elf at a river or forest to cancel a skirmish involving that Elf.
“‘Where now she wanders none can tell, / In sunlight or in shade; / For lost of yore was Nimrodel / And in the mountains strayed.’”

3With Good Hearts Elven
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Elrond, each Ring-bound companion gains the Elrond signet.
While you can spot Elrond, each companion with the Elrond signet is resistance +1.
Regroup: Exert Elrond twice to heal each other companion with the Elrond signet. Discard this condition.
“‘For you do not yet know the strength of your hearts, and you cannot foresee what each may meet upon the road.’”

2You Do Not Stand Alone Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Elf and 4 Free Peoples races.
At the start of each skirmish, you may exert an Elf to make a minion in that skirmish strength -2.
“‘You will hear today all that you need in order to understand the purposes of the Enemy. There is naught that you can do, other than to resist, with hope or without it.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:58 pm
MIRKWOOD (Free Peoples):

2 Beorning Axe Green (reprint)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Green Man.
While Grimbeorn is bearing this possession, each time he wins a skirmish, you may take a Green card from your discard pile into hand.
No Orc or wolf dared enter the land of the Beornings.

1 Beorning Honey-cake Green
Possession
To play, spot a Green Man. Bearer must be a companion.
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard this possession to heal bearer or discard another card borne by bearer.
“‘Why it is better than the honey-cakes of the Beornings, and that is great praise, for the Beornings are the best bakers that I know of....’”

3 Beorning Skin-changer Green
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
Hunter 1.
While you can spot another Gandalf Man, this companion is also a Gandalf Man.
This companion is strength +1 for each other Green and Gandalf Man companion you can spot (limit +4).
“‘Still, they are trusty, and that is much in these days.’”

3 Beorning Woodman Green
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
While you can spot another Gandalf Man, this companion is also a Gandalf Man.
If a Shadow player is about to replace a forest or river site, exert this companion and discard a card from hand to prevent that.
“‘If it were not for the Beornings, the passage from Dale to Rivendell would long ago have become impossible.’”

3 Blinding Flame Green
Event • Archery
Toil 2.
Exert an Elf and discard either a spell or 2 Green cards from hand to wound a minion twice.
“The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew, and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain. All the others fled.”

2 Bone-Handled Knives Green
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
If bearer is a Green Elf, he or she gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: If bearer is at a forest or battleground site, exert bearer to make a minion skirmishing him or her lose fierce and be unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
The Elves of Mirkwod possess keen senses and are masterful with both the bow and their unique fighting knives.

1 By The Carrock Green
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
At any site 6, exert a Green companion to cancel a skirmish involving a companion (except the Ring-bearer).
At any other forest or river site, make a Green companion strength +3.
“There he crossed the Anduin again, with the help of the Beornings, and passed into the Forest.”

2 Common Enemy Green
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Green companion of one race to make a Green or Gandalf companion of a different race gain hunter 1.
“...for there were certain Woodmen who got news to Thranduil by runners, and also themselves gathered themselves a force to ambush the Orcs....”

0 Deep In the Woods Green
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Green Elf to remove 2 for each forest site you can spot in the current region.
“‘It is long since any of my own folk journeyed hither back to the land whence we wandered in ages long ago, but we hear that Lórien is not yet deserted, for there is a secret power here that holds evil from the land.’”

2Eaves of the Wood Green
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Each time the fellowship moves to a forest site, you may spot 3 Elves to heal a companion (or 2 companions if you can spot 3 Green Elves).
“‘There are no trees like the trees of that land. For in the autumn their leaves fall not, but turn to gold. Not till the spring comes and the new green opens do they fall, and then the boughs are laden with yellow flowers; and the floor of the wood is golden, and golden is the roof, and its pillars are of silver, for the bark of the trees is smooth and grey. So still our songs in Mirkwood say.’”

3Grimbeorn, Son of Beorn Green
Companion • Man
Hunter 2.
Grimbeorn may be spotted as a Gandalf Man.
At the start of each turn, you may heal Grimbeorn.
Maneuver: Exert Grimbeorn to make a Green Man strength +2 until the regroup phase. Limit once per companion (unless that companion is Beorn or Grimbeorn).
“...Grimbeorn the Old, son of Beorn, was now the lord of many sturdy men....”

0 Guarded Day and Night Green
Event • Regroup
Spot a Green Elf and heal a captured minion in your support area to heal a companion.
“‘Still I for one am glad that he is safely kept by the watchful Elves of Mirkwood.’”

1 His Bow Was Singing Green
Event • Archery
Exert a Green archer to wound a minion; that archer does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“There was a hideous yell, and the leaping shape thudded to the ground; the elvish arrow had pierced its throat.”

2 Hunting Ghosts Green
Event • Maneuver or Regroup
Spot 2 Green hunters and exert a Green companion to return a minion to its owner’s hand.
“‘The Wood-elves tracked him first, an easy task for them, for his trail was still fresh then.’”

2Legolas, Keen-Sighted Wood-elf Green
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Archery: Exert Legolas and discard a card from hand to exert a minion (or wound an archer minion and make the minion archery total -1); Legolas does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“Stringing the bow and fitting an arrow he turned, peering back over the River into the darkness....”

2Legolas’ Bow, Woodland Bow Green
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Bearer is an archer.
Archery: If bearer is Legolas, exert him and discard a Green or Elven archery event with a twilight cost of X from hand to exert a minion X times; he does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“At that moment there was a sharp twang. Legolas had loosed his bow.”

3 Many Sturdy Men Green
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is at a forest, river, or mountain site, each Green Man is strength +1.
“...to their land between the Mountains and Mirkwood neither orc nor wolf dared to go.”

1 Of the Woodland Realm Green
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Green companion strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he or she is at a forest or underground site; he or she is an archer; he or she has resistance 4 or more; he or she is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai.
“The affray was sharp, but the orcs were dismayed by the fierceness of the defence. Legolas shot two through the throat....”

3Orcs Did Not Dare Enter Green
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each time a minion is played, you may exert a Green companion to exert that minion (or wound that minion if the current site is a forest or river site).
“In their day the last goblins were hunted from the Misty Mountains and a new peace came over the edge of the Wild.”

2Realm of the Beornings Green
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While the fellowship is in region 2 or 3, at the start of each skirmish involving a Green Man, you may exert that Man to make him strength +1 for each of the following you can spot in the current region: forest, river, mountain.
“Beorn indeed became a great chief afterwards in those regions and ruled a wide land between the mountains and the wood; and it is said that for many generations the men of his line had the power of taking bear’s shape, and some were grim men and bad, but most were in heart like Beorn....”

2Saelbeth, Of the Woodland Realm Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 2.
At the start of each skirmish involving a Green Elf, you may exert Saelbeth to reveal the top or bottom card of your draw deck. If it is a Green or Elven card, you may make each minion in that skirmish strength -2.
A seasoned defender of Northern Mirkwood, Saelbeth had many insights during the Council of Elrond.

1 Sharp-Eyed Green
Event • Response
If a minion is played at a forest or river site, spot a Green Elf to exert that minion or draw a card.
“‘What is that, Legolas?’ he asked, pointing to the northern sky.”

2Silinde, Mirkwood Emissary Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a forest site, each Green Elf companion gains muster.
One of the Elvenking Thranduil’s closest advisors, Silinde was an obvious choice to represent the former Greenwood the Great.

1 Stealthy Movements Green
Condition
Stealth. Bearer must be a Green Elf.
While bearer has 4 or more resistance, bearer takes no more than one wound each phase.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer gain hunter 2 (or if bearer is at a forest or river site, you may make him or her strength +2 instead).
“Not Elves; for the woodland folk were altogether noiseless in their movements.”

MIRKWOOD (Shadow):

2An Evil Power Green
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Green minions.
Each time the fellowship moves to a forest site, you may take a Green minion from your discard pile into hand.
“Their own accounts speak of...a shadow that fell on the forest, so that it became darkened and its new name was Mirkwood.”

5 Assaulters of Amon Lanc Green
Minion • Orc
Site: 7
Hunter 1.
While you can spot 2 other Green Orcs, this minion is fierce.
While at a mountain, this minion is strength +2.
While at a forest, this minion is strength -2.
“‘...they were many and fierce, but they came from over the mountains, and were unused to woods.’”

1Dark and Drear Green
Condition
Weather. To play, spot 2 Green minions (or Sauron). Plays on a site.
This site cannot be replaced.
While you can spot a Green tracker, Free Peoples characters at this site lose all hunter bonuses and cannot gain hunter bonuses.
“‘A black cloud lies often over it of late....’”

2Dark Things Green
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a mountain and a forest in the current region, each Green minion gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that minion is a tracker).
“‘...we were drawing nigh to Dol Guldur, and that is still a very evil place; we do not go that way.’”

1 Dol Guldur Assailant Green
Minion • Orc
Vitality: 1
Tracker. Fierce. Hunter 1.
To play, spot a Green minion.
“‘The dark things which were driven out in the year of the Dragon’s fall have returned in greater numbers....’”

2 Dol Guldur Extricator Green
Minion • Orc
Tracker. Hunter 1.
Shadow or Regroup: Exert this minion to rescue your captured minion or exert a companion or ally (or both if the fellowship is at a forest or mountain site).
“‘When the battle was over, we found...his guards were slain or taken.’”

2 Dol Guldur Flanker Green
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
Shadow: If the fellowship has moved more than once this turn and this minion is stacked on your Green card, play it as if played from hand.
Maneuver: Remove 1 to stack this minion on your Green Shadow condition.
“‘...Orcs came on us at unawares.’”

2 Dol Guldur Tracker Green
Minion • Orc
Site: 6
Tracker.
While at a forest, mountain, or underground site, this minion is strength +3.
“‘...the spies of the Enemy are many.’”

2Fastness of Southern Mirkwood Green
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard a card from hand to make a Green minion strength +1 (or +2 if the discarded card is a Tree).
“‘It is clad in a forest of dark fir, where the trees strive one against another and their branches rot and wither.’”

3Shadowed Height Green
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Green minion, add a Green token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 Green tokens from here and spot a Green minion to replace the fellowship’s current site with a site from your adventure deck (and add 2 if that site has the same keyword as the site you replaced).
“‘In the midst upon a stony height stands Dol Guldur, where long the hidden Enemy had his dwelling. We fear that now it is inhabited again, and with power sevenfold.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:50 am
DWARVEN:

2A Travelling Company Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
While in region 1, each Dwarf gains hunter 2.
While in region 2, each Dwarf’s twilight cost is -1.
While in region 3, each Dwarf is resistance -1 (unless at a mountain or underground site).
“‘His house was a meeting place...and a resort of Rangers and other wanderers, and for such travellers (mostly dwarves) as still journeyed on the East Road, to and from the Mountains.’”

3Balin, Lord of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Signet: Thorin
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Each underground site’s Shadow number is -1.
While at a mountain or underground site, Balin is strength +1 for each other Dwarf you can spot (limit +3).
“‘At last, however, Balin listened to the whispers, and resolved to go....’”

1 Bandolier Harness Dwarven
Possession
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Limit 1 per bearer.
At the start of each assignment phase, you may exchange a hand weapon borne by bearer for a Dwarven hand weapon from your hand.
Gimli carried his great battle axe from a padded ring set in the back of a bandolier that criss-crossed his shoulders and was attached to his belt.

1Barred Gates Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Fortification. To play, spot a Dwarf and a companion of another race.
When you play this condition, place a Dwarven token here for each Dwarf you can spot.
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove a token from here to make a minion strength -1 (or -2 if that minion is an Orc).
“‘Slam the doors and wedge them!’”

2 Bearded Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While at a mountain or underground site, bearer gains hunter 1.
While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1.
“‘There forged was blade, and bound was hilt; / The delver mined, the mason built.’”

4Betrayed of Old Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Toil 2.
Each time a minion is played, spot a minion of the same culture in an opponent’s discard pile and exert a Dwarf to exert that minion (or wound it if you can spot a minion with the same card title in an opponent’s discard pile).
“‘We needed not the fell voice of the messenger to warn us that his words held both menace and deceit; for we knew already that the power that has re-entered Mordor has not changed....’”

2Book of Mazarbul, Record of Balin’s Folk Dwarven
Tale. To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Each time you play another Dwarven tale or a Dwarf is killed or discarded from play, add a Dwarven token here.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site, add a threat.
Fellowship: Remove 2 Dwarven tokens from here to take a Dwarven card into hand from your discard pile (or remove 1 token if that card is a tale).
“‘I guess that it began with their coming to Dimrill Dale nigh on thirty years ago: the pages seem to have numbers referring to the years after their arrival.’”

1 Dark and Dreadful Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each Dwarven character in the dead pile and each Dwarven tale in the discard pile (limit +5).
“Gimli hewed the legs from under another that had sprung up on Balin’s tomb.”

1Deep Kheled-zâram Dwarven
Condition
Tale. To play, spot 3 Dwarven cards. Plays on a mountain site.
Each Dwarf at a mountain or underground site is resistance +1.
Response: If the fellowship moves from this site, heal each Dwarf with resistance 5 or more. Discard this condition.
“They stooped over the dark water. At first they could see nothing. Then slowly they saw the forms of the encircling mountains mirrored in a profound blue, and the peaks were like plumes of white flame above them; beyond there was a space of sky. There like jewels sunk in the deep shone glinting stars, though sunlight was in the sky above. Of their own stooping forms no shadow could be seen.”

1 Do Without Light Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot a Dwarf to draw a card (or 2 cards if the fellowship is at an underground site).
“Before long Gimli spoke. He had keen eyes in the dark. `I think,’ he said, `that there is a light ahead. But it is not daylight. It is red. What can it be?’”

2Doors of the West-gate Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Riddle.
To play, exert a Dwarf (or spot a Dwarf and an Elf).
At the start of each turn, you may examine the top card of your draw deck.
Response: If a Shadow card is about to decrease the move limit, spot a Dwarf and exert either a Wizard or a Hobbit to prevent that.
“‘Ennyn Durin Aran Moria. Pedo Mellon a Minno. Im Narvi hain echant. Celebrimbor o Eregion teithant. I thiw hin.’”

2Durin’s Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. When you play this artifact, exert bearer.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Dwarven hand weapon you can spot (limit +3).
A great heirloom Durin’s Folk, bearing bindings of mithril and wrought amid pure silver, thought lost until found—then lost again—by Balin’s expedition.

0 Dwarf-city Dwarven
Condition
To play, exert a Dwarf. Plays on an underground site. Limit 1 per site.
While the fellowship is at this site, the twilight cost of each Dwarven and Moria possession, artifact, and tale is -1.
“Before them and on either side stretched a huge empty hall; its black walls, polished and smooth as glass, flashed and glittered.”

2Dwarven Cart Dwarven
To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Fellowship: Spot no more than 3 cards stacked here to stack a Dwarven possession here from hand.
Regroup: Add 1 to take a Dwarven possession from here into hand.
“An odd-looking waggon laden with odd-looking packages rolled into Hobbiton one evening and toiled up the Hill to Bag End.”

2 Dwarven Escort Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Hunter 1.
When this companion is in your starting fellowship and you can spot a Dwarf or Hobbit, this companion’s twilight cost is -1.
When you play this companion (except in your starting fellowship), you may play a Dwarven possession or Dwarven tale from your draw deck.
“It was driven by outlandish folk, singing strange songs: dwarves with long beards and deep hoods. A few of them remained at Bag End.”

1 Dwarven Obstinance Dwarven
Condition
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Limit 1 per bearer.
Maneuver or Regroup: Discard this condition to heal bearer.
Response: If a Shadow condition is about to be played on or transferred to bearer, you may exert bearer and discard this condition to discard that condition.
“‘I say neither yea nor nay. I must consider this message and what it means under its fair cloak.’”

0 Dwarven Pipe Dwarven
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Fellowship: Exert bearer and discard a pipeweed to draw X cards, where X is the number of pipes you can spot (limit 3).
“And certainly it was from Bree that the art of smoking the genuine weed spread in the recent centuries among Dwarves and such other folk....”

2Eager for the Journey Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at an underground site, exert a Dwarf to reveal the top card of your draw deck or draw a card. You may exert each Dwarf in this way only once each turn.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, exert a Dwarf and discard this condition to play the fellowship’s next site.
“Gimli aided Gandalf very little, except by his stout courage. At least he was not, as were most of the others, troubled by the mere darkness in itself. Often the wizard consulted him at points where the choice of way was doubtful....”

0 Fabled Hospitality Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Dwarf to heal another companion once (or twice if the fellowship is at a sanctuary).
“‘Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone!’”

2Frór, Of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Frór gains hunter 1 for each of the following that is true: he is at a mountain or underground site; he is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai; you can spot another Dwarven hunter.
“‘...we have so far been fortunate, though we do not escape the shadow of these times.’”

1 Fully Armed Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +2 for each weapon he bears.
A Dwarf with an axe is dangerous. A Dwarf with several axes is deadly.

2Gimli, Cousin of Balin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While at a mountain or underground site, Gimli gains hunter 1.
While an exhausted Dwarf or another companion with the Thorin signet is assigned to a skirmish, Gimli is defender +1.
“‘Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!’”

2Gimli, Of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Gimli may bear 2 hand weapon possessions (or 3 if he bears a hand weapon that may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon).
“‘The legs of Men will lag on a rough road, while a Dwarf goes on, be the burden twice his own weight....’”

2Gimli’s Battle Axe, Broad-Bladed Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Gimli or Balin, he is damage +1.
Bearer gains hunter 1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: battleground, mountain, underground site.
Though well-equipped already, it was plain to Gimli that all other weapons became secondary when he discovered Balin’s battle axe in the Dwarf-lord’s tomb.

2Glóin, Friend to Thorin Dwarven (reprint)
Companion • Dwarf
Glóin is strength +1 for each Dwarven tale you can spot (limit +4).
“‘But what then would happen, if the Ruling Ring were destroyed, as you counsel?’”

3Grimir, Emissary of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, each companion with the Thorin signet is resistance +1.
Skirmish: Play a Dwarven event or tale in a skirmish involving Grimir and add 1 to heal a Dwarf. Limit once per skirmish.
“‘But I am equally curious to learn what brings so important a dwarf so far from the Lonely Mountain.’”

4Hadhod, Of the Clan of Fundin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While you can spot 2 Dwarves (or a Dwarf and a ranger), Hadhod’s twilight cost is -2.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may add 1 to play a Dwarven possession on Hadhod from your draw deck.
Though he later became better-known for his travels with Men and Elves, Hadhod’s journey began when he traveled with his kinsmen to Rivendell.

0 Hand Axe Dwarven (reprint)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Archery: Discard this weapon to make the fellowship archery total +1.
Their captain rallied two other orcs to attack. In answer, Gimli’s side axe brought him down.

2 Much To Tell Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Toil 2.
Spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarven tale from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Dwarves’ tongues run on when speaking of their handiwork, they say.’”

2 Not Been Idle Dwarven
Condition
To play, exert a Dwarf (or spot 3 Dwarves). Plays on a mountain or underground site. Limit 1 per site.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may remove 1 and heal up to 2 Dwarves.
“‘And the halls and cavernous streets under the earth with arches curved like trees, and the terraces and towers upon the Mountain’s sides!’”

2Ori, Dwarven Scribe Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While at an underground site or while you can spot a Moria Orc, Ori gains hunter 1.
Fellowship: Exert Ori to play a Dwarven tale from your draw deck (or exert him and spot an Elf to play an Elven tale from your draw deck).
“‘He could write well and speedily, and often used the Elvish characters.’”

2Sent for Council Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may discard an Elven card from hand to heal a Dwarf, or discard a Dwarven card from hand to heal an Elf.
“‘...we crave the advice of Elrond. For the Shadow grows and draws nearer.’”

0 Stairs of Khazad-dûm Dwarven (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While a Dwarf skirmishes a Moria minion, that Dwarf is strength +1.
“‘Moria - Khazad-dûm! Greatest of the dwarf-halls - What I would not give to look upon its treasures!’”

2 Strength of Heart Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Make a Dwarf strength +2 and resistance +1 until the regroup phase. Then, if that Dwarf has resistance 5 or more, you may heal him (or heal him twice if he is Ring-bound).
“‘Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens....sworn word may strengthen quaking heart.’”

2The Return to Khazad-dûm Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves to an underground site, spot a Dwarf to take a Dwarven artifact or Dwarven tale into hand from your discard pile.
“‘We drove out orcs from the great gate....We have taken the twenty-first hall of North end to dwell in....Balin has set up his seat in the Chamber of Mazarbul.’”

2Thrarin, Artisan of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Hunter 1.
When you play Thrarin (except in your starting fellowship), you may play a Dwarven condition from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Exert Thrarin and discard a Dwarven possession or artifact to play a Dwarven possession of the same class from your discard pile.
“‘We have done well....We make good armor and keen swords....’”

2 We Must Away! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Toil 1.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may make each unwounded Dwarf gain hunter 1 until the start of the next regroup phase.
“‘Farewell we call to hearth and hall! / Though wind may blow and rain may fall, / We must away ere break of day / Far over wood and mountain tall.’”

2Wonder of the Northern World Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot more Dwarves than minions, each minion is strength -1 for each of the following that is true: it is skirmishing a Dwarf; it is a Moria minion or an Orc; it is at an underground site.
At the start of each Shadow phase, each Shadow player may draw a card (or 2 cards if the fellowship is at an underground site).
“‘Some spoke of Moria: the mighty works of our fathers that are called in our own tongue Khazad-dûm; and they declared that now at last we had the power and numbers to return.’”

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:32 pm
MORIA:

3 A Hideous Stench Moria
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each assignment phase, you may spot a Moria minion to play a Moria minion of the same race from hand.
“Twenty others arms came rippling out. The dark water boiled....”

0 A Soft Sound Moria
Event • Shadow or Maneuver
Reveal Watcher in the Water or 2 tentacles from hand to draw a card (or 2 cards if the fellowship is at a marsh).
“...a swish, followed by a plop, as if a fish had disturbed the still surface of the water. Turning quickly they saw ripples, black-edged with shadow in the waning light: great rings were widening outwards from a point far out in the lake. There was a bubbling noise, and then silence.”

2 Accursed Spot Moria
Event • Maneuver
Reveal X Moria Creatures from hand to make the Free Peoples player discard X cards from their hand or the top of their draw deck (limit 3).
“‘I hate this place, too, and I am afraid. I don’t know of what: not of wolves, or the dark behind the doors, but of something else. I am afraid of the pool. Don’t disturb it!’”

4Ancient Chieftain, Leader of the Goblin Horde Moria
Minion • Orc
Site: 4
Lurker.
While the fellowship is at an underground site, each Moria Orc gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that site is also a battleground).
Skirmish: If at a mountain or underground site, exert Ancient Chieftain to wound a companion it is skirmishing (and add a burden if that companion is the Ring-bearer).
“Diving under Aragorn’s blow with the speed of a striking snake he charged into the Company and thrust with his spear straight at Frodo.”

4Archer Commander, Overseer of Ambushes Moria
Minion • Orc
Archer.
Each Moria archer gains hunter 1.
Shadow: Exert Archer Commander to play a Moria archer from your draw deck.
Had it not been for the fellowship having a certain mithril-coat and a very skilled archer of their own, the goblin archers may have finished Frodo and his companions before they ever reached the Bridge of Khazad-dûm.

7 Bewildering Beyond Hope of Remembering Moria
Condition • Support Area
The twilight cost of this condition is -1 for each Moria minion you can spot.
If the fellowship is at an underground site and you can spot a Moria Orc, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Discard this condition at the start of your Shadow phase.
“The Mines of Moria were vast and intricate beyond the imagination of Gimli, Glóin’s son, dwarf of the mountain-race though he was. To Gandalf the far-off memories of a journey long before were now of little help....”

2Beyond Any of You Moria
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot The Balrog.
Skirmish: Exert The Balrog twice to discard a weapon borne by a companion it is skirmishing.
Skirmish: Exert The Balrog twice to make a companion it is skirmishing strength -2 and resistance -1. Limit once per skirmish.
“‘Swords are no more use here....’”

3 Black Pit Archer Moria
Minion • Orc
Archer.
Archery:
If at a battleground, exert this minion to make the minion archery total is +1.
Skirmish: If at an underground site, exert this minion to make it gain hunter 2.
“Arrows came whistling in....”

3 Black Pit Fletcher Moria
Minion • Orc
Archer. Hunter 1.
“‘Flói was killed by an arrow.’”

4 Black Pit Marksman Moria
Minion • Orc
Archer.
Archery:
Exert this minion to exert a companion; this minion does not add to the minion archery total.
“‘He went alone to look in Mirrormere. An orc shot him from behind a stone.’”

10Cave Troll of Moria, Fearsome Beast Moria
Minion • Troll
Strength: 13
Fierce. To play, spot a Moria minion.
While at an underground site, Cave Troll of Moria is damage +1.
Cave Troll of Moria is strength +1 for each wound on each character in his skirmish.
“A huge arm and shoulder, with a dark skin of greenish scales, was thrust through the widening gap. Then a great, flat, toeless foot was forced through below.”

1Cave Troll’s Chain, The Beast’s Whip Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Moria Troll.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a companion.
Normally used by its keyward to keep it in check, the chain fastened to the cave troll became a deadly weapon when the beast was unleashed.

1Cave Troll’s Spear Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Cave Troll of Moria.
Skirmish: Discard this possession and remove X threats to exert a companion Cave Troll of Moria is skirmishing X times (limit 3).
The cave troll grabbed a discarded Dwarven spear from the floor of the Chamber of Mazarbul as it bore down on Frodo....

1 Counter-Spell Moria
Event • Response
Spell.
If a spell is played, exert The Balrog to cancel all effects of that spell and return it to its owner’s hand. You may remove 1 to exert a companion of that spell’s culture.
“‘What it was I cannot guess, but I have never felt such a challenge....It nearly broke me. For an instant the door left my control and began to open!’”

1 Cracked and Staggered Back Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria minion strength +2 (or +4 if that minion has 3 or more vitality).
“There was a blow on the door that made it quiver; and then it began to grind slowly open, driving back the wedges.”

1 Crooked Blade Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Moria Orc.
When played at an underground site, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of each fierce skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to exert a character in that skirmish.
“By both the doors they could now see that many bones were lying, and among them were broken swords....”

2 Dark As A Cloud Moria
Event • Skirmish
Spot The Balrog to remove X burdens (limit 3). For each burden removed in this way, add 2 and make The Balrog strength +3.
“...it was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man-shape maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and to go before it.”

1 Dark Fire Moria (reprint)
Condition
Strength -1
Resistance -1
To play, spot The Balrog.
Plays on a Wizard companion.
Each time the fellowship moves, bearer must exert.
“‘What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.’”

0 Dark Waters Moria
Event • Maneuver
Reveal Watcher in the Water from hand to make the Free Peoples player add 2.
“Before them stretched a dark still lake. Neither sky nor sunset was reflected on its sullen surface. The Sirannon had been dammed and had filled all the valley.”

1 Dread Was In His Eyes Moria
Event • Maneuver
Exert The Balrog to exert a companion with resistance 4 or less (or wound that companion if it is a Dwarf). You may take the next maneuver action.
“‘Indeed I saw upon the bridge that which haunts our darkest dreams. I saw Durin’s Bane.’”

0 Drums in the Deep Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Orc strength +2 (or +4 if skirmishing a Dwarf).
“The drum-beats broke out wildly: doomboom, doom-boom, and then stopped.... Doom, doom went the drum-beats again....”

3 Fetid Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle. Lurker.
While you can spot Watcher in the Water, this minion is damage +1.
This minion may not bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh or river.
“One came wriggling over the threshold, glistening in the starlight....”

1 Final Cry Moria (reprint)
Event • Response
If a skirmish involving The Balrog bearing Whip of Many Thongs is about to end, wound a companion in that skirmish twice.
“He staggered and fell, grasped vainly at the stone, and slid into the abyss. ‘Fly, you fools!’ he cried, and was gone.”

3 Foul Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
This minion may not bear possessions.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to exert a companion (or wound a companion skirmishing a Moria Warg or mounted Moria minion).
Skirmish: Remove 1 to play this minion from hand.
“...there was a howling and wailing round them in the empty spaces of the night.”

1 From the Depths Moria
Event • Maneuver
Reveal X Moria Orcs from hand to add (X).
“Nothing more was heard for several minutes; but then there came out of the depths faint knocks: tom-tap, tap-tom. They stopped, and when the echoes had died away, they were repeated: tap-tom, tom-tap, tap-tap, tom.”

1 Ghâsh! Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Orc strength +2 (or +5 if you can spot The Balrog).
“The dark figure streaming with fire raced towards them. The orcs yelled and poured over the stone gangways.”

1 Goblin Bow Moria
Bearer must be a Moria archer.
Bearer gains hunter 1 and ambush 2.
Archery: Discard this possession and exert bearer to make the minion archery total +1.
Even bows made of leftover metal and wood scrap were still enough to nearly slaughter the fellowship before they ever reached the Bridge.

2 Goblin Horn Moria
Possession • Horn
Bearer must be a Moria Orc. If bearer is unique, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
Bearer may not bear a hand weapon.
Shadow: Exert bearer to add 2 or make a Moria minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“Another harsh horn-call and shrill cries rang out. Feet were coming down the corridor.”

1 Goblin Runner Moria (reprint)
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion, you may spot another Moria card to add 2.
“‘By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs!’”

1 Goblin Shield Moria
Possession • Shield
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this possession to wound a companion bearer is skirmishing.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
The shields were made of metal and were relatively large...their ridged surface curved around the arm and ended in spikes that could be used for stabbing.

0 Great Dark Wolf-shape Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Warg strength +X, where X is that Warg’s vitality.
“The wolf snarled and sprang towards them with a great leap.”

2Great Host of Wargs Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Moria tracker is discarded (except during the regroup phase), add a Moria token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 Moria tokens from here to play a Moria tracker from your discard pile.
“Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp.”

5Great Wolf-Chieftain Moria
Minion • Warg
Great Wolf-Chieftain may not bear possessions.
The twilight cost of each other Moria Warg is -1.
Skirmish: Exert Great Wolf-Chieftain to play a Moria Warg from hand. That Warg is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“At a gap in the circle a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them. A shuddering howl broke from him, as if he were a captain summoning his pack to the assault.”

2 Groping Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, the move limit for this turn is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
This minion may not bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh or river.
“...the groping tentacles writhed across the narrow shore and fingered the cliff-wall and the doors.”

3 Guardian of the Gate Moria
Minion • Orc
Site: 5
Ambush 1.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard another Moria Orc to make the move limit -1 for this turn (to a minimum of 1).
Skirmish: If this minion is not assigned to a skirmish, discard it to add 3.
“There was a guard of orcs crouching in the shadows behind the great door posts towering on either side....”

1 Guided By One Purpose Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Creature strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot Watcher in the Water).
“‘I felt that something horrible was near from the moment that my foot first touched the water. What was the thing, or were there many of them?’”

2 Harsh Horn-Call Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Orc strength +2 for each unique Moria minion you can spot (limit +6).
“...amid the clamour a deep voice was raised in command.”

7Host of Moria, Horde of the Black Pit Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 15
To play, spot 2 Moria minions.
Response: If another Moria Orc is killed, exert Host of Moria to take that Orc into hand instead of discarding it.
“How many there were the Company could not count....”

0 Host of Thousands Moria (reprint)
Event • Shadow
Play a Moria Orc from your discard pile.
Killing one is no victory, since a dozen from the warrens below will take his place.

2How The Wind Howls! Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Moria Warg.
Each Warg at a mountain or plains site gains hunter 2.
Shadow: Spot a Moria Warg to play a Moria Warg from your draw deck. Discard this condition.
“‘It is howling with wolf-voices. The Wargs have come west of the Mountains!’”

1Howling All Around Them Moria
Condition • Support Area
Search.
At the end of each of your Shadow phases, you may reveal a Moria Warg from hand to add a Moria token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Moria token from here to make a companion skirmishing a Moria Warg strength -1.
“‘...these howls freeze my blood. I don’t ever remember feeling so wretched.’”

2 Howling Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker. Hunter 1.
This minion may not bear possessions.
Shadow: Discard a Moria condition or remove 2 Moria tokens to play this minion from hand; its twilight cost is -2.
“‘The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.’”

0 Like a Great Shadow Moria
Event • Shadow
Exert any number of Moria Orcs to play The Balrog. Its twilight cost is -3 for each Orc exerted this way.
“‘Something was coming up behind them. What it was could not be seen....’”

3 Moria Advancer Moria
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion at an underground site, its site number is -1.
When you play this minion, you may play a Moria hand weapon on it from your draw deck.
“They brandished spears and scimitars which shone red as blood in the firelight.”

3 Moria Ambusher Moria
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
When you play this minion, if it is not roaming, you may play a Moria Orc with equal or lesser strength from your draw deck.
“Away beyond the shadows at the western end of the hall there came cries and horn-calls. Doom, doom: the pillars seemed to tremble and the flames to quiver.”

1 Moria Armor Moria
Possession • Armor
Strength +1
While you can spot The Balrog, bearer is vitality +1.
If The Balrog is discarded or killed, discard this possession.
The jagged Orc armor resembled the flaming form of Durin’s Bane.

2 Moria Hounder Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker. Hunter 1.
Response: If the fellowship moves from a mountain or underground site during the regroup phase, you may play this minion from your hand or discard pile.
“Even as he spoke they heard again the pursuing drum-beat: Doom, doom, doom.”

2 Moria Prowler Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
While skirmishing an Elf or Dwarf, this minion is strength +2.
“There was a rush of hoarse laughter, like the fall of sliding stones into a pit....”

3Moria Shaman Moria
Minion • Orc
Lurker.
Shadow: Remove 2 to make another Moria Orc fierce until the regroup phase.
Response: If another Moria Orc is about to take any number of wounds in a skirmish, exert this minion and remove 2 to prevent those wounds.
Shamans who conducted sacrifices arose in the Orc culture.

1 Most Deadly Bane Moria
Event • Shadow
Play The Balrog from hand to exert X companions, where X is the number of Free Peoples races you can spot.
“‘Ai! ai! A Balrog! A Balrog is come!’”

0 Must Do Without Hope Moria (reprint)
Event • Maneuver
Exert The Balrog to add a burden.
“The fires went out, and blank darkness fell. The Company stood rooted with horror staring into the pit.”

2 My Heart’s In My Toes Moria
Condition • Support Area
Search.
Each time you play a Moria tracker, you may remove 1 to add a Moria token here.
Regroup: Remove 2 Moria tokens from here to exert a companion and play a Moria tracker. That tracker’s twilight cost is -2.
“...there was no hope that darkness and silence would keep their trail from discovery by the hunting packs.”

1No Ordinary Wolves Moria
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Exert a Moria or Sauron Warg twice to return that Warg to your hand.
“When the full light of the morning came no signs of the wolves were to be found, and they looked in vain for the bodies of the dead. No trace of the fight remained but the charred trees and the arrows of Legolas lying on the hill-top.”

1 Notched Blade Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Moria minion lose all strength and damage bonuses from weapons. If that skirmish involves a Moria Troll, you may remove 1 to exert a companion in that skirmish.
“Boromir leaped forward and hewed at the arm with all his might; but his sword rang, glanced aside, and fell from his shaken hand.”

7 Older and Fouler Moria
Event • Assignment
This event’s twilight cost is -1 for each Moria minion you can spot.
Exert a Moria minion twice to assign that minion to an unbound companion.
“He did not speak aloud his thought that whatever it was that dwelt in the lake, it had seized on Frodo first among all the Company.”

1 Our Grief Is Great Moria
Event • Regroup
Exert The Balrog twice (or spot 4 Moria minions) to add a burden for each unique companion you can spot in the dead pile.
“Frodo heard Sam at his side weeping, and then he found that he himself was weeping as he ran. Doom, doom, doom the drum-beats rolled behind, mournful now and slow; doom!”

7 Pack of Wargs Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker.
While you can spot 2 Moria tokens, this minion is fierce.
While you can spot 4 Moria tokens, this minion is damage +1.
While you can spot 6 Moria tokens, this minion may not take wounds.
“A great host of Wargs had gathered silently and was now attacking them from every side at once.”

2 Rending and Crashing Moria
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to heal a Creature.
Regroup: Exert a Moria Creature and discard this condition to make the move limit -1 (to a minimum of 1) for this turn. The Free Peoples player may wound the Ring-bearer to prevent this.
“Many coiling arms seized the doors on either side, and with horrible strength, swung them round. With a shattering echo they slammed, and all light was lost.”

4Seizing Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle. Damage +1. Fierce.
Seizing Tentacle is strength +1 for each other Moria Creature you can spot (limit +4).
Seizing Tentacle may not bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh or river.
“‘...the pool is up to the wall at Westgate. The Watcher in the Water took Óin.’”

0Shadow and Flame Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Moria card.
Each time the Free Peoples player draws a card (except during the fellowship or regroup phase), you may reveal The Balrog from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add 2 or a burden. Limit once per phase.
“‘You fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dûm....’”

3 Snarling Warg Moria
Minion • Warg
Tracker. Fierce.
To play, spot a Moria Warg. This minion may not bear possessions.
This minion is strength +1 for each Moria condition you can spot with a token on it.
“Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp.”

1 Spear of Moria Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
While at an underground site, bearer gains hunter 1.
While at a battleground, bearer gains hunter 1.
The simplicity of the goblin weapons belied their deadly efficiency.

1 Spoiled and Ransacked Moria
Event • Shadow
Place a possession from the Free Peoples player’s discard pile beneath their draw deck to take a Moria possession or Moria artifact of the same class into hand from your draw deck.
“There were many recesses cut in the rock of the walls, and in them were large iron-bound chests of wood. All had been broken and plundered....”

2 Stirred to Violent Anger Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria minion strength +2 for each wound on that minion.
“...he stooped, and stabbed with Sting at the hideous foot. There was a bellow, and the foot jerked back, nearly wrenching Sting from Frodo’s arm. Black drops dripped from the blade and smoked on the floor.”

1 Summoned To the Assault Moria
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot a Moria tracker to play a Moria tracker from hand. That tracker’s twilight cost is -1 (or -2 if that tracker is a Warg).
“The howling of the wolves was now all round them, sometimes nearer and sometimes further off. In the dead of the night many shining eyes were seen peering over the brow of the hill.”

1 Swarming Goblins Moria
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Spot 2 Moria minions to play a Moria minion stacked here as if played from hand. Remove 1 or discard this condition.
Regroup: If no minion is stacked here, spot your Moria Orc to stack it here.
“...there seemed to be hundreds of orcs.”

14The Balrog, Demon of the Ancient World Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Damage +1. Fierce.
While at an underground site, The Balrog gains hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert The Balrog twice to play a Moria artifact on it from your draw deck (or exert it three times to play a Moria artifact on it from your discard pile).
“‘It was a Balrog of Morgoth, of all elf-banes the most deadly, save the One who sits in the Dark Tower.’”

12The Balrog, Nameless Terror Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 13
Lurker. Enduring. Damage +1.
The Balrog may not be exerted by Shadow cards.
While at a battleground or underground site, The Balrog is fierce and each Moria Orc is strength +1.
Response: If an event is played (except during the regroup phase), heal The Balrog twice to cancel that event.
“‘It was both a shadow and a flame, strong and terrible.’”

1The Balrog’s Sword, Stabbing Tongue of Fire Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be The Balrog.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon and may be played any time you could play a skirmish event.
At the start of each skirmish involving The Balrog, you may remove a burden or discard this weapon to wound each companion in that skirmish.
“From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.”

1 The Terror Under Caradhras Moria
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Moria minion strength +1 for each of the following that is true: it is at a mountain or underground site; it is bearing an artifact; it is bearing 2 artifacts; you can spot an exhausted companion.
“‘An evil of the Ancient World it seemed, such as I have never seen before.’”

2 Their End Was Cruel Moria
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Moria minion to add 1 for each wounded companion you can spot (or 2 if that companion is exhausted).
“‘We cannot get out. A Shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming.’”

3 They Are Coming Moria (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Discard 3 cards from hand to play a Moria Orc from your discard pile.
“‘They seem to have made a last stand by both doors, but there were not many left by that time. So ended the attempt to retake Moria!’”

2 Thrust Forward Moria
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Moria Orc or Moria Troll bearing a hand weapon to exert a companion skirmishing that minion (or wound that companion if that minion bears 2 weapons). Then you may exert that minion to take this event back into hand.
“The blow caught him on the right side, and Frodo was hurled against the wall and pinned.”

2 Too Much For Him Moria
Event • Assignment
Exert Watcher in the Water to discard a possession borne by a companion.
“Bill the pony gave a wild neigh of fear, and turned tail and dashed away along the lakeside into the darkness.”

3Transfixed Moria
Condition • Support Area
Assignment: Exert 2 Moria Creatures (or exert one Moria Creature twice) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion.
Bearer may not be assigned to a skirmish.
At the end of the turn, this condition’s owner takes this condition back into hand.
“...the horror that seemed to have rooted all but Sam to the ground where they stood....”

1 Trapped! Moria
Event • Response
If a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, choose one: heal that minion; exert a companion in that skirmish, or remove 2 to capture an exhausted companion in that skirmish.
“‘Why did I delay? Here we are, caught, just as they were before.’”

3Troll’s Keyward, The Beast’s Warden Moria
Minion • Orc
Lurker.
Maneuver: Exert Troll’s Keyward twice to play a Moria Troll from your draw deck; its twilight cost is -2.
Skirmish: Exert Troll’s Keyward to make a Moria Troll fierce until the regroup phase or strength +2.
His sole purpose was to keep the trolls the goblins had dragged into the Black Pit from turning on their masters...and unleashing their savagery on any poor souls who wandered into their realm.

5Watcher in the Water, Dark Terror of the Sirannon Moria
Minion • Creature
Lurker. Fierce. Hunter 1. Each tentacle is strength +1, damage +1, and enduring.
Response: If a Creature takes a wound (except from losing a skirmish), exert Watcher in the Water to play a tentacle from your hand or discard pile and make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
Watcher in the Water may not bear possessions and is discarded if not at a marsh or river.
“The others swung round and saw the waters of the lake seething, as if a host of snakes were swimming up from the southern end.”

2 We Cannot Get Out Moria
Condition • Support Area
Skirmishes involving Moria minions at a mountain or underground site cannot be cancelled by the Free Peoples player.
Regroup: Exert or discard X Moria minions to add (X). Discard this condition.
“‘They have taken the Bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates, but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes. Drums...drums in the deep.’”

1 Weight of the Dead Moria
Event • Regroup
You may discard a Moria minion to play this event during your Shadow phase.
Spot a Moria minion and a companion in the dead pile to add X burdens, where X is that companion’s twilight cost. The Free Peoples player may add (X) to prevent that.
“‘You carry a heavy burden, Frodo....’”

3 What An Evil Fortune! Moria
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each maneuver phase, if you cannot spot The Balrog at a battleground or underground site, discard this condition.
Shadow: Exert The Balrog 3 times and discard this condition to spot a companion with resistance 4 or less. That companion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Make a companion skirmishing The Balrog strength -2 (or -3 if he or she has resistance 4 or less). Discard this condition.
Regroup: Discard this condition to choose one: heal The Balrog up to 3 times; or remove 2 to take The Balrog back into hand.
“Gimli stared with wide eyes. `Durin’s Bane!’ he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.”

1Whip of Many Thongs, Shrouded in Fire Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be The Balrog.
It is fierce and gains hunter 1.
When this weapon is played or discarded, you may exert a companion (except for the Ring-bearer).
“With a bound the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.”

0Wisps of Dark Smoke Moria
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2 and at an underground site, The Balrog’s twilight cost is -3.
Skirmish: Place this condition beneath your draw deck to make a unique Moria minion strength +3.
“Right across the floor, close to the feet of two huge pillars a great fissure had opened. Out of it a fierce red light came, and now and again flames licked at the brink and curled about the bases of the columns.”

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:17 am
ROHAN:

2 Horse of Rohan Rohan (reprint)
Possession • Mount
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
“‘...there are no horses like those that are bred in that great vale between the Misty Mountains and the White.’”

1Land of the Horse-lords Rohan
Condition
Plays on a plains site (or any site 6) in region 2.
While the fellowship is at this site and you can spot a Rohan Man and at least 3 non-Rohan companions, the twilight cost of each other Rohan card is -1 (or -2 if that card is a character or possession).
“‘‘Then I will bear you to Edoras, where the Lord of Rohan sits in his halls,’ he said....And I was glad, for in the Riddermark of Rohan the Rohirrim, the Horse-lords, dwell....’”

1 Plains of the Riddermark Rohan
Condition
Plays on a plains site in region 3. Limit 1 per site.
While the fellowship is at this site and you can a Rohan Man, each mounted companion is strength +1 and resistance +1.
“‘It is a rich and pleasant land, and its grass has no rival....’”

2 Riddermark Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While this companion is mounted, he gains hunter 2.
Each time this companion wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert a minion skirmishing an unbound companion.
“‘...the horses of the Riddermark come from the fields of the North, far from the Shadow, and their race, as that of their masters, is descended from the free days of old.’”

2 Riddermark Warrior Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant.
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may discard a possession he bears to heal a Man.
Each time this companion wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert him to remove a threat.
“‘I know the Men of Rohan; true and valiant, our allies, dwelling still in the lands that we gave them long ago.’”

2 Rohirrim Outrider Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Aid – 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
Each time you transfer this to a Rohan Man, you may exert bearer to make the fellowship’s current site a plains site until the regroup phase. If bearer is mounted, you may then exert bearer to play a Rohan condition from hand.
“‘Horsemen were galloping on the grass of Rohan....’”

2Shadowfax, Surpassingly Swift Rohan
Possession • Mount
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a unique Rohan Man or a Wizard.
If bearer is a Wizard, each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may heal bearer or remove a threat.
“‘And there is one among them that might have been foaled in the morning of the world....By day his coat glistens like silver; and by night it is like a shade, and he passes unseen. Light is his footfall!’”

1 Still To Be Trusted Rohan
Event • Maneuver
You may add 1 to play this event during the fellowship phase.
Exert a Rohan companion to reveal a card from the top of your draw deck for each Gondor and Gandalf companion you spot. Take each Rohan, Gondor, and Gandalf card revealed into hand and discard the rest.
“‘Only from Rohan now will any men ride to us when we call.’”

2Théoden, Lord of Rohan Rohan
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
To play, spot a Rohan card.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Théoden to play a Rohan possession from your draw deck on another companion and heal that companion (twice if he or she is valiant).
Each time the fellowship moves, add a threat.
“‘In Rohan I found evil already at work: the lies of Saruman; and the king of the land would not listen to my warnings.’”

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards