LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Elven Armaments?

5 (Best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination

This is nothing to laugh at, a strength +2 AND a vitilaty boost is jut awesome. its special ability also helps elven telepathy decks in the archery phase, although its requirements are kinda bad, but the best Elven possession so far. from me, a 5
Last edited by legoles3333 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:24 am; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Awesome boosts, even considering it prohibits you from bearing other possessions (though not artifacts or conditions, so you can still pump other ways).

The big drawback, in my opinion, comes when you try to play it on a unique Elven companion: it eliminates the archery Elves excel at. This means you better either play it on a non-unique Elf (interesting way of forcing that, D) or plan on using Elves for skirmishing only.

Still, a very neat card. It’s hard to give it a 5 with that drawback, but a 4 is definately deserved.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:01 pm
Sweet card, except for the fact that it generally disables Elven archery. Rolling Eyes

The lore is neat. I’m glad to know that is what Elrond actually said in the movie. It always sounded like "Turn and go hide!" Laughing

Anyway, a 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Ah, it may kill elf archery, but it does the same to the orc archery which is rapidly approaching broken...
A 4 from me, although I doubt I’ll ever actually use it myself.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:23 pm
A great thing for elven telepathy/elvent decks. Give this to Elrond, Witness to History or Cirdan, the Shipwright.

Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:02 pm
I love it for a specific reason - It’s a Hand Weapon, and it’s a Shield!

That being said, if we can find a way to prevent wounds during skirmishes to a unique Elf companion, I think we’ve found the new deck...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, WTH are they holding the shield IN ADITTION to a hand weapon, and your companions cannot? Kinda sucks. However, the card is REALLY powerful!
I don't like YOU.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:15 pm
This is a combo hand weapon/shield card. A character can only hold one possession of each type, which means no other hand weapons. I mean if you think about it, a great shield and a spear (long spear or pilum) use both of your hands so you really can’t carry anything else in active combat. Not a bad card, but I have a hard time seeing elves using this consistently after RotK block rotates out. Cirdan, The Shipwright would be awesome to use this with/on especially since it doesn’t prevent the use of artifacts.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:18 pm
I’m a little confused on what you mean...

But, I’ve found my method:

Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled + Consorting with Wizards
Gondor Wraiths + Swept Away
Balglin, Elven Warrior + Elven Armaments (using Elf ally to play him)
Discarding Merry/Pippin + Shadowplay to keep a minion exerted (whoever faces Balglin

No archery phase prevents the archery wounds. The only one who can take skirmish wounds is Balglin, and if you make sure the minion assigned to him is wounded, he has a limit of one per turn...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:17 pm
ESCALATION!!!

This is pretty much an auto-win against any archery deck. Dang. And against anything else, you still get some awesome stats.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit