LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Radagast's Herb Bag?

5 (Best)  
93%
  [ 15 ]  93%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA

Yeah, Decipher’s reaching quite a bit with this one, but what a card!

Yet another +1 vitality for Gandalf (or Radagast, of course) and +2 resistance makes it an interesting choice for Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation. Of course, that resistance boost makes it plenty useful for any other version of Gandalf as well (whom I personally always thought got cheated a bit with only 7 resistance), and combos very nicely with cards like G for Grand and Prolonged Struggle. Or Radagast, with his Gandalf signet (and thus only 6 resistance), benefits very nicely if you choose to let him keep it.

But wait, there’s more! The gametext adds some serious oomph to your spells, which is probably their way of making up for having 25 spells prior to Shadows and only 8 (eight?!) since. We’ll take it though, right? Razz

I give it a 5, almost based on the stat boosters alone.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
chris_ryu
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am
So another very powerful card. It’s a great possesion to make combo with playing spells and wounding minions in maneuver and skirmish phase. Everybody knows spell which exerts wizard X times to exert minion X times. So if we combine it with Radagast’s Herb Bag we can easly kill a minion. And a great bonus +1 to vitality and +2 to resistance it also can be be useful. If we add to this for examplke shadowfax stats will be unbelievable.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am
Awesome stats for Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation! Plus, the minion wounding ability is cool. Thumbs Up I agree with Dain on this one; the stats are enough to give it a 5. Smile
I had to put something here.
Shadows
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am
Gandalf, Powerful Guide + 2 hobbits need to play him + shadowplay + this + Terrible and Evil = ouch.

...Gandalf and hobbit mass murder wounding...and then in expanded, strength of spirit combo anyone?
Last edited by Shadows on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:59 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Wow. I love the Gandalf culture now. Back during the Fellowship all the way through RotK, I didn’t really like it that much, but this is yet another addition to a great culture!

(plus, who doesn’t love WETA cards?)

not only are the stats alone enough to give it a 5, I would say that having the ability alone is enough for at least a 4, if not another 5.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:23 pm
Oy vei! Cheap stat boosts and a crazy ability. As someone else said, use this + Gandalf, Powerful Guide + Shadowplay + Strength of Spirit... exert the minion when it’s played via Shadowplay, play Strength of Spirit to place no token for the Hobbit’s exertion, and then add a burden and exert Gandalf to place 2 wounds on minions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:44 pm
One Last Surprise. Resistance alone makes it awesome. Vitality, even better. And that ability rocks. 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Incredibly overpowered. I love it!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:03 pm
Whoa, when combined with Gandalf, powerful guide, it can wipe minions off the table! Laughing
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:08 am
This is going in my gandalf ringbearer deck for the resistance and my spell deck using powerful guide. 5 easily. Extremely useful abilites and stat modifiers.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit