LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
Arcor
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:45 am
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

I’m new to this forum and just started playing LOTR TCG again a couple of months ago. Did play it years ago when EOF was the newest edition and couldnt resist now with those great prizes around for the old editions Very Happy

Anyway, wanted to post one of my favourite decks here:

Fellowship Site: Pipeweeds

Companions:
1x Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir + The One Ring, Ruling Ring
1x Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk (starting)
2x Aragorn, Heir to the White City
2x Gimli, Son of Gloin
1x Legolas, Greenleaf

Possessions:
4x Old Toby
4x Longbottom Leaf
1x Glamdring
1x Gandalf’s Staff
1x Gandalf’s Cart
1x Narya
1x Ranger’s Sword
1x Armor
1x Mithril Coat
1x Hobbit Sword
1x Gimli’s Battle Axe
1x Gimli’s Helm
1x Dwarven Armor
1x Gimli’s Pipe
2x Aragorn’s Pipe
1x Gandalf’s Pipe
1x Frodo’s Pipe
1x The Gaffer’s Pipe

Events:
4x Servant of the Secret Fire
2x Intimidate
1x Sleep, Caradhras

Allies:
1x Bounder
1x The Gaffer, Father to Sam

Conditions:
1x Gandalf’s Wisdom
1x Trust me as you once did

Shadow Site: Isengard Orcse Smile

Minions:
1x Orc Commander
1x Orc Overseer
4x Isengard Forger
3x Isengard Retainer
1x Isengard Servant
1x Saruman, Servant of the Eye
3x Isengard Smith
2x Isengard Warrior
3x Isengard Worker
1x The Balrog, Durin’s Bane

Events:
4x Servants to Saruman
3x The Trees are Strong
1x Can you protect me from yourself?
3x Coming for the Ring

Conditions:
2x Tower of Orthanc
2x Sarumans Ambition
2x Trapped and alone

Possession/Artifacts:
1x The Palantir of Orthanc
4x Isengard Axe

Both Sides include 42 cards. IMHO that is a bit much, so i’m thinking bout removing some cards from the deck. Just am not sure which. One fellowship side i thought about the two conditions, probably Dwarven Armor, one of Aragorn’s Pipes and maybe even Intimidate, though it saved me a couple of times.

Shadow Site is more difficult though. I still need one Orc Commander and one Orc Overseer and additionally one The trees are strong. Dunno though what to remove from the Deck

Hope you can help me with it.

Cheers Arcor
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
a fellowship isengard orcs deck...the things you learn cut can you protect me....and balrog freeps...intimidate maybe
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Arcor
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:45 am
Can you protect me ... yeah, could cut that. Kinda funny card, as in FOTR nearly all my friends play Aragorn, so it’s kinda useful, though most will add 2 burdens and thats it
Personally i wouldnt cut the Balrog, cos it has happened several times already, that i had no orcs in hand while at site 5, so i can do at least some damage. Was thinking bout removing Palantir of Orthanc, but with enough minions and twilight pool it’s kinda cool to remove the whole hand, so that your opponent cant make his companions stronger.

On fellowship site i guess i’ll remove gandalfs wisdom for sure. Play already Aragorn Heir, who removes 2 pool when i move. With Gaffer’s Pipe i can remove the rest. And i play only 2 companions with Gandalf sign, Frodo and Gimli.

The real problem with Isengard Orcs is that they arent strong enough and there is only Servants to Saruman to make them stronger alongside Isengard Axe, and Servants only adds +2 strength. Not that much really. Was thinking bout including Isengard Shaman to remove pool to heal the other Orcs, cos they were beaten up by a strong Gimli the last times (i ******* hate Gimli full armed, any idea how to handle that guy???)
Arcor
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:27 am
Sorry for doubleposting, hope it’s no problem

I’ve reduced the fellowship site to 38 cards, removing both Intimidate, Gandalf’s Wisdom and one Aragorn’s Pipe.
The Isengard Orcs have due to lack of inflicting wounds been replaced by a Nazgûl side, which consists of

4x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgûl
1x Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul
1x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutnant of Morgul
1x Ulaire Otsea, Lieutnant of Morgul
2x Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
2x Morgul Skulker
2x Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
1x Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight
1x Morgul Gates
3x Gates of the Dead City
4x Threshold of Shadow
4x It wants to be found
2x The Pale Blade
2x Nazgûl-Sword
2x Drawn to its Power
3x Blade Tip
2x Black Breath
1x In the Ringwraiths Wake

The deck isn’t finished yet. I still need 3 more Morgul Gates, 3 Gates of the Dead City probably making way for them and at least one more Toldea, Probably another Lieutnant of Morgul Enquea aswell, Otseas making way and i could also replace In the Ringwraiths Wake with another Blade Tip
Anyway, aim of the deck is to corrupt Frodo and kill of weak companions. 4 Weapons and 4x Threshold of Shadow should provide that the Nazgul win most fights and can transfer Blade Tips and Black Breath on the opponent’s companions.

That’s my site path i use now
1: Shire Lookout Point
2: Weathertop
3: Ford of Bruinen
4: Eregion Hills
5: The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm
6: Caras Galadhon
7: Anduin Wilderland
8: Shores of Nen Hithoel
9: Summit of Amon Hen

I tested the deck yesterday and it worked fine, killed my dwarven deck (Gloin, Gimli, Farin, Fror and Aragorn) at site 9 though i had not played too many Nazgûl till site 6.
If you have any ideas of making the deck better, let me know

Cheers Arcor

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block