LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:27 pm
Let’s take a break from the Green culture, and delve into the newest culture of this set: Elven! This culture contains a flurry of the Elven classics: pumps and wounding. First, let’s start off with the main companions...

4Turgon, Son of Fingolfin Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert Turgon to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
”…Turgon had been stationed southward guarding the passes of Sirion….”

5Fingon, The Valiant Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 9
Vitality: 4
To play, spot 2 Elves (or exert an Elf).
Skirmish: Exert Fingon and add 1 to play an Elven event from your draw deck or discard pile.
”…the banners of Fingon passed over the Anfauglith and were raised before the walls of Angband.”

5Fingon, King of the Noldor Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, exert an Elf.
Maneuver: Exert Fingon twice to play an Elven card from your draw deck or discard pile. If that card is a companion, you may heal Fingon.
”At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him, and he fought with Gothmog….”
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Let’s take a break from the Green culture, and delve into the newest culture of this set: Elven! This culture contains a flurry of the Elven classics: pumps and wounding. First, let’s start off with the main companions...

Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert Turgon to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
nice! maybe its twilight cost is minus 1. and cut cost 1 or up vitality 1

Companion • Elf
Skirmish: Exert Fingon and add 1 to play an Elven event from your draw deck or discard pile.
”…the banners of Fingon passed over the Anfauglith and were raised before the walls of Angband.”
cool! cut the add 1 though

Companion • Elf
Maneuver: Exert Fingon twice to play an Elven card from your draw deck or discard pile. If that card is a companion, you may heal Fingon.
”At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him, and he fought with Gothmog….”

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:58 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.

Hmm well powerful but very cool.

Companion • Elf

I wouldnt say discard pile its too powerful. Look at Bilbo, he can only do it once at the start, so id make it just draw deck.

Companion • Elf

Wow, you are really going for power in your elves, suppose his ability is in fitting with his character.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 am
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Thumbs Up

1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.
Response: If Fingon is about to take any numbers of wounds in a skirmish, discard this artifact to prevent that.
”…Fingon put on his white helm, and sounded his trumpets, and all his host leapt forth from the hills in sudden onslaught.”

2 Sword of the Noldor Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elven Elf. Bearer gains hunter 1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer to exert a minion.
”The light of the drawing of the swords of the Noldor was like a fire in a field of reeds….”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.
Response: If Fingon is about to take any numbers of wounds in a skirmish, discard this artifact to prevent that.
”…Fingon put on his white helm, and sounded his trumpets, and all his host leapt forth from the hills in sudden onslaught.”

Sound.

1 Sword of the Noldor Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
”The light of the drawing of the swords of the Noldor was like a fire in a field of reeds….”

+2 strength effectively is a little much on top of a good ability as well. Cost 2 or drop a strength from it.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:31 am
Done. Thanks! GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
[quote="Anonymous Prodigy"]1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.
Looks fine to me.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

Right on the edge of costing 2 or 1, but yeah...2 is probably best.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.
nice!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

consider cutting cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.

I don’t understand the +1 Vitality thing. If there were a stat such as defense I’d suggest making it high but otherwise it’s a bit redundant. A nice card overall though.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

I’d make it strength +2 and keep the cost 2. Cool idea.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:43 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.

Just balanced because he costs 4.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf

Interesting. Specify ’skirmish event’ though.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf

Crazily powerful compared to his other version. Cut the hunter and/or the healing clause (better to drop the hunter).

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1Fingon’s Helm Elven
Artifact • Helm
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Fingon.

A classic Gimli’s Helm. Nice.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

Definitely keep the cost at 2 with those abilities.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards