LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is All Life Flees?

5 (Best)  
20%
  [ 3 ]  20%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

33%
  [ 5 ]  33%

1 (Worst)  
6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

Total Votes : 15
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Hmm... decent card. For 3 twilight (at lowest, and it could even be 5), you can discard a follower, but you also have to spot a Nazgul which will require more twilight. It’s okay if followers are killing you.

The second ability is really overcosted. I mean, playing a 5-cost minion would cost 12! Even a Morgul Whelp would take up 4 twilight. I’d rather just use Morgul Squealer.

It only gets a 2 (or maybe a 3) from me.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:35 pm
Well, yes, Morgul Squealer is better. If you can spot 6 companions.

I mean, you pay 2*(X+1)+Y, where X is the twilight cost of a Wraith minion to get it from your deck. Y is the Nazgul’s cost (depending on conditions, could be 0 to 10). You then have an additional minion in play.

Morgul Squealer needs Z*(X-1)+3, Z being equal to the number of minions played. You then have either: 1 less minion (if you don’t play a minion), the same number of minions (if you play 1), or an additional minion if you play 2.

So, it does vary somewhat, although it does seem to be much weaker than it should. Honestly, I’d rather splash Gollum for Sudden Strike (funner against Smeagol users).

If you can get a Nazgul out for 1 or less (total), or there are not 6 companions, All Life Flees is better for getting the same minion out (unless the pair works well together).
Otherwise, Morgul Squealer would be.

That being said, I do like the picture.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:37 pm
Follower hate gives it a 5. The other special is just in case you don’t run against followers. Although discard pile would have been more balanced. Or 0.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:40 pm
NBarden wrote:
The other special is just in case you don’t run against followers. Although discard pile would have been more balanced. Or 0.

True...

I probably would have suggested (for example, if it came up in the DC forum) that it gives the minion Toil 1 or 2...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thats a pretty kewl pic, and follower killing is always kewl.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:49 pm
Good to see a card that is anti-followers, but other than that, it appears mediocre. A 3 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nice follower hNOLINKate. The other ability isn’t so nice...but again, it’s not the main ability.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
raptor22
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:41 pm
Nice card, it takes care of followers, and if your opponent isn’t playing them, then it’s not completely useless, because you can still use the second ability.
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:18 am
What is this a picture of?
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:36 am
Its the nazgul’s hand and a centipede running off, when the hobbits are hiding by the side of the road when they fell out of farmer maggots field and found mushrooms.

This card is lame. Nazgul are the most costly of minions unless you are playing Dark Approach but even still a 3 minimum in the shadow to discard a follower is expensive. Useful. But costly.

The other ability is shocking. Its never really going to be used to play a gul. As its gonna costs at least 10. Thats just daft. Morcs might find a use for it but not when theres squealer.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit