LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is The Faithful Stone?

5 (Best)  
65%
  [ 13 ]  65%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

Total Votes : 20
FortunesRazor
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:02 am
I’ve been thinking, and even if this was unique and exclusive only to gondor it would still be mean. Possibly not broken. But every three minions and one doesn’t fight, and like said above, with all of gondor’s token adding this could seriously be a rough card to play against.
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:15 am
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4384

Check out this thread, it has errata on plenty of cards. Including X-lists that the cobra cards community contributed to. Faithful Stone was one, with un-broken text. Very Happy
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:29 pm
Just completly Broken. How does a card like this even get made. Even without playtesting you can’t possibly think this was a good idea.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
Dravius
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:53 am
Remember why frying pan, Filibert Bolger, Wily Rascal and O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! and other such cards were once on the X-list ?

They granted what they called a safe site 9 victory as they called it then. What is the difference with this card ? There isn’t. With 4 copies in play and enough tokens on them, you could make it to site 9 unharmed.

With an ability like that and it should just be X-listed just like the above cards were before they changed the rule for skirmish cancellation on the ring-bearer.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:33 pm
It is pretty ridiculous how far this has gone.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:40 pm
This is just stupid. Decipher is just throwing out crap at this point. The last writhings of a dying creature.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Bump for the means of post trauma analysis:

The contention around the brokeness of this card, while understandable, wanes a signifigant amount when one considers the fact that the minion types most challenged by the card have the most natural responses to shut it down.

Consider the new Orks; the most reliant on swarm, they have the following discard at their disposal:

Unreasonable Choice
Orkish Flanker (automatic shutdown of multiple copies)
Storming the Ramparts (while coming in behind the usage of one Faithful Stone removal, can get in a free discard of another)
Orc Raid Commander (Shadow phase housecleaning)

Uruks, which have recently gotten a reasonable swarm nature to them, contend with:

Tempest of War
You Do Not Know Fear

Now, while both of them will activate after a single Faithful Stone usage, both can obliterate four copies in a single card.

Evil men win with archery. Said removed minions are still going to get their wounds in. And they have enough broken recursion tricks to archery a free spending fellowship to death early on. Gollum/Shelob has natural synergy with Nazgul, which have a number of options to clear out the Pukel men. And ALL minion cultures have the ability to use Dol Guldur in the regroup phase, and the Faithful Stone can guarantee a shadow player the opportunity to get in those condition discards.

The fact is, there are enough answers to The Faithful Stone to make well and certain that a well prepared shadow will have a reasonable shot at taking down a player packing that card. We sit here and complain that all these cards are NPE, but then don’t consider the fact that we’re already, for the most part, playing proper responses, or have stronger answers available. And for the Free Peoples part, expecting someone to actually play you straight up against that card is going to dictate how many copies you put into play, and how many you put in the deck. Four of? I don’t find a card a four of when a single cards can remove every copy of it from play. And I wouldn’t give an opponent a chance to take down more than two copies of it at once, if I was going to specifically build a deck around it. For all of the complaints of escallation, it looks less like a broken lockdown, and more like a misdirected answer too late to viably fix a known problem.

Saying you wouldn’t play someone sporting The Faithful Stone is like saying you wouldn’t play someone playing discard. Not being prepared to face strong opposition is nothing more than consistently preparing to lose.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:21 am
LunaticFringe wrote:

Saying you wouldn’t play someone sporting The Faithful Stone is like saying you wouldn’t play someone playing discard. Not being prepared to face strong opposition is nothing more than consistently preparing to lose.

Discard isnt strong its just dull. Why buy cards to make a deck and have fun designing it to see all your hard earned cards disappear? Strong is a deck thats so good at killing or burdening the fellowship that it wins quite easily. Discard isnt. Its boring.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:19 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Discard isnt strong its just dull. Why buy cards to make a deck and have fun designing it to see all your hard earned cards disappear? Strong is a deck thats so good at killing or burdening the fellowship that it wins quite easily. Discard isnt. Its boring.

I’m going to disagree with you here. If the discard is systematic and no just 4 copies of nobody tosses a dwarf then is more than strong since for sure is going to discard key cards! And for that is not boring but irksome. Also, there are many decks which rely on a single card, if this card doesn’t come quickly then they have problem. What kind of strategy is that? With one single card I’m a god but without it I’m crappy? Such kind of decks suffer if they lose their precious card and such deserve to be discarded! Mr. Green
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:50 pm
This card should be X-listed! Cool pic though. Of course, many people play Wraith in my tourney, so this won’t be too bad of a problem. Still gets a 5 from me even though it is sorta broken. Mr. Green
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit