LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:32 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
Okay, so i also like Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom. Cool

I have this strong feeling that you like....Elves...?

Am I right?
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:08 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Actually, i'm a Gondor man. But don't get me wrong... i ain't got nothin' against those elves Wink
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:41 pm
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges is one of the most solid ARBs, if you put the Dwarven ring of fury on him.
Yeah, put 'im with Durin III and Linnar, and you got yourself one freakin' awesome starting fellowship! Very Happy Cool Twisted Evil .
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges is one of the most solid ARBs, if you put the Dwarven ring of fury on him.
Yeah, put 'im with Durin III and Linnar, and you got yourself one freakin' awesome starting fellowship! Very Happy Cool Twisted Evil .

And when did this hit you over the head? I've been using that build FOREVER! Wink
Pipsqueak
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:02 pm
Well, to be honest, anyone who knows the game can see that gimli is probably the best ARB. But, until just recently (when i got me a gimli Razz ), i didn't really like dwarves... i thought they sucked.
So... until now, even though i knew they were freakin' awesome before, i have not given them full credit for being said awesome.
But now that their power is in my hands, i'll gladly admit (and massacre anyone i play) that they are the best. Wink
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:58 am
Pipsqueak wrote:
Well, to be honest, anyone who knows the game can see that gimli is probably the best ARB. But, until just recently (when i got me a gimli Razz ), i didn't really like dwarves... i thought they sucked.
So... until now, even though i knew they were freakin' awesome before, i have not given them full credit for being said awesome.
But now that their power is in my hands, i'll gladly admit (and massacre anyone i play) that they are the best. Wink

Wield the power well my son...
Pipsqueak
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:20 pm
They had better make a Tom Bombadil ARB soon, cause he actually got to wear the one ring. He should get some recognition.
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
They had better make a Tom Bombadil ARB soon, cause he actually got to wear the one ring. He should get some recognition.

Reasons why not:

1. Tom Bombadil really has no revere for the ring, he doesn’t care about it, he holds it, looks at it, and gives it back completely unaffected.
2. In the books Tom Bombadil has as much power as he limits himself to, he is "the Master."
3. The one card of him has 14 strength and 9 vitality. Imagine a rb with 14 strength and 9 vitality, then give him the +2 vitality ring and he has 11 vitality....
4. Tom Bombadil wont leave an are he has designated for himself. As Gandalf said.
Aragorn33
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:56 pm
Ok my favorite is Boromir, Bearer of Council he’s great! Who cares about resistance and strength I’ve never had a problem with either.

You play Boromir BoC as your RB and then you start with

Aragorn, Strider
Faramir, Prince of Ithilien
Denethor, I forget the name but the rare from MD.

This lets you start all four Noble Leader’s, you run 3-4 copies of that in your deck with Elendil, Narsil, 4x Sappling and Scroll of Isildur and I can beat almost anything. Corsair’s I’ve found to be the hardest to get by.

If you a play a 30-35 card Fellowship you should have no trouble pulling the cards you need. After all it doesn’t really matter if the RB can be 80 strength, it’s just whoever gets to the end faster.

Now I do really like Gimli, Bearer of Grudges as well, an all dwarf deck does do really well with Durin III in your starting fellowship you can take right off on the adventure path and really never look back. If you match this deck with Corsair’s for your shadow you fly through your deck and decimate your opponent. Plus it’s easy to boost Gimli’s resistance with Damage bonuses.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:19 pm
Aragorn33: about the dwarves: Exactly, but you should also start with Linnar, Dwarven Lord, and put the Ring of Fury on Gimli (severe resistance boosts!).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion